PDA

View Full Version : The Cooking Thread II

07-16-2006, 05:26 PM
After the other thread got locked I decided it was time to re-create it agian after some down time. Also I have news: I have begun to take up cocktail making and bartending. I am attempting to create a list of things I can make:

Bloody Mary
Scotch and Water
Gin and Tonic
Martini
Mint Julep
Daiquiri
White/Back Russian/Irish

This list will hopefully continue to grow.

Alright, now I will also lay out my next meal plan:

First Corse: Carpaccio

Main Course: Lamb Stew

Dessert: Ice Cream Soda

Everything else I have made before except for the Carpaccio. Ill give you the recipe for a very basic lamb stew that I made:

Lamb Stew

3 Lbs of Lamb
4 carrots
4 Stalks of Celery
6 Potatoes
Rosemary
1 Large Vidalia Onion
Thyme
2 cloves of Garlic
2 quarts of Chicken Broth
1/2 cup Red Wine
Flour

Coat the Lamb in Flour and brown in a large Dutch Oven. Take the lamb out. De-Glaze with 1/2 cup of red wine and begin to simmer the Garlic, Carrots and Onion. Add the lamb back. Wait until reddish sauce forms on the clear onions. Add the Chicken Broth. Reduce an inch. Add the Rosemary and Thyme. Simmer for 15 minutes. Take Rosemary and Thyme out and add Potatoes and celery. Simmer for 1 hour and serve with bread for dipping.

Ice Cream Soda

3 parts Ice Cream (any flavor)
1 part milk
Whipped Cream

Blend in a blender, our into a glass and use Whipped Cream to make a dome. Grate chocolate over it.

I guess you could spike this with a couple ounces of Gin or Vodka but I have never tried it.

CGF 216/137
07-16-2006, 05:29 PM
if you can't make a zombie, caucasian (white russian) or margarita you're a crappy bartender.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
07-16-2006, 05:29 PM
I have to say, I make a mean pre-packaged sausage. Ask my Hospitality class.

President
07-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Ice Cream Soda

1 [n]part[/b] milk
Whipped Cream

Blend in a blender, our into a glass and use Whipped Cream to make a dome. Grate chocolate over it.

I guess you could spike this with a couple ounces of Gin or Vodka but I have never tried it.
Did you mean to say "pints" ?

CGF 216/137
07-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Ice Cream Soda

1 [n]part[/b] milk
Whipped Cream

Did you mean to say "pints" ?

no parts meaning 3 whatevers of ice cream for each 1 whatever of milk.

Vince Lombardi
07-16-2006, 06:04 PM
I posted this in the old grillmasters thread, but I think thats pretty much dead, so here it is again. Simple and delicious.

spicy brown mustard BBQ sauce
1/2 part Guldens spicy brown mustard
1/2 part Jack Daniels Original #7 BBQ sauce

that's it, mix 'em together and enjoy!

CGF 216/137
07-16-2006, 06:05 PM
I posted this in the old grillmasters thread, but I think thats pretty much dead, so here it is again. Simple and delicious.

mustard sucks balls.

SuperMcGee
07-16-2006, 06:05 PM

mustard is not good balls.

sure aint

Vince Lombardi
07-16-2006, 06:06 PM

mustard is not good balls.

You can have your balls any way you want 'em.

The Fat Kid
07-16-2006, 06:12 PM
After the other thread got locked I decided it was time to re-create it agian after some down time. Also I have news: I have begun to take up cocktail making and bartending. I am attempting to create a list of things I can make:

Bloody Mary
Scotch and Water
Gin and Tonic
Martini
Mint Julep
Daiquiri

Everything else I have made before except for the Carpaccio. Ill give you the recipe for a very basic lamb stew that I made:

Lamb Stew

3 Lbs of Lamb
4 carrots
4 Stalks of Celery
6 Potatoes
Rosemary
1 Large Vidalia Onion
Thyme
2 cloves of Garlic
1/2 cup Red Wine
Flour

Coat the Lamb in Flour and brown in a large Dutch Oven. Take the lamb out. De-Glaze with 1/2 cup of red wine and begin to simmer the Garlic, Carrots and Onion. Add the lamb back. Wait until reddish sauce forms on the clear onions. Add the Chicken Broth. Reduce an inch. Add the Rosemary and Thyme. Simmer for 15 minutes. Take Rosemary and Thyme out and add Potatoes and celery. Simmer for 1 hour and serve with bread for dipping.

Ice Cream Soda

1 part milk
Whipped Cream

that sounds really good im gonna make it later today

CGF 216/137
07-16-2006, 06:14 PM

Bloody Mary
Scotch and Water
Gin and Tonic
Martini
Mint Julep
Daiquiri

Lamb Stew

3 Lbs of Lamb
4 carrots
4 Stalks of Celery
6 Potatoes
Rosemary
1 Large Vidalia Onion
Thyme
2 cloves of Garlic
1/2 cup Red Wine
Flour

Ice Cream Soda

1 part milk
Whipped Cream

i'm pretty sure that's just a basic milkshake.

The Fat Kid
07-16-2006, 06:16 PM
milk shakes are freakin awsome :mrgreen:

07-16-2006, 06:17 PM

Bloody Mary
Scotch and Water
Gin and Tonic
Martini
Mint Julep
Daiquiri

Lamb Stew

3 Lbs of Lamb
4 carrots
4 Stalks of Celery
6 Potatoes
Rosemary
1 Large Vidalia Onion
Thyme
2 cloves of Garlic
1/2 cup Red Wine
Flour

Ice Cream Soda

1 part milk
Whipped Cream

Pretty much.

slightlyaraiderfan
07-16-2006, 06:17 PM
milk shakes are freakin awsome :mrgreen:
Yes they are, I use to work at an ice cream shop, and I use to myself atleast a couple day. :P

07-16-2006, 06:56 PM
if you can't make a zombie, caucasian (white russian) or margarita you're a crappy bartender.

Umm... I just started to learn yesterday....

rainbeaukid2
07-16-2006, 07:00 PM

Bloody Mary
Scotch and Water
Gin and Tonic
Martini
Mint Julep
Daiquiri

Lamb Stew

3 Lbs of Lamb
4 carrots
4 Stalks of Celery
6 Potatoes
Rosemary
1 Large Vidalia Onion
Thyme
2 cloves of Garlic
1/2 cup Red Wine
Flour

Ice Cream Soda

1 part milk
Whipped Cream

unless you add soda or something to make it fizz

CGF 216/137
07-16-2006, 07:02 PM

i could teach you young grasshopper. with me and DS you'd leave a drunk and worthless alcoholic, but a drunk and worthless alcoholic who made a mean caucasian and zombie

07-16-2006, 07:03 PM

i could teach you young grasshopper. with me and DS you'd leave a drunk and worthless alcoholic, but a drunk and worthless alcoholic who made a mean caucasian and zombie

I'm game.

Nerv
Well see about this cooking thread :twisted:

Draft King
I know how to cook rice....... :P

CGF 216/137
07-16-2006, 07:04 PM

I'm game.

first consume a quarter liter of vodka and then contact me for further information.

07-16-2006, 07:08 PM

The other one was good for about 5 pages, then it went down the tubes.

07-16-2006, 07:09 PM
first consume a quarter liter of vodka and then contact me for further information.

Umm..... Maybe I should wait until I'm legal to continue my training.

CGF 216/137
07-16-2006, 07:09 PM

The other one was good for about 5 pages, then cgf got involved.

07-16-2006, 07:11 PM

Do I want to know what the STC is?

Boston
07-16-2006, 07:12 PM

Yeah. Than it ended up getting it's tubes tied. :roll:

07-16-2006, 07:13 PM

Yeah. Than it ended up getting it's tubes tied. :roll:

I finally managed to have an end put to it.

CGF 216/137
07-16-2006, 07:14 PM

Sex-Time Continuum :wink:

and your training begins now.

07-16-2006, 08:07 PM

Does my training involve the STC? Sounds promising.

CGF 216/137
07-16-2006, 08:11 PM

it involves certain members of the STC the master, aka myself, and the Dot champion, aka duckseason, BTW don't you dare aggitate his dots.

07-16-2006, 08:41 PM

it involves certain members of the STC the master, aka myself, and the Dot champion, aka duckseason, BTW don't you dare aggitate his dots.

I cant promise anything.

What is my first mission?

*Lets not take this too far off track.*

07-17-2006, 12:04 AM
Bump

duckseason
07-17-2006, 12:05 AM
Bump

Glad you brought this back, VF. Let's keep it on topic this time. :P

DHVF
07-17-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm opening this back up, but I'm gonna permanently delete it if it gets back off topic like it was.

07-17-2006, 12:24 PM
I'm opening this back up, but I'm gonna permanently delete it if it gets back off topic like it was.

Thanks.

I am going to be making a 5 Course meal and I need a suggestion on the last course, so far I have:

1st: Bruschetta

2ed: Gazpacho

3ed: Lamb Stew

4th: Milkshakes

I need to fit another course in here but I dont know what or when. Suggestions?

CGF 216/137
07-17-2006, 12:24 PM
is mixing drinks off topic?

DHVF
07-17-2006, 12:25 PM
is mixing drinks off topic?You might be best off not posting in this topic.

CGF 216/137
07-17-2006, 12:27 PM

Thanks.

I am going to be making a 5 Course meal and I need a suggestion on the last course, so far I have:

tha'ts a very liquidy meal. Something like a pasta salad might be a good counter to that.

07-17-2006, 12:28 PM

Thanks.

tha'ts a very liquidy meal. Something like a pasta salad might be a good counter to that.

Hmm.... Thats a good point, something crunchy something hard....
Hmmmm I have a couple ideas, lemme think for a minute.

EDIT: Hmm... yes, Pasta, I could it it in between the Stew and Gazpacho. Yes, with Celery, Radishes and carrots. Excellent! Thanks for the tip.

CGF 216/137
07-17-2006, 12:30 PM

Thanks.

crunchy could work but i'm not the biggest fan of massive texture changes. which is why i went to pasta as it is substantial and a filling food yet has a similar texture to gaspacho, milkshakes and some lamb stews.

CGF 216/137
07-17-2006, 12:32 PM
no prob. i'm alwyas gald to help, although i wish dhvf would let me help your drink mixing skills.

07-17-2006, 12:32 PM

Thanks.

crunchy could work but i'm not the biggest fan of massive texture changes. which is why i went to pasta as it is substantial and a filling food yet has a similar texture to gaspacho, milkshakes and some lamb stews.

hmmm hm. It will be good because you have the smooth Gazpacho followed by a slightly heavier pasta salad before the chunky heavy stew. Perfect.

07-17-2006, 12:33 PM
no prob. i'm alwyas gald to help, although i wish dhvf would let me help your drink mixing skills.

You could make a Batrending Thread but im not too sure how well the mods would take to that.

CGF 216/137
07-17-2006, 12:34 PM
that was my line of thought.

CGF 216/137
07-17-2006, 12:35 PM

You could make a Batrending Thread but im not too sure how well the mods would take to that.
too lazy and i'm busy playing e poker at full tilt

07-17-2006, 12:35 PM

Whats the worst that could happen?

CGF 216/137
07-17-2006, 12:37 PM

that was about yuor previous post its just with the poker game my reaction time is limited.

07-17-2006, 12:41 PM

that was about yuor previous post its just with the poker game my reaction time is limited.

Oh, carry on then.

Just a little cooking tidbit to be safe: Stew is always a fantastic idea, it is hearty, can be used for Lunch or Dinner, cheap, easy to prepare and it easy to time: Just cook it hours before you want to use it and then heat it up agian!

dx13579
07-17-2006, 01:08 PM

I would suggest preparing something else for dessert besides milkshakes...CGF is right, it is a very liquidly spread...Maybe you could serve cake or pie instead or even fruit...

drowe
07-17-2006, 01:19 PM

I would suggest preparing something else for dessert besides milkshakes...CGF is right, it is a very liquidly spread...Maybe you could serve cake or pie instead or even fruit...

fruit for dessert? are you a dentist? although, i am kinda fat, so what do i know. make some pie.....mmmmmmmm...pie.

07-17-2006, 01:24 PM

Hm..... thats a good point, but it would be nice to build up with Smooth Gazpacho to pasta salad to heavy stew and finish with a smooth and creamy Milkshake. The whole point of my being able to make a 5-course meal is because of how easy it is and baking a pie isnt easy.

dx13579
07-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Hm..... thats a good point, but it would be nice to build up with Smooth Gazpacho to pasta salad to heavy stew and finish with a smooth and creamy Milkshake. The whole point of my being able to make a 5-course meal is because of how easy it is and baking a pie isnt easy.

Very true...I'm just thinking if I'm eating Gazpacho then pasta salad and then stew and then a milkshake! Just seems like a lot of liquids...More than I prefer...

But it still all sounds really good...

07-17-2006, 01:32 PM

Very true...I'm just thinking if I'm eating Gazpacho then pasta salad and then stew and then a milkshake! Just seems like a lot of liquids...More than I prefer...

But it still all sounds really good...

Well the stew is very chunky and only 2 quarts of liquid thats not much and then you reduce my 1" its pretty thick and creamy and tasty.

dx13579
07-17-2006, 01:42 PM
Well the stew is very chunky and only 2 quarts of liquid thats not much and then you reduce my 1" its pretty thick and creamy and tasty.

Ahhh...I usually have my stews a little more on the watery side...So I was imagining that...But that should be fine ending to your meal...

What/Who are you making this lavish 5 course meal for?

ny10804
07-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Alright, these are the food stuffs that I have readily available:

Peanut Butter (creamy)
Peanut Butter (crunchy)
Jelly
Croissants (from Costco)
Bread
Swiss Cheese
Turkey
Mayo
Lettuce

What's the best sandwich I can make using these ingredients? (and no, not using ALL of them)

drowe
07-17-2006, 01:54 PM

Bloody Mary

hey, what do you put in your bloodys?

07-17-2006, 01:54 PM

Ahhh...I usually have my stews a little more on the watery side...So I was imagining that...But that should be fine ending to your meal...

What/Who are you making this lavish 5 course meal for?

My family and a friend of the family is coming over.

07-17-2006, 01:55 PM

Bloody Mary

6oz V8 Juice
6 Ice Cubes
3oz of Gin
Lime Juice
Slice of Lime
Celery Stick

07-17-2006, 01:56 PM

Peanut Butter (creamy)
Peanut Butter (crunchy)
Jelly
Croissants (from Costco)
Bread
Swiss Cheese
Turkey
Mayo
Lettuce

What's the best sandwich I can make using these ingredients? (and no, not using ALL of them)

Bread + Mayo + Lettuce + Swiss + Turkey

drowe
07-17-2006, 02:01 PM

Bloody Mary

6oz V8 Juice
6 Ice Cubes
3oz of Gin
Lime Juice
Slice of Lime
Celery Stick

i'm intrigued by the fact that you use Gin, but that sounds kinda bland...here's a the recipe i've been using:

Mr & Mrs T's Bloody Mary Mix (bold and spicy sounds good, but i always get the original, so i can add my own spices...btw, this is just the name for the base, not the entire recipe...its in most liquor stores)
Vodka
ice
worstechire sauce
lemon juice
tobasco sauce
celery salt

and then whatever you want for garnish...pickles are always good, but if you can find pickled okra, those are GREAT in a bloody mary.

Nerv
07-17-2006, 02:04 PM
Man Bloody Mary's are nasty enough as is, now you guys are adding lemon juice & celery to it!? Eeeeyuck.

07-17-2006, 02:05 PM

Bloody Mary

6oz V8 Juice
6 Ice Cubes
3oz of Gin
Lime Juice
Slice of Lime
Celery Stick

i'm intrigued by the fact that you use Gin, but that sounds kinda bland...here's a the recipe i've been using:

Mr & Mrs T's Bloody Mary Mix (bold and spicy sounds good, but i always get the original, so i can add my own spices...btw, this is just the name for the base, not the entire recipe...its in most liquor stores)
Vodka
ice
worstechire sauce
lemon juice
tobasco sauce
celery salt

and then whatever you want for garnish...pickles are always good, but if you can find pickled okra, those are GREAT in a bloody mary.

I think Gin is better than Vodka but yours sounds amazing, I've just taken it up so its not too exotic as of now. Thanks for the recipe.

07-17-2006, 02:06 PM
Man Bloody Mary's are nasty enough as is, now you guys are adding lemon juice & celery to it!? Eeeeyuck.

They actually taste pretty good, the V8 is usually too salty but the gin and ice and lime juice help to dull it just right.

drowe
07-17-2006, 02:07 PM

dude, i actually hate tomato juice more than anything. I NEVER thought I'd be a Bloody Mary drinker. but, a good Bloody Mary will not taste too much like tomato juice. can't describe what it tastes like, but it rocks. there are only 2 bars in green bay that i ever order 'em in (nothing worse than a bad bloody). And i'll drink the ones i make myself with the recipe listed above.

drowe
07-17-2006, 02:12 PM

Bloody Mary

6oz V8 Juice
6 Ice Cubes
3oz of Gin
Lime Juice
Slice of Lime
Celery Stick

Vodka
ice
worstechire sauce
lemon juice
tobasco sauce
celery salt

I think Gin is better than Vodka but yours sounds amazing, I've just taken it up so its not too exotic as of now. Thanks for the recipe.

no prob, lemme know if you try it.
I've actually never had a bloody with gin, but i'll have to try it now because Gin & Tonics are my favorite mixed drink and I've been looking for something else to use Gin in. I'd probably have to alter the recipe because, while vodka is good with a salty drink, gin is a lot more citrusy (did i just invent a word?) and might not be that good with my recipe.

07-17-2006, 02:15 PM
I've actually never had a bloody with gin, but i'll have to try it now because Gin & Tonics are my favorite mixed drink and I've been looking for something else to use Gin in. I'd probably have to alter the recipe because, while vodka is good with a salty drink, gin is a lot more citrusy (did i just invent a word?) and might not be that good with my recipe.

Do you use Gin or Vodka in Martinis? and yes, you pretty much invented a word. :wink:

dx13579
07-17-2006, 02:18 PM

Actually citrusy is a real word...Do you like gin and juice?

drowe
07-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Do you use Gin or Vodka in Martinis?

well, i don't make martinis for a couple reasons:
-you have to get top shelf liquor for them to be tolerable, which gets expensive.
-i don't own a martini shaker.
-martini glasses don't fit in my car's cup holder (just kidding)
-i'm not that fancy.

but, when i'm at a bar that serves martinis (which rarely happens) i get 'em with gin. like i said before, i like the taste of a good gin, but gin & tonics and martinis are the only thing i've used gin in.

07-17-2006, 02:28 PM
Do you use Gin or Vodka in Martinis?

well, i don't make martinis for a couple reasons:
-you have to get top shelf liquor for them to be tolerable, which gets expensive.
-i don't own a martini shaker.
-martini glasses don't fit in my car's cup holder (just kidding)
-i'm not that fancy.

but, when i'm at a bar that serves martinis (which rarely happens) i get 'em with gin. like i said before, i like the taste of a good gin, but gin & tonics and martinis are the only thing i've used gin in.

I never had a Martini myslef I was just going to suggest you use Gin if you had been using Vodka in them. As I said my knowledge of mixing drinks is limited and I really dont know that many drinks to mix Gin in.

CGF 216/137
07-17-2006, 02:34 PM
well i hate bloody maries because without tabasco or worchester they're way to bland, although sometimes some steak/soy sauces are amazing in them, but with those i hate the taste.

As for Martinis i make mine the way Churchill made his. Poor some gin in a glass and show it the vermouth from the otherside of the room. Even though the original martinis are with vodka i use gin.

CGF 216/137
07-17-2006, 02:36 PM
vikings fan: you gonna keep us posted on how this works out?

bearfan
07-17-2006, 02:38 PM

Peanut Butter (creamy)
Peanut Butter (crunchy)
Jelly
Croissants (from Costco)
Bread
Swiss Cheese
Turkey
Mayo
Lettuce

I want to take a shot at this.
NO PBJ

Umm toasted bread w/ turkey, lettuce , mayo and cheese put on afterwards (toasting)
Same thing but w/ toasting the cheese w/ the bread

just a thought

07-17-2006, 03:00 PM
well i hate bloody maries because without tabasco or worchester they're way to bland, although sometimes some steak/soy sauces are amazing in them, but with those i hate the taste.

As for Martinis i make mine the way Churchill made his. Poor some gin in a glass and show it the vermouth from the otherside of the room. Even though the original martinis are with vodka i use gin.

Isnt it the other way around?

Yes, but the guest had to postpone the date to next Tuesday and she is on a diet so I have to do some extra work to work around this. [/quote]

CGF 216/137
07-17-2006, 03:03 PM

Yes, but the guest had to postpone the date to next Tuesday and she is on a diet so I have to do some extra work to work around this. [/quote]

nope original martinis were you take a glass, dunk it into some vermouth for the smell, then poor the vermouth out and pour in vodka.

as for the meal i gues you should change the desert then. depending on her diet you might wanna reconsider the pasta as well.

07-17-2006, 03:04 PM

Yes, but the guest had to postpone the date to next Tuesday and she is on a diet so I have to do some extra work to work around this.

nope original martinis were you take a glass, dunk it into some vermouth for the smell, then poor the vermouth out and pour in vodka.

as for the meal i gues you should change the desert then. depending on her diet you might wanna reconsider the pasta as well.[/quote]

Huh, I didnt know that.

She has Atkins or something like that, the Pasta and Milkshakes will have to go.

JagsFanWL
07-17-2006, 03:10 PM
i make a pretty mean Oranje Coolata imitation...

its good, ya'll should try it

In a blender, put 8 ice cubes, fill the blender with orange juice until the ice cubes are covered, add a splash of half and half and 2 spoonfuls of sugar...blend it for like a minute, its awesome

CGF 216/137
07-17-2006, 03:38 PM

Yes, but the guest had to postpone the date to next Tuesday and she is on a diet so I have to do some extra work to work around this.

as for the meal i gues you should change the desert then. depending on her diet you might wanna reconsider the pasta as well.

Huh, I didnt know that.

She has Atkins or something like that, the Pasta and Milkshakes will have to go.

tell her atkins died of a heart attack weighing 300 pounds

07-17-2006, 03:49 PM

Huh, I didnt know that.

Was Atkins a real person?

CGF 216/137
07-17-2006, 03:55 PM

Huh, I didnt know that.

Was Atkins a real person?

Dr. Atkins actually did die of a heart attack, or heart complications, while being obese. The Atkins diet is total bull and works on the premice of shocking your body into loosing weight.

07-17-2006, 03:57 PM
Dr. Atkins actually did die of a heart attack, or heart complications, while being obese. The Atkins diet is total bull and works on the premice of shocking your body into loosing weight.

Wow, thats sucks. But her doctor said not to eat any carbs, so no bread, Pasta or Potatoes.

07-22-2006, 12:39 PM
Alright people, the time nears as I get ready to go shopping. I have changed the menu:

3ed: Caeser Salad

4th: Lamb Stew

5th: Sliced Fruit

I really wish I could try my hand at some more exotic desserts but I am limited due to my guests diet.

CGF 216/137
07-22-2006, 12:44 PM
that really sucks for you. I hate cooking for ppl on atkins as it is so limiting, personally i'm abig carbs cook which is why my meals are almost always extremely filling and why i perfer to serve lunch/early dinner, than regular dinner.

07-22-2006, 12:47 PM
that really sucks for you. I hate cooking for ppl on atkins as it is so limiting, personally i'm abig carbs cook which is why my meals are almost always extremely filling and why i perfer to serve lunch/early dinner, than regular dinner.

Yeah it is but she has been a long time friend and I am more then willing to bend my menu to suit her needs.

CGF 216/137
07-22-2006, 12:51 PM

Yeah it is but she has been a long time friend and I am more then willing to bend my menu to suit her needs.

that i can understand it's just irritating. I mean if she's a really good friend you should tell her that for her own health the atkins diet is very dangerous.

dx13579
07-22-2006, 12:53 PM
Alright people, the time nears as I get ready to go shopping. I have changed the menu:

I really wish I could try my hand at some more exotic desserts but I am limited due to my guests diet.

What kinda of fruit?

CGF 216/137
07-22-2006, 12:54 PM

What kinda of fruit?

i'd imagine sweet melons, grapes and some strawberries.

dx13579
07-22-2006, 12:57 PM

I was asking cuz you could still go exotic with the fruit selection, if you have the money...

07-22-2006, 01:01 PM

What kinda of fruit?

Im going to see what they have to Publix but I plan on:

Strawberries
Blueberries
Bananas
BlackBerries

Maybe some Cantalope but this is already plenty expensive.

CGF 216/137
07-22-2006, 01:12 PM
yesterday i stumbled into the greatest sauce ever. I was making an alfredo from a friend's recipe but i decided to get creative and added curry and garlic powder. In the end it was orgasmic. Unfortunately my mom threw away the recipe so i'll have to ask my friend for it again. I mean it even made store bought pasta amazing.

07-23-2006, 04:55 PM
I dont like curry a lot but if you find the recipe I might try it.

Tomorrow I will make the stew and gazpacho and let them sit overnight. I will see if I can get some pictures of the stew and soup for you guys. In the meantime:

Custard or fruit pie?

Custard

http://www.oetker.ca/images/makeiteasy/LemonPie_4sq.jpg

http://www.ellabelles.com/recipes/key%20lime%20pie_edited.jpg

Fruit

http://www.andybaird.com/travels/life05/photos/apple-pie.jpg

http://www.porkcracklins.net/images/2004_0711.jpg

07-23-2006, 05:36 PM
I make a mean bag of ramen noodles.

ruthlessrussian
07-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Crazy, I didnt think that any on here would like to cook. Ill go with the custard pie. Fruit pies are good, but with the wrong crust it could ruin the pie.
I made a Kahlua Chocalate Bunt cake the other week for a friends Bday, it was ******* amazing.

07-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Crazy, I didnt think that any on here would like to cook. Ill go with the custard pie. Fruit pies are good, but with the wrong crust it could ruin the pie.
I made a Kahlua Chocalate Bunt cake the other week for a friends Bday, it was ******* amazing.

Bunt cakes are always great, im still not sure why. But then agian, I love all cake. Id also have to go with custard, my favorite is Key Lime.

ruthlessrussian
07-24-2006, 07:36 PM

Bunt cakes are always great, im still not sure why. But then agian, I love all cake. Id also have to go with custard, my favorite is Key Lime.

I just love the texture of a bunt cake, some cakes are just to light.

Yeah key lime is great. The Hitching Post in Santa Ynez, CA makes an awesome key lime pie, best ive ever had.

07-24-2006, 07:53 PM

I just love the texture of a bunt cake, some cakes are just to light.

Yeah key lime is great. The Hitching Post in Santa Ynez, CA makes an awesome key lime pie, best ive ever had.

Living in FL I get a chance to sample some of the better Key Limes in thw country. Coupla good shops in downtown that sell some fantastic pie.

On a side note: My dinner is coming along nicely, the stew and Gazpacho are looking good and tasting better.

CGF 216/137
07-24-2006, 09:39 PM
i'm not a very custardy guy but it could fit your meal texturally.

07-24-2006, 09:40 PM

Woah, Im not talking about making it I just like thinking about pie.

CGF 216/137
07-24-2006, 09:42 PM

haven't been able to keep up to date to much so upon seeing the question i assumed it was for your meal. THen I go fruit pie everytime. Custards are too fatty for me and i'm not a huge deserts guy.

07-24-2006, 11:02 PM

haven't been able to keep up to date to much so upon seeing the question i assumed it was for your meal. THen I go fruit pie everytime. Custards are too fatty for me and i'm not a huge deserts guy.

Desserts are awesome, perfect end to a filling meal.

CGF 216/137
07-24-2006, 11:31 PM

not a sweets guy myself but my whole family is. weird huh.

07-24-2006, 11:38 PM

not a sweets guy myself but my whole family is. weird huh.

You're weird.

CGF 216/137
07-24-2006, 11:39 PM
quiet your face homer :P

07-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Well, the meal was a hit. They loved every course except I thought the Gazpacho was dreadful but they liked it. It was easy to time and only lasted about 2:30 which is pretty good considering 5 courses.

Vince Lombardi
08-01-2006, 05:32 PM
I've found a new new marinade that is really awesome on meat & veggies: Dale's steak seasoning (http://www.dalesseasoning.com/index.html).

Nerv
08-01-2006, 05:45 PM
Im also not much of a sweets person. I also rarely eat chocolate, I like it but I prefer crunchy snacks to sweet ones.

08-01-2006, 10:40 PM
I've found a new new marinade that is really awesome on meat & veggies: Dale's steak seasoning (http://www.dalesseasoning.com/index.html).

I'll have to check it out, but I dont ever recall seeing it at the store, its possible they dont sell it down here.

Did CGF/Newt/HSABOM get banned? Why?

Vince Lombardi
08-01-2006, 11:03 PM

I'll have to check it out, but I dont ever recall seeing it at the store, its possible they dont sell it down here.

Actually it's pretty much only in stores in the south. I live in Florida also and I just picked up some from the store the other day (I forget which though, it was either Publix, Albertsons, or Walmart).

08-01-2006, 11:06 PM

Actually it's pretty much only in stores in the south. I live in Florida also and I just picked up some from the store the other day (I forget which though, it was either Publix, Albertsons, or Walmart).

well its probably just me, I have some stuff I usually get when I go the the Butchers shop, its "Selmons" pretty good stuff. With the plethra of terrible, too sweet or too salty, sauces I was pretty much content with Selmons but Ill give this a shot.

steelersfan43
08-01-2006, 11:13 PM
i can fry eggs, i know im amazing 8)

familyguy555
08-02-2006, 12:14 AM
i can fry eggs, i know im amazing 8)

:shock: