PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Interested in DT Kris Jenkins

T-RICH49
04-11-2007, 08:43 AM
http://www.heraldonline.com/247/story/15571.html

I'd give up a 3rd for him in a heartbeat

Splat
04-11-2007, 09:07 AM
I would so give up a 3rd for him after the first few DT's the draft is weak at DT I would love to have him.

BPhilb
04-11-2007, 11:31 AM
His injury history scares me, but he is defenitly better than anything we can get in the draft. I'm not one that likes to give up picks normally, but he sure would fill a gaping hole and at 27 he still has years left to be productive. A 3rd rounder would be ideal, but I'm not sure a 2nd rounder wouldn't be worth it.

Splat
04-11-2007, 03:21 PM
I would not give up a second but I would a 3rd.

villagewarrior
04-11-2007, 03:49 PM
I ditto the thoughts posted above.

bored of education
04-11-2007, 04:33 PM
A third rounder on Jenkins (who if healthy could be electric, even not 100% healthy adds depth experience and leadership) would make our front D-Line more than solid. Making me think we may not spend a 1st day pick on DT now.

Our front line would include:
Allen, Boone, Jenkins, Hali, R. Edwards, Eric Hicks (a servicable backup DE), James Reed, Ryan Sims (has he been cut yet?), Jimmy Wilkerson (a sevicable backup DE)

Could this mean we are leaning towards maybe trading Allen? I'd want a 1st rounder for sure, or a top 10 second rounder for him.

If that was the case, the Jenkins deal, where would KC go with the 1st 2 picks?

Staley/Hill-Gonzo-Davis-Smith
Houston-Revis/Hill-Davis-Gonzo-Smith
Staley/Jackson-Hughes-Irons-Wade-Coe
Meachem-Bowe-Jarrett/Jackson-Hughes-Irons-Wade-Coe
Meachem-Bowe-Jarrett/Marten-Free-Yanda-Beekman

??

interesting for sure

Splat
04-12-2007, 08:30 AM
I think they know Jared Allen will be missing the first four games so they want to beef up the line any way they can I really hope we pull this deal off and get KJ. If we get him I think they will move Wilkerson to DE full time I think he would feel in nice while Allen was gone he is not a great playing but a good player with alot of heart.

T-RICH49
04-12-2007, 11:06 AM
or trade down get an extre/early 2nd and grab a Quentin Moses or Charles Johnson with one of the 2nd rounders