04-11-2007, 12:08 PM
AHHHHHH U BEAT ME TO IT hahaahha

son of a gun

terribletowel39
04-11-2007, 12:09 PM
they call me Quick Draw McGraw on GOW.

terribletowel39
04-11-2007, 12:11 PM
5-0 to start the season off. this is greatness.

DeathbyStat
04-11-2007, 12:42 PM
I dont like the fact that we could potentally lose of of our prime time games.

St Louis
Cincy
Miami
Baltimore
Denver

mikehop05
04-11-2007, 12:43 PM
yeah i say we beat stlouis and miami though, maybe denver

terribletowel39
04-11-2007, 12:47 PM
I dont like the fact that we could potentally lose of of our prime time games.

St Louis
Cincy
Miami
Baltimore
Denver

well in all actuality we could potentially lose all of our games. although highly unlikelym it is a possibility. i don't think we lose all of your prime time games. St. Louis, Cincy, Miami and Denver i have faith that we can beat. Baltimore on the other hand, depending on how we and they are playing, could be a problem, but to be the best you have to go through the best. i am really excited about this schedule and don't see many losses, even if tomlin is having a first rough yr coach, i think our guys alone will be able to pull off atleast 10 wins.

terribletowel39
04-11-2007, 12:58 PM
i like the fact that the 2 MNF games are at home. i am trying to debate on which home game i want to drive up to and see. any ideas?? i want my first game to be one that we win, so keep that in mind. i'm thinking the browns home game.

mikehop05
04-11-2007, 01:37 PM
hmmm yeah, id wait though and try to get the miami game on MNF, but if ur going early id rather see them play San Fran

terribletowel39
04-11-2007, 01:43 PM
hmmm yeah, id wait though and try to get the miami game on MNF, but if ur going early id rather see them play San Fran

i was thinking about that miami game, but i am no millionare and that would probably be one of the hardest ones to tickets for price wise. who knows. now that the schedule is out, i've got to sit down with all the guys that are gonna be coming with and see when everybody is available. i'm already about to pee my paints at the thought of stepping in Heinz Stadium. <giggles giggles>

mikehop05
04-11-2007, 01:49 PM
yeah i went last year for my first time, about a 3.5 hour drive from college park

the atmosphere was amazing, i loved every second of it... i am trying to do it again this year, when do tickets go on sale?

DeathbyStat
04-11-2007, 02:01 PM
i was thinking about that miami game, but i am no millionare and that would probably be one of the hardest ones to tickets for price wise. who knows. now that the schedule is out, i've got to sit down with all the guys that are gonna be coming with and see when everybody is available. i'm already about to pee my paints at the thought of stepping in Heinz Stadium. <giggles giggles>

Miami will be a hot ticket with Porter coming back to town

richdg
04-11-2007, 02:08 PM
It starts pretty easy, but then gets real hard. It really looks like a 7-9 to a 9-7 at best season. Week by week break down:
1. Browns 1 win.
2. Bills 1 loss
3. 49ers 2 wins
4. Cards 3 wins
5. Seahawks 2 losses
6. bye 3-2 at this point
7. Broncos 3 losses
8. Bengals 4 losses
9. Ravens 5 losses
10. Browns 4 wins
11. Jets 6 losses
12. Dolphins 5 wins
13. Bengals 6 wins
14. Pats 7 losses
15. Jags 8 losses
16. Rams 7 wins
17. Ravens 9 losses

Now, I wish I could say we are/should be favored in most of our games. But in fact we will not be. New coach, losing talent, improving teams, on the road against teams that we are even with. In fact, I wouldn't be surpised if we end up with 10 losses.

DeathbyStat
04-11-2007, 02:32 PM
It starts pretty easy, but then gets real hard. It really looks like a 7-9 to a 9-7 at best season. Week by week break down:
1. Browns 1 win.
2. Bills 1 loss
3. 49ers 2 wins
4. Cards 3 wins
5. Seahawks 2 losses
6. bye 3-2 at this point
7. Broncos 3 losses
8. Bengals 4 losses
9. Ravens 5 losses
10. Browns 4 wins
11. Jets 6 losses
12. Dolphins 5 wins
13. Bengals 6 wins
14. Pats 7 losses
15. Jags 8 losses
16. Rams 7 wins
17. Ravens 9 losses

Now, I wish I could say we are/should be favored in most of our games. But in fact we will not be. New coach, losing talent, improving teams, on the road against teams that we are even with. In fact, I wouldn't be surpised if we end up with 10 losses.

I was just about to say 9-7

mikehop05
04-11-2007, 06:24 PM
i think we beat the bills and jets and finish 9 - 7

Man_Of_Steel
04-11-2007, 09:07 PM
1. Browns 1 win.
2. Bills 1 loss
3. 49ers 2 wins
4. Cards 3 wins
5. Seahawks 2 losses
6. bye 3-2 at this point
7. Broncos 3 losses
8. Bengals 4 losses
9. Ravens 5 losses
10. Browns 4 wins
11. Jets 6 losses
12. Dolphins 5 wins
13. Bengals 6 wins
14. Pats 7 losses
15. Jags 8 losses
16. Rams 7 wins
17. Ravens 9 losses

Wow richd, you really think the steelers are crap, losing to the Bills, there among the worst in the league.
I think 16-0 is poss but realistically 12-4.

Mr. Stiller
04-11-2007, 09:18 PM
1. Browns 1 win.
2. Bills 1 loss
3. 49ers 2 wins
4. Cards 3 wins
5. Seahawks 2 losses
6. bye 3-2 at this point
7. Broncos 3 losses
8. Bengals 4 losses
9. Ravens 5 losses
10. Browns 4 wins
11. Jets 6 losses
12. Dolphins 5 wins
13. Bengals 6 wins
14. Pats 7 losses
15. Jags 8 losses
16. Rams 7 wins
17. Ravens 9 losses

Unless Cincy has a 74' Steelers like draft they'll be hurting big time! They have depth issues at DE, DT.. they lost 3 prime LB's this past year, they lost Henry the first 8 games, They lost Steinbach... they could be back to the drawing board as well.

1. Browns 1 win.
2. Bills 2 wins
3. 49ers 3 wins
4. Cards 1 loss
5. Seahawks 4 wins
6. bye 4-1 at this point
7. Broncos 5 wins
8. Bengals 6 wins
9. Ravens 2 losses
10. Browns 7 wins
11. Jets 3 losses
12. Dolphins 4 losses
13. Bengals 8 wins
14. Pats 5 losses
15. Jags 9 wins
16. Rams 10 wins
17. Ravens 6 losses

I'm calling 10-6, with 11-5 a chance depending on the Dolphins...

mikehop05
04-11-2007, 09:46 PM
i think we beat the cards, jets, and dolphins, but lose to the beangals once, and the broncos possibly

richdg
04-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Let's see. We were 8-8 last year, and we have less talent, a new staff, and some natural turmoil that comes with these changes. On top of this, some of key players are at the point in their careers were they start to decline. Not to mention those that are having a hard time staying healthy. ward has been hurt for the last 2 years, Davenport has has injury issues every year in the league except last year, Harrison (who did not win a starting job) has been hurt every year he has been in the league. Taylor has to rebound. Smith is an unproven player at SS. Even if we get good breaks on half of these issues, it still points to a down year. Even when we won the SB, it took a great run in the second half to even make the play offs. We do have a lot of questions. My heart wants a 12-4 season. But my head says we will be lucky to get to 9-7.

mikehop05
04-11-2007, 09:59 PM
smith plays FS, but honestly the best thing we got going on for us is that we arnt superbowl champs anymore, we gotta step it up and play to our potential

Mr. Stiller
04-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Let's see. We were 8-8 last year, and we have less talent, a new staff, and some natural turmoil that comes with these changes. On top of this, some of key players are at the point in their careers were they start to decline. Not to mention those that are having a hard time staying healthy. ward has been hurt for the last 2 years, Davenport has has injury issues every year in the league except last year, Harrison (who did not win a starting job) has been hurt every year he has been in the league. Taylor has to rebound. Smith is an unproven player at SS. Even if we get good breaks on half of these issues, it still points to a down year. Even when we won the SB, it took a great run in the second half to even make the play offs. We do have a lot of questions. My heart wants a 12-4 season. But my head says we will be lucky to get to 9-7.

Don't forget we're playing the NFC East this season, unlike last year getting the NFC South. We have some very winnable games. If the oline comes together, the playbook helps the young guys, and the defense gets a pass rush, we could be pretty ok.

The more I think about it. Could our lack of pass rush be in our head.

Don't get me wrong, the #'s are there, but look at this, (Sorry just hit me).\

Our Defense was #9 overall in the NFL, we gave up 3rd downs only 39.3% of the time (Thats still 1/3, but still top 15)... our defense was still stout.

But, we have 37 giveaways for #4 in the league. Could it not been so much a "Lack of Pass rush" but more of "Lack of fresh Legs?"

Maybe our defense isn't as in trouble as we make it out to be.

We get Ben back to sub 12 INT's and fumble less than 14 times (We were averaging nearly 2.5 giveaways a game).... Our defense will be a lot fresher.

It's also hard to stop someone every time on the 30 yard line...

richdg
04-11-2007, 10:11 PM
No doubt that the OL is key. It is the key to the running game and key to the passing game. It is also the area with the most questions. Smith and Faneca are fine, it is the other 3 spots. The next area of concern is the secondary. Smith is unproven, Taylor had a bad year last year, and needs to rebound, McFadden needs to continue to develop, and Troy needs to stay healthy. That is 4 questions out of 4 starters. The best way to describe us is "Good team that is retooling". Half of our starters are good young players, another 1/4 are good vets, and the other 1/4 are question marks.

Mr. Stiller
04-11-2007, 10:14 PM
No doubt that the OL is key. It is the key to the running game and key to the passing game. It is also the area with the most questions. Smith and Faneca are fine, it is the other 3 spots. The next area of concern is the secondary. Smith is unproven, Taylor had a bad year last year, and needs to rebound, McFadden needs to continue to develop, and Troy needs to stay healthy. That is 4 questions out of 4 starters. The best way to describe us is "Good team that is retooling". Half of our starters are good young players, another 1/4 are good vets, and the other 1/4 are question marks.

you could be a browns/raiders fan.... :)

richdg
04-11-2007, 10:18 PM
I live in Michigan. I laugh at Lions fans. Teams that suck and are always rebuilding. I am very happy with the way the Steelers work. 1-2 down years, then 5-6 really good years. Repeat.

glennjamen3
04-12-2007, 12:41 AM

this could very well be the case. but at the same time i would argue that we haven't really lost that much talent. joey hurts but i really like harrison and i thought he should have been starting for haggans for a while now. i think ike is gonna be back to business but who knows for sure. and ben will be back to form this year and he'll actually have time in the offseason to work with his receivers. as far as the coaching staff, i would also argue that we may do better this year for the simple fact that we are playing for something. i'll defend cowher till death but at times it really did seem like him and the rest of the coaching staff we're just.... there. they were content, there was no drive. im hoping tomlin will be pushing hard for a decent season and i think its gonna light some fires in the players. i think if our oline holds up we could go far. again, i understand that this is just a hopeful statement, but i really believe it.

but with the super bowl year you also gotta keep in mind that ben was injured for three games toward the end of the year. he was out against the packers (won), browns (won), and ravens (lost) and his first game back was against the colts (lost) and he was terrible in it. he also missed the game we lost against the jags earlier in the year. if he didnt get hurt we couldve gone 13-3 instead of 11-5. anyway, the point im trying to make is that our run we had late in the season was merely a continuation of how we were playing before ben went out. we were a great team, we just didnt have our qb for a while. we were like a 2 or 3 seed in a 6th seed's body.

but i mean some valid poins, im just overzealous

PittPete
04-12-2007, 02:00 PM
All the pessimests should be banished tothe browns dogpound for at least two games as punishment. The Ravens kicked our asses twice last year and every other loss was a win that we gave away. No way Ben plays as badly this year for all the obvious reasons. Our offense should no longer be; "run it up the middle on 1st and 2nd down even if there are 9 guys in the box". Our defensive backs and o-line should be better(more hope than logic here). Linebacker is shaky at this point as we have little depth; two good draft choices will remedy this. Coaching should be more refreshed(again more hope) as I agree it was stale last year. Don't care what our record is as long as we get in the playoffs and don't lose afterwards.

Mr. Stiller
04-13-2007, 12:20 AM
this could very well be the case. but at the same time i would argue that we haven't really lost that much talent. joey hurts but i really like harrison and i thought he should have been starting for haggans for a while now. i think ike is gonna be back to business but who knows for sure. and ben will be back to form this year and he'll actually have time in the offseason to work with his receivers. as far as the coaching staff, i would also argue that we may do better this year for the simple fact that we are playing for something. i'll defend cowher till death but at times it really did seem like him and the rest of the coaching staff we're just.... there. they were content, there was no drive. im hoping tomlin will be pushing hard for a decent season and i think its gonna light some fires in the players. i think if our oline holds up we could go far. again, i understand that this is just a hopeful statement, but i really believe it.

but with the super bowl year you also gotta keep in mind that ben was injured for three games toward the end of the year. he was out against the packers (won), browns (won), and ravens (lost) and his first game back was against the colts (lost) and he was terrible in it. he also missed the game we lost against the jags earlier in the year. if he didnt get hurt we couldve gone 13-3 instead of 11-5. anyway, the point im trying to make is that our run we had late in the season was merely a continuation of how we were playing before ben went out. we were a great team, we just didnt have our qb for a while. we were like a 2 or 3 seed in a 6th seed's body.

but i mean some valid poins, im just overzealous

I disagree. Ben going out between the Browns/Packers. They sucked hideously that season. So did the Ravens, but If I remember correctly, we were using Tommy Maddox. As Batch got injured in the first drive of him being in.