10 -- bye -- -- --
11 Sun, Nov 18 Pittsburgh
12 Thu, Nov 22 at Dallas
13 Sun, Dec 2 at Miami
14 Sun, Dec 9 Cleveland
15 Sun, Dec 16 at New England
16 Sun, Dec 23 at Tennessee
17 Sun, Dec 30 Kansas City

Anyone else notice that we only have multiple home games in a row once and it's only a 3 game stretch? We have 3 multiple away games in a row, plus we end the last 6 games with 4 away.

That said I still count 10 wins.

derza222
04-11-2007, 06:30 PM
I'll say somewhere in the 8-10 range. 3-1 vs. NFC East, 2-2 vs. AFC North, 3-3 vs. AFC East, and 1-1 in other games would be my best guess, which adds up to 9-7.

throwback54milkman
04-11-2007, 06:34 PM
i don't like playing New England first personally

BroadwayJoe10
04-11-2007, 07:23 PM
i think the toughest part is gonna be playing the steelers than 4 days later playing at dallas...i know we'll have the bye week before, but i still think 2 NFL games in 5 days is brutal on the body..that having been said, i can't wait to actually watch the thanksgiving day football game and care who wins it

Vilma the Animal
04-11-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm trying to stay positive, but this ones brutal. I still say we're a very good team, but don't be surprised if theres a little bit of a recession this year, maybe 8-8, 9-7, or hopefully 10-6 again. There are no gimmies at all this year though...and Derza I personaly think the NFC East is very tough so maybe 3-1 is wishful thinking, although I would confidently put the Jets at 4-2 in the AFC east, which I think is a lot weaker.

But the great thing about this is that mine and everyone else's speculation really means nothing. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

Vilma the Animal
04-11-2007, 07:25 PM
i think the toughest part is gonna be playing the steelers than 4 days later playing at dallas...i know we'll have the bye week before, but i still think 2 NFL games in 5 days is brutal on the body..that having been said, i can't wait to actually watch the thanksgiving day football game and care who wins it

Oh yeah, thats really gonna be great. But if the Jets lose it'll put a bit of a damper on my Turkey Day feast, which would really suck. But if we win it's gonna be sick.

frogstomp
04-11-2007, 07:27 PM
I see us around 8-8... We could be higher or lower, depending if it's the type of year where we win games we should lose, or lose games we should win.

Zim3031
04-11-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm going to play the pessimist here, and while I know that the previous years records aren't a valid source to go by, I don't see more than 7-8 wins.

Last year we went what? 1-4, 1-5 against teams with a winning record? Well going by last year's records we are playing 8-9 teams with winning records. So we will likely have to go about .500 versus the teams with a winning record assuming we only lose one to the losing teams. That sounds like a significantly harder feat than last years team and winning 9 games would probably be an improvement team wise.

Of course, this whole argument is based on virtually meaningless statistics and I can only hope that I am incredibly wrong about this ;)

AlexDown
04-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Going to be very interesting now that we have (at least on paper) a run game.

derza222
04-11-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm trying to stay positive, but this ones brutal. I still say we're a very good team, but don't be surprised if theres a little bit of a recession this year, maybe 8-8, 9-7, or hopefully 10-6 again. There are no gimmies at all this year though...and Derza I personaly think the NFC East is very tough so maybe 3-1 is wishful thinking, although I would confidently put the Jets at 4-2 in the AFC east, which I think is a lot weaker.

But the great thing about this is that mine and everyone else's speculation really means nothing. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

NFC East shouldn't be too rough. Mangini will give Eli fits, and should give Romo some trouble, especially since they have no line in Big D. I think Washington is a win, and Philly will be tough. Overall I think we win 2 or 3 there and 3 or 4 in the East. Keep in mind we usually split with Buffalo and/or Miami and either split with NE or lose both. But I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose once out of two games to a less talented division foe.

As for our record against teams with a winning record, keep in mind we had our worst game of the season (Jax) and lost to the Bears, Pats, and Colts (2 SB teams). So we were playing teams with winning records, but the large majority of them were the elite teams with winning records, not 9-7, 10-6 teams.

El$anDollah
04-11-2007, 08:24 PM
The Jets schedule looks really tough. The thing that makes me mad though is that the Jets pick up where they last left off... with the Pats.

frogstomp
04-11-2007, 08:59 PM
NFC East shouldn't be too rough. Mangini will give Eli fits, and should give Romo some trouble, especially since they have no line in Big D. I think Washington is a win, and Philly will be tough. Overall I think we win 2 or 3 there and 3 or 4 in the East. Keep in mind we usually split with Buffalo and/or Miami and either split with NE or lose both. But I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose once out of two games to a less talented division foe.

As for our record against teams with a winning record, keep in mind we had our worst game of the season (Jax) and lost to the Bears, Pats, and Colts (2 SB teams). So we were playing teams with winning records, but the large majority of them were the elite teams with winning records, not 9-7, 10-6 teams.

Also, our games that we lost against the Bears, Pats, and Colts were *very* close, and all of them could have gone either way.

Gang Green
04-12-2007, 06:28 AM
I honestly can see us getting a top 10 draft pick after this season.

jets future
04-12-2007, 12:46 PM
i don't like playing New England first personally

well i think it was like two years ago when buffalo played the pats in the first game, and bills destroyed them but that was the year think the pats won the SB.

but we usually play the pats in the end of the season why it has to be diffrent this season. but three years ago we played them in the 6 th game cus i remebered we both were 5-0.

jets future
04-12-2007, 12:47 PM
I honestly can see us getting a top 10 draft pick after this season.

well you remebered every one kept saying that about last season.
well last seasons schedule was really easy. i think we can win a good 8-10 games. 11 atmost but that will be hard to doo. in order for 11 penny has to turn it up, and thomas jones has to play more than hes worth. and trust me he s worth a lot.

derza222
04-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Also, our games that we lost against the Bears, Pats, and Colts were *very* close, and all of them could have gone either way.

Exactly, same as our loss to the Browns, which based on that call could have gone into overtime. We played every game tough this year except the Jax game, and the Pats playoff game, but even that game we played tough up till the backwards pass issue.

Young Nasty Man
04-12-2007, 07:52 PM
I see us finsihing wtih a solid 9-7, 8-8. We aren't going to be as good as last year because of the difficulty of the schedule. There are a lot of games that are toss ups but we hav ethe upper half of those games. Its going to come down to the last 2-3 games. And it may come down to the one man I would love to pound the **** out of...Herman Edwards...

hcbrad08
04-12-2007, 08:09 PM
In order to make the playoffs I think we're going to have to go 5-1 in the division.. 2 definitely from BUF, 2 from MIA but they always play us better than anyone in the divison regardless of how bad their record is (obv the Pats dominate I'm speaking relatively) and if we need 1 off of NE. Although the schedule is extremely difficult I feel we can win every game unlike in past years where you chalk 2 up to the Pats and a couple of other teams. I really think we'll open up some eyes.

W New England (Home game I think we need this to start off strong)
L at Baltimore (Mangini may figure out McGahee but their D is ridic)
W Miami (Rival after 2 tough gms; not a gimme Mangini will ready them)
W at Buffalo (Lost a lot of people we need 2 off them)
W at NY Giants (we lost last 6 reg sea gms to NYG were due and Eli's gey)
L Philadelphia (I know his status is ? but McNabb in reg season = $)
L at Cincinnati (Great WR group vs okay CBs Palmer = 395)
W Buffalo (They have issues and this is at home no 150 from Mcgahee)
W Washington (Overrated/developing yr at home Moss = hit sticked by Rhodes)
Bye (The one good thing about our schedule is a good placement of the BYE)
W Pittsburgh (No big threat I think Big Ben is going to be shell shocked)
L at Dallas (AT DAL on thanksgiving? Scary but fun/close/we could pull it out)
W at Miami (Tough tough game week 13 and at Miami; pray for this one)
W Cleveland (we'll get them back even if they have AP or BQ or JT)
L at New England (I hope we can win this to spite them but... well NO)
L at Tennessee ( will be improved even without PACMAN Vince is ridic at theend of the season)
W Kansas City (you play to win the game and it will be the headline; we win)

10-6 would be a great year under this schedule: I think it's very possible but we need to play just as good if not better than last year and get contribution from a GOOD 2007 JETS DRAFT CLASS

frogstomp
04-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Some of your reasons are pathetic, such as "Eli is gey", but I could see us going 10-6. I could also see us going 6-10, though. Every game should be a good one to watch, which makes me excited.

hcbrad08
04-12-2007, 08:21 PM
I know some are juvenile but I was trying to keep them to one-liners

for the Giants game: We out match them at
QB
RB
OL
DL
CB
S
LB

also Eli has never played well against disguised defenses and constant and changing blitzing packages. Plus it's just as good as an extra home game (more fans than an away game and no traveling). If Tiki were in the equation I might think the game would be closer however he's not and as of now (Before the draft mind you) we are a better team than they are.

Non_Sequitur
04-13-2007, 06:18 AM
The brightest spot about our schedule is that the Pats and Bills aren't well off either. Not that the Bills or Dolphins are comparible to us or the Pats though. But I like our schedule better than the Pats'.

jetvilma51
04-21-2007, 09:18 PM
one thing i dont like about our schedule, we dont have any monday night games