PDA

View Full Version : what is our plan for addressing WR?

GiantRutgersFan
04-11-2007, 08:19 PM
The pickings are slim out there in F/A. Heres a list of guys who might be able to contribute if we got them.

Antonio Bryant
Corey Bradford
DJ Hackett
Keenan McCardell
Eric Moulds
Travis Taylor

And thats about it. I am thinking that we should make a move for Moulds. bring him in for a year as an insurance policy so we dont have to draft a WR early this year. Cause Toomer cant be counted on for the early season imo

I would enjoy our draft being something like

1. Poz
2. McCauley
3. Weddle

possibly slipping in an OT or DT or something if the value is right.

Any of these guys peak your interest, or think we should draft someone, or nothing at all?

Damix
04-11-2007, 08:28 PM
2nd round if a big name drops, 3rd round if not.

Bryant if he comes on a 1 year incentive contract

LTgiants
04-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Hackett received a second-round tender and will make $1.3 million next season.

i dont see us getting hackett any time soon

ricky bobby
04-11-2007, 09:07 PM
I don't think we'll be spending two first day picks on the secondary. Top 4 needs.

Tier 1
CB, WR, OT, OLB - It's anybody's guess as to what order we address these needs in

Tier 2
DT, TE

Tier 3
FS, RB,

Tier 4
PK, FB

So to answer the question at hand. We need to take one in rounds 1-4. Mike Walker and Laurent Robinson would be complete steals in round 4. They are great players but will drop due to the depth of the WR position. Look for CB, OT, and OLB on day one.

hugegmenfan
04-11-2007, 09:13 PM
I don't think we'll be spending two first day picks on the secondary. Top 4 needs.

Tier 1
CB, WR, OT, OLB - It's anybody's guess as to what order we address these needs in

Tier 2
DT, TE

Tier 3
FS, RB,

Tier 4
PK, FB

So to answer the question at hand. We need to take one in rounds 1-4. Mike Walker and Laurent Robinson would be complete steals in round 4. They are great players but will drop due to the depth of the WR position. Look for CB, OT, and OLB on day one.

I agree somewhat: my tiers and in order
1. CB, OLB, OT (only levi brown though), WR
2. DT, HB
3. PK, TE
4. FB

I just switched it around a little bit. I think WR in the 3rd round is a must. if a big name like jarrett falls to us 2nd round we have to bite

GiantRutgersFan
04-11-2007, 09:14 PM
^idk how big a need OT is if we dont address it early. Anyone selected after our second round pick wouldnt be starting for us next year. that area depends on Whimper I suppose. if there is an injury Suebert can play tackle and Reugemer can play guard. Not ideal at all though.

not really sure what you mean by the whole tier thing, but we just need a rotational DT and a backup TE. those can still be addressed through minor F/A moves or late in the draft

I doubt we take a CB and Safety on the first day, but its not entirely impossible and I was just kind of saying how i wanted it to go down. Weddle probably wont be available in the 3rd anyways

But since this is about WR, I want a WR and if we dont sign a free agent, I want a WR in the second or 3rd depending on the board

ricky bobby
04-11-2007, 09:18 PM
^idk how big a need OT is if we dont address it early. Anyone selected after our second round pick wouldnt be starting for us next year. that area depends on Whimper I suppose. if there is an injury Suebert can play tackle and Reugemer can play guard. Not ideal at all though.

not really sure what you mean by the whole tier thing, but we just need a rotational DT and a backup TE. those can still be addressed through minor F/A moves or late in the draft

I doubt we take a CB and Safety on the first day, but its not entirely impossible and I was just kind of saying how i wanted it to go down. Weddle probably wont be available in the 3rd anyways

For DT - Laron Harris, Walter Thomas, or Stanley Doughty in round 5
For TE - Kevin Boss, Michael Allen in round 6

GiantRutgersFan
04-11-2007, 09:32 PM
^yea. I like all those guys. Joe Newton is another option. He's like 6 feet 8 and a huge redzone threat. He's a decent blocker and has good hands.

ricky bobby
04-11-2007, 09:33 PM
^yea. I like all those guys. Joe Newton is another option. He's like 6 feet 8 and a huge redzone threat. He's a decent blocker and has good hands.

Oh and Matt Spaeth. Arguably the best blocking TE in the draft.

Number 10
04-11-2007, 10:24 PM
My plan is still Ted Ginn in the 1st.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-12-2007, 10:40 AM
I got the impression we will run with Mix, Jennings, Moss, and Tyree and perhaps a draft pick or street FA and let the kids play. That was the impression i got from Reese in one his quotes.

BaLLiN
04-12-2007, 10:49 AM
I like Aundrae Allison, Jason Hill, Steve Smith and Mike Walker as mid rounder picks. Can we use a pick for the rights to possibly acquire Jeff Samardzija in the future?

scottyboy
04-12-2007, 11:15 AM
I like Aundrae Allison, Jason Hill, Steve Smith and Mike Walker as mid rounder picks. Can we use a pick for the rights to possibly acquire Jeff Samardzija in the future?

yea, we could still pick Jeff, but its really a waste. Better off getting someone who we know will play and a kid who will really work his a$$ off to make the team

OSUGiants17
04-12-2007, 05:21 PM
My plan is still Ted Ginn in the 1st.
I would love to see that happen.
________
BONDAGE MODEL (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/395/model/videos/1)

Jughead10
04-13-2007, 07:50 AM
We had Charles Rogers in for a visist. UGH!