PDA

View Full Version : How would you classify your team

Bobertchin
07-23-2006, 01:18 PM
This poll is to see what people think about their own team. The results will tell us more about our optimism than any specific team, since I haven't listed any. In other words, I am curious how many of us have high (perhaps unreasonable?) expectations for our teams.

Shane P. Hallam
07-23-2006, 01:22 PM
Steeler for me is between staying the same or declining a bit. I'll go with staying the same.

07-23-2006, 01:23 PM
About the same/improved a little

Staubach12
07-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Dallas is getting a bit better. Problably a playoff team.

Twiddler
07-23-2006, 01:24 PM
In between improving a bit and improving a lot for the Packers IMO.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
07-23-2006, 01:31 PM
For the Broncos, we're probly declining a bit. We still should make the playoffs, maybe even win the division, but I don't think we'll be better, or stay the same even.

Jensen
07-23-2006, 01:33 PM
I think the Cardinals are improving a bit.

bearsfan_51
07-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Bears will be better next year. Maybe not in the records but they'll be a better team with increased experience for a lot of players and more depth.

Hawk
07-23-2006, 01:42 PM
For the Broncos, we're probly declining a bit. We still should make the playoffs, maybe even win the division, but I don't think we'll be better, or stay the same even.

Nice avi, :D

I'd say the Packers are improving a lil bit

jackalope
07-23-2006, 01:42 PM
In between improving a bit and improving a lot for the Packers IMO.agreed. i said improving a bit.

smittyjs
07-23-2006, 01:46 PM
:D Improving a bit, but it still= a top 10 pick in the next years draft :(

M.O.T.H.
07-23-2006, 01:49 PM

As of right now, who do you want starting week 1 for your Titans? Volek or Young?

07-23-2006, 01:50 PM
Improving alot

Ho0k Em'
In between improving a bit and improving a lot for the Packers IMO.agreed. i said improving a bit.

I don't see you you guys improving alot. I think it's about the same, but maybe i'm missing something?

Shane P. Hallam
It's pretty obvious it will be Volek. I'd be surprised if anyone wants Young to start Week 1...

cunningham06
Ha I find it amusing that one person chose declining a bit. This just shows you that almost no fans will admit that their team is on the decline.

elway777
07-23-2006, 01:52 PM
broncos are pretty much the same

M.O.T.H.
07-23-2006, 01:54 PM
Ha I find it amusing that one person chose declining a bit. This just shows you that almost no fans will admit that their team is on the decline.

well, look at the teams for the people that have voted. None have really declined.

cunningham06
07-23-2006, 01:56 PM

well, look at the teams for the people that have voted. None have really declined.

Good point, but if any Pats fans or Colts or Chiefs fans get on this topic, the polls ought to change.

Stufazz
07-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Packers - Improving a bit

Shane P. Hallam
07-23-2006, 01:59 PM
It's hard to say any team is declining. They all drafted good people and got better somewhere until guys bust. Maybe the Colts, yeah. Seahawks perhaps could go down, teams with a big FA that left?

M.O.T.H.
07-23-2006, 01:59 PM
declining teams: Colts, Jacksonville, Patriots, Chiefs, Chargers, Bills, and maybe the Steelers.

America
07-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Ravens are staying the same, maybe improving a little bit, but most likely staying the same.

Texans have improved a lot.

cunningham06
07-23-2006, 02:00 PM
It's hard to say any team is declining. They all drafted good people and got better somewhere until guys bust. Maybe the Colts, yeah. Seahawks perhaps could go down, teams with a big FA that left?

Yea right now just about everyone is painfully optomistic, myself included.

M.O.T.H.
07-23-2006, 02:01 PM
It's pretty obvious it will be Volek. I'd be surprised if anyone wants Young to start Week 1...

Well yeah Volek would be the obvious choice but, i wanted to see what a titans fan would rather see.

haccess
07-23-2006, 02:36 PM
Carolina improving a bit; had a pretty good offseason. Kris Jenkins will be healthy again, Adam Meadows possibly coming back, and even talk of Mark Fields wanting to return.

Key pickups:
LB Keith Adams (Philadelphia); C Justin Hartwig (Tennessee); WR Keyshawn Johnson (Dallas); DT Ma'ake Kemoeatu (Baltimore); DT Damione Lewis (St. Louis); CB Richard Marshall (2nd-round pick); RB D'Angelo Williams (1st-round pick); SS Shaun Williams (N.Y. Giants)

Key losses:
DT Brentson Buckner; LB Will Witherspoon; S Marlon McCree; CB Ricky Manning Jr.; LB Brandon Short

RCAChainGang
07-23-2006, 02:45 PM
I said that the colts were declining a bit cause with addai i think we will still have a run game but not as good as the run game we had with edgerrin

07-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Tampa had a young team last year and so we are much more experienced.

Why we are improving:
1. Chris Simms has much more experienced, spent offseason preparing as team's unquestioned leader on offense.

2. Michael Clayton is coming back healthy (or so we think). He should make an impact. Galloway didn't produce at end of season because he was gettting double teams. Clayton should help him our passing game.

3. Young players stepping up: Will Allen FS, Anthony Bryant NT, Dewayne White DE, Barrett Ruud, and rookies Alan Zemaitis CB/NB, Davin Joseph G.

4. Our OL can't be worse, it was that bad.

5. Mahan will play at more natural position, C than at RG.

Why we could be declining:
1. Our defense is getting old, but they haven't shown signs of their age...yet.

2. Can Kenyatta Walker and Anthony Davis improve? They were bad last year, but like I said I think they can only get better, but how much.

Twiddler
07-23-2006, 03:26 PM

I don't see you you guys improving alot. I think it's about the same, but maybe i'm missing something?

Add in players like AJ Hawk, Charles Woodson, Ryan Pickett, Marquand Manuel and also Abdul Hodge and I think that would make a considerable improvement alone. Now the offensive improvement is much weaker and is more based on the future with the addition of Daryn Colledge and Jason Spitz for the OL while getting Greg Jennings for the WR corps. So maybe it's not the biggest improvement as a whole but it is definitely there.

The Unseen
07-23-2006, 03:28 PM
Option #4

Denver Bronco99
07-23-2006, 03:52 PM
Broncos

we are getting better and not by a bit...but not only did we bring in youth and have youth at the skill positions we have the players to win now...and in 5 years we have set it up so we still have youth...drafting a QB for us not only added some pressuer on jake to play better...but it locked our future.

we have gotten better no by bringin in walker and adding depth on the Dline, but we have also gotten better in the long run with young talented WR and Cutler

TitleTown088
07-23-2006, 04:23 PM
Packers - Improving a bit

I agree a bit, but mostly on defense.

CraigNall4MVP
07-23-2006, 04:28 PM
bills has inproved alot, criag nal is qb for them now

07-23-2006, 04:33 PM

I think your kidding but I cant be quite sure.

Hawks, Sox and Bears o my
07-23-2006, 04:55 PM
declining teams: Colts, Jacksonville, Patriots, Chiefs, Chargers, Bills, and maybe the Steelers.

Bills declining :lol:

07-23-2006, 04:57 PM

You don't make as many defensive draft picks (all good ones, even though they reaches in 1st round) and get worse.

All they need is a freaking QB. that is it.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
07-23-2006, 05:00 PM

You look familiar :wink:

I know who you are, but I think we should keep on the hush-hush about it. So let's shut up now. or just me. Whatever.

07-23-2006, 05:11 PM
The Saints are improving a bit on offense. The skill positions will be improved a lot, however the offensive line is very questionable. The defense may have improved a LITTLE bit, but nowhere near enough to get us to the playoffs.

GB12
07-23-2006, 05:14 PM

No they signed him he was #3 in Green Bay I kind of liked him but thanks to this guy I hate him. and btw Its Nall

07-23-2006, 05:19 PM

No they signed him he was #3 in Green Bay I kind of liked him but thanks to this guy I hate him. and btw Its Nall

Craig Nall will end up being #3 on the Bills depth chart...

1 - Holcomb
2 - Losman
3 - Nall

HawkeyeFan
07-23-2006, 05:36 PM
Rams improved alot this offseason on Paper. Now lets see if we can take it to the field.

Maddog4977
07-23-2006, 05:44 PM
49ers are on the upswing and will make big strides in the next few season.

smittyjs
07-23-2006, 06:03 PM

As of right now, who do you want starting week 1 for your Titans? Volek or Young?

Week 1 Volek
Week 13 Dec 10 @ Houston Young(If he is Ready)

yodabear
07-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Improoving a lot. Got rid of Martz, picked up a solid backup QB in Ferotte, who was the QB from the Dolphins last year-which was a big reason for the disappointment last season. And we picked up guys to improove all the aspects of our ****** defense. Picked up La'Roi Glover to improove our DL, picked up Will Witherspoon for our linebackers, drafted Tye Hill who will be a stud for cornerback, and though he may be old and not as good as Archy, but I wasn't a big fan of Archy, we added Chavous. So we improoved a lot.

ninerfan
07-23-2006, 08:48 PM

Can we go down any further?

thetedginnshow
07-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Well for the Seahawks, they're on the border between being about the same and improving a bit. There are several key positions that are declining due to age, yet certain positions (well, basically the defense in general) that are on the incline due to... well, age.

M.O.T.H.
07-23-2006, 08:57 PM

You don't make as many defensive draft picks (all good ones, even though they reaches in 1st round) and get worse.

All they need is a freaking QB. that is it.

Okay, look at the players they lost, Erik Moulds, Sam Adams, Lawyer Milloy, and Mark Campbell. The players they replaced, they replaced with lesser quality players or rookies. I think when you look at what they lost (3 pro bowl caliber players) and what they added, they are actually on a slight decline from last year. For the future, yeah they will be improved but, from last year to this year they are a little worse. They lost a great deal of experience and in turn may be taking a step backward from last year to this year, when it comes to the 06-07 season.

2005 Bills > 2006 Bills

yodabear
07-23-2006, 09:14 PM

Can we go down any further?

3-13, 2-14, 1-15, or 0-16.

My Rams aren't gonna feel sorry for u this year and give u two wins.

Bearsfan123
07-23-2006, 09:22 PM
Bears: Improving a bit

I know sounds crazy since they didnt add any offensive weapons but hear me out. It is their second year in the offensive system therefore making it more along the lines of a natural response instead of a thinking process. Grossman is coming back- again. Griese was added for depth. Bradley, and Currie return to health. The O-line is still in one piece, (although thin). The defense added depth on all three planes, (d-line, Lb, and secondary)

A big loss was the D-Backs coach tho.

Shiver
07-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Falcons improved alot this offseason on Paper. Hopefully they can take it on to the field.

slightlyaraiderfan
07-23-2006, 10:02 PM
It will be very hard for the Raiders to win less than 4 games. Shell is changing the mentality of the Raiders, so i'm going to say they'll improve.