Lucas & Gamble
O'Neal & James
Harris & Woodson
Hall & Williams
Bailey & Foxworth
Other

dukies9101
07-24-2006, 06:35 PM
your poll doesn't work for me. But if i had to pick one i personally would choose Law and Surtain because Surtain is still a beast, Law only has to be the number 2 cornerback and they are Chiefs.

moc182
07-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Lucas/Gamble. I also like the Cowboys corners alot, but they weren't listed.

cunningham06
07-24-2006, 06:37 PM
your poll doesn't work for me. But if i had to pick one i personally would choose Law and Surtain because Surtain is still a beast, Law only has to be the number 2 cornerback and they are Chiefs.

No way they are better than Gamble and Ken Lucas. Remember that Gamble was the #1 in Carolina before Lucas came. Both are great cornerbacks, and both are in the top 10, or at least top 15 best cornerbacks in the NFL. Both are on par with Surtain, but Law is nowhere near the CB he used to be.

Surtain & Law
07-24-2006, 06:37 PM

i dont think theres a number 2 i think theres more of a left corner cause there both on the field at the same time

also i think Law will play Right Corner and Surtain will play left

Surtain & Law
07-24-2006, 06:38 PM

No way they are better than Gamble and Ken Lucas. Remember that Gamble was the #1 in Carolina before Lucas came. Both are great cornerbacks, and both are in the top 10, or at least top 15 best cornerbacks in the NFL. Both are on par with Surtain, but Law is nowhere near the CB he used to be.he led the NFL in INTS

07-24-2006, 06:39 PM

No way they are better than Gamble and Ken Lucas. Remember that Gamble was the #1 in Carolina before Lucas came. Both are great cornerbacks, and both are in the top 10, or at least top 15 best cornerbacks in the NFL. Both are on par with Surtain, but Law is nowhere near the CB he used to be.he led the NFL in INTS

cuz teams picked on him all the time.

Surtain & Law
07-24-2006, 06:39 PM

AND HE MADE THEM PAY FOR IT

07-24-2006, 06:41 PM

he definitely wont do that again this year. you probably wouldnt even be talking about him if he wasnt on the chiefs

cunningham06

Also in penalties. He can't cover a WR without holding him or interfering with him. Most of his picks last season were gifts, he didn't steal many away from WR's. He's not bad, when an opportunity comes, he doesn't mess up, I'm just saying he doesn't make opportunities to take the ball away like he used to. I doubt he will get more than 5 if that this season.

Surtain & Law

he definitely wont do that again this year. you probably wouldnt even be talking about him if he wasnt on the chiefs

no way Law is a beast come on. and Surtain is my top 5 CB in the NFL now

Surtain & Law
07-24-2006, 06:42 PM

Also in penalties. He can't cover a WR without holding him or interfering with him. Most of his picks last season were gifts, he didn't steal many away from WR's. He's not bad, when an opportunity comes, he doesn't mess up, I'm just saying he doesn't make opportunities to take the ball away like he used to. I doubt he will get more than 5 if that this season. you will see

cunningham06
07-24-2006, 06:43 PM

no way Law is a beast come on. and Surtain is my top 5 CB in the NFL now

How much did you watch him play last season?

slightlyaraiderfan
07-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Can't wait till Moss burn Surtain/Law. mmm

Shane P. Hallam
07-24-2006, 06:45 PM
Lol, I think Surtain and Law will be fine, but Gamble and Lucas just make a nasty pair.

bearsfan_51
07-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Stop being a homer. You only created this poll to get people to vote for Surtain and Law. Now that people aren't you're bitching about it. They are a nice duo, maybe top 5, but definately not the best. Now if this was 2001.....

Surtain & Law
07-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Can't wait till Moss burns Surtain/Law. mmm

i cant wait till the raiders trade moss
but if he stays will make him pay

Paranoidmoonduck
07-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Ty Law had 11 penalties last year, 8 of them being interference calls. For reference, the entire Seattle Seahawks secondary had a total of 17 penalties last year. His interceptions came at unimportant times (week 17, 3 against Buffalo) and almost all of the were gimmee's.

I went for Rolle and McAlister because I'm not too crazy about Gamble.

Surtain & Law
07-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Stop being a homer. You only created this poll to get people to vote for Surtain and Law. Now that people aren't you're bitching about it. They are a nice duo, maybe top 5, but definately not the best. Now if this was 2001.....
im not bitching im say my oppion

slightlyaraiderfan
07-24-2006, 06:48 PM

That almost makes sense, but no.

Surtain & Law
07-24-2006, 06:49 PM

:roll: That almost makes sense, but no.
he ask to be trade to the falcons but they didnt want him
he said also ravens was and option
-last year

Shane P. Hallam
07-24-2006, 06:50 PM
What does that have to do with anything? TO wanted to be on the Falcons too but he isn't. It's not like Moss is going anywhere...

But he didnt gt traded there, so now you get the pleasure of watching him burn you 2x a year.

cunningham06
Ty Law had 11 penalties last year, 8 of them being interference calls. For reference, the entire Seattle Seahawks secondary had a total of 17 penalties last year. His interceptions came at unimportant times (week 17, 3 against Buffalo) and almost all of the were gimmee's.

I also really like that duo, but McCalisters play dropped off quite a bit last season, but if he can return to form, their tandem dominates all.

Surtain & Law
07-24-2006, 06:51 PM

But he didnt gt traded there, so now you get the pleasure of watching him burn you 2x a year.
dont be shock if he does get traded

slightlyaraiderfan

-last year
Asked to be traded? Kid, don't make crap up.

Surtain & Law

I also really like that duo, but McCalisters play dropped off quite a bit last season, but if he can return to form, their tandem dominates all.
was'nt he hurt?

Whatever you say. :roll:

Surtain & Law
07-24-2006, 06:52 PM

-last year
Asked to be traded? Kid, don't make crap up.
by bad 2 yrs ago not last year

cunningham06
07-24-2006, 06:53 PM

If you say so... Wait a minute, isn't he easily the best player on their offense? I think so, and if that is the case I would hold onto him, and definitely not trade him. When he was healthy he made Kerry Collins look good, and thats quite an achievement.

Shiver
07-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Law and Surtain would only be considered a top-combo back in '03.

Surtain & Law
07-24-2006, 06:57 PM
we will see

Go_Eagles77
07-24-2006, 06:58 PM
Why aren't Lito Sheppard & Sheldon Brown on this? I'm not saying that they are the best in the NFL but they should definately be on the poll. They're at least better than Hall and Williams. (Williams hasn't played a single down in the NFL).

Surtain & Law
07-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Why aren't Lito Sheppard & Sheldon Brown on this? I'm not saying that they are the best in the NFL but they should definately be on the poll. They're at least better than Hall and Williams. (Williams hasn't played a single down in the NFL).
eagles and the cowboys both should have been on there but as soon as i post it so one comment sorry

cunningham06
07-24-2006, 07:01 PM

They should be on the poll, but they definitely aren't the best considering how badly Lito blew last season.

yourfavestoner
07-24-2006, 07:01 PM
The idea of Law and Surtain being mentioned in the league's top cornerback tandems is absolutely laughable. Surtain played second fiddle to Sam Madison his entire career, then after he was traded to Kansas City, he got absolutely abused.

The signing of Law was one of the worst moves the Chiefs front office could have made. Did Herman Edwards not learn anything from when he was with the Jets? He's an old, stop-gap player, who left the Jets with a $3 million dead money cap hit. However, the Chiefs' salary cap situation is such a mess already, that it probably won't matter much. It's just another nail in the coffin. Yes, we know he led the league in picks last season, but being able to catch the ball when it's thrown at you doesn't make you a good corner. Just ask Bengal fans. Law is a physical corner who has fallen victim to the chuck rule emphasis. The time when he can be an effective cover corner has come and gone. He needs to move to safety.

Shiver
07-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard should be listed over Deltha O'Neal/Tory James combo.

cunningham06
07-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard should be listed over Deltha O'Neal/Tory James combo.

Yes, and I am curious as to who voted for them?

Surtain & Law
07-24-2006, 07:04 PM
The idea of Law and Surtain being mentioned in the league's top cornerback tandems is absolutely laughable. Surtain played second fiddle to Sam Madison his entire career, then after he was traded to Kansas City, he got absolutely abused.

The signing of Law was one of the worst moves the Chiefs front office could have made. Did Herman Edwards not learn anything from when he was with the Jets? He's an old, stop-gap player, who left the Jets with a $3 million dead money cap hit. However, the Chiefs' salary cap situation is such a mess already, that it probably won't matter much. It's just another nail in the coffin. Yes, we know he led the league in picks last season, but being able to catch the ball when it's thrown at you doesn't make you a good corner. Just ask Bengal fans. Law is a physical corner who has fallen victim to the chuck rule emphasis. The time when he can be an effective cover corner has come and gone. He needs to move to safety.
:roll:

Shiver
07-24-2006, 07:05 PM
He (Ty Law) needs to move to safety.

Bingo

yourfavestoner
07-24-2006, 07:06 PM

:roll:

What an effective argument you made.

Canadian_kid16
07-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Barber and Kelly

Go_Eagles77
07-24-2006, 07:08 PM

There's no way anybody other than a Bengals fan voted for them.

07-24-2006, 07:19 PM
this is lucas and gamble for sure. but in a few years it will be williams and hall

Staubach12
07-24-2006, 07:25 PM

Yeah, they did alright. They did a good job with picks, though. 15 between the 2 of them.

Go_Eagles77
07-24-2006, 07:29 PM

Yeah, they did alright. They did a good job with picks, though. 15 between the 2 of them.

That's true.

bearsfan_51
07-24-2006, 07:32 PM
we will see
Actually "we" probably won't see. But keep on making asinine comments, it's fun.

LTgiants
07-24-2006, 07:37 PM
Sam Madison And Corey Webster :lol:

draftguru151
07-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Just make his title homer now. This is terrible. I bet his kid didn't watch Law play a down last season. Ask any Jets fan how horrible he was. I don't even know why I'm posting because this kid obviously hasn't read what everyone else has said.

For the topic, it's easily Gamble and Lucas. Lucas is probably the best pure cover corner in the NFL and Gamble is very good.

Also about Surtain, he always covered the #2 guy in Miami. He always got the ball thrown to him because no one ever, and I mean ever threw at Sam Madison. He is still a very good player though. Law on the other hand...

President
07-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Lucas/Gamble

Ho0k Em'
07-24-2006, 08:12 PM

That almost makes sense, but no.

I could give 2 shits if Moss burns us all day because the only thing that's going to matter is how bad we beat you on the score board.

yourfavestoner
07-24-2006, 08:28 PM
Just make his title homer now. This is terrible. I bet his kid didn't watch Law play a down last season. Ask any Jets fan how horrible he was. I don't even know why I'm posting because this kid obviously hasn't read what everyone else has said.

For the topic, it's easily Gamble and Lucas. Lucas is probably the best pure cover corner in the NFL and Gamble is very good.

Also about Surtain, he always covered the #2 guy in Miami. He always got the ball thrown to him because no one ever, and I mean ever threw at Sam Madison. He is still a very good player though. Law on the other hand...

That was the point I made about Surtain. The guy played second fiddle to Madison while in Miami and was exposed last year in Kansas City. My best friend is a Chiefs fan, so I actually watch the Chiefs play quite a bit. It wasn't pretty.

Splat
07-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Lucas & Gamble is tuff to beat.

smittyjs
07-24-2006, 08:39 PM
Lucas & Gamble
then
McAlister & Roll

smittyjs
07-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Yeah

ruthlessrussian
07-24-2006, 08:46 PM
Of course its Lucas and Gamble(sounds like a law firm). Law and surtain are good but not quite as good as the other 2. A couple of years ago it would have been amazing, but dont be shocked if they burnt often, especially deep.

ruthlessrussian
07-24-2006, 08:48 PM
Oh and I forgot to plug my boys Clements and Mcgee. Clem is legit and Mcgee is an up-and-comer. They should be on the poll.

Splat
07-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Oh and I forgot to plug my boys Clements and Mcgee. Clem is legit and Mcgee is an up-and-comer. They should be on the poll.

True i'am a big Mcgee fan.

SuperMcGee
07-24-2006, 08:52 PM

True i'am a big Mcgee fan.

not me

SuperMcGee
07-24-2006, 08:56 PM

Regardless of my sarcasm (^^^) and my opinion that Clements is overrated, they really are one of the better tandems in the league

draftguru151
07-24-2006, 09:05 PM
When Smoot isn't a complete bum him and Winfield are one of the top ones, if not the top duo. If Smoot can play like he did in D.C., him he a top 15 CB.

Bearsfan123
07-24-2006, 09:06 PM
I think Vasher and Tillman could be the best tandem, its just Tillman had a down year. But im surprised, I thought Champ and Foxworth would get more votes, its pretty widely thought that Champ is the champ of cbs and i thought Foxworth was pretty damn good....

raiderfan_89
07-24-2006, 09:08 PM
Routt & Washington anh jk,we got a a yr or two for that duo to become top 5,but my choice is Hall & Williams.

SuperMcGee
07-24-2006, 09:13 PM
I think Vasher and Tillman could be the best tandem, its just Tillman had a down year. But im surprised, I thought Champ and Foxworth would get more votes, its pretty widely thought that Champ is the champ of cbs and i thought Foxworth was pretty damn good....

Id say Vasher and Tillman have quite a bit of work to do before they can be considered the best tandem

07-24-2006, 09:21 PM
as much as i want to say GB's got it, you have to say lucas/gamble

draftguru151
07-24-2006, 09:25 PM
as much as i want to say GB's got it, you have to say lucas/gamble

:?

Smooth Criminal
07-24-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm going Lucas and Gamble. A great combo there.

Shane P. Hallam
07-24-2006, 09:34 PM
It's nice to see an OSU guy in the best duo :)

SuperMcGee
07-24-2006, 09:37 PM
It's nice to see an OSU guy in the best duo :)

Two years ago the best duo was two OSU guys

Shiver
07-24-2006, 09:38 PM
Not sold on Chris Gamble as a cover corner, although he does make interceptions. However, that is off-set, because they have the best corner in the game right now in Ken Lucas.

Smooth Criminal
07-24-2006, 09:41 PM

He wonn't be traded. He's their entire offense. Plus teams won't pay much for him since people are questioning him after his dropoff of last season.

But you don't have to worry about him burning you because they signed Brooks.

CGF 216/137
07-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard should atleast be on the list.

DHVF
07-24-2006, 10:13 PM
For me:

1. Gamble and Lucas
2. Harris and Woodson
3. McCalister and Rolle

rainbeaukid2
07-24-2006, 10:15 PM
For me:

1. Gamble and Lucas
2. Harris and Woodson
3. McCalister and Rolle

i agree with you on the second and third ones but i think that sheldon brown and lito sheppard are the best or can be the best.

Jonathan_VIlma
07-24-2006, 10:28 PM
Law is so overrated. Coming from someone who watched him all season long, he had a bunch of penalties, and he struggling tackling all season long. Most of his picks were Deltha O'Neal like interceptions. He made a good play on the ball in KC, which is probably why everyone's overrating him in KC.

The best CB combo is Gamble and Lucas in Carolina. It's scary to think that they have Rucker and Peppers rushing with those two covering.

HawkeyeFan
07-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Ronde Barber and Brian Kelley

draftguru151
07-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Travis Daniels and Will Allen. (j/k)

cuzifelt1ikeit
07-24-2006, 11:07 PM
i remember these threads from back when the packers got woodson. such homerism is involved. but hey i voted other, i bet you cant geuss for who :wink:

07-24-2006, 11:09 PM
i remember these threads from back when the packers got woodson. such homerism is involved. but hey i voted other, i bet you cant geuss for who :wink:

Winfield and Smoot?

Jensen
07-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Lucas and Gamble.

07-24-2006, 11:15 PM
is this a joke?

raiderfan_89
07-24-2006, 11:16 PM

man you guys sure know your football,Moss came out saying that when he was gonna get traded to the Raiders,when he first got he he wasn't sure about it and angry so he said this,he came out saying he likes it here.

cunningham06
07-24-2006, 11:54 PM
I'm watching NFL Live right now, and the analysts are all talking about Law's great coverage skills, and how he can shut down receivers one one one.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sweetness34
07-25-2006, 12:14 AM
I'd go with Vasher and Tillman (and no I'm not being a homer :lol:)

If I had a choice, I'd go with Lucas and Gamble.

America
07-25-2006, 12:17 AM
1. Lucas Gamble
2. McAlister Rolle
3. Barber Kelly
4. Harris Woodson
5. Bailey Foxworth

Denver Bronco99
07-25-2006, 12:25 AM
1. Lucas Gamble
2. McAlister Rolle
3. Barber Kelly
4. Harris Woodson
5. Bailey Foxworth

williams is a far better player then foxworth...who said he was the starter? williams was the started before being hurt, and is no the starter again.

*he is faster
*better hands
*better playermaker

America
07-25-2006, 12:30 AM
1. Lucas Gamble
2. McAlister Rolle
3. Barber Kelly
4. Harris Woodson
5. Bailey Foxworth

williams is a far better player then foxworth...who said he was the starter? williams was the started before being hurt, and is no the starter again.

*he is faster
*better hands
*better playermaker

Foxworth started 9 games last year counting playoffs, I like Williams better because he's short and fast, but I read he'll be the nickle cause his size can lead to injures and he matches up better against the slot, plus they want to keep him healthy for return duties.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
07-25-2006, 12:43 AM
Lucas and Gamble
Lucas is my favorite CB in the league. he is just an awesome player. he can cover, he can make plays on the ball, and he isn't afraid to lower the boom in run support. all around talent.

Gamble is a very good player in his own right. and does not drop the 2 of them down by any means. he is the best 2nd corner on any team.

them combined makes them #1 for me.

listen to all the Jets fans here who actually watched the games, regardless of how brutal some of them were. LAW isn't the 10 Int guy that u think he is. i hope he does alright, but u will see if u really do watch the games.

07-25-2006, 01:03 AM
wow.....

draftguru151
07-25-2006, 01:07 AM
wow.....

:?

scar988
07-25-2006, 01:26 AM
wow.....

:?he's just mad because his homer ass thinks Barber and Kelly is the best duo just like he thinks Chris Simms will be a 4400 yard passer.

yourfavestoner
07-25-2006, 01:37 AM
wow.....

:?he's just mad because his homer ass thinks Barber and Kelly is the best duo just like he thinks Chris Simms will be a 4400 yard passer.

:lol: Ronde Barber is a product of that system, same as Vasher is now. The guy has never been good in man coverage. He's strictly a zone defender.

XxXdragonXxX
07-25-2006, 02:04 AM
Lucas and Gamble....

I wish it was Lucas and Trufant... :cry:

Modano
07-25-2006, 02:50 AM
Now it's Lucas/Gamble in 2 years will be Hall/Williams

cunningham06
07-25-2006, 02:56 AM
wow.....

:lol: Ronde Barber is a product of that system, same as Vasher is now. The guy has never been good in man coverage. He's strictly a zone defender.

Hey take it easy on my man Ronde, he's not so bad in man coverage. He is fantastic in zone coverage, and that's all he needs to be good at in a Tampa 2. Why is he inferior just because he isn't as good at man coverage? As for what kind of coverage he plays in thats the defenses call, not his. He wouldn't be as good if he went to some other team, but you can bet he would've been pretty darn good. Ronde is better than just a cover corner, Ronde is the total package. He's great in run support, and is a very effective blitzer. Show some respect for Ronde, he is the man, and as of right now is the only cornerback with 20+ picks and 20+ sacks. It is the club that Ronde built. He is excellent, and there is no denying that YA HEARD.

Also Brian Kelly is getting pretty old, even though Ronde is pretty timeless, which is why I don't consider them the best duo.

Caddy
07-25-2006, 03:03 AM
No love for Ronde Barber and Brian Kelly yet you list players like Jimmy Williams who hasnt played a down in the NFL in his life?

The Great Jonathan Vilma
07-25-2006, 10:30 AM
not sure y people bring up the they only play zone arguement......what does that have to do with anything. u play a system, u play it well, who cares about something that u aren't asked to do?? its an irrelevant point to a weak arguement. Ronde is a very solid corner and does a great job for Tampa.

with that said, i still feel Lucas and Gamble are the best

scar988
07-25-2006, 10:52 AM
not sure y people bring up the they only play zone arguement......what does that have to do with anything. u play a system, u play it well, who cares about something that u aren't asked to do?? its an irrelevant point to a weak arguement. Ronde is a very solid corner and does a great job for Tampa.

with that said, i still feel Lucas and Gamble are the bestmy arguement isn't tht they play zone. it's that Brian KElly isn't half of the corner he used to be 2 years ago.

DeathbyStat
07-25-2006, 11:15 AM
WOuld have gone with Rolle and Mcalister but they disapointed last year, Gamble and Lucas is the choice both Law and Surtain are on a downward slope (look at all the times Law was called for pass interference last year) A duo that is on the rise and I'm not being a homer is Ike Taylor and Bryant Mcfadden.

Gribble
07-25-2006, 11:22 AM
Lucas and Gamble.

EHobbs27
07-25-2006, 11:29 AM
I am going to say Ellis Hobbs and Asante Samuel.

jk....I think that it is easily Gamble and Lucas. Both guys are extremely underrated.

yourfavestoner
07-25-2006, 12:14 PM
wow.....

Hey take it easy on my man Ronde, he's not so bad in man coverage. He is fantastic in zone coverage, and that's all he needs to be good at in a Tampa 2. Why is he inferior just because he isn't as good at man coverage? As for what kind of coverage he plays in thats the defenses call, not his. He wouldn't be as good if he went to some other team, but you can bet he would've been pretty darn good. Ronde is better than just a cover corner, Ronde is the total package. He's great in run support, and is a very effective blitzer. Show some respect for Ronde, he is the man, and as of right now is the only cornerback with 20+ picks and 20+ sacks. It is the club that Ronde built. He is excellent, and there is no denying that YA HEARD.

Also Brian Kelly is getting pretty old, even though Ronde is pretty timeless, which is why I don't consider them the best duo.

I'm not bashing on Ronde, and I'm very aware of his run stopping and blitzing skills. The point I was trying to make is that everybody seems so quick to jump on Vasher for being overrated, and for being a strictly zone defender, and for being a product of the system, but Ronde doesn't.

Olandis Gary played in Denver's system and played it well. Does that make him a good running back? No. Same goes with Barber. He plays well in the system he's in because it masks his weaknesses. And he has too many weaknesses to be considered a top corner.

Draft King
07-25-2006, 04:46 PM
As of now I would say Ken Lucas and Chris Gamble, but in 2 years I can pretty much guarantee it's DeAngelo Hall and Jimmy Williams.

07-25-2006, 04:46 PM
As of now I would say Ken Lucas and Chris Gamble, but in 2 years I can pretty much guarantee it's DeAngelo Hall and Jimmy Williams.

i completely agree

PACKmanN
07-25-2006, 07:28 PM
Harris and Woodson :D for only one reason if Woodson becomes heathly again they could be.

bearsfan_51
07-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Jimmy Williams has proven absolutely nothing so far.

scar988
07-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Jimmy Williams has proven absolutely nothing so far.nothing but a great work ethic and that he may unseat Webster as early as camp. oh did I mention that he has promised to be at camp on time?

bearsfan_51
07-25-2006, 07:46 PM
Jimmy Williams has proven absolutely nothing so far.nothing but a great work ethic and that he may unseat Webster as early as camp. oh did I mention that he has promised to be at camp on time?
And every player that shows up to camp on time turns out to be a player great enough to say that they'll be the best corner tandem in the NFL. I'm not even going to argue this with you, it's beyond stupid.

ny10804
07-25-2006, 07:49 PM
And every player that shows up to camp on time turns out to be a player great enough to say that they'll be the best corner tandem in the NFL. I'm not even going to argue this with you, it's beyond stupid.
His point is that he has at least proved something.

scar988
07-25-2006, 07:51 PM
And every player that shows up to camp on time turns out to be a player great enough to say that they'll be the best corner tandem in the NFL. I'm not even going to argue this with you, it's beyond stupid.compared to the last 2 players we had hold out and they got injured and missed the first few games of the season...

scar988
07-25-2006, 07:56 PM
His point is that he has at least proved something.the point is he will be here and will actually be in the games and making an impact his rookie year... which means he will get expireince and in turn will become better, quicker than the players who held out.

Staubach12
07-25-2006, 08:25 PM

D-Hall and Jimmy will be beastly in a few years.

RCAChainGang
07-25-2006, 08:54 PM
I voted Surtain and Law. They both are great corners.

yourfavestoner
07-25-2006, 09:15 PM

What else is he going to say? "I hope I miss part of training camp in a holdout"? Sorry, but almost all rookies say they're going to make it into camp on time.

draftguru151
07-25-2006, 10:10 PM

D-Hall and Jimmy will be beastly in a few years.

I wanted Jimmy. :cry: Jason Allen is bad.

turninandburnin1
07-25-2006, 10:18 PM
im glad to see my Chiefs finally Nabbed Ty Law but at the same time im hesitant to say that Surtain and Law are both overrated. with the new NFL ruling Ty Law is not as good as a corner and with a great 8 picks last year he also brought in 11 penalties. And to compare that the whole Seahawks secondary only got 17.

Also Lucas and Gamble are 2 great corners for the Panthers and Id have to hand the sleeper to the Bengas corners.

07-25-2006, 10:27 PM
i just dont see how you guys dont think Barber and Kelly are the best duo.

07-25-2006, 10:27 PM
wow.....

:?he's just mad because his homer ass thinks Barber and Kelly is the best duo just like he thinks Chris Simms will be a 4400 yard passer.how am i a homer? I just think barber and kelly are the best duo in the league.

and do you know who this is?

draftguru151
07-25-2006, 10:28 PM

:? Maybe because they aren't.

07-25-2006, 10:31 PM

:? Maybe because they aren't.where would you put them then.

Ho0k Em'
07-25-2006, 10:32 PM
I think they are in the Eagles-Vikings range.

07-25-2006, 10:33 PM
I think they are in the Eagles-Vikings range.what?

Ho0k Em'
07-25-2006, 10:36 PM
For me there is the elite level

Panthers
Ravens
Chiefs

Then the second level

Vikings
Eagles
Bucs

07-25-2006, 10:38 PM

Panthers
Ravens
Chiefs

Then the second level

Vikings
Eagles
Bucs :roll:

Ho0k Em'
07-25-2006, 10:44 PM

Panthers
Ravens
Chiefs

Then the second level

Vikings
Eagles
Bucs :roll:

I'll say that Ronde and Kelly are better Cover 2 corners, but in terms of talent the Chiefs have better CB's than the Bucs.

07-25-2006, 10:47 PM
And every player that shows up to camp on time turns out to be a player great enough to say that they'll be the best corner tandem in the NFL. I'm not even going to argue this with you, it's beyond stupid.compared to the last 2 players we had hold out and they got injured and missed the first few games of the season...

Congratulations! You didnt draft a . Do you want a cookie? Coming to camp on time doesnt make you 'elite' or even 'good'.

draftguru151
07-25-2006, 10:48 PM
It does show that he has a dedication to the team and wants to work and get better, which was questioned about him. It's a big deal because it's Williams. Also delete the curse word in your post.

07-25-2006, 10:51 PM
It does show that he has a dedication to the team and wants to work and get better, which was questioned about him. It's a big deal because it's Williams. Also delete the curse word in your post.

Great, so he proved he is a hard worker. That should be a given with any player who isnt a punk or an idiot for misbehaving. Im not saying its not good that he has done these things but it doesnt amount to a hill of beans when discussing the top CB duos.

draftguru151
07-25-2006, 11:50 PM

Great, so he proved he is a hard worker. That should be a given with any player who isnt a punk or an idiot for misbehaving. Im not saying its not good that he has done these things but it doesnt amount to a hill of beans when discussing the top CB duos.

When Williams was a top 15 talent without the character issues it's kind of an issue in this artical.

cunningham06
07-25-2006, 11:52 PM

When Williams was a top 15 talent without the character issues it's kind of an issue in this artical.

He was training very hard last offseason too, since he wanted for a team to pick him up.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
07-26-2006, 01:33 AM
[quote]The Great Jonathan Vilma wrote:

yourfavestoner wrote:
Olandis Gary played in Denver's system and played it well. Does that make him a good running back? No. Same goes with Barber. He plays well in the system he's in because it masks his weaknesses. And he has too many weaknesses to be considered a top corner.[quote]

Orlandis Gary played only 1 season in denver, and any runningback that plays in that system gets it done. u can't say anything similar to that for the discussion we were having......Barber has produced many years, and to say any CB that plays there produces is highly exagerated. maybe had Orlandis Gary played a few more seasons there u could make half an arguement with that, but as of now its very weak and has no substance.

many players are players of the system. THATS Y THEY GET THOSE PLAYERS FOR THE SYSTEM. its not rocket science. why ask someone to do something they don't do as well, thats stupidity. and the coach should be fired. but thats not the case.

i'm not sure how i got stuck sticking up for Ronde Barber, but give the guy a break. u produce the way ur team needs u, and u still get nothing in return. give me a break.

as for Vasher. he makes plays, people can say what they want, but even the critics would take him in a heartbeat.

u can have all the talent in the world, but unless ur in a system that can help u play to ur strengths, u could be lost. and u have to produce in order to be even considered in that "overrated" (the worlds favorite word) class. people always wanna cut people short. that is, until they come to their team.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
07-26-2006, 01:35 AM
also, how did Law & Surtain suddenly get so many votes.....oh thats right, no one watches the NY Jets.

duckseason
07-26-2006, 01:37 AM
also, how did Law & Surtain suddenly get so many votes.....oh thats right, no one watches the NY Jets.

It's also because the poll creator left out some of the top duos, and included some mediocre ones.

America
07-26-2006, 01:38 AM
With all the 3 wideout sets a much better question would be who's got the best nickle package.

scar988
07-26-2006, 09:38 AM
wow.....

:?he's just mad because his homer ass thinks Barber and Kelly is the best duo just like he thinks Chris Simms will be a 4400 yard passer.how am i a homer? I just think barber and kelly are the best duo in the league.

because you can't see that KElly has been average at best the past 2 years and that Baber and Kell are not the best duo in the lague and haven't been in 3-4 years. and that you think Simms will get 4400 yards. and yes I do know who you are (Darko from DFGFX)

07-26-2006, 03:51 PM
wow.....

because you can't see that KElly has been average at best the past 2 years and that Baber and Kell are not the best duo in the lague and haven't been in 3-4 years. and that you think Simms will get 4400 yards. and yes I do know who you are (Darko from DFGFX)I never said Simms will throw for 4400 yards, i said he has the chance to throw that many yards. I didn't say he will.
But i just find it dumb that barber and kelly arent even an option in this poll. (other doesnt count)

07-26-2006, 03:56 PM
did anybody she NFL Total Access last night when Rod Woodson said Ty Law was the #5 DB in the whole NFL
Out of FS - SS - CB thats crazy
1. Troy
2. Champ
3. Hall
4. Reed
5. Law

cunningham06
07-26-2006, 04:03 PM
did anybody she NFL Total Access last night when Rod Woodson said Ty Law was the #5 DB in the whole NFL
1. Troy
2. Champ
3. Hall
4. Reed
5. Law

As crazy as Reed being 4th? He is perhaps the best DB in the NFL, and easily the best saftey. That is insane though. I'd say Ty Law is in about the top 30 DB's.

yourfavestoner
07-26-2006, 09:02 PM
1. Troy
2. Champ
3. Hall
4. Reed
5. Law

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. However, a lot of analysts are reluctant to admit when players are past their prime. They just go with the same old names and faces.