PDA

View Full Version : new mock draft

Im_a_Romosexual
04-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Scott has us taking Jarvis Moss in the 1st, Tony Ugoh in the 2nd and Mason Crosby in the 3rd

UTPATS
04-12-2007, 12:50 PM
There are some other ways I would go, but if we had this draft, I would not be too upset. There is good value at corner in the 4 according to this mock, so that wouldnt be too bad. I think we might need a WR somewhere, but I dont want another crap one!

reigle9
04-12-2007, 02:04 PM
At least he moved Crosby back a round. Not a very flashy Draft, but I wouldn't mind if the first two rounds played out like his mock.

As long as we don't take Ryan Harris, not many scenario's would upset me.

leroyisgod
04-12-2007, 02:39 PM
I just don't like the thought of Crosby in the 3rd. I'd rather us take Medlock later in the draft.

mtmock
04-12-2007, 04:07 PM
we pass on jarrett to take another LB, great in the last 2 years we have spent 3 of 5 picks on lb's, we have ellis still and carp, d ware , burnett, who all play olb. w/ carp most likely on the inside that stil gives us 3 really good players on the outside. scott was dumb to make that call.

leroyisgod
04-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Has Phillips made any statements publicly about Carpenter moving to the inside?

thule
04-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Has Phillips made any statements publicly about Carpenter moving to the inside?

No but the fact that we are interviewing DE/OLB like they are going out of style is a pretty strong sign.

volman88
04-12-2007, 09:24 PM
I would hate this draft, i don't like moss, and despise ugoh.

FinChase
04-12-2007, 09:29 PM
I wouldn't be upset with Moss in the first; our pass rush let us down last year. Ugoh would be good in the second, although it would be hard to pass on Sidney Rice. Also, he has us missing out on Tyler by one pick! And I will smash something if we draft Crosby on the first day! If the Cowboys are interested in him then they should win some kind of award for putting up a terrific smoke screen.

DallCowby1
04-12-2007, 11:12 PM
I'm thinking CB for the 1st pick. Based on age & injury concerns.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-12-2007, 11:21 PM
I wouldn't be upset with Moss in the first; our pass rush let us down last year. Ugoh would be good in the second, although it would be hard to pass on Sidney Rice. Also, he has us missing out on Tyler by one pick! And I will smash something if we draft Crosby on the first day! If the Cowboys are interested in him then they should win some kind of award for putting up a terrific smoke screen.

I agree totally. Untill we know for sure, I think it is wise to act like Ellis wont be back 100% And I like Burnett, but I think there will be plenty of opportunities for him to show he should start.

I would much rather get a wr or a cb in the third than a kicker!

fryman
04-12-2007, 11:28 PM
I don't like the Moss or Crosby picks, but the Ugoh pick is alright. I would rather wait and pick up somebody like Woodley or Barnes, than take Moss in the first round.

At least he didn't give us Gonzalez in the second, like almost everybody else is.

FinChase
04-13-2007, 08:57 AM
One thing Scott got right: In the first round he acknowledged that we had a done a good job in FA filling our needs, and that the Cowboys were one of the hardest teams to project this year. I've been thinking the same thing for quite awhile. We could go any direction except probably QB in the first round!

leroyisgod
04-13-2007, 09:40 AM
No but the fact that we are interviewing DE/OLB like they are going out of style is a pretty strong sign.

I really don't see that as a strong sign, but rather just looking at all the options. I still feel that we don't have adequate good depth at OLB. Right now we have Carpenter and I like him. Burnett is a back-up, but he's not a 3-4 OLB. He's a solid Nickel LB and I could even see him eventually moving inside as well. He's a little undersized for an ILB, but keep in mind Phillips had success with Donnie Edwards on the inside. It would be interesting to see if has the same thoughts about Burnett.

Macarthur
04-13-2007, 01:52 PM
I would like Moss and I love Ugoh. I think Ugoh is going to be a stud.

He's bound and determined to give us Mason Crosby. I hate the pick.

Here's one twist, I would like a WR in 2 and Take Free in the 3rd. If we stayed with the Ugoh pick, I think we have to grab WR in the 3rd.