PDA

View Full Version : Scott's Mock Draft Discussion

tucaaron
04-12-2007, 02:45 PM
in the new mock they have yus getting:Brandon meriweather-s-miami,David Harris-mlb-michigan,& tony hunt-rb-penn st in the first 3 rounds.personaly,if this happens it would be a great draft 4 the eagles

DowntownReggieBrown
04-12-2007, 03:01 PM
aside from the fact that I dont think theres a chance in hell that andy would take Merriweather..... sure, GREAT!

LitoSheppard
04-12-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm not sure why the Eagles would take Meriwether over Griffin..and Buster Davis would be wayyyy better in the 2nd..and the 3rd i don't want offense..i want defense...so I really only think the first is a decent pick..cause i do like Meriwether

jonbrodo17
04-12-2007, 03:34 PM
there is some chance they would take meriweather, but you are right, probably not and i think it would be an OK draft, if Jamal Anderson fell that far down i would love to trade up and steal him

Green Kool Aid
04-12-2007, 06:45 PM
It just goes to show how people form out of town never get the local way of doing things. The Eagles will never draft a guy with character issues, especially one who gets in fights and kicks players in the head. Could you imagine the headlines in Philly?

I think this was Scott's "crazy" mock for some attention. He'll fix it before the draft. Why did Jamaal Anderson fall so much? I don't think Brady Quinn will get past Minnesota.

I also think that the Eagles would pick Sidney Rice, Quentin Moses, or Daymieon Hughes in the second over David Harris.

I think the third pick is fine, but that would mean that Ryan Moats probably gets cut. I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

jonbrodo17
04-13-2007, 04:25 PM
It just goes to show how people form out of town never get the local way of doing things. The Eagles will never draft a guy with character issues, especially one who gets in fights and kicks players in the head. Could you imagine the headlines in Philly?

I think this was Scott's "crazy" mock for some attention. He'll fix it before the draft. Why did Jamaal Anderson fall so much? I don't think Brady Quinn will get past Minnesota.

I also think that the Eagles would pick Sidney Rice, Quentin Moses, or Daymieon Hughes in the second over David Harris.

I think the third pick is fine, but that would mean that Ryan Moats probably gets cut. I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

I get the Inquirer and Daily News, the first couple of days there would be big headlines, but i don't really understand why they wouldn't pick meriweather cuz the newspapers would hate him. I can't directly quote it but he did an espn interview on the draft edition and he said that he would discuss his issues with teams and he's going to try and change. I think the fans would love meriweather

Green Kool Aid
04-14-2007, 08:07 AM
there is some chance they would take meriweather, but you are right, probably not and i think it would be an OK draft, if Jamal Anderson fell that far down i would love to trade up and steal him

I don't know why Anderson is slipping all of a sudden, but if he fell like this (which he won't, at least not without a good reason that would make you think twice about picking him), then the Eagles would trade up in a heartbeat.

eaglesalltheway
04-15-2007, 09:47 AM
I like this mock for the most part. I would be happy with those picks, but I would prefer Griffin over Meriweather and I would prefer not to get a Trotter clone, only not as good. I don't like Harris. Hunt is a good pick though.

bsaza2358
04-16-2007, 09:22 AM
Scott has to balance his assessment of team needs, the management philosophy, and he also doesn't predict trades. When you are constrained like that, it makes the actual predictions much more difficult. I rarely see mock drafts that end up being more than 50% accurate, even in the first round. Players start to jump and slide. Scott can't account for that 2 weeks out, but he can do his best based on scouting, hot/cold lists, and educated guesses. Same goes for any mock drafter.

bsaza2358
04-16-2007, 09:24 AM
As for my actual happiness with the Eagles mock in this case, this is the best that Scott has done to date. I'm not thrilled with Merriweather's behavioral issues, but his talent is undeniable. I'm not terribly thrilled with Harris, but he would fit a need and can play MLB in our scheme. I don't love Tony Hunt, but at that value, I'd absolutely take him. It's all better than the team reaching for a lackluster NFL talent like Troy Smith like Scott had all along...

Go_Eagles77
04-16-2007, 03:08 PM
I like this mock, would prefer Griffin though.

Go_Eagles77
04-20-2007, 07:14 PM
This one is good too.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2007, 09:37 AM
I agree, I would not complain, but I would prefer Griffin in the first. And another LB.

cunningham06
04-23-2007, 10:00 PM
New mock-
1st: Michael Griffin
2nd: Charles Johnson
3rd: Tony Hunt

I love that mock draft and if it actually played out that way I would be ecstatic.

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2007, 06:35 AM
New mock-
1st: Michael Griffin
2nd: Charles Johnson
3rd: Tony Hunt

I love that mock draft and if it actually played out that way I would be ecstatic.

This is probably my most favorite one yet, now only if we could make it happen. It does seem realistic, but we all know this isn't an exact science.

bsaza2358
04-24-2007, 08:13 AM
I'd be perfectly fine with this draft, but I'd also prefer a CB in round 3 instead of Hunt. I feel like there are other backs that could be had later on. Either way, with all the trading bound to be happening at the top, the first round is going to be absolutely insane. Pretty much all the teams in the top 12 could move up or down under different scenarios. It is likely that the Raiders will stand pat, but after that, it's a total crapshoot.

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2007, 05:45 PM
I don't think it will be as crazy as many are suggesting. It think there may be two or three trades in the top twelve, but that is all. It will be interesting to see how many trades there are later on the first day.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2007, 03:52 PM
One thing guys must remember that I just thought of. If you have us trading away William Thomas, we are going to need to draft a Tackle at some point in this draft. It should probably be a later round pick if he were to be traded, but our FO (mainly AR) loves those linemen. Just thought I would bring it up.

bsaza2358
04-25-2007, 04:01 PM
With Runyan and Thomas both aging, a second round OT who is a good value might actually happen. If they're going to trade William Thomas, they could take an OT in round 1 as well.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2007, 06:45 PM
I don't think they would take a Tackle on day one, because we have Winston Justice, but we would need depth to go behind him.