PDA

View Full Version : AFC West QBOTF?

Splat
07-25-2006, 08:00 AM
I'am going to be a homer and pick Brodie Croyle as long as we have atleast a good O line.

07-25-2006, 08:00 AM
Ill give it to San Diego just ahead of Denver

moc182
07-25-2006, 08:02 AM
Cutler, by far.

elway777
07-25-2006, 08:06 AM
I voted croyle but now i see it was a mistake as he wont be working behind that monster line when his time comes so ill have to say cutler.

Splat
07-25-2006, 08:08 AM
The Chiefs will still have a good line maybe not great but good the Chiefs and Denver always play good on the line.

Jughead10
07-25-2006, 08:13 AM
I'm a big Croyle fan, so I went with him. He needs a full year on the bench this year though. Esepecially to bulk up. I really hope they don't see him in at all during the regular season.

07-25-2006, 08:13 AM
I'm a big Croyle fan, so I went with him. He needs a full year on the bench this year though. Esepecially to bulk up. I really hope they don't see him in at all during the regular season.

only way he plays is if green gets hurt

Jughead10
07-25-2006, 08:15 AM

only way he plays is if green gets hurt

Yea I know. So basically I hope Green stays healthy all year. I have the Chiefs as a playoff team right now.

Splat
07-25-2006, 08:17 AM
Green has not missed a game since playing for the Chiefs unless we lose a player or two on the line i don't think that will change. I know Green does not look like it but he is pretty tuff he can take a hit.

07-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Green has not missed a game since playing for the Chiefs unless we lose a player or two on the line i don't think that will change. I know Green does not look like it but he is pretty tuff he can take a hit.

he learned that toughness at IU :wink:

CGF 216/137
07-25-2006, 08:22 AM
Jay cutler and Walter are the top 2 IMO.

draftguru151
07-25-2006, 08:47 AM
No love for Phillip Rivers. :shock: #4 overall pick, absolute monster at NC State? He is worlds ahead of Croyle and Walter. Cutler is tied with him or behind him. Phillip is gonna be a beast this year.

Splat
07-25-2006, 08:51 AM
No love for Phillip Rivers. :shock: #4 overall pick, absolute monster at NC State? He is worlds ahead of Croyle and Walter. Cutler is tied with him or behind him. Phillip is gonna be a beast this year.

Any time Rivers played in a real game he has looked lost i think he will be good but not this year IMO.

07-25-2006, 08:52 AM

I voted for Rivers.

draftguru151
07-25-2006, 08:52 AM

Any time Rivers played in a real game he has looked lost i think he will be good but not this year IMO.

Didn't he play like a grand total of 1 regular season game. :?

Splat
07-25-2006, 08:54 AM

Didn't he play like a grand total of 1 regular season game. :?

He has came in in a few games for mop up stuff and he never looked good i think they should have kept Brees.

Eaglez.Fan
07-25-2006, 09:13 AM
Jay Cutler-

http://ifbbtv.com/video3/images/jay_cutler.jpg

Ravens1991
07-25-2006, 09:58 AM

agreed, Croyles Oline will probably retire by the time he starts.

ny10804
07-25-2006, 10:15 AM
Well, my dog's name is Brodie, so I'll go with Croyle.

jackalope
07-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Phillip Rivers

LTgiants
07-25-2006, 10:29 AM
Cutler, by far.

Splat
07-25-2006, 10:35 AM
As of now Croyle has looked great in OTA's and Cutler not so much Croyle has hell of alot better chance to be in camp on time which will help him and there is no way he will get any playing time this year he can just sit and watch Green. Cutler won't see the field either unless JP was to go down but if he misses the start of camp it could hurt him you have to be there if your a QB.

nobodyinparticular
07-25-2006, 11:12 AM

:evil: Just wait until Huff picks him off twice in Week 1 and we'll see who is going to be a beast this year.

chief_fan88
07-25-2006, 11:31 AM
How about none of them, if Printers plays up to his potential and athletic ability, he'll be better than all of them.

That's why i was kinda upset when we drafted Croyle, it seemed to be a wasted pick, with other needs, and a lot of players falling in this last draft.

Splat
07-25-2006, 11:35 AM
How about none of them, if Printers plays up to his potential and athletic ability, he'll be better than all of them.

That's why i was kinda upset when we drafted Croyle, it seemed to be a wasted pick, with other needs, and a lot of players falling in this last draft.

No way Croyle is all ready a head of Printers Croyle ran a O alot like the one we run in college he fits so much better. He has a hell of a arm our O is set up for pocket passer.

slightlyaraiderfan
07-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Walter will have a rebuilt OL and a nice set of WRs to throw to, when he's ready.

Shiver
07-25-2006, 12:40 PM
I voted for Rivers. He has a great supporting cast, he has other-worldy intangibles.

Smooth Criminal
07-25-2006, 01:35 PM
The best two are easily Cutler and Rivers. Between them its tough but I said Rivers since he had less votes.

NIN1984
07-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Well since I'm a Raiders fan I'll say Walter but if I had to pick out of the other 3 I'll say Cutler

M.O.T.H.
07-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Wow, I'm surprised at all the Jay Cutler support. I've said for months now that he is Boller round 2. I went with a player that I believe will not only have a great year this season but, also eventually be an annual pro-bowler, Philip Rivers.

Staubach12
07-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Cutler, by far.

SuperMcGee
07-25-2006, 02:00 PM
It's between Walter and Rivers for me. Personal reasons lean me to Walter, but in the end I have to give the edge to Rivers

dukies9101
07-25-2006, 02:32 PM
i'm going to be a homer and pick brodie croyle. he shouldn't have to play for a while but i think he will be a good quarterback when he finnally does play

draftguru151
07-25-2006, 02:33 PM
Wow, I'm surprised at all the Jay Cutler support. I've said for months now that he is Boller round 2. I went with a player that I believe will not only have a great year this season but, also eventually be an annual pro-bowler, Philip Rivers.

:? And and like 50 other misinformed people.

07-25-2006, 02:34 PM
Phillip Rivers

Shane P. Hallam
07-25-2006, 02:35 PM
Most people will say Cutler because we love the draft. But, I think SD will build around Rivers for now and turn him into a solid QB. That being said, I like Walter a lot...

M.O.T.H.
07-25-2006, 03:04 PM

:? And and like 50 other misinformed people.

I was one of the first, if not the first to compare him to Kyle Boller in my the Real Jay Cutler thread back in the day. I've done my homework on the subject and I'm sticking to the comparison. I respect others opinions on him but, I believe he will be a highly inconsistant and non-successful QB in the league.

johbur
07-25-2006, 03:37 PM
Rivers>Cutler>Croyle>Walter

Ho0k Em'
07-25-2006, 09:09 PM
I went with Cutler because I didn't pay attention too heavy back when Rivers was in college so all i can go off on is what i've seen from him the last few years. Cutler is in a good situation because he can sit behind Jake, and he's in a perfect offense for him.

I wasn't a Croyle fan when he came out of college last year, and i'm still not a huge fan. I don't know if he can lead a team, and stay healthy long enough to be a leader.

RCAChainGang
07-25-2006, 09:15 PM
I went with Cutler because I didn't pay attention too heavy back when Rivers was in college so all i can go off on is what i've seen from him the last few years. Cutler is in a good situation because he can sit behind Jake, and he's in a perfect offense for him.

I wasn't a Croyle fan when he came out of college last year, and i'm still not a huge fan. I don't know if he can lead a team, and stay healthy long enough to be a leader.

Well i think Croyle will get much better under a great line. In Alabama he was sacked so much. Against Auburn he got sacked over and over.

Ho0k Em'
07-25-2006, 09:18 PM

Well i think Croyle will get much better under a great line. In Alabama he was sacked so much. Against Auburn he got sacked over and over.

I watched alot of Alabama last year, and I just don't see him leading a team to victory.

Gribble
07-25-2006, 09:28 PM

I watched alot of Alabama last year, and I just don't see him leading a team to victory.

Was this after he lost Prothro? Before that Alabama was a NC calibur team.

Ho0k Em'
07-25-2006, 10:06 PM

Was this after he lost Prothro? Before that Alabama was a NC calibur team.

The first game I saw of them was when he got injured. He would've made that team alot better, but that just proves my point even more that he can't lead a team. He had good WR's other than prothro. He had a good one is D.J. Brown I think it was.

turninandburnin1
07-25-2006, 10:12 PM
I voted for Brodie Croyle basically becuz im a chiefs fan and I want to see it happen. Croyle has mediocre leadership as a quarterback and sitting behind Trent Green will help him out with that. But.... With Green's career winding down Croyle wont have as much time to develop his skills as someone like persay Jay Cutler would.

So basically what im saying is

Croyle-will be on field quicker but might take some time to develop NFL skills

Cutler-Will see playing time later which might help him harness more NFL skills.

Jonathan_VIlma
07-25-2006, 10:34 PM
Ah yeah. What does he get hit.. Once a game? With that line it's like standing behind a wall.

And Rivers has 30 attempts. He's ahead of everyone listed in this thread, but I don't think he was worth that pick. He was good late in the season, but his throwing motion is awkward.

njx9
07-25-2006, 11:03 PM
As of now Croyle has looked great in OTA's and Cutler not so much Croyle has hell of alot better chance to be in camp on time which will help him and there is no way he will get any playing time this year he can just sit and watch Green. Cutler won't see the field either unless JP was to go down but if he misses the start of camp it could hurt him you have to be there if your a QB.

where in the hell did you get that? KC Homer news? what garbage. all denver reports are that he's looked great.

njx9
07-25-2006, 11:05 PM
also, rivers.

but that's not to say that anyone who compares boller and cutler has the faintest clue what they're talking about. i don't actually remember cutler having his reads dumbed down in any way. nor do i remember him throwing from one knee to "prove" his arm strength.

whether you like him or not, that's a piss poor comparison.

Namy
07-26-2006, 12:42 AM
I like Croyle. He's got good physical tools, but as mentioned, he struggled mightily without prothro. However, it wasn't really all his fault, that whole offense sucked. Cutler is also great physically. Can he pull it all together at the NFL level? He's on a team that went to the AFCC the previous season. Something that he didn't have at Vanderbilt: Talent. I think Cutler can be good, but realistically, I expect growing pains with him.

America
07-26-2006, 12:47 AM
I'd say Rivers. I don't have any doubts about him. He dominated college, spent two years watching and learning, had an excellent offseason and isn't much different of a QB than Brees. Both are good team leaders with good accuracy, but lack arm strength. I expect a lot of dump offs to LT and more passes intended for Gates. I expect 2800-3200 yards, >20 TDs, but no more than 14 INTs with a 58-61 completion percentage.

Jensen
07-26-2006, 01:04 AM
Philip Rivers.

yourfavestoner
07-26-2006, 02:30 AM

Love the sig. :D

I really liked Croyle coming out. I'm going with him.

thetedginnshow
07-26-2006, 03:16 AM
I said Rivers. Why? Well, I think Walter will have one good year while Moss is around. Croyle will have one healthy year. Cutler will have some good, some bad, but not enough to get him over the hump, while I think Rivers might eventually make it to the Super Bowl. I'm rooting for Croyle to do the best, though.

Oaktown1981
07-26-2006, 04:52 AM
It's impossible to tell what these QB will do when they get their chance. AFC West will be interested to watch thats for sure.

Splat
07-26-2006, 09:42 AM
Not that much love for Brodie Croyle i think he would have went alot higher in the draft had he not got hurt in college.

draftguru151
07-26-2006, 09:43 AM
There are too many Raiders fans on here.

07-26-2006, 09:43 AM

clearly

nobodyinparticular
07-26-2006, 11:04 AM

:D Or maybe there are just plenty of enlightened people on this board... :P

07-26-2006, 11:05 AM

according to this poll theres only 16 of those

nobodyinparticular
07-26-2006, 11:06 AM

No silly, there's a whole 20 of us.

njx9
07-27-2006, 08:27 AM

and at least 18 of them will mock you brady quinn in the near future.

draftguru151
07-27-2006, 10:38 AM

:lol: Cutler has 20 votes right now.

Paranoidmoonduck
07-27-2006, 11:47 AM
I think that Cutler has the highest ceiling among theses dudes and is in a good team situation. However, Walter is due to be operating an offense that fits him to a T and has a lot of potential.

If all goes well for Cutler, he is the one to pick. If not, I pick Walter. However, I am a Raider fan and so I pick Walter.

P-L
07-27-2006, 05:57 PM
I really like the situation Brodie Croyle is in. If the Cheifs can replace a few of their OL guys with quality guys, he'll have it made.

critesy
07-27-2006, 06:05 PM

yayuh..i say go printers, he shall be the best.

Dam8610
07-29-2006, 12:22 AM
It's between Rivers and Cutler. I'm going with Cutler.