PDA

View Full Version : Should Duke LaCrosse players sue Nifong?

TheGunShow
04-12-2007, 06:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2835259

What would you do in their shoes?

McBain
04-12-2007, 06:18 PM
option number 4 is sweet.

MP123
04-12-2007, 06:18 PM
The accuser is a lying *****. They have proof she lied. They conveniently forgot to mention that she has a criminal history. She stole a taxi cab, drove it drunk, and ran into a cop car. She only got 3 weekends in jail. And of course, she won't go to jail for lying. All three of those players have legal bills of over $1 million and they need help to pay the bills. The should sue the accuser for every damn penny she has and throw her ass in jail.

MP123
04-12-2007, 06:20 PM
option number 4 is sweet.

You completely miss the point. The point that can be learned from this trial is that you should never hire a stripper. They are low life's and can cause real trouble, as what happened with Duke lacrosse.

JPLUFF
04-12-2007, 06:30 PM
With all the hot, skanky college girls that if given enough alcohol, could potentially take their clothes off, why would anyone need to hire a stripper?

gbpackers0065
04-12-2007, 06:38 PM
They really have no plausible grounds to sue Nifong becuase NC state law protects state-employed lawyers.....they'd be better off suing the stripper.

MP123
04-12-2007, 06:38 PM
With all the hot, skanky college girls that if given enough alcohol, could potentially take their clothes off, why would anyone need to hire a stripper?

Good. You understand things unlike most people on this forum.

iowatreat54
04-12-2007, 06:41 PM
They really have no plausible grounds to sue Nifong becuase NC state law protects state-employed lawyers.....they'd be better off suing the stripper.

Well that still doesn't mean that they couldn't sue the state(or something to that effect)/get Nifong to lose his license...if I were these kids I would want to do anything and everything to make his life miserable, which they could do based on the money they come from

sweetness34
04-12-2007, 06:42 PM
You completely miss the point. The point that can be learned from this trial is that you should never hire a stripper. They are low life's and can cause real trouble, as what happened with Duke lacrosse.

Or he was just kidding, simma down dude.

gbpackers0065
04-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Well that still doesn't mean that they couldn't sue the state(or something to that effect)/get Nifong to lose his license...if I were these kids I would want to do anything and everything to make his life miserable, which they could do based on the money they come from

suing and moving for disbarment are two different things

TitleTown088
04-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Sue AL sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Those guys jumped all over the kids before they even knew they were guilty and damn near ruined their lives.

ElectricEye
04-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Sue Nifong for all hes worth. Seriously. This man horrible. He ruined the reputation of these kids, who weren't saints to begin with...thats for sure..but still, he ruined them. This is going to follow them for the rest of their lives. And why did he do it? To try to play the race card up for attention. This guy shouldn't have a job.

Windy
04-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Sue AL sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Those guys jumped all over the kids before they even knew they were guilty and damn near ruined their lives.

I agree with you on this.

ironman4579
04-12-2007, 07:07 PM
I can't stand the guy. I also can't stand the women's groups on campus that protested outside the house with signs calling them rapists etc, the day after the phony incident, not even knowing if it was true or not. And I'll go out on a limb and bet not one of those women has offered an apology for that.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-12-2007, 07:10 PM

Over hundreds of "Famous People" buried them in the ground so what are you gonna sue every one of them, why not sue Kornheiser and Wilbon while you are at it.

neko4
04-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Not sure if this allowed to be talked about here but yes, they should sue NIFONG. Suing the stripper would be a waste of time.
1- Nifong tried to turn it into a racism thing
2- Not sure if there is pro lacrosse, but if there is pro lacrosse then they may not be able to become pros.
3- Their GPA's coulda dropped during the trial.
4- DUke sports' reputation could have been ruined so the school should also sue.

ElectricEye
04-12-2007, 07:13 PM
I agree with you on this.

He does have a point. But they weren't the only ones. They should just sue the whole god damned media for libel.

neko4
Over hundreds of "Famous People" buried them in the ground so what are you gonna sue every one of them, why not sue Kornheiser and Wilbon while you are at it.

I dont believe the PTI guys ever doubted the Duke lacrosse players

gbpackers0065
2- Not sure if there is pro lacrosse, but if there is pro lacrosse then they may not be able to become pros.

MLL & NLL my brother played in both and as far as Sharpton and Jackson go when somethign happens radicals like them tend to react in extreme ways without thinking out how to approach the issue.

The Unseen
04-12-2007, 07:18 PM

Don't know what you're talking about there. I remember watching PTI those days, and they were very cautious not to pass blame. Of course, they talked about how terrible it would be if true and it's widespread racial impact, but I distinctly remember them talking about trying to not jump to conclusions.

MP123
04-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Not sure if this allowed to be talked about here but yes, they should sue NIFONG. Suing the stripper would be a waste of time.
1- Nifong tried to turn it into a racism thing
3- Their GPA's coulda dropped during the trial.
4- DUke sports' reputation could have been ruined so the school should also sue.

Agree 100%.

Smokey Joe
04-12-2007, 07:49 PM
I hate Sharpton and Jackson... I won't even say what I am thinking so I wont be the cause of getting this thread locked...

yes, I would sue the stripper and that d-bag lawyer.

jagsfreak27
04-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Sue the bastards for every damn penny, they ruined there lives.

RaiderNation
04-12-2007, 08:06 PM
sue them both

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Im pretty sure that Nifong has immunity or something like that.But if I could I would sue him for every penny.And the stripper I dont think I would sue her for money.Id just try and make her get sent to a mental hospital.Wether or not shes ill who cares its a mental hospital she wont enjoy it.Plus I dont think she has much money to give.

Zim3031
04-12-2007, 08:13 PM
I am not enough aware of the legal system to determine whether or not he could or should be sued. But their has to be consequences for what he did while he was managing the prosecution. He neglected to turn in DNA evidence to the court and based on this little tidbit...

On December 28, 2006, the North Carolina bar filed ethics charges against Nifong over his alleged conduct in the case, accusing him of making public statements that were "prejudicial to the administration of justice" and of engaging in "conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit, or misrepresentation." The 17-page document accuses Nifong of violating four rules of professional conduct, listing more than 50 examples of statements he made to the media

-Wikipedia

There's quite a few other things that he did that weren't exactly "fair". The worst part of all about this case that this just makes it more difficult to believe women who really are victims of rape and sexual assault to seek justice and be believed.

MP123
04-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Im pretty sure that Nifong has immunity or something like that.But if I could I would sue him for every penny.And the stripper I dont think I would sue her for money.Id just try and make her get sent to a mental hospital.Wether or not shes ill who cares its a mental hospital she wont enjoy it.Plus I dont think she has much money to give.

I heard they found lots of *** in her underwear and it wasn't from any Duke lacrosse players. You're right that the stripper doesn't have any money, but I think suing her would be good because she would never make another penny in her life.

iowatreat54
04-12-2007, 08:38 PM
suing and moving for disbarment are two different things

hence why I said sue/disbar...meaning one or the other or both

ironman4579
04-12-2007, 09:04 PM
The worst part of all about this case that this just makes it more difficult to believe women who really are victims of rape and sexual assault to seek justice and be believed.

Agreed 100%

TitleTown088
04-12-2007, 09:49 PM

Were Kornheiser and Wilbon in Durham saying a race crime had been committed before they even knew they facts?

GiantRutgersFan
04-12-2007, 10:40 PM
They ought to get charges pressed against the stripper.

They also should make a big thing in the news about the Reverend Al, who was crucifying them for no reason. The guy is riddiculus.

Also its not uncommon to have a stripper at college partys (specifically frat recruitment partys wheres theres no females). If you get a good one, theres nothing but fun going on :) I have a pretty sweet story if anyone is interested but idk if its appropriate.

ironman4579
04-12-2007, 10:42 PM
If it involves ping pong balls or donkeys in any way, probably not.

Shane P. Hallam
04-12-2007, 11:59 PM
Nifong can't get sued for cash. The state could revoke his ability to practice law, but that would cost the players even MORE money, when they've already paid $1 million a piece in defense costs. Likewise, the stripper has very little money and it would likely cost more to sue her than they could get back.

neko4
04-13-2007, 08:36 PM

why would he have immuntiy, he aint nothin special

OH I see

iworshipbender
04-14-2007, 02:03 AM
if you didn't know, this bitches name is Crystal Gayle Mangum.