PDA

View Full Version : NFC North Division QBOTF...

Scotty D
07-25-2006, 02:04 PM
I thought Splat had a good idea and thought I would make one for the NFC North division. Hope he doesn't mind me stealing his acronym.

I have high hopes for Orlovsky, but the non homer pick in me has to say Aaron Rodgers. If Jackson ever lives up to his potential he could end up being the best of the bunch.

The Unseen
07-25-2006, 02:06 PM
My vote is Aaron Rodgers.

M.O.T.H.
07-25-2006, 02:07 PM
I really am not high on any of them but, if i had to choose, I'd go with Jackson.

Shiver
07-25-2006, 02:10 PM
I vote Jackson.

Staubach12
07-25-2006, 02:13 PM
Aaron Rodgers.

Shane P. Hallam
07-25-2006, 02:21 PM
I have a feelign Orlovsky and Orton are nothing more than career back-ups. Grossman should be on there and would be my vote, but it looks like you were going for a younger crowd. I'll take Aaron slightly over Tarvaris.

Smooth Criminal
07-25-2006, 02:30 PM
I'll take Rodgers.

dukies9101
07-25-2006, 02:31 PM
Aaron Rodgers

draftguru151
07-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Wouldn't it be Grossman for the Bears not Orton. :?

07-25-2006, 02:35 PM
Very easy pick, it's A-Rod.

TitleTown088
07-25-2006, 02:38 PM
Very easy pick, it's A-Rod.

yeah def him or Ingle martin, i think he could develope into somthing as well , seeing as how MM is known for develping Qb's i think him and A-Rod could turn out quite well.

Scotty D
07-25-2006, 02:42 PM
I have a feelign Orlovsky and Orton are nothing more than career back-ups. Grossman should be on there and would be my vote, but it looks like you were going for a younger crowd. I'll take Aaron slightly over Tarvaris.

Wouldn't it be Grossman for the Bears not Orton. :?

Grossman should be included in this poll, but it won't let me add him after the voting started.

P-L
07-25-2006, 02:51 PM
Grossman should be included in this poll, but it won't let me add him after the voting started.

Fixed.

America
07-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Ingle Martin

Scotty D
07-25-2006, 02:54 PM

Fixed.

Thanks.

jackalope
07-25-2006, 03:04 PM
definitaly Rodgers. i've been hearing good things about him lately.

johbur
07-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Orton won a lot of games last year, and he has the defense behind him that if he messes up, it doesn't cost the team as much. Tavaris Jackson needs a lot of development. I liked Orlovsky in college and think he has a good shot at taking the reigns from the journeymen the Lions brought in. Aaron Rodgers was a first rounder, and he has been able to be developed behind Favre, though he also gets the pressure of replacing Favre. He's also likely to become the starter next year, so he'll have the opportunity. Grossman just needs to stay healthy, as he's looked very good.

Interesting thread!

psub10champs
07-25-2006, 04:16 PM
None of them wil be anything special, I'll say grossman out of anyone though

Splat
07-25-2006, 04:27 PM
I know he is always hurt but i like Rex Grossman if he can ever stay on the field i think he could be a pretty good QB.

Immaculate Tackle
07-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Oh my, this poll reminds me why someone said that if Randle El signs with the Bears and Favre retires, Randle El will be the best QB in that division.

Jensen
07-25-2006, 04:51 PM
Aaron Rodgers.

TitleTown088
07-25-2006, 04:54 PM
Oh my, this poll reminds me why someone said that if Randle El signs with the Bears and Favre retires, Randle El will be the best QB in that division. Randle El better than rodgers or grossman.. i dont think so.

Shane P. Hallam
07-25-2006, 04:55 PM
Mush signed on with the Bears BECAUSE of Grossman, liked him that much. I have a feeling Grossman is better than he has shown.

Pittbc7
07-25-2006, 04:56 PM
I would have to go with Rodgers but I think Martz will make something out of Orlovsky. I see alot of Bulger in Orlovsky and think he is someone to keep an eye on. Tavaris Jackson could not beat Matt Jones out at Arkansas so I do not see how people think he is going to be anything. He had to transfer to a 1-aa school to get playing time. Croyle or Whitehusrt would have been much better choices but oh well. Im glad I am not a Vikings fan.

Staubach12
07-25-2006, 04:59 PM
Oh my, this poll reminds me why someone said that if Randle El signs with the Bears and Favre retires, Randle El will be the best QB in that division. Randle El better than rodgers or grossman.. i dont think so.

How many passes has he thrown? 16. You can't judge a QB on a half a game's worth of throws. If he were that good, he would be playing QB right now.

moc182
07-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Grossman by a wide margin. When he stops getting hurt he's going to be a big time QB.

TitleTown088
07-25-2006, 05:09 PM

How many passes has he thrown? 16. You can't judge a QB on a half a game's worth of throws. If he were that good, he would be playing QB right now.

who r u talking about there?

Staubach12
07-25-2006, 05:10 PM

Randle El

TitleTown088
07-25-2006, 05:15 PM

Randle El

so.... you were talking to immaculate tackle..?

07-25-2006, 05:16 PM

You obviously dont realize that he was more than just a good runner in college. Im not saying that hes better than rodgers or grossman but he can throw.

Staubach12
07-25-2006, 05:30 PM

Randle El

Yes. Know what... I just realized he said "this reminds me why someone said..." I thought he was just saying Randle El was better than all these guys... so... my mistake.

Staubach12
07-25-2006, 05:35 PM

You obviously dont realize that he was more than just a good runner in college. Im not saying that hes better than rodgers or grossman but he can throw.

I know, I know. I was talkin to tackle, but I didn't read the post good. See the post before this one.

TitleTown088
07-25-2006, 05:48 PM

Randle El

Yes. Know what... I just realized he said "this reminds me why someone said..." I thought he was just saying Randle El was better than all these guys... so... my mistake.

ok

duckseason
07-25-2006, 05:53 PM
I think Orlovsky will benefit greatly by having Mike Martz as his OC. Not sure if he'll ever get his shot, but if he does, I wouldn't be surprised to see him succeed.

07-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Im gonna go Rodgers b/c he could have been the Number one pick two years ago and many believed he should have been.

bearsfan_51
07-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Mush signed on with the Bears BECAUSE of Grossman, liked him that much. I have a feeling Grossman is better than he has shown.
He is. Grossman has a hell of an arm, people tend to forget that. The problem is that his decision making skills haven't evolved as he hasn't been on the field that much. I'm not a huge Grossman fan, but as far as the poll is concerned I have to go with him because in terms of sucess the Bears are primed for a very good 4-5 year run and you can't say that about any other team right now.

TitleTown088
07-25-2006, 06:58 PM
He is. Grossman has a hell of an arm, people tend to forget that. The problem is that his decision making skills haven't evolved as he hasn't been on the field that much. I'm not a huge Grossman fan, but as far as the poll is concerned I have to go with him because in terms of sucess the Bears are primed for a very good 4-5 year run and you can't say that about any other team right now.

their offense still has a bunch of questions.

bearsfan_51
07-25-2006, 07:11 PM

Of course it does. If you define "success" in terms of offensive production then it probably won't be Grossman. If you define it in terms of team wins I'm going with whomever is starting for the Bears.

TitleTown088
07-25-2006, 08:05 PM

Of course it does. If you define "success" in terms of offensive production then it probably won't be Grossman. If you define it in terms of team wins I'm going with whomever is starting for the Bears.

Yeah but i think think you gotta go by offensive production, he seems to be asking what individual will do better, not what team, atleased the way i look at it, and in that cause i could say rodgers mot likely.

bearsfan_51
07-25-2006, 08:19 PM

Yeah but i think think you gotta go by offensive production, he seems to be asking what individual will do better, not what team, atleased the way i look at it, and in that cause i could say rodgers mot likely.
What offensive pieces do the Packers have to build around?
Samkon Gado?
Greg Jennings?

Right now I would say the Bears have better/younger skill players than the Packers do.

draftguru151
07-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Samkon Gado?
Greg Jennings?

Right now I would say the Bears have better/younger skill players than the Packers do.

I agree, Grossman, Benson, and Bradley are going to be good players.

GB12
07-25-2006, 08:27 PM
Grossman

GB12
07-25-2006, 08:44 PM
Im gonna go Rodgers b/c he could have been the Number one pick two years ago and many believed he should have been.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050325012759/www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/rankings.html

scott had him ranked as the best player in the draft

TitleTown088
07-25-2006, 08:49 PM

Samkon Gado?
Greg Jennings?

Greg will be solid i think, i dunno about gado in the ZBS. But yeah i agree with you the packers will now need to turn their focus mainly to their offensive improvment now that they have a solid Defensive group. But you also have to remember that rodgers also has not became the starter yet and their offense is not set on what he will have to work with in the future. As for now they are working on rebuilding their O-line ,when that is set they will turn to skill players, if they can maybe pick up another reciever, and RB in the near future their offense could be pretty decent with players vets liek bubba, driver, and maybe a few new players will start living up to their potential like fergeson or Marc Boerigter.

President
07-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Rex Grossman

RCAChainGang
07-25-2006, 09:02 PM
I think AAron Rodgers is the QB to watch for he has not had a chance to prove himself and he will be a good QB.

draftguru151
07-25-2006, 09:02 PM

http://web.archive.org/web/20050325012759/www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/rankings.html

:lol: Good use of the archives.

GB12
07-25-2006, 09:06 PM

:lol: Good use of the archives.

:lol: yep. Im still staying with grossman for now though