PDA

View Full Version : One-round, with trades

toonsterwu
04-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Not my best, I think, and there are some things that strike me as off. But I wanted to put up my current trade 1-round (not putting up the rest, as it's a jumble). A few veteran trades as well. Honestly feel like I'll make some changes soon, but felt like getting something up as it's been awhile.
__________________________________________________ ____________

Mocked Veteran Trades (a couple others in mind, but just these for now):

1. Denver Broncos get DT Kris Jenkins
Carolina Panthers get the 70th overall

The other rumored teams are St. Louis and Kansas City. The thing is, Denver has Washington’s 3rd, and can trump those two, unless those two cough up a 2nd. And I think that Panthers would want immediate assets. There obviously are other potential iterations (swapping a 2nd for a 1st), but sometimes the simplest method is the best method. For the Broncos, Bates wants big DT’s to suck up the run and command double teams, allowing for his edge guys to attack. This is better than positioning for a DT in this DT thin draft. The Panthers DT rotation is still fine (could look for depth later I guess),

2. Buffalo Bills get RB Michael Turner
San Diego Chargers get the 43rd overall and Buffalo’s 2008 1st
rounder

I think Buffalo really wants to keep their 1st round pick, with the intent of trying to get a linebacker at 12. I think San Diego won’t do this deal unless they get good enough assets to try and help them move up. I’m just not sold that, in the end, the Titans would fork over first round swap after spending a 2nd on Lendale. You bring in someone to compete with him, but spending a first round pick essentially on Turner is a lot. And yes, I think the Burner will get first round value, or close enough.

3. Tennessee Titans get WR Mike Williams
Detroit Lions get the 152nd overall pick

Will Millen really let Williams go in a cut? Or will he try to get something for him? There is interest out there, but at what level, considering the big impact it would have on this year’s payroll. I don’t know the Lions situation and was too lazy to look it up. That could play a huge role. Norm Chow knows Mike Williams. Mike is a “type” they lack, big, physical possession receiver. It might cost a late 4th to get Detroit to take the hit, but I’ll work with a 5th for now.
__________________________________________________ ________
One-round trade mock (still working on the following rounds). Some comments. A bit messy and not too pleased with it. Yeah, let me hear it about too many deals.

1. Oakland Raiders

Will they get a trade? It is possible, but as of now, I’m still not sold who. The dynamics of it make it unlikely that any team out of the top 5 or so could make a push up. As such, I’m making a pick here. I agree that the “momentum” is making this a toss-up, as I’ve noted the last couple of times, but the nod is still towards Jamarcus Russell. Maybe I’m just being bullheaded. I do have another one-round trade mock done with Calvin Johnson going 1 (and it’s a mock Lions fans would probably hate). There is a need for a franchise QB, and as noted, I find Russell to be one of two true elites in the draft.

Oakland Raiders pick: QB Jamarcus Russell, LSU

2. Detroit Lions

They are praying for Calvin Johnson to be around, because that’s the only way I think that they get a lot of trade interest. With CJ around, I think they look deal. If they stay put, the nod here goes to Gaines Adams over Calvin Johnson. What teams might deal? There’s Tampa Bay, Minnesota, and Atlanta that come to mind for Calvin Johnson, and maybe Arizona for Joe Thomas. There’s probably a team or 2 that might consider a move up for Quinn, but I’m not sold on it happening personally. I cross Minnesota off because, while teams will trade within division, do the Lions really want to be known for giving their division rivals Calvin Johnson? While Buccaneers fans won’t like it, the nod here goes to Tampa Bay making a move up to secure Calvin Johnson.

Proposed Trade:

Detroit Lions get the 4th overall and 35th overall
Tampa Bay gets the 2nd

Yes, value is low, but I think the Lions would consider the move (if it requires a balanced value, it might cost the Buccaneers a 2nd rounder in 2008, as I can’t see the Buccaneers giving up any other day 1 pick this year). Tampa Bay does need Calvin. There’s a lot of work to do on defense, but they do need another guy to help stretch the field, providing a better target, while also potentially increasing space for the run game.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers pick: WR Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech

3. Cleveland Browns

What do they do here? There’s been a lot of bantering on who they go after, mostly focusing on offensive personnel due to the board. Thus, it’s Adrian Peterson, Brady Quinn, and Joe Thomas. Do they move for the franchise QB option? Do they draft a young runner to work in a 2-back system? Do they go franchise tackle? All tempting options. Might they trade? Well, if they trade, it becomes a matter of who? Miami likely doesn’t have the chips/desire to move up for Quinn here. Minnesota might have interest in Quinn, but I view that more as hoping he slides to their spot rather than a bold move up type scenario. Would Thomas or Adams draw any interest? Will a team really deal up to 3 for Adams? I can’t see it. The best option is Arizona moving up for Thomas … but there’s some rumblings that they might prefer Levi Brown. Thus, they make a pick here, and the nod goes to … Adrian Peterson. While I don’t like this, they do need a young runner. Adrian needs Cleveland to pick him … otherwise he risks taking a slight tumble. Quinn was a very, very close 2nd.

Cleveland Browns pick: RB Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma

4. Detroit Lions f/ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I think the Lions would definitely look to move down again. But the issue is, who? Quinn/Thomas/Adams seem to be the most tempting options out there, but who moves up? Maybe Arizona for Thomas, and that’s probably the best bet, but I don’t buy it. Arizona might take Thomas if he’s there, but moving up for him? Not sold. I just don’t see a deal that really strikes me as … hey, that’s a move that will happen. As such, Detroit picks here, and they take DE Gaines Adams. They can look QB later, and I buy that Martz is cocky enough to turn to Dan Orlovsky if Kitna gets hurt. They’ll add a QB later. The darkhorse pick here would be reaching for Patrick Willis, who they are rumored to love.

Detroit Lions pick: DE Gaines Adams, Clemson

5. Arizona Cardinals

This one was actually difficult. Why? Largely because there seems to be some rumors that they much prefer Levi Brown. I had a mock trade worked out (Miami bolting up for Brady Quinn). In the end, though, I decided that, even if those rumors are true, passing up Joe Thomas here and moving themselves into a riskier position might not be worth it.

Arizona Cardinals pick: OT Joe Thomas, Wisconsin

6. Washington Redskins

The shock would be if the Redskins keep the pick, something few expect. If they do, I’d hope for DL, but I’m quite worried, as a Redskins follower, that they make a dumb move for a WR. If a trade comes along, though, that would take away things. So who? Bears and Briggs is still possible. Samuel and the Pats are an option. The nod, though, goes to …

Proposed Trade:

San Diego gets the 6th overall
Washington gets the 30th overall, the 43rd overall (Buffalo), and a 1st round pick in 2008 (unsure which pick to give Washington, Buffalo’s or San Diego’s)

I think the Chargers are going for broke this year. I know, some fans want to slide a big corner to safety. The problem is, Drayton Florence’s contract, I think, ends soon (after next year?). The Chargers are also a team with few immediate needs. Moving up for the draft’s best safety is something they might consider, as they can find a WR with their 2nd rounder. They’re hoping for a great season, so I’m not sure the 1st rounder in 2008 is something they are too worried about, although I’m not sure which pick to give the Skins here (Buffalo or San Diego’s). Washington would likely take a deal down if they could pick up another day 1 pick along the way. Would the Falcons make a move? I just get the feeling Atlanta would prefer to keep their picks. I have a feeling that the Redskins will likely make a pre-draft move, so this could be a pre-draft occurrence.

San Diego Chargers pick: S Laron Landry, LSU

7. Minnesota Vikings

Where does Minnesota go here? Landry is off the board, and they have safety depth anyways. LB isn’t needed. CB? It’s a thought. DL? Anderson’s a bit raw, and Carriker isn’t really an outside fit, and DT isn’t a 7th overall type need. OL? Unlikely. WR? Biggest need, but it’s a reach on players right now. RB? Value’s off here. QB? I don’t like any of the options, so I look towards a deal. Who might want to jump Atlanta? Could Miami make a move for Quinn here? I just don’t see a trade I like, and while I don’t like the move, I think they sit pat and take Brady Quinn. One thing I’ll say is that, if Quinn falls past 3, Houston made a mistake, and it has nothing to do with Schaub. They’ll talk about how they loved Schaub and so forth, but the strong indications were that they believed in Quinn as well.

Minnesota Vikings pick: QB Brady Quinn, Notre Dame

8. Atlanta Falcons f/ Houston Texans

I contemplated moving them up, but I think Tampa Bay would beat them out for a trade with Detroit unless Atlanta overwhelmed, and I don’t see that. I think they’d be perfectly happy standing pat here. So where do they go? Safety’s off … so it’s probably the trenches. DE, DT, OL could all be addressed. I know Steve Wyche of the AJC is saying that Okoye is behind Landry, Peterson, Brown, Anderson, and Nelson … but I’ll be thickheaded and go with Okoye here.

Atlanta Falcons pick: DT Amobi Okoye, Louisville

9. Miami Dolphins

This is really no man’s land for them. It’s just a poor spot. Do they go DL, with Branch/Carriker? What about WR (Ginn Jr./Bowe/Meachem)? TE (Olsen)? CB or safety? There’s been some grumblings that the strong anti-Levi Brown talk was a ruse. To an extent, it makes sense. OT is certainly a need, and Brown could potentially fit real well within their likely OL scheme usage. I think they would prefer to deal down, but I don’t see anything that I’m too excited about to make such a move.

Miami Dolphins pick: OT Levi Brown, Penn State

10. Houston Texans

The Texans want to deal down. Can they find a move? My guess is yes. Who? Buffalo comes to mind. Am I getting too aggressive with the Bills (Michael Turner)? What about St. Louis? I don’t look for anything too far below that, and I don’t see Carolina or Pittsburgh sliding up into this spot. I’ll go St. Louis here, largely because I don’t see Buffalo getting too trigger happy, whereas, I could see St. Louis target someone they like and move up for them. So the next question is who? WR/DL/CB come to mind for the Rams. Too much is unknown about their DT rotation, and I think they move up for Adam Carriker. Could be Buffalo moving up for a linebacker, though.

Proposed Trade:

St. Louis Rams get the 10th overall
Houston Texans get the 13th and 83rd overall

St. Louis Rams pick: DL Adam Carriker, Nebraska

11. San Francisco 49ers

While they may want Carriker, I don’t think they’ll go all out to land him, knowing that there are good options available at 11 for them. So who? Alan Branch is a thought. Patrick Willis is an option. Just not that sold on the Branch fit, and I think they go with someone they know in Patrick Willis. With so many picks, they can be aggressive later targeting talent.

San Francisco 49ers pick: LB Patrick Willis, Mississippi

12. Buffalo Bills

Are they crying over not getting Patrick Willis? I think they are perfectly fine plucking Jon Beason here.

Buffalo Bills pick: LB Jon Beason, the U

13. Houston Texans f/ St. Louis Rams

They got another pick, and while they may look trade, I think they make a selection here. The nod is to Ted Ginn Jr. as another offensive weapon, as they try to give Matt Schaub every chance possible of succeeding.

Houston Texans pick: WR Ted Ginn Jr., the Ohio State

14. Carolina Panthers

While they might’ve preferred grabbing a linebacker, the value’s probably off now. If Beason is here, I think they’d make the move. Fox has previously coached a 6’0” 235 pound-ish linebacker from the U before (Armstead for those that forgot). But what now? They’ve dealt Jenkins away, adding an extra pick. DE is a thought, as Anderson is intriguing at this spot. S is a definite area of concern. WR and TE are also areas to think about, and OL is a super, super darkhorse. I don’t see a trade option that seems to stand out to me (there are some possibilities). The nod here goes to Jamaal Anderson. Much as DE isn’t really a standout need, a raw talent like Jamaal may be too tempting to pass up here as they start grooming someone for the post-Rucker era. Safety and Nelson was a strong thought, but in the end, Anderson’s probably too good to pass up here.

Carolina Panthers pick: DE Jamaal Anderson, Arkansas

15. Pittsburgh Steelers

They’ve got a lot of directions they could go here. CB is a thought, LB is a thought. If they like Branch, he’s a possibility as well. Offensively, a WR makes sense, and OL could be a consideration. What’s the call? I think the find a deal. Who? Tennessee and Jacksonville come to mind. Jacksonville would probably be jumping Green Bay to ensure getting their safety of preference.

Proposed Trade:

Pittsburgh gets the 19th and 80th overall
Tennessee gets the 15th overall

So why Tennessee? Alan Branch is falling. Their defense really could use a potential impact DT. They potentially got a WR option in Mike Williams earlier. They still have a 2nd to target a corner, and a couple 4ths to address other needs.

Tennessee Titans pick: DT Alan Branch, Michigan

16. Green Bay Packers

I know, all the rumors are pointing away from RB here. It’s certainly possible … but I don’t buy it. Maybe a bit of bullheadedness, but there were rumors that people were starting rumors to drive down Lynch. Could it be Green Bay got worried? This could all change real quickly.

Green Bay Packers pick: RB Marshawn Lynch, California

17. Jacksonville Jaguars

I contemplated moving them up for a safety, but I passed. Instead, they stay put and get their pick. The nod goes to …

Jacksonville Jaguars pick: S Brandon Meriweather, the U

I think they’d be fine with Nelson as well, who I personally prefer by a tiny margin.

18. Cincinnati Bengals

With all three top corners still available, they have their choice. They could even deal down. I think they make their pick here, though, and the nod goes to

Cincinnati Bengals pick: S Reggie Nelson, Florida

This gives them the option of sliding Madieu Williams to CB if they so desire.

19. Pittsburgh Steelers f/ Tennessee Titans

They slide down and have a variety of options. CB or LB are thoughts. I want to go Timmons here, but I just feel that there’s a chance Timmons is a bluff. As such, I go CB and the local kid, Darrelle Revis

Pittsburgh Steelers pick: CB Darrelle Revis, Pittsburgh

20. New York Giants

I would personally go with Joe Staley, someone ready to step in immediately and start, and probably be an upgrade over what they have. I don’t see that happening, though. With two of the top corners still on board, I think they look to shore up that area, and they opt for Chris Houston over Leon Hall.

New York Giants pick: CB Chris Houston, Arkansas

21. Denver Broncos

After adding Kris Jenkins, they have a lot of options. I see a trade in store, with the New York Jets jumping up.

Proposed Trade:

Denver gets the 25th and 59th
New York Jets get the 21st and 70th

New York Jets pick: CB Leon Hall, Michigan

Jets move up to try and shore up their secondary.

22. Dallas Cowboys

Where do they go? WR is a thought. Edge is a thought. The nod, though, goes to long corner Aaron Ross, the type Wade Phillips might like. They could use corner depth, and Ross could provide return help now.

Dallas Cowboys pick: CB Aaron Ross, Texas

23. Kansas City Chiefs

I want to go away from OL … but I can’t. They have a lot of options, but few seem like long term bets. Staley offers someone that could start inside and then shift out.

Kansas City Chiefs pick: OL Joe Staley, Central Michigan

24. New England Patriots

For some reason, I decided against the Pats moving up for CB. I thought about moving them (swapping with Cincinnati) to pick up a safety, but I went against that as well. So what now? There are some linebacking options (Moss/Spencer on the edge, Timmons in a versatile role, and Posluszny perhaps inside). I wouldn’t rule out WR. There are some DB’s still available, but the value seems off. I actually look trade.

Proposed Trade:

San Francisco gets the 24th overall
New England gets the 42nd, 76th, and a 124th

San Francisco bolts up to get a WR, namely, one Dwayne Bowe, someone they know quite well.

San Francisco 49ers pick: WR Dwayne Bowe, LSU

25. Denver Broncos f/ New York Jets

After working out a trade down, they pick up the guy I probably would’ve given them at 21. That’s called a good deal, and they nab their edge guy for Bates to play with.

Denver Broncos pick: DE Jarvis Moss, Florida

26. Philadelphia Eagles

Well … I can anticipate some hate coming from Eagles fans on this one. I can just smell it.

Philadelphia Eagles pick: TE Greg Olsen, the U

Last I checked, LJ Smith as not extended yet. Griffin is intriguing, but I think Olsen might be too tempting.

27. New Orleans Saints

I thought about various trade up opportunities for them. I didn’t like any of them that much. Do they pull the trigger here? I think they do, although a couple trade down thoughts passed the mind. What’s the nod? Corner’s probably the biggest need, but that’s a bit spotty here. LB is a thought, as is DT. WR is a possibility. Where do I go? As tempting as Posluszny is, I pass. There’s enough WR’s to deal with later. The nod still goes with Justin Harrell, who is bound to get some boo’s if I remember the comments from my last mock. But they need to shore up the run game, and Harrell could be an impact DT in that regards.

New Orleans Saints pick: DT Justin Harrell, Tennessee

28. New England Patriots

So they dealt out earlier. What now? Safety may come into play here. That said, I’m looking largely at LB and WR. The nod here may be a slight surprise, but it goes to David Harris as an ILB for them to groom. Close 2nd was Robert Meachem.

New England Patriots pick: ILB David Harris, Michigan

29. Baltimore Ravens

A lot of options available to them at this point. A versatile talent with upside like Lawrence Timmons may be too good to pass up here, though.

Baltimore Ravens pick: LB Lawrence Timmons, Florida State

30. Washington Redskins f/ San Diego Chargers

In that big deal down earlier, Washington picked up some extra assets. OG/DL/DB are all considerations. I hate to say it, but WR can’t be ruled out either. Where do they go? People forget how expertly they worked the draft a few years ago … and I wonder if that could happen again.

Proposed Trade:

Detroit Lions get the 30th and 143rd overall
Washington Redskins get the 34th overall and 101st overall

I just wonder, if Posluszny is sitting here, if he might be too tempting. There’s certainly issues, but he might fit the personality and style Marinelli and Millen might now be searching for. Of course, it’d depend on if they buy Paul as a MIKE in the cover 2, which I think he can be solid, although I’m not sure if he can be great. They may get worried about Chicago and Indianapolis looking at Paul.

Detroit Lions pick: LB Paul Poslusnzy, Penn State

31. Chicago Bears

If Lance Briggs gets moved, that changes everything. As of now, I’m going with the stalemate assumption, and Briggs coming back for one final season and the Bears agreeing to not franchise him next year. So what then? With Brown back, I find it unlikely they go OL here. Maybe at 37. WR is a thought. DT has to be a thought, with rumors of a Tank Johnson suspension. LB depth has to be looked at as well. DB is also another area. So what do they do? It’s quite painful for me to even type this, but

Chicago Bears pick: WR Dwayne Jarrett, Southern California

32. Indianapolis Colts

A DT would’ve been nice, but Harrell’s off, and no one else really warrants it, as McDonald isn’t the type they need if you consider Ray a DT. Actually, I’m going trade

Proposed Trade:

Indianapolis gets the 40th and 108th overall
Miami gets the 32nd

Wasn’t thinking about the Dolphins moving up, but Meachem’s taken a fall, and he gets snapped up here. I think Indy would prefer getting into better positioning for their needs.

Miami Dolphins pick: WR Robert Meachem, Tennessee

bearfan
04-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Bears pick = mucho love. Great mock man, very well explained

Geo
04-12-2007, 06:32 PM
That Bills trade for Turner is laughable.

Addict
04-12-2007, 06:33 PM
very very intruiging read...

I do think you've made a small mistake in the Detroit-Tampa trade.

Detroit Lions get the 4th overall
Tampa Bay gets the 2nd and 35th overall

I mean... I know we won't get perfect value... but the bucs screw us over if it goes down this way :o

Matthew Jones
04-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Not sure about Harris. I don't have him rated that highly, not sure if he can ever play all three downs and someone who can't go out there in every situation probably isn't worth a first round pick in my mind. I have Harris as a mid second-round value, if the Patriots were going to take him I believe they would probably use the #42 which you had they grab from San Francisco on him. There is a chance he will be taken before then, but I don't think that he is so valuable that they just have to have him.

Also, I don't see Robert Meachem at all, unless the Patriots only signed Donte' Stallworth and Kelley Washington to those contracts with "out" clauses after the first year so that they could try to draft and groom their eventual replacements (actually, that sounds briliant, but I don't think it's the case.) Could very well be, though. Perhaps Stallworth and Washington get outed after the first year and Reche Caldwell's deal runs out, giving the Patriots a 1-2-3 of Jackson, Meachem, and Welker for the future?

toonsterwu
04-12-2007, 06:49 PM
That Bills trade for Turner is laughable.

I think Turner's going to get much higher value than anyone anticipates. That equates to a mid-low first, and I don't think that's that far out of the reach.

Put it this way, I don't think AJ Smith makes the deal unless he gets enough assets to move up. Otherwise, I think he holds onto Turner. And in the end, I think a team bites, although I'm not sure.

toonsterwu
04-12-2007, 06:51 PM
very very intruiging read...

I do think you've made a small mistake in the Detroit-Tampa trade.

I mean... I know we won't get perfect value... but the bucs screw us over if it goes down this way :o

No not really. I noted the lack of value in the comments, I'm fairly certain. Remember, the trade value chart is simply a guide. That said, it could take a 2008 2nd to make that happen, as noted.

toonsterwu
04-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Not sure about Harris. I don't have him rated that highly, not sure if he can ever play all three downs and someone who can't go out there in every situation probably isn't worth a first round pick in my mind. I have Harris as a mid second-round value, if the Patriots were going to take him I believe they would probably use the #42 which you had they grab from San Francisco on him. There is a chance he will be taken before then, but I don't think that he is so valuable that they just have to have him.

Also, I don't see Robert Meachem at all, unless the Patriots only signed Donte' Stallworth and Kelley Washington to those contracts with "out" clauses after the first year so that they could try to draft and groom their eventual replacements (actually, that sounds briliant, but I don't think it's the case.) Could very well be, though. Perhaps Stallworth and Washington get outed after the first year and Reche Caldwell's deal runs out, giving the Patriots a 1-2-3 of Jackson, Meachem, and Welker for the future?

2nd part is exactly what I'm thinking. I think there's a good chance they still try to find a future WR as well.

As for part 1, I think Harris is a late 1st/early 2nd. I'm doubtful he is there at 42 in all honesty. Too much buzz on him right now, and a solid 3-4 ILB fit.

JCutlery
04-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Hmm.. It's hard to judge this from a Bronco's standpoint. I'm worried about Jenkins' health obviously. Moss is a decent pick, though.

gang_green03
04-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Interesting with all the trades.

That Jets pick is good and the trades not bad either. I wouldn't be mad if that happened.

Nice job.

thebow305
04-12-2007, 07:16 PM
ok phins pick. I would rather have Ginn or Nelson. Also, is Quinn makes it past the Browns... he is ours! We will trade up for him most likely.

princefielder28
04-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Marshawn Lynch, Joy!

toonsterwu
04-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Hmm.. It's hard to judge this from a Bronco's standpoint. I'm worried about Jenkins' health obviously. Moss is a decent pick, though.

My other consideration, if I removed the Jenkins deal, was to have them deal up for Alan Branch. I think going after Jenkins is a good gamble, though.

toonsterwu
04-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Marshawn Lynch, Joy!

Very exciting isn't it? That Marshawn Lynch pick ... so NEW!

RaiderNation
04-12-2007, 07:52 PM
okay raider pick

mcdlaxbonz13
04-12-2007, 09:23 PM
i think what was meant by u goofin the lions trade is ur giving tampa bay the lions first and 35th when it should be the lions getting tampas first and 35th for the lions first round

nice job on all the trades that was confusing trying to follow who had who's picks, musta taken awhile

toonsterwu
04-12-2007, 09:26 PM
ah okay, thanks.

Jensen
04-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Where did you here that the Cardinals were interested in Levi Brown toonster? I haven't heard anything on that yet.

PalmerToCJ
04-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Perfect for the Bengals.

LitoSheppard
04-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Eww. That's horrible.

bills_red
04-12-2007, 10:40 PM
San Diego Chargers get the 43rd overall and Buffalo’s 2008 1st
rounder.
BAD trade!

BAD pick Jon Beason, we have a WILL

Caddy
04-12-2007, 10:45 PM
I really want to avoid giving away that much compensation for Calvin Johnson despite the fact I really want him in pewter and red.

steel man
04-13-2007, 12:04 AM
you traded the 70th pick twice...just for your info (to Car. and the NY Jets)

WMD
04-13-2007, 03:17 AM
I like the Gaines Adams pick.. and yeah, if we do any kind of trade down.. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lions take Patrick Willis at any spot. They got the extra picks they want, and then they can get the player they love..

Xiomera
04-13-2007, 07:09 AM
I love those Detroit trades, I'm just not sold on Posluszny being our pick. It's questionable as to whether of not he could play the middle in our scheme . . . hmm

Addict
04-13-2007, 07:14 AM
No not really. I noted the lack of value in the comments, I'm fairly certain. Remember, the trade value chart is simply a guide. That said, it could take a 2008 2nd to make that happen, as noted.

Actually you mocked a swap of first-round picks and Tampa also getting our 2nd rounder (#35)... Which... is like paying them to take our pick...