PDA

View Full Version : All Canadians Out There

Billingsley26
04-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Where are all the Canadians at? Im from Mississauga. Where you guys from, school, you play football, OVFL?

Draft King
04-12-2007, 08:19 PM
There is already a thread about this from like a couple days ago... I play JV though.

Big Mike
04-12-2007, 08:22 PM
From Brampton - St.Marguerite D;Youvlle High School

Draft King
04-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Haha, that was the name of my elementary.

Moses
04-12-2007, 08:26 PM
What is the OVFL?

Billingsley26
04-12-2007, 08:26 PM
who you play for in JV...i was with mississauga, now with halton

i played against D'Youville in football, i went to Xavier, we beat you guys twice last year.

Billingsley26
04-12-2007, 08:28 PM
What is the OVFL?

The Ontario Varsity Football League. There are two levels JV (under 16) and Sr (under 19). It is compared to the OHL for football. There are about 20 teams i believe from all over Ontario. Pretty competitive league. Id say that many, many players out of this league go to the CIS.

Moses
04-12-2007, 08:29 PM
The Ontario Varsity Football League. There are two levels JV (under 16) and Sr (under 19). It is compared to the OHL for football. There are about 20 teams i believe from all over Ontario. Pretty competitive league. Id say that many, many players out of this league go to the CIS.

So is this high school football or what? All the good football players I've known about play in high school, not an external league.

Big Mike
04-12-2007, 08:30 PM

i played against D'Youville in football, i went to Xavier, we beat you guys twice last year.

DY sucks in football. I may join at Rb next year. The coaches are desperate to have me. But Dyouville thrives in Basketball. Easliy top 3 program in Ontario.

Billingsley26
04-12-2007, 08:32 PM
DY sucks in football. I may join at Rb next year. The coaches are desperate to have me. But Dyouville thrives in Basketball. Easliy top 3 program in Ontario.

Ya i know, they were allright last year, but sucked this year. Basketball is crazy there, you guys killed us all the time.

Billingsley26
04-12-2007, 08:34 PM
So is this high school football or what? All the good football players I've known about play in high school, not an external league.

This is better tha Highschool. This is comparable to the OHL as i said. Probabl the best highschools guys play on this team. Its open to anyone to tryout, but it is very competitive. Great league. Almost anyone who goes on to play CIS has probably played in the OVFL (coming from ontario that is). where you from? they probably have a team.

Draft King

Cumberland Panthers, they went undefeated in the season last year but choked in the playoffs, we're probably a top team in the province and have a good shot at winning it all this year.

Moses
This is better tha Highschool. This is comparable to the OHL as i said. Probabl the best highschools guys play on this team. Its open to anyone to tryout, but it is very competitive. Great league. Almost anyone who goes on to play CIS has probably played in the OVFL (coming from ontario that is). where you from? they probably have a team.

I'm from outside of Ottawa.

Moses
04-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Cumberland Panthers, they went undefeated in the season last year but choked in the playoffs, we're probably a top team in the province and have a good shot at winning it all this year.

I played against Cumberland in hockey. They ran our show.

etk
From Central Toronto, play for Northern SS in the TDSSAA (HS), play MTW in Jr. OV.

Draft King
I'm from outside of Ottawa.

You're still from Ontario though so you should have at least heard of it before.

etk
04-12-2007, 08:36 PM

Haha I think I'm playing you in Ottawa, what position are you?

Draft King
04-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Haha I think I'm playing you in Ottawa, what position are you?

They either want me playing RB (not likely), or inside reciever, they haven't made up their minds. What team/position you play?

Moses
04-12-2007, 08:37 PM
You're still from Ontario though so you should have at least heard of it before.

Never heard of it. Everybody just plays high school ball here.

Billingsley26
04-12-2007, 08:38 PM

Thats funny because Ottawa MYers Riders and Ottawa Cumberland Panthers have always decent teams. as though i can remember.

Chucky
04-12-2007, 08:39 PM
From Central Toronto, play for Northern SS in the TDSSAA (HS), play MTW in Jr. OV.

Do u no Daniel Seifer, he plays for the Northern Team

Draft King
04-12-2007, 08:39 PM

I hadn't heard of it until this year. I played both High School and for the Canterbury Mustangs. I ended up making the all-star game so they decided to contact me and ask me to try out. It's really competitive, for my team there is 90+ people trying out for a team that's going to fit 45.

etk
04-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Do u no Daniel Seifer, he plays for the Northern Team

He's my brother's friend's brother, but I don't know him too well. He played Jr. and I played Sr.

Moses
04-12-2007, 08:40 PM
I hadn't heard of it until this year. I played both High School and for the Canterbury Mustangs. I ended up making the all-star game so they decided to contact me and ask me to try out. It's really competitive, for my team there is 90+ people trying out for a team that's going to fit 45.

That's really weird because a lot of the kids from my high school team were recruited to All-Star teams and by universities. Plus, they're from one of the best teams in the province.

Chucky
04-12-2007, 08:41 PM
He's my brother's friend's brother, but I don't know him too well. He played Jr. and I played Sr.

Gotcha.........

Big Mike
04-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Are any of you guys really fast? My 40 Time is 4.7, do you guys consider that fast at age 16?? Because of that, my diezed ass, broad shoulders and strength my school's coaches want me to join the team.

Draft King
04-12-2007, 08:42 PM
That's really weird because a lot of the kids from my high school team were recruited to All-Star teams and by universities.

They're not going to recruit a grade 10 for university. This is my chance to improve my skills and at least get a bit of rep out there.

etk
04-12-2007, 08:42 PM
They either want me playing RB (not likely), or inside reciever, they haven't made up their minds. What team/position you play?

That's awesome, I'm an OLB so maybe I'll get at you head-to-head :D I'm probably gonna be #33 again.

Draft King
04-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Are any of you guys really fast? My 40 Time is 4.7, do you guys consider that fast at age 16?? Because of that, my diezed ass, broad shoulders and strength my school's coaches want me to join the team.

I ran a 4.9 but I would consider it faster if I hadn't just come off a broken ankle, was still in major pain. Fastest time at my camp was 4.67 coming off a 6'2' 16 year old so that's actually nice for you age.

Draft King
04-12-2007, 08:45 PM
That's awesome, I'm an OLB so maybe I'll get at you head-to-head :D I'm probably gonna be #33 again.

What team though??? Watch, I'll be catching them footballs on you all day, you'll think I'm going one way but I'll actually be behind you for a TD. I shouldn't be talking this early though, the coaches might not even start me because it's my 1st year for JV and because my ankle .. Most likely though, I'll be facing up against you.

Big Mike
04-12-2007, 08:46 PM
:mad: I ran a 4.9 but I would consider it faster if I hadn't just come off a broken ankle, was still in major pain. Fastest time at my camp was 4.67 coming off a 6'2' 16 year old so that's actually nice for you age.

I see thanks. At trackmeets theres a kid name Phillip Hayle that Goes To Edmund Campion. He my age and runs a 10.9 100m time. I fu**in jealous of him. Ill find a link

Billingsley26
04-12-2007, 08:47 PM
ya im 17 6'3 215 and i ran a 4.75 at a combine, i think taht solid for me.

Eaglez.Fan
04-12-2007, 08:47 PM
DK isn't that good, he wasn't even the best on his touch football team. (St.Pats)

Draft King
04-12-2007, 08:48 PM
DK isn't that good, he wasn't even the best on his touch football team.

Haha, that team was a joke, I was in that for fun. I wasn't even there for the finals because I was at the Mustangs.

Eaglez.Fan
04-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Haha, that team was a joke, I was in that for fun. I wasn't even there for the finals because I was at the Mustangs.

I'm talkin about St.Pats, you know Sean is better than you.;)

Draft King
04-12-2007, 08:50 PM
DK isn't that good, he wasn't even the best on his touch football team. (St.Pats)

Psh, I tore up the St. Pat's Intermediate team though man. Every game, at least 2 INTs and 1 TD. Only reason I wasn't at my best for the finals was because I sprained my hamstring. Still had 2 INTs that game though. We tore your team up in the finals that year.

Big Mike
04-12-2007, 08:51 PM
http://www.runnersweb.com/running/rw_news_frameset.html?http://www.runnersweb.com/running/news/rw_news_20060814_AC_Legion.html

he's the 1st name under the men's section. I swear he's making the olympics. Rumor has it that when D'Youville 4x100 really team (my team that im on) went to OFSSA for a meet, Donovan Bailey was there and now trains with him. My team came 5th by the way...pretty good for alll of Ontario

Draft King
04-12-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm talkin about St.Pats, you know Sean is better than you.;)

He dreams about being better than me. He was actually over the other day and I tore him up.

Draft King
04-12-2007, 08:52 PM
http://www.runnersweb.com/running/rw_news_frameset.html?http://www.runnersweb.com/running/news/rw_news_20060814_AC_Legion.html

he's the 1st name under the men's section. I swear he's making the olympics. Rumor has it that when D'Youville 4x100 really team (my team that im on) went to OFSSA for a meet, Donovan Bailey was there and now trains with him. My team came 5th by the way...pretty good for alll of Ontario

How old is he??? Fastest kid I know runs in 11.12 seconds.. he's in grade 9 but failed a grade. Pretty sure he's turning 16 this later this year.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
04-12-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm from Ottawa. A lot of people I know told me to try out for the Riders JV OVFL, but I decided I'm not ready. I'll just stick to NCAFA Midget and high school this year. Maybe Varsity OVFL the year after.

Big Mike
04-12-2007, 08:53 PM
How old is he??? Fastest kid I know runs in 11.12 seconds.. he's in grade 9 but failed a grade. Pretty sure he's turning 16 this later this year.

He's my age. Meaning that he's turning 16 this year. He used to be a humble guy when I used to talk to him. Now I heard that he is a cocky runner.

04-12-2007, 08:53 PM
And DK, is your HS team tier 2?

Draft King
04-12-2007, 08:55 PM
And DK, is your HS team tier 2?

We were in tier 1 but I think we might move down after that terrible season we just had, almost positive. After next year we should be back in tier 1 though because 2 is going to actually be so easy, undefeated for sure. We have all the same players back from last year except with 1 year more experience.

Billingsley26
04-12-2007, 08:56 PM
I'm from Ottawa. A lot of people I know told me to try out for the Riders JV OVFL, but I decided I'm not ready. I'll just stick to NCAFA Midget and high school this year. Maybe Varsity OVFL the year after.

Trust me man, playing OV will help you alot. It is the highest level and calibre you will see in ontario, other than CIS. I would advise you to play. Just my thinking, but i think its great.

Draft King
04-12-2007, 08:57 PM

You should have played.. I know for sure we play Myers. What's your NCAFA team again?? I know somebody playing Midget West Carleton this year. He'll be O-Line.

frogstomp
04-12-2007, 09:31 PM
:mad:

I see thanks. At trackmeets theres a kid name Phillip Hayle that Goes To Edmund Campion. He my age and runs a 10.9 100m time. I fu**in jealous of him. Ill find a link

When I went to Manitoba provincials, we had a guy that ran a 10.7.

I was in the same heat, and ran an 11.3. Sad day. However, the 800 was my specialty, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

Big Mike
04-12-2007, 09:33 PM
When I went to Manitoba provencials, we had a guy that ran a 10.7.

I was in the same heat, and ran an 11.3. Sad day. However, the 800 was my specialty, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

I see. WHeres he guy now?

frogstomp
04-12-2007, 09:35 PM
I see. WHeres he guy now?

I have no idea. I was in grade ten at the time, and I'm in University now. I have other things to care about.

04-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Trust me man, playing OV will help you alot. It is the highest level and calibre you will see in ontario, other than CIS. I would advise you to play. Just my thinking, but i think its great.

Yeah, but I'm REALLY not ready. I don't even know why some of my friends tried to convince me to, but it had something to do with NCAFA politics though or whatever. I need to get in much better shape, and be much stronger. I plan on it next year, although I'll be young, I probably need more experience against guys my size, which wasn't the case in Bantam or HS, where I was bigger than everyone.

You should have played.. I know for sure we play Myers. What's your NCAFA team again?? I know somebody playing Midget West Carleton this year. He'll be O-Line.

I'm Knights. But yeah, if you guys go Tier 2, you might play Trinity. Prepare to only win by a smallish margin.

ironman4579
04-12-2007, 09:49 PM
I played high school ball in Saskatchewan. Woohoo. But it was from '93 to '97. I played corner, but being like 5'8, 170, and running a 40 that could be timed with a sundial, no one was exactly beating down my door. I did start for 2 years though. But since almost no team actually threw more than 2 passes a game.............................................. ................Baseball was my game anyway.

etk
04-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Not ready for Jr. OV? C'mon Chris, the Jr. OV is a joke. It might just be my team (MTW), but there's a lot of kids who shouldn't put on equipment at all. The athleticism and size is very poor in the league, so there's no reason to fear it or think you're not ready. We sucked last year but we would've beaten Myers if I didn't drop an INT (sure TD) before the half.

PACKmanN
04-12-2007, 11:29 PM
Where are all the Canadians at? Im from Mississauga. Where you guys from, school, you play football, OVFL?

Im from Toronto Ontario mainly in Etobicoke. I did play football for the Don Bosco Eagles and ever seen i left they s**ked (i heard they were 2-8 last year lol.) Coach Rob Ford wanted me to come and play for the Etobicoke Eagles but turned it down, i dont know what i was thinking.

Billingsley26
04-13-2007, 12:28 PM
Ya i would've gone for sure. I know a couple coaches at Etobicoke in John Engel and Terry Elik. Good coaches,sick team, they probably have some big sheos to fill this year.

Belish
04-13-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm from Richmond Hill, Ontario. Graduated from Richmond Hill High School last year. I messed up my shoulder in grade 10 so I had to give up football. I played RG and I wasn't any good. I came out for the Markham Raiders at the end of my grade 10 year but my shoulder wasn't holding up well. I've been doing a bit of baseball coaching for my high school and I want to sign up for a clinic.

HoopsDemon12
04-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Ya im from saskatoon and im never able to strap on a helmet ever again:( thats what 12 concussions do for you....i was our leading scorer every year till i didnt know left from right...god dam human body...

JF4
04-13-2007, 02:05 PM

I don't think the OHL is a good is a good comparison at all. I know people that play for OVFL and JVFL teams that are actually very bad. They also play for pretty good teams (Myers, Cumberland). The level of competition in the OVFL is pretty overated IMO and although it may be the best football you can find in Ontario for 18 and unders, I think you can find about the same competition in a high school game between two good teams.

etk
04-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Im from Toronto Ontario mainly in Etobicoke. I did play football for the Don Bosco Eagles and ever seen i left they s**ked (i heard they were 2-8 last year lol.) Coach Rob Ford wanted me to come and play for the Etobicoke Eagles but turned it down, i dont know what i was thinking.

Do you know Steven Adu?

Billingsley26
04-14-2007, 09:43 PM
I don't think the OHL is a good is a good comparison at all. I know people that play for OVFL and JVFL teams that are actually very bad. They also play for pretty good teams (Myers, Cumberland). The level of competition in the OVFL is pretty overated IMO and although it may be the best football you can find in Ontario for 18 and unders, I think you can find about the same competition in a high school game between two good teams.

Ya your right, I guess what i was going to say was the layout was much like the OHL with 20 teams that I know of (a couple new ones are coming in) and how the divisions are.

mfkrush
04-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Do you know Steven Adu?

Any relation to Freddy?

Big Mike
04-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Any relation to Freddy?

LMAO, doubt it. And I hate Freddy, hge didnt play for my native country (ghana) but the USA instead. Or at least he tried to, he didnt make it:)