PDA

View Full Version : 23Trufant mock (something never seen)

23trufant
04-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Just trying to mix it up a bit so dont destroy me.

---- Chicago trades LB Lance Briggs and the 31st pick to Washington for the 6th pick.

---- Chicago trades the 6th pick, 2nd rounder this year and a 1st next year to Oakland for the 1st pick.

---- Detroit trades the 2nd pick to Arizona for the 5th pick, Bryant Johnson and 3rd rounder.

---- Seattle trades Darrell Jackson to Minnesota for 2nd rounder.

Round 1

1. Chicago (from Oakland) - Calvin Johnson, WR Georgia Tech
A crazy day for the Bears, they end up getting the top pick in the draft and give Rex Grossman a great target. Calvin Johnson gets to the pros but his QB doesnt get much better, JK. (I know the Bears turned down the trade for Briggs but I still think they might take it)

2. Arizona (from Detroit) - Joe Thomas, OT Wisconsin
Arizona had a good chance to land Thomas at 5 but could not afford to take a chance. Joe Thomas will make a big impact right away and should have some great coaching.

3. Cleveland - JaMarcus Russell, QB LSU
Phil Savage has known JaMarcus since he was in high school and they have formed a bond. Charlie Frye has not shown the skills of being a franchise QB, so the Browns take Russell.

4. Tampa Bay - Amobi Okoye, DT Louisville
Tampa Bay would probably try to trade this pick if they cant trade up for Johnson, but they have a chance at the drafts best DT and they just happen to have a huge hole there.

5. Detroit (from Arizona) - Gaines Adams, DE Clemson
Detroit got lucky Tampe Bay passed on Adams, but they got their guy. Adams should be a huge help to a Dline thats needs alot of help.

6. Oakland (from Chicago / Washington)- Brady Quinn, QB Notre Dame
Kinda got stuck here and did not know who to take, Im sure Rock can help me out. I took Quinn because they are supposedly trying to trade for Josh McCown and Quinn has to be a better option than McCown and Walter.

7. Minnesota - Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma
Chester Taylor had a good year last year and suprised alot of people, but he carried the ball almost more than anyone else in the NFL did. Peterson and Taylor should give who ever ends up being the QB a great running game.

8. Atlanta - LaRon Landry, S LSU
The Falcons are all over this guy. He should be a huge help to them right away, he is going to be a great player.

9. Miami - Ted Ginn Jr, WR Ohio State
Though he has been injuried most of the offseason, he should still be the 2nd WR taken in the draft. He will take over the return game from Wes Welker, who is now with the Patriots, and should help out whomever is the QB.

10. Houston - Leon Hall, CB Michigan
Dunta Robinson is the only quality defensive back on the team. Hall should provide much need help on the side opposite Robinson.

11. San Francisco - Adam Carriker, DE Nebraska
A great 3-4 player, he should start from day 1. Carriker will help improve the 49ers defense which has already done alot durring the offseason.

12. Buffalo - Patrick Willis, LB Ole Miss
Patrick Willis is a great player, who should fit in very will in Buffalo. He should fill in geat for London Flether who left in FA this offseason.

13. St. Louis - Alan Branch, DT Michigan
The Rams are trying to trade for Kris Jenkins, but I doubt the Panthers will trade a star player to a division rival. Branch should procide an immediate upgrade.

14. Carolina - Levi Jones, OT Penn State
Though Jake Delhomme gets blamed for all the offensive struggles in Carolina, its not all his fault. The offensive line disappointed last year and a change is needed.

15. Pittsburgh - Jamaal Anderson, DE Arkansas
The Steelers lack a good pass rush and Anderson should be able to help them improve that.

16. Green Bay - Marshawn Lynch, RB California
Should be a big factor in the offense right away. Farve will help him out alot, and he will help Farve out alot, nice match.

17. Jacksonville - Reggie Nelson, S Florida
Will help make up for the departure of Deon Grant. Nelson is a playmaker in the defensive and should only make the Jags a better all around D.

18. Cincinnati - Jon Beason, LB - Miami
The Bengals have not had good luck with LBs in the past, Beason will look to change that. Beason is a great prospect who should help spark the Cinny D.

19. Tennessee - Darrell Revis, CB Pittsburgh
Pacman's gone and their is not much depth after him. Revis is in a fight for the top CB spot.

20. New York Giants - Paul Posluszny, LB Penn State
Lawerence Timmons may be the more athletic LB but he only has 1 year of starting experience. The Poz should be able to start right away for the Giants.

21. Denver - Jarvis Moss, DE Florida
Im not a fan of Jarvis Moss but the Broncos need a DE and he is probably the top rated one left.

22. Dallas - Anthony Spencer, DE Purdue
Dallas has DeMarcus Ware on one side but they need a compliment to him on the other. Spencer is agreat fit at OLB in a 3-4.

23. Kansas City - Robert Meachem, WR Tennessee
The Cheifs have needed a top WR for years now, and final they break down and take one. Meachem will give Huard another target.

24. New England (from Seattle) - Chris Houston, CB Arkansas
Asante Samuel wants out of New England so its time to find someone who wants in. Houston should be good insurane if Samuel is traded.

25. New York Jets - Greg Olsen, TE Miami
Olsen could go higher than this but falls some. The Jets jump for him to give Pennington an extra option and Clemens a target for the future.

26. Philadelphia - Michael Griffin, S Texas
Brian Dawkins is still an elite saftey but they really do not have a player beside him. If the get Griffin they might also be able to squeeze acouple of more years out of Dawkins if his work load is not so high.

27. New Orleans - Aaron Ross, CB Texas
A huge need, the Saint CBs outside of Mike McKenzie are well below average. Ross will provide youth and skills that are needed.

28. New England - Lawrence Timmons, OLB Florida State
Adalious Thomas was a good signing but the Patriots still need to add youth to the LB position. Timmons is a great athlete but just needs some more coaching.

29. Baltimore - Joe Staley, OT Central Michigan
Johnathon Ogden is on the verge of retiring and Joe Staley has become a very highly regarded player. Staley could learn from one of the games best for a year then take over.

30. San Diego - David Bowe, WR LSU
McCardell was released and while some of the other WRs have shown some promise they could still use an upgrade.

31. Washington (from Chicago) - Victor Abiamiri, DE Notre Dame
May be a little bit of a reach but I really like him. He is still a bit raw but should continue to get better.

32. Indianapolis - Justin Harrell, DT Tennesse
He and McFarland should help stop some of the problemes they had last year on defense.

Round 2

33. Oakland - Dwayne Jarrett, WR USC
Lane Kiffin could not pass on Jarrett in the 2nd round. I still expect Randy Moss to be traded so this is a good pick.

34. Detroit - David Harris, LB Michigan
A very good player who should with the additon of Gaines Adams help the defense alot.

35. Tampa Bay - Anthony Gonzalez, WR Ohio State
Tampa Bay misses out on Calvin Johnson in the first and comes close to landing Jarrett in the 2nd but just misses. They will settle for Gonzalez who is a fine prospect in his own right.

36. Cleveland - Tanard Jackson, CB Syracuse
Leigh Bodden is pretty much their only CB.

37. Oakland (from Chicago) - Zach Miller, TE Arizona State
Should provide Quinn with a nice secruity blanket.

38. Arizona - Eric Wright, CB UNLV
Antrell Rolle is a decent player but not what the team expected him to be.

39. Atlanta (from Houston) - Charles Johnson, DE Georgia
Patrick Kearnry is gone and they need someone opposite John Abraham who always seems to get hurt.

40. Miami - Trent Edwards, QB Stanford
Miami does not know what is going to happen with their QBs.

41. Seattle (from Minnesota) - Ben Grubbs, OG Aubrun
Kinda forgot about him but he could fall its not that huge. Minnesota opts for a proven player for Travarious Jackson to pass to instead of a rookie WR.

42. San Francisco - Steve Smith, WR USC
Steve Smith gets a chance to stay on the west coast close to home. He will give Alex Smith anothe option.

43. Buffalo - Antonio Pittman, RB Ohio State
Willis McGahee was traded this offseason and left a huge hole at RB.

44. Atlanta - Michael Bush, RB Louisville
A Petrino product, Warrick Dunn can not produce much longer.

45. Carolina - Brandon Meriweather, S Miami
Big time steal here and a huge need.

46. Pittsburgh - Justin Blalock, OG Texas
Provides depth and should take over soon, Steelers Oline disappointed last season.

47. Green Bay - Ryan Kalili, C USC
Green Bay has a decent line but cant afford to pass up on Kalil.

48. Jacksonville - Justin Durant, LB Hampton
Jacksonville could use some help at LB and Durant is very versital.

49. Cincinnati - Marcus McCauley, CB Fresno State
They need someone opposite Jonathon Joesph, Tory James is gone and Deltha Oneal is not a starter.

50. Tennessee - Craig Davis, WR LSU
Drew Bennett and Bobby Wade left in FA and Vinve Young needs some more talented WRs.

51. New York Giants - Tank Tyler, DT NC State
Giants need some depth at DT, they have good DEs.

52. St. Louis - Sidney Rice, WR South Carolina
Tory Holt is still a top WR, but Bruce is about 40 and Drew Bennett is a better 3rd WR.

53. Dallas - Aaron Sears, G/T Tennessee
Could replace Flozell Adams in the future.

54. Kansas City - Turk McBride, DT Tennessee
Chiefs have picked DTs high before and it hasnt worked out for them.

55. Seattle - Tim Crowder, DE Texas
The Seahawks signed Patrick Kearney this offseason and dafted Tapp last year in the 2nd, but need some more depth. Crowder and Tapp should be able to hold down the side opposite Kearney.

56. Denver - Ryan Harris, OT Notre Dame
Traded George Foster this offseason and they have holes in the Oline.

57. Philadelphia - Brian Leonard, RB Rutgers
Brian Westbrook could use a bigger back behind him.

58. New Orleans - Jason Hill, WR Washington State
Joe Horn left during the offseason and depth is needed.

59. New York Jets - Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE Hawaii
Good pick by the Jets is a good 3-4.

60. Miami - Jonathan Wade, CB Tennessee
Miami's defensive backs have disappointed the last couple of years.

61. Baltimore - Josh Wilson, CB Maryland
Rolle is not what he used to be.

62. San Diego - Brandon Siler, LB Florida
They lost Donnie Edwards this offseason and the other ILB.

63. New York Jets (from Chicago) - Lamarr Woodley, DE/OLB Michigan
Another player to help make the transition to the 3-4 complete.

64. Tampa Bay (from Indianapolis) - Daymeion Hughes, CB Cal
Fits perfect in Tampas systems.

T-Rat42
04-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Wow. I gotta say I would be extremely surprised to see all this happen. Kudos though for coming up with something original. I'm a Vikings fan and that would be almost my worst dream come true to see Calvin go to the Bears.

23trufant
04-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Wow. I gotta say I would be extremely surprised to see all this happen. Kudos though for coming up with something original. I'm a Vikings fan and that would be almost my worst dream come true to see Calvin go to the Bears.

Haha yea that would suck for the Vikings to go against Calvin 2 times a year.

Just so everyone knows....I do not really think this will happen but just messing around, while being sorta realistic.

RaiderNation
04-12-2007, 09:10 PM
oviously u r a bears fan cuz that will not happen

mcdlaxbonz13
04-12-2007, 09:13 PM
i think the raiders would take AP with their first rounder, just cause i still can't see al davis taking a qb

23trufant
04-12-2007, 09:15 PM
i think the raiders would take AP with their first rounder, just cause i still can't see al davis taking a qb

Lamont Jordan, Rohdes and AP might be a bit much

plus they have 2 running FBs in Justin Griffin and Zach Crockett

Geo
04-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Even if it's Calvin Johnson, I can't see Jerry Angelo paying for the first overall pick within the framework of building his team.

haccess
04-12-2007, 09:23 PM
I think you mean Levi Brown instead of Levi Jones. :)
Carolina had offensive line struggles because of injuries to two of our starting linemen, they're healthy now. We honestly don't need a tackle.

23trufant
04-12-2007, 09:42 PM
I think you mean Levi Brown instead of Levi Jones. :)
Carolina had offensive line struggles because of injuries to two of our starting linemen, they're healthy now. We honestly don't need a tackle.

Haha my fault

But im not sold on Travelle Wharton, even though he is still young. Also Even Mathis could be upgraded at OG even though he to is still very young.

I live in Charlotte and the Charlotte Observer and most of the sports radio shows have been talking about the contracts of Steve Smith, Julius Peppers and Jordan Gross. All three are going to be needing new contracts very soon and the can not afford to give huge contracts to all three so Levi Brown could be the replacement for Gross if the Panthers opt not to resign him.

ripdw27
04-12-2007, 09:48 PM
i dont like jarvis moss either, denver being one of the more aggressive off season teams im suprised you dont have them trading up, i really hate seeing them sit at 21 while there in need of a top 15 caliber DE/pass rusher.

23trufant
04-12-2007, 09:55 PM
i dont like jarvis moss either, denver being one of the more aggressive off season teams im suprised you dont have them trading up, i really hate seeing them sit at 21 while there in need of a top 15 caliber DE/pass rusher.

What about Jamaal Anderson, he is only 2 picks away. It wouldnt cost much maybe a 3rd and a 6th to move up 2 picks, but get a way better player IMO.

T-RICH49
04-12-2007, 10:11 PM
McBride is not bad but I prefer Hughes though

go_ravens94
04-12-2007, 10:12 PM
LOVE the Ravens picks! Best ever!

The Dynasty
04-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Yeah that ship has sailed with the trade with Briggs and the redskins. I do like giving up a 2nd for a Proven Receiver in the NFL. Then getting AD. The offense would have gone from Really Horrible to Almost Good.

PalmerToCJ
04-12-2007, 10:16 PM
I can dig that Bengals mock.

haccess
04-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Haha my fault

But im not sold on Travelle Wharton, even though he is still young. Also Even Mathis could be upgraded at OG even though he to is still very young.

I live in Charlotte and the Charlotte Observer and most of the sports radio shows have been talking about the contracts of Steve Smith, Julius Peppers and Jordan Gross. All three are going to be needing new contracts very soon and the can not afford to give huge contracts to all three so Levi Brown could be the replacement for Gross if the Panthers opt not to resign him.
Well, Joe Staley would be a much better fit in the zone blocking system that our offensive line is moving to. I'm not saying take Staley at 14, I'm just saying Brown probably isn't our guy.

Richardson said he believed they could get all three of those players signed long-term, and I don't doubt they will. Putting Jenkins on the trade block probably has a lot to do with clearing the cap space to make it happen.

Also, we're practically neighbors; I'm right up the road in Concord. :highfive:

Paranoidmoonduck
04-12-2007, 10:38 PM
It would cost a lot more than that to move from 6 to 1. Just so you know.

Also, Jarrett and Kiffin reportedly didn't get along at USC, I doubt he brings him to Oakland.

Jensen
04-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Not too thrilled about the Cardinals trade, but I'll take it.

LitoSheppard
04-12-2007, 10:41 PM
I love the Eagles first round pick, the explanation was wrong though. Considine is our guy and Griffin would be replacing Dawkins and rotating with Dawkins for a few years till he retires. Considine is our SS, i promise that
RD 2 i like the pick, I would much rather have Buster Davis though, Brian Leanord isn't in my top 3 for the second round ( Buster Davis, Tanard Jackson, then Victor Abrami, THEN Brian Leanord is how my order goes.. it is still good though. I would give it a B on the Eagles

Caddy
04-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Your 2nd round selection for the Bucs are poor at best. The Bucs would take a fair few players before Gonzalez including Merriweather, Kalil and Johnson to name a few. And Daymeion Hughes is not worth a 2nd rounder anymore, maybe on Day 2.

23trufant
04-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Your 2nd round selection for the Bucs are poor at best. The Bucs would take a fair few players before Gonzalez including Merriweather, Kalil and Johnson to name a few. And Daymeion Hughes is not worth a 2nd rounder anymore, maybe on Day 2.

Who would you want instead of Hughes that has not been taken? Ill change it.

23trufant
04-12-2007, 10:58 PM
It would cost a lot more than that to move from 6 to 1. Just so you know.

Also, Jarrett and Kiffin reportedly didn't get along at USC, I doubt he brings him to Oakland.

I didnt know that about Kiffin and Jarrett.

What do you think about the Quinn pick though?

thebow305
04-13-2007, 12:09 AM
I LOVE YOU.... Absolutely perfect first 2 rounds for the phins. Great job man!

RaiderNation
04-13-2007, 12:39 AM

u know that trade wont happen

KCJ58
04-13-2007, 01:06 AM
Love The Rams Draft!

Paranoidmoonduck
04-13-2007, 01:52 AM

At that spot it's likely the best pick that can be made, but I wouldn't put it past Al Davis to pick Peterson or even Tedd Ginn at that spot.

BIG Country
04-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Haha my fault

One other thing you are forgetting is that Carolina is switching to the ZBS. Athletic (i.e. Quick) OL are what they are looking for. Brown isn't that. Mathis probably won't be the starter at RG. Geoff Hangartner or Jeremy Bridges most likely will be.

Bills2083
04-13-2007, 10:16 AM
Perfect Bills draft

23trufant
04-13-2007, 12:49 PM
u know that trade wont happen

Oh definately wont but just for fun who would you like in that situation

princefielder28
04-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Regardless of the trades Green Bay still gets Marshawn

Yung Flippa
04-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Great Ravens picks

asmitty45
04-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Gaines is a first pick , but harris will be around in the third round i think the lions would jump on Merriwether/EWright there

neko4
04-14-2007, 12:22 AM
dont ever say your draft is something never seen or its real great...it pisses people off
good Green Bay pick

DraftMasterG
04-14-2007, 12:43 AM
homerun pick fopr green bay.

raidersfan86
04-14-2007, 12:44 AM
homerun? wrong sport jackass

DraftMasterG
04-14-2007, 12:44 AM
Slam dunk pick for green bay.

islandboy843
04-14-2007, 12:45 AM
LOL These guys are crazy.

islandboy843
04-14-2007, 12:47 AM
Oh yeah. That is a great pick for TEN.

raidersfan86
04-14-2007, 12:48 AM
slam dunk? wrong sport jackass

DraftMasterG
04-14-2007, 12:49 AM
Oh yeah. That is a great pick for TEN.

you should check my mock draft out it hink i accidnetaly bumped it to page 2 on accident because of all the great ideas that have struck my mind throughout the night.

raidersfan86
04-14-2007, 12:49 AM
hey draftmaster how did you make your sig???

DraftMasterG
04-14-2007, 01:05 AM
well i copy and pasted it from a place and it was calvin johnson so it deserved its own signature.

raidersfan86
04-14-2007, 01:12 AM
can you teach me how to do that

Buttered toast sonic
04-14-2007, 01:35 AM
great eagles picks.

23trufant
04-14-2007, 11:31 AM
dont ever say your draft is something never seen or its real great...it pisses people off
good Green Bay pick

Have you ever seen that?

ripdw27
04-14-2007, 11:45 AM
What about Jamaal Anderson, he is only 2 picks away. It wouldnt cost much maybe a 3rd and a 6th to move up 2 picks, but get a way better player IMO.

jamaal anderson IS a top 15 CALIBER player.. they probly will trade up for him if he slips.

23trufant
04-14-2007, 12:02 PM
jamaal anderson IS a top 15 CALIBER player.. they probly will trade up for him if he slips.

Yea, I updated it but didnt post it. I have Jamaal Anderson going to the Steelers and Revis to the Titans.