PDA

View Full Version : Torrents..

Cockeymofo76
07-27-2006, 03:57 AM
I'm just wondering what all your guys' thoughts are on torrent downloading... or the downloading of files legally or illegally via peer 2 peer software...

Are the tracker sites that post these files liable?

Does the MPAA have the right to sue over such downloads? (not legal.. that is obvious its moral im wondering about)

Are the people that are doing this amoral, criminals or just mis-guided?

Why do You use ... or not use P2P?

Cockeymofo76
07-27-2006, 04:04 AM
I will start if off

First no, torrent trackers shouldn't be liable because they are not posting the torrents themselves.. if they are hosting the files on their servers then yes but other than that NO

MPAA is lazy they have been exploiting the fact they are the only game in town for a long time, they can virtually raise the price of movies to any price they want.. they need to instead of blame US they need to make their movies impossible to steal until the date of release ... Camcorders are impossible to stop.. and who likes CAMS anyway i know i don't

People that do this .. around 2 million range from amoral to mis-guided to those who blatantly don't care that some of their releases mainly indy films actually do hurt the bottom line..

I use it because its away for me to preview movies.. i was going to buy freedom land the previews looked cool .. OH HOW WRONG I WAS

Advice for u paranoid and non-paranoid P2P dl'ers out their dl Peer Guardian.. it guards ur IP against KNOWN fakes and MPAA servers... I HIGHLY RECCOMEND IT

Vespasian
07-27-2006, 04:10 AM
I will start if off

First no, torrent trackers shouldn't be liable because they are not posting the torrents themselves.. if they are hosting the files on their servers then yes but other than that NO

MPAA is lazy they have been exploiting the fact they are the only game in town for a long time, they can virtually raise the price of movies to any price they want.. they need to instead of blame US they need to make their movies impossible to steal until the date of release ... Camcorders are impossible to stop.. and who likes CAMS anyway i know i don't

People that do this .. around 2 million range from amoral to mis-guided to those who blatantly don't care that some of their releases mainly indy films actually do hurt the bottom line..

I use it because its away for me to preview movies.. i was going to buy freedom land the previews looked cool .. OH HOW WRONG I WAS

Advice for u paranoid and non-paranoid P2P dl'ers out their dl Peer Guardian.. it guards ur IP against KNOWN fakes and MPAA servers... I HIGHLY RECCOMEND IT

Thanks for the tip.

rchrd
07-27-2006, 06:44 AM
I dont know how I ever used the internet until I got round to downloading PG a while back.