PDA

View Full Version : Raiders sign OG Cooper Carlisle

Windy
04-13-2007, 03:20 AM
Solid addition to the OL. Veteran with ZBS experience.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5656514

Cooper Carlisle will be at Invesco Field at Mile High for the Broncos' home opener this season. But he'll be on the other sideline ... in silver and black.
Carlisle agreed to terms Thursday night to a two-year contract with the Oakland Raiders.
The Broncos host Oakland on Sept. 16 in the second week of the season. Carlisle was a starting guard for the Broncos the past two years and likely will start for the Raiders, who mimic Denver's zone-blocking scheme. Oakland recently signed former Denver offensive lineman Cornell Green.
Carlisle, 29, was drafted by Denver in the fourth round in 2000. The Broncos had an offer for Carlisle to return, but Denver is going to allow newly signed Montrae Holland and second-year player Chris Kuper to compete at guard. Carlisle visited Seattle, Tampa Bay and Houston before agreeing with the Raiders.
"Cooper appreciated his time in Denver and everything they did for him," his agent, Frank Murtha, said Thursday night. "But it's time to move on."
Defensive tackle Michael Myers is Denver's only remaining free agent.

Caddy
04-13-2007, 03:22 AM
Good pick up, wouldn't have minded seeing him in Tampa

Windy
04-13-2007, 03:44 AM
He had a sub-par year last year but he's been good his whole career for the most part.

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/playerstats.asp?id=5141&Submit=Go

NIN1984
04-13-2007, 09:14 AM
I have been trying to figure out what the O-line will look like and now with the singing of Carlisle and hoping we land Kalil at #33 I think this could be the starting lineup.

LT- Robert Gallery, He deserves another shot at LT now in the ZBS.

LG- Jeremy Newberry, From what I heard he can play both C and G, if we draft Kalil I would like him at guard.

C- Ryan Kalil, This would be such a great pick.

RG- Cooper Carlisle, Good pick up, will more than likely start.

RT- Kevin Boothe, Played well at guard last season, but I canít help but think he would be better off at RT in the ZBS.

slightlyaraiderfan
04-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Nice, especially for what we are trying to do.

RaiderLifer
04-13-2007, 11:45 AM
I think this unit is going to surprise a lot of people. My optimism is starting to get a little out of control I think I need to go watch some game tape from last year.

portermvp84
04-13-2007, 12:10 PM
I've heard of him, but I really don't know very much about him. I think he's a good fit for our system.

Tha rizzock
04-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Hes going to automaticlly start at guard.

Romyrick
04-13-2007, 12:23 PM
This is such great news!!!!!

Sims is going to play though, either at LT or RT.

bernbabybern820
04-13-2007, 03:50 PM
He had a sub-par year last year but he's been good his whole career for the most part.

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/playerstats.asp?id=5141&Submit=Go

stats look very solid.

Romyrick
04-13-2007, 04:57 PM
I think it was rotoworld that had him over Dielman as the second best FA gaurd this year.

RaiderNation
04-13-2007, 05:41 PM
great pick up

raidersfanxxx
04-13-2007, 07:12 PM
nice job kif! love it!

Komp
04-13-2007, 10:14 PM
I don't see how anyone, including Raider haters, can say that the Raiders have not made some smart signings this offseason. Hopefully this proactive thought process carries over to the upcoming draft.

It also certainly opens up rd2 for us if both Kalil/Staley are gone. I have no idea where we would go with that pick if this turned out to be the case....

NotoRussell
04-14-2007, 09:09 AM
nice pick! he fits to our new OL sheme.
LT-Gallery
LG-Sims
C-Newberry
RG-Boothe/Grove
RT-Blalock
with that OL even Walter will get time to throw the ball to CJ!

Komp
04-14-2007, 12:01 PM
nice pick! he fits to our new OL sheme.
LT-Gallery
LG-Sims
C-Newberry
RG-Boothe/Grove
RT-Blalock
with that OL even Walter will get time to throw the ball to CJ!

You've got it all wrong!

LT - Sims
LG - Carlisle
C - Newberry/Kalil
RG - Boothe/Grove
RT - Gallery

skatman
04-14-2007, 12:05 PM
I don't see how anyone, including Raider haters, can say that the Raiders have not made some smart signings this offseason. Hopefully this proactive thought process carries over to the upcoming draft.

It also certainly opens up rd2 for us if both Kalil/Staley are gone. I have no idea where we would go with that pick if this turned out to be the case....

Two very good, smart offseasons in a row.

Resisted the urge to throw money around at FA's, and wound up with O-line depth, a good RB, and finally: A solid fullback. We're going to love Griffith.

NotoRussell
04-14-2007, 01:15 PM
You've got it all wrong!

LT - Sims
LG - Carlisle
C - Newberry/Kalil
RG - Boothe/Grove
RT - Gallery

i know that Gallery will play RT, but IMO he should be LT this year again. he should not shift around the line again.

NotoRussell
04-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Two very good, smart offseasons in a row.

Resisted the urge to throw money around at FA's, and wound up with O-line depth, a good RB, and finally: A solid fullback. We're going to love Griffith.

i loved him at ATL, so it will not change. i was very happy about his signing.

Komp
04-14-2007, 03:51 PM
i know that Gallery will play RT, but IMO he should be LT this year again. he should not shift around the line again.

Yep I agree with on that one. Unfortunately, I think Sims at LT [at least to start the season] was part of him re-working his contract. Altho if he somehow found his old form, it would be a good thing.

Romyrick
04-14-2007, 04:18 PM
I think the Raiders had a good off season but Dominique Rhodes is a terrible runningback and that is a pretty bad signing.

RaiderNation
04-14-2007, 05:16 PM
I think the Raiders had a good off season but Dominique Rhodes is a terrible runningback and that is a pretty bad signing.

at the price we got him thats a great signing. did you see when he and there rookie RB ran all over teams? him and jordan should be a nice combo for a couple years

Xonraider
04-14-2007, 05:19 PM
at the price we got him thats a great signing. did you see when he and there rookie RB ran all over teams? him and jordan should be a nice combo for a couple years

We overpayed for Rhodes