PDA

View Full Version : Best Possible Outcome

Zbikowski_9
04-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Ehat would be the best possible outcome come draft day, assuming these people are avalible.

A) 1st. AD
2nd Sidney Rice (or any other WR preference)
3rd DE/OT

B)Trade down to Buffalo (for AD) for their 1st and 3rd
1st P Willis
2nd WR
(trade 3rds for 2nd) Tanard Jackson (the next Cedric ;) )

C) Trade 1st and 2nd to Browns for 3rd overall and draft CJ (highly doubt he will be there though)
3rd Eric Weddle or Brandon Siler

D) Trade down numourous times to end up with 4 mid to first 2nd rounders and a 3rd.
2nd Sears RT
2nd WR
2nd Tanard Jackson
2nd Victor Abriami
3rd WR or DT or Brandon Siler

tylere0814
04-13-2007, 11:06 AM
I think all scenarios but A are unlikely, trading for CJ is going to be difficult, trading down to mid 1st would be a risk.

Ideally for me
1. AD
2. Weddle (if available, if not Rice)
3. BPA

Severe Punishment
04-13-2007, 03:07 PM
All these options suck.
I'm voting "none of the above" (Brewsters Millions quote for those 2 young
to make the connection)

crazyisme
04-13-2007, 04:29 PM
I think the best possible situation would be for the Vikes to land Johnson, how could it not?

I still say we might do something like a 3rd this year and next year and a player, then swap firsts. I don't think its as unlikely as others do, but obviously chances are we wont. I just hope we do.

amesbear
04-13-2007, 04:42 PM
I highly doubt anyone on this site would disagree that the best player the Vikings could get is Calvin Johnson. Not only does he fill the biggest need but he is possibly the best player in the draft. I don't think it is outrageous to think about trading up especially since we wouldn't have to give up a ton of value. I would be ecstatic if we got him somehow.

Severe Punishment
04-13-2007, 04:47 PM
I highly doubt anyone on this site would disagree that the best player the Vikings could get is Calvin Johnson. Not only does he fill the biggest need but he is possibly the best player in the draft. I don't think it is outrageous to think about trading up especially since we wouldn't have to give up a ton of value. I would be ecstatic if we got him somehow.
That's the entire hold up. If Oakland were to give away the #1 or
even T.B. would give up the #4 ...for the #7 then sure, why not.
But just look at what it cost the Chargers to move up 3 slots 2 years ago.
The dillusion that it'd "only cost" a pair of 3rd rounders is pure nonsense.

The Dynasty
04-13-2007, 05:14 PM
We have way to many needs to trade up for a WR then hope for a sleeper in the later rounds in a need. I dont like us giving up 3 picks to get Calvin. I say we sit there and wait to see who falls to us. If someone calls us for a trade and its good and we gain more picks. I think right now the people we could trade back with is Houston,Carolina,Buffalo.

DHVF
04-13-2007, 06:17 PM
We have way to many needs to trade up for a WR then hope for a sleeper in the later rounds in a need. I dont like us giving up 3 picks to get Calvin. I say we sit there and wait to see who falls to us. If someone calls us for a trade and its good and we gain more picks. I think right now the people we could trade back with is Houston,Carolina,Buffalo.Haha, hypocrite much. I mean, on one hand you say that you'd like to see us take Adrian Peterson and address our deepest position, but then you come back to say this. lol, funny stuff.

Crazy_Chris
04-13-2007, 06:35 PM
yea it most definatly wont be of good value to trade up from #7 to land CJ unless it involves some players but who are we going to trade? dont have much that other teams would reallllly value... best outcome..

1.Gaines Adams
2.Sidney Rice
3.BPA

Crazy_Chris
04-13-2007, 06:37 PM
B)Trade down to Buffalo (for AD) for their 1st and 3rd
1st P Willis
2nd WR
(trade 3rds for 2nd) Tanard Jackson (the next Cedric )

Im in favor of a trade down with Buffalo but thats just bad value plain and simple they would atleast have to give both their 3rds or their 2nd

The Dynasty
04-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Haha, hypocrite much. I mean, on one hand you say that you'd like to see us take Adrian Peterson and address our deepest position, but then you come back to say this. lol, funny stuff.

Here Ill say this so you understand okay? I would be thrilled to get Adrian Peterson because what he will bring to this team. When i say that i mean he will make the Offense Better and he will be the face of the Franchise. But If we trade away with him Sitting there im not going to be saying " I hate Childress." I just want a Player that will bring a face to the franchise and helps us win even if that means passing on AD. But I dont think trading up is what we should do.

All i want out of the draft is a couple of players that will help us win.

Severe Punishment
04-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Im in favor of a trade down with Buffalo but thats just bad value plain and simple they would atleast have to give both their 3rds or their 2nd
I love the idea of trading down and getting both their 3rds....THAT would make me quite happy.

Crazy_Chris
04-13-2007, 07:44 PM
... i would love it if this were to happen buffalo trades 1(12) 3(74) 3(92) for 1(7) we than Land Amobi Okoye, Levi Brown, Alan Branch, or even Patrick Willis with the 12th pick and than we get a WR sidney rice/DJ in the second and in the third adress O-line, CB Depth, and DE

princefielder28
04-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Trade C would be best for Minny

Severe Punishment
04-13-2007, 07:52 PM
How would CJ help the right side of the O-line and WR corp since he'd obviously be double covered 100% of the time. Also how would losing our 2nd round talent help the DT position or the ILB area.

We have way to many holes to think about giving away more picks.
last year was more than enough of that for me.

Crazy_Chris
04-13-2007, 07:59 PM
while the thought of having CJ on this team is mouth watering I have to Agree with severe Trading up to get him isnt going to help us in the long run... but i have to be honest if he went out there and lit it up i would probably forget the wasted picks

99 dunnihoo 12
04-13-2007, 08:51 PM
After doing some thinking I think if Peterson falls to number 7 we trade down with Tennesee. They have interest in him and we would benefit greatly from getting their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. That would give us 2 picks in each the 2nd and 3rd where we could add some needed depth.

19. Robert Meachem
41. Sidney Rice
50. Quentin Moses
72. Michael Bush
80. Josh Beekman

Severe Punishment
04-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Tennessee is in the same position as the Vikes. They need 2 WR's AND a starting RB. The only thing I'm more sure of than us NOT trading up is Tennessee not giving up picks to move up.

VikesRule
04-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Gotta be A. Peterson and Rice would be ideal, IMO, and then the 3rd pick could be used on anyone really.

Vikes99ej
04-13-2007, 11:33 PM
I'll take A.

KWill93
04-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Option A for sure.

99 dunnihoo 12
04-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Well I basically think anyone in that range that would give us an extra pick in each the 2nd and 3rd would be ideal. If we need to throw in a 2nd day pick then do it becuase I think there is a lot of day 1 depth and the more picks there the better. Maybe a team like the Jaguars or the Bengals (they dont have a 3rd round pick though) would be good targets to trade with.

Vikes99ej
04-16-2007, 03:18 PM
All I know is that we need to end the draft with a defensive end and a wideout.

crazyisme
04-17-2007, 08:56 PM
actually, we don't need a DE

Kid_Ego
04-18-2007, 01:08 AM
After further review..........

Adrian peterson could be another robert smith
Brady Quinn I dont think he fall past detriot that hand fits like a glove Martz and quinn seem like a no brainer no matter who number one is.
Landry seems like a lot to pay a safty when there are atleasttwo in the second round who would both upgrade
Gaines adams is flat out over rated
Jamaal anderson is high charcter one hit wonder
Okoye is 19 and a senior making him very bright, Pat williams is older and on the last couple years of his contract, Drafting him would definately strengthen the de remember k williams was orginally an end. I could see maybe all three playing the line at some points. and when williams retires in a few years we still have a hot rpospect whos under 23. This would take all the heat off childress and probably be the safest pick.

2nd round you probably have a chance to get merriweather.

3rd round draft troy smith

4th round Johnny lee higgins

5th round Michael Bush

6th round Jacolby jones

7th round Take a TE

amesbear
04-18-2007, 01:18 AM
I don't want Troy Smith and I don't think Michael Bush will be around in the 5th. Just my opinion.

jimmylishis
04-18-2007, 05:06 PM
In my opinion this is the best possible outcome:
Trade our first round pick for New England's two first round picks
24- Robert Meachem/ Dwayne Bowe
28- Justin Blalock/ Ben Grubbs
41- Sidney Rice/Steve Smith
72- Brian Robison
106- Lorenzo Booker
146- Yamon Figures
182- CJ Gaddis
217- Victor DeGrate
what do you think?

The Dynasty
04-18-2007, 05:25 PM
1 - Adrian Peterson RB
2 - Sidney Rice -WR
3 - LaMar Woodley -DE
4 - Manuel Rameriez - OG
5 - Johnathan Wade - CB
6 - Yamon Figurs - WR
7 - Gabe Hall - OT

Crazy_Chris
04-18-2007, 06:03 PM
.... i definatly dont want to waste a 3rd on Troy smith especially if our two picks before that are Okoye and Merriweather

Crazy_Chris
04-18-2007, 06:04 PM
72- Brian Robison
106- Lorenzo Booker
146- Yamon Figures
182- CJ Gaddis
217- Victor DeGrate
what do you think?

actually that looks pretty good to me except if we land Bowe/Meachem in the first i think we can Look to some of the Quality DE still available in the second abiamiri/crowder/spencer there figures to be a few there and than in the 3rd take a nickel CB or another WRlike Andraue Allison/Craig Davis(if there)... but only trade down with the Adams/Quinn/Peterson off the board

Kid_Ego
04-19-2007, 02:09 AM
26-3 as a starter played at THE OHIO STATE in the 3-4 round is a steal
And Michael Bush will slip

Meachum cant catch and Bowie is williamson all over again.

Okoye
Leonard
Higgins
Bush
Zabransky/Smith
Yanda
Gaddis

Kid_Ego
04-19-2007, 02:15 AM
LSU always has fast receivers name one who has been anything more then a project

Meachum SUCKS

There are alot of better players with more reliable hands which is whatcounts in a west coast Offense

Higgins
Jacoby Jones
Ball
Myles
those four all have better hands then either meachum or bowie your arguement may have been justified with Craig Davis. Maybe its just me but bowie-davis reminds me alot of Moss-Wayne a few years ago one has speed the other just catches the ball. Ill take the guy who can catch every time

Leonard gives us a big back with excellant hands who can play atleast 3 positions.

Crazy_Chris
04-19-2007, 05:29 PM
uhhh what the hell does LSU have to do with Meachem??

Crazy_Chris
04-19-2007, 05:32 PM
you have us taking to Tailbacks in the first 4 rounds? leonard and Bush no thanks i like leonard but we can get a player that better suits our needs in the second round... Johnnie lee Higgins is explosive but he is also a skinny lil wimp who will get knocked around by pyhsical corners in this league and its ludacris to say Jacoby Jones, Johnnie Lee Higgins, David Ball, And Brandon Myles are all better than Dwayne Bowe/Robert meachem

DHVF
04-19-2007, 09:37 PM
LSU always has fast receivers name one who has been anything more then a project

Meachum SUCKS

There are alot of better players with more reliable hands which is whatcounts in a west coast Offense

Higgins
Jacoby Jones
Ball
Myles
those four all have better hands then either meachum or bowie your arguement may have been justified with Craig Davis. Maybe its just me but bowie-davis reminds me alot of Moss-Wayne a few years ago one has speed the other just catches the ball. Ill take the guy who can catch every time

Leonard gives us a big back with excellant hands who can play atleast 3 positions.Oh my god, you have no idea what in the hell you are talking about when it comes to Dwayne Bowe. I mean, have you ever even seen this guy play? Seriously, speed receiver he is not. What Dwayne Bowe is, is a very physical wideout, who goes all out every play and is quite simply productive. He is that rare guy, that will go over the middle and block the **** out of his defensive back. Personally, I consider him to be a Hines Ward type with better speed, but not quite the hands. His catching ability really has progressed though since getting lasik. Honestly though, comparing Bowe to Williamson???

Vikes99ej
04-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Here is my perfect first day:

1. Gaines Adams
2. Sydney Rice
3. Daymeion Hughes
4. Manuel Ramirez

Kid_Ego
04-20-2007, 12:40 AM
Meahum sucks ass and bowie read thereports the kid cant catch a ******* ball skinny little wimp?

have you ever seen steve smith and santana moss harrison wayne none of these guys are big!!!

How could a fellow vikig fan forget one of the greatest smurf receivers of all time Anthony carter?

does any of this ring a bell?

Read the scouting report in this very sight for the two bone heads you want. Meachum look at his careeer stats you want a bust? its screaming flipping bust there is no production

and bowie played on a loaded team with a good qb and still didnt top this kids numbers. Great the kid can block maybe we can use him at rt when we find out his ass cant catch

Kid_Ego
04-20-2007, 12:53 AM
This is the exact reason why so many wide out receivers are busts very few of them are rated on their production most go to the combime after they have been working with sprint coaches take off half their clothes and run some ridiculous number and some moron comes on line claiming hteir the next moss. When in fact they arent even the next Leo lewis. Moss didnt just run 4.3 and jump 44 inches he also had 5o something tds in two years. We all watched high light after hilight of the guy running away almost appearing to jog as he ran in the end zone every week. There is one wide out that can be said about and that is Johnson the rest had all the build. I do believe he didnt get that big over night did all that size and speed actually equal production? NO, Ok you say well J mac had more then one receiver, Ok then he probably wasnt double covered. the kid from UTEP i can assure you was. I also can assure you he didnt have the number one pick in the draft throwing him balls. And he still out produced both Meachum and bowie Ok now go ahead and say it they played in SEC they Played tougher comp that case would hold water if only ONE JUST ONE of these dream boat receivers who are lightening fast from either of these two schools because both generally have ones just like this year had succeeded the last good receiver from Tennessee was Alvin Harper who was a flash in the pan. The Last one from LSU well we are still waiting for the devrey hendersons of the world to actually produce more then twice a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Point is simple Dont Waiste a draft pick on a wide out in the first round, VERY FEW WORK Some of the best receivers playing the game today werent first round picks or even second round picks most were second day guys who had time to develop with out be called a bust every other week.

Crazy_Chris
04-20-2007, 02:16 AM
Here is my perfect first day:

1. Gaines Adams
2. Sydney Rice
3. Daymeion Hughes
4. Manuel Ramirez

Amen to that i would be very glad if we came out of the draft with that for the first 4 rounds

Crazy_Chris
04-20-2007, 02:25 AM
Meahum sucks ass and bowie read thereports

WOW! im really being compelled by that statement to believe that they suck ass ... lol

have you ever seen steve smith and santana moss harrison wayne none of these guys are big!!!

and what the hell do any of these guys or A. Carter have to do with Johnnie Lee Higgins??

and further more you run and run and run your mouth about production and how much it matters but you fail to mention the more productive WR's in this class Dwayne Jarret and Jason Hill. are you in love with higgins?? and i can assure you that both Dwayne Bowe and Robert Meachem are better than Higgins there is a reason that they are both considered 1st round prospects while he is considered a third

and another thing... you need to step back take a deep breath and realize that the college game and the pro game are two completely different things and Production on the college level doesn't always translate to production on the Pro level

Kid_Ego
04-20-2007, 03:28 AM
Yeah but one thing remains the same if you cant produce in college you tend not to produce in the pros.

Get off childress dick and realize the man is an idiot!!!!!!!!!!

Vikes99ej
04-20-2007, 07:13 AM
Just ignore Kid Ego.

Severe Punishment
04-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Instead of falling in love with prospects based on scouting reports , try
watching a few college football games on saturdays.
Read a few books on the finer points of football, take part in a few instructional camps and educate yourself.

Dewayne bowe is anything but a skinnny little wimp. Almost
everyone compares him physically to a T.O.
If I have time or the energy later I'll post a few pics from him a the combine. 6'2 , 221 should've read more of the scouting report there skippy.

Kid_Ego
04-20-2007, 10:06 PM
What finer point to receiving then catching the ball?
That would be the second thing he has in common with TO he drops balls too 19 of them last year he lead the league. GREAT Comparison

Severe Punishment
04-20-2007, 10:54 PM
ummm how many TD's did T.O. also score last year ?

yeah it'd be terrible to get one of 3 guys to get multiple TD's in a year
because they may drop a ball now and then.
I'm not a big T.O. guy , but it shows a great deal of stupidity to NOT want
a guy who could produce similar numbers based on something so meaningless like dropping a few balls...how about you hate him because he wears a wristband too.

Keep your Troy Williamson and Billy McMullen,...that worked wonders last year.

Crazy_Chris
04-21-2007, 12:38 AM
Keep your Troy Williamson and Billy McMullen,...that worked wonders last year.

no no severe havent your heard, apparently Johnnie Lee Higgins is the answer to all of our problems... lol!

DHVF
04-21-2007, 12:52 AM
no no severe havent your heard, apparently Johnnie Lee Higgins is the answer to all of our problems... lol!Better yet, I heard Mike Hass can be had for cheap.

Kid_Ego
04-21-2007, 03:39 AM
Wow just when I thought Speilman was a bad gm you fruit loops show me it could be worse. Lets drat a guy who cant catch and pay him #7 money which usually comes with a fairly large signing bonus all becuase hes fast and blocks good for a reciever. I will reinterate THERE IS ONE first round receiver his name is Calvin Johnson the rest have question marks period

Crazy_Chris
04-21-2007, 04:04 PM
no one said we wanted meachem or Dwayne Bowe with the #7 pick stop twisting it around... if we were to trade down to take a round 1 reciever Meachem Or Bowe would be our preffered choices

DHVF
04-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Wow just when I thought Speilman was a bad gm you fruit loops show me it could be worse. Lets drat a guy who cant catch and pay him #7 money which usually comes with a fairly large signing bonus all becuase hes fast and blocks good for a reciever. I will reinterate THERE IS ONE first round receiver his name is Calvin Johnson the rest have question marks periodAll prospects have question marks you ****** and just because they have those questions don't mean that they are unworthy of a first round grade. I think it's fairly obvious that no one around here enjoys your presence, so wise up and leave.

Severe Punishment
04-21-2007, 08:48 PM
no no severe havent your heard, apparently Johnnie Lee Higgins is the answer to all of our problems... lol!
He tops my list of WR's I absolutely don't want here....which means he'll be our 5th round selection I'm sure.

the_Kid
04-25-2007, 10:17 PM
72- Brian Robison
106- Lorenzo Booker
146- Yamon Figures
182- CJ Gaddis
217- Victor DeGrate