PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Rogers buying into Rods system

lionsfan81
04-13-2007, 10:34 AM
I gotta say, im expecting big things from shaun. When hes in there our run defense is 10x better. I really hope he embraces rods coaching style and plays like the probowler he can for the whole season.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/117448980396640.xml&coll=1

detroit4life
04-13-2007, 05:48 PM
this is great news he just needs to get healthy but having a DT tandem of Shaun and Redding with cody on the bench is amazing

Iamcanadian
04-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Excuse me if I'm not too excited. I want to see him perform in the exhibition season before I believe any hype. They could be putting this stuff out to be able to trade him for good value. I have rarely ever heard a coach complain about a sure starter before the season starts.

asmitty45
04-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Excuse me if I'm not too excited. I want to see him perform in the exhibition season before I believe any hype. They could be putting this stuff out to be able to trade him for good value. I have rarely ever heard a coach complain about a sure starter before the season starts.

Of course you would.

detroit4life
04-13-2007, 06:23 PM
there was also an interview with shaun and he said that there are no problems he's just focused on getting healthy the lions arent trading him its too big of a cap hit and he's too good of a player and they cant take that cap hit especially with them about to cut BMW and take that cap hit. All these trade rumors were nothing but rumors they will not agree to trade a player of his importance

Scotty D
04-13-2007, 07:13 PM
This is very good news. Some people have forgotten what a force he can be.

Notredameleo
04-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Is Iamcanadian a lions fan, or is he just the biggest pessimist ever? Not that he has no reason to be a pessimist when it comes to the lions.

Icon
04-14-2007, 03:07 AM
Shawn Rogers is a lazy, fat, out of shape pothead who will shut himself down by week 12 like every season.

Addict
04-14-2007, 07:39 AM
Is Iamcanadian a lions fan, or is he just the biggest pessimist ever? Not that he has no reason to be a pessimist when it comes to the lions.

IAC has been a fan for a long long time, and therefore has witnessed so many years of front office malpractice and faillure as well as the complete disaster the lions have been on the field for some time now. Yeah he's a fan, but he's grown a bit... I guess you could say hopeless.

One of the most loyal fans of the Lions you'll ever find though...

(think I got it right)

detroit4life
04-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Shawn Rogers is a lazy, fat, out of shape pothead who will shut himself down by week 12 like every season.

rly and u have proof of this how Shaun rogers is a pot head becasue as far as im concerned the only drug test he failed was for a weight loss product and why do you say he's lazy i mean if that is your opinion far eonugh but explain your reasons and you also left out the fact that he was a force when healthy and arguably the best DT in the game

Brodeur
04-14-2007, 10:57 AM

Only season he didn't play at least 14 games was last season, and that was because of a suspension/surgery. So nice try.

Addict
04-14-2007, 11:03 AM
rly and u have proof of this how Shaun rogers is a pot head becasue as far as im concerned the only drug test he failed was for a weight loss product and why do you say he's lazy i mean if that is your opinion far eonugh but explain your reasons and you also left out the fact that he was a force when healthy and arguably the best DT in the game

oh c'mon, he's just new here and tries to make a name for himself...

Notredameleo
04-14-2007, 01:11 PM
I cant wait to see what our d-line looks like with white, Rogers, and REdding. Imagine if we draft Adams too, but id rather not.

Iamcanadian
04-14-2007, 01:31 PM
IAC has been a fan for a long long time, and therefore has witnessed so many years of front office malpractice and faillure as well as the complete disaster the lions have been on the field for some time now. Yeah he's a fan, but he's grown a bit... I guess you could say hopeless.

One of the most loyal fans of the Lions you'll ever find though...

(think I got it right)

It has just turned me into a realist who is not fooled by all the hype that teams put out to pump up their fans so their is no dropoff in ticket buyers. You hear this type of hype every year but show me the meat. Let's see how the season plays out before we get too gushy about Rogers and Millen being changed men. I'll believe it when I see it!!

LionSmack
04-14-2007, 01:35 PM
It's not hard to see what's going on here. There were a number of players whose attitudes were a problem. Every one the Lions felt they could part with from a talent standpoint, is gone. The two that the Lions felt were too talented to lose - Woody and Rogers - are being worked on.

Whoever called him a pothead, let's hear an explanation of why, or I'm going to ignore you. But he is way too talented to give up on. When he's on, he's a freak.

Icon
04-14-2007, 04:47 PM
oh c'mon, he's just new here and tries to make a name for himself...

Ive actually been here longer than all of you. Except Xiomera.

And come on, Shaun Rogers not lazy? That is why he balloons up 30 lbs every offseason and is constantly over weight? That is why his injuries that should seemingly keep him out half the time that he actually misses? That is why he takes off so many plays when he could dominate on every play hes on the field for?

The pothead thing... thats opinion, but I have enough reasoning for myself to believe it, doesnt matter to me what you believe.

detroit4life
04-14-2007, 05:22 PM

And come on, Shaun Rogers not lazy? That is why he balloons up 30 lbs every offseason and is constantly over weight? That is why his injuries that should seemingly keep him out half the time that he actually misses? That is why he takes off so many plays when he could dominate on every play hes on the field for?

The pothead thing... thats opinion, but I have enough reasoning for myself to believe it, doesnt matter to me what you believe.

rly? how long have u been here and under what name?

your mainly talking about this year with his weight issues and that is rumors im not sure if he has gained tons of weight this year but if he has its because he had a knee injury. He's had one bad injury (last year) but other than that i dont remeber him missing a lot of time due to injuries. Yes i agree with you that he has come into campover weight a few times but he ends up at his weight come the season opener so i dont see it a huge deal if he wants to do that then we'll fine him and make him work it off i dont see that as a huge deal i think a lot of what you are saying is speculation.

P-L
04-14-2007, 05:29 PM

Actually, I think I've been here longer too.

Byt anyways, it may seem like Iamcandian is a pessimist sometimes, but too many of you guys have unrealistic expectations and think there is very little wrong with the franchise.

detroit4life
04-14-2007, 05:34 PM
there is tons worng witht his franchise i completely agree the difference IMO is some guys get optimistic that this team has made the right changes and that they are going in the right direction. But it does seem that way everyyear someho the lions are able to do that they get everyones hopes up just to break their hearts later.

Addict
04-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Actually, I think I've been here longer too.

Byt anyways, it may seem like Iamcandian is a pessimist sometimes, but too many of you guys have unrealistic expectations and think there is very little wrong with the franchise.

Yeah... but geez, if we all were like 'why bother, we're gonna suck anyway' I don't think there'd be much fun left in the entire 'being a fan'.

I do say I respect long-time lions fans... I mean to stick with a team that has been so poor for years now... I think that's true loyalty.

Icon
04-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Unfortunately there is practically zero fun left in being a Lions fan :(

Most entertaining part of the year is the NFL draft because we always have a high pick. But then some years you hear 'Detroit Lions select Mike Williams'.

I just have this sick feeling in my gut that Millen loves Quinn and is going to end up drafting him at #2.

woodnick
04-14-2007, 06:14 PM
That would suck, IMO!

woodnick
04-14-2007, 06:16 PM
At least if they draft Quinn and our line still sucks there are a couple of pretty good OT's that'll be around next year, ie Jake Long and Sam Baker.

Addict
04-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Unfortunately there is practically zero fun left in being a Lions fan :(

Well at least you get to hang out on this team board... really, the guys out here aren't half bad.

Except for me. I suck.

detroit4life
04-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Well at least you get to hang out on this team board... really, the guys out here aren't half bad.

Except for me. I suck.

hahaha no u dont suck look u have more rep point then i do

Iamcanadian
04-14-2007, 09:47 PM
There is no reason we have to be this bad, yes, we have a proven rotten owner but the GM still runs the football operation and all we need to do is to pressure Ford to fire Millen and pray he hires a real football mind to run the team. The combination of Ford and Millen is just too much for me, I'm still in shock that Millen wasn't fired at the end of last season and am in no mood for another Millen draft much less the fact he makes all the serious decisions for our team. Each year we have Millen as our GM, is another year he can screw our draft making it that much more difficult for a new GM to rebuild our team. Look at Cleveland who suffered through the Butch Davis drafting disasters. They finally hire a good GM but the team is so talent short because of Davis's picks that they are looking at a 3-5 year rebuilding plan to just get competitive. I don't care how optimistic you are, that is looking more and more like our future and it just makes me sick.

TRJ997
04-14-2007, 10:35 PM
I don't think the Lions will screw up this draft . . . whether its Quinn, Adams, or a trade down. People learn from their mistakes, and if Millen doesn't learn from his, then Ford defintely will.

Scotty D
04-14-2007, 10:49 PM
I don't think the Lions will screw up this draft . . . whether its Quinn, Adams, or a trade down. People learn from their mistakes, and if Millen doesn't learn from his, then Ford defintely will.

It would be hard to do. I wouldn't really mind if we reached for a player. I would just like to stay away from a QB. I want an impact defensive player. Adams, Landry, Willis.

WMD
04-14-2007, 11:43 PM
It would be hard to do. I wouldn't really mind if we reached for a player. I would just like to stay away from a QB. I want an impact defensive player. Adams, Landry, Willis.

That's what I want, too.. I'd prefer Patrick Willis, LaRon Landry, or Gaines Adams.. but I wouldn't complain if we took Brady Quinn.. we'd have a Franchise QB to run the offense once Mike Martz leaves in a year or two.. and we'll probably need to do a complete offensive overhaul once Mike Martz leaves..

Addict
04-15-2007, 04:37 AM
That's what I want, too.. I'd prefer Patrick Willis, LaRon Landry, or Gaines Adams.. but I wouldn't complain if we took Brady Quinn.. we'd have a Franchise QB to run the offense once Mike Martz leaves in a year or two.. and we'll probably need to do a complete offensive overhaul once Mike Martz leaves..

That's kinda the problem I have with the way we're signing offensive players these days, they're all coming in because of Martz and his system... what are we gonna do when he leaves?

jbombul
04-15-2007, 09:57 AM
That's kinda the problem I have with the way we're signing offensive players these days, they're all coming in because of Martz and his system... what are we gonna do when he leaves?

we will go from winning 5-6 games with his outstanding offense; back to a more lion's like 2-3

Addict
04-15-2007, 10:12 AM
we will go from winning 5-6 games with his outstanding offense; back to a more lion's like 2-3

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t197/SjonnieTeiger/yeah.jpg

Scotty D
04-15-2007, 12:58 PM

Furrey 3 year deal
Shaun McDonald I think a 1 year deal.

If we would have signed Curtis I think it would have been more of a problem. But we aren't financially comitted to a lot of Martz guys. Furrey's deal was more of a #3 receiver deal.

detroit4life
04-15-2007, 01:40 PM
also martz conviced these guys when they signed that he was going to be here im not too concerned because of what scotty D said Firrey is the only guy here for long term and he isnt getting paid a ton

detroit4life
04-15-2007, 01:41 PM
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t197/SjonnieTeiger/yeah.jpg

thats hilarious i'd give u rep but it wont let me

Addict
04-15-2007, 03:52 PM
thats hilarious i'd give u rep but it wont let me

haha, that's okay I appreciate you trying

WMD
04-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Furrey 3 year deal
Shaun McDonald I think a 1 year deal.

If we would have signed Curtis I think it would have been more of a problem. But we aren't financially comitted to a lot of Martz guys. Furrey's deal was more of a #3 receiver deal.

When Martz leaves, we're going to need to find a New QB, New #2, and a New #3, and a new TE.. Assuming we stick with Kitna and don't draft a QB, and assuming we don't draft any WR's and stick with Free Agent quick fixes..

But our Defense SHOULD be good enough by that time to 'hold us over' until we get a new Offense installed..

detroit4life
04-15-2007, 07:00 PM
well when martz leaves i think furrey could still be an effective #3 and so if we dont take CJ we'd need a #2 but that wont be a huge deal since Roy will be on the other side we could probably be alright so filling one position isn't a huge deal

ironman4579
04-15-2007, 08:29 PM

Of course you also thought that the original Ninja Turtles wore multi colored head bands and said made for moving product catch phrases like "Cowabunga" so................................................ ....