PDA

View Full Version : Tj duckett, big year or not?

lionsfan81
04-13-2007, 10:40 AM
i really think that the signing of tj duckett is very good, even tho i know a lot of people dont really like it and think hes washed up. I think he brings leadership and is going to be like a jerome bettis type of back for us. I gotta say after reading this article, it got me excited about what he brings for this team.

http://spartannation.com/?p=2278

Thomas7399
04-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Wow, four posts in a row.....you are on a roll friend.

As far as the Duck...I think he will complement Tatum Bell nicely (and eventually Kevin Jones). A combonation of Brian Calhoun catching passes out of the backfield and TJ and Tatum giving a little thunder and lightning, I think this could work out very well.

LionSmack
04-13-2007, 10:47 AM
I think for the most part he's going to be a short-yardage guy. Also I don't really believe the Lions' run-blocking will take a giant leap forward as long as we have Raiola at center. So huge year, no, but he should get a few TDs in close.

lionsfan81
04-13-2007, 10:55 AM
I think for the most part he's going to be a short-yardage guy. Also I don't really believe the Lions' run-blocking will take a giant leap forward as long as we have Raiola at center. So huge year, no, but he should get a few TDs in close.

not a railoa fan?? i think hes pretty good.

asmitty45
04-13-2007, 11:03 AM
He'll have a good season, he's trying to cash in next offseason thats why he signed only a 1 yr deal, money motivates.

JPLUFF
04-13-2007, 11:33 AM
For not getting a lot of carries, he'll have a good season. I don't expect him to be here next year though.

Icon
04-14-2007, 03:14 AM
not a railoa fan?? i think hes pretty good.

A fan or Raiola? He gets blown up and shoved into the backfield every play by every DT in the league. Outside of Mike Williams I think signing Raiola to a multi year contract is the worst move Millen has made. Words cant express how much I dislike this guy. I make an effort to watch him on all the Lions snaps just so I can laugh at how much he gets dominated play in and play out.

Addict
04-14-2007, 07:34 AM
A fan or Raiola? He gets blown up and shoved into the backfield every play by every DT in the league. Outside of Mike Williams I think signing Raiola to a multi year contract is the worst move Millen has made. Words cant express how much I dislike this guy. I make an effort to watch him on all the Lions snaps just so I can laugh at how much he gets dominated play in and play out.

also outside of... Jeff Backus' big contract, keeping C-Rog on roster for centuries, keeping Joey Harrington on roster for centuries and re-signing and keeping guys around who couldn't do what they're supposed to do on the damn field to save their life (Kenoy Kennedy comes to mind?)...

Icon
04-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Kennedy played well under Mooch's system before we implemented the cover 2 and he was just lost. Im not a fan of Backus and his 3 holding penalties a game but he is still better than Raiola. What did keeping C Rog around hurt?

And maybe you werent on the forum yet, but every single Lions fan on here repeatedly said how we should keep Harrington and give him his shot with whatever new coach & draft pick we had that season.