PDA

View Full Version : The browns Curse

mcdlaxbonz13
07-27-2006, 10:53 PM
i am starting this thread after the recent injury to our top free agent signing lecharles bentley. I honestly believe that the cleveland browns are cursed.

for starters there is the fact that every single one of our frist round guys gets injured at least their rookie season i believe most have actually been injured most of their NFL career.

I have the feeling if big ben was a brown he wouldn't have survived that motorcyle accident. i mean winslow was doing tricks on a crotch rocket and tore his ACL but ive seen many times where people do these tricks and beaf hard like winslow did and nothing major happens to them.

i just think were cursed, what do you think.

07-27-2006, 10:59 PM
You arent going to like the results of this poll...

portermvp84
07-27-2006, 11:27 PM
They suck it's gonna be a long time before they make it to the SB.

yodabear
07-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Not as much as the Bills, Vikings, and Cubs.

portermvp84
07-27-2006, 11:32 PM
Thet them and the Vikes and cuba are screwed.

RCAChainGang
07-28-2006, 12:04 AM
The browns arent cursed. I dont beleive in curses, and yes i dont beleive in the red sox curse. I think the browns are just not the best at drafting. They will be back on top in a while. There is a pattern. The colts sucked when peyton was drafted. Your really bad for some years then your ok. Then you miss the playoffs barely then a wild card then a 1rst or 2nd seed then you drop after being in the playoffs for many years. Like the rams.

portermvp84
07-28-2006, 12:15 AM
Well they better hope Charlie Frye and Ken Dorsey pan out soon.

SuperMcGee
07-28-2006, 12:23 AM

I first thought that was in response to the "They suck" post. I thought you had betrayed me Yoda :( .
But of course I then realized that you believe we are cursed, and its very possible. The whole city

yodabear
07-28-2006, 12:24 AM

I first thought that was in response to the "They suck" post. I thought you had betrayed me Yoda :( .
But of course I then realized that you believe we are cursed, and its very possible. The whole city

Don't worry, the curse will live on in Miami, Bills 0-5 in the super bowl.

draftguru151
07-28-2006, 12:26 AM

:lol: Bills are gonna go 0-3 in Miami this year.

SuperMcGee
07-28-2006, 12:27 AM

Once the Super Bowl rolls around you will unfortunately become my worst enemy

yodabear
07-28-2006, 12:29 AM

U wanna make a sidebet, since u know u and us will be in the superbowl, its a no brainer.

SuperMcGee
07-28-2006, 12:30 AM

U wanna make a sidebet, since u know u and us will be in the superbowl, its a no brainer.

I would indeed wager on this given matchup

portermvp84
07-28-2006, 12:31 AM
The Browns are always gonna suck they have the worst drafting.

RCAChainGang
07-28-2006, 12:32 AM
I think the bills will have the first overall pick in 2007 pick. :lol:

portermvp84
07-28-2006, 12:33 AM
No it's gonna be the 49ers they really suck worst than the Browns.

RCAChainGang
07-28-2006, 12:34 AM

I dont see them doing that bad. If alex smith can play well.

portermvp84
07-28-2006, 12:35 AM
You mean win more than two games?

yodabear
07-28-2006, 12:36 AM
I think the bills will have the first overall pick in 2007 pick. :lol:

I think they will be the AFC represenative in the super bowl in which they will lose to the Rams.

SuperMcGee
07-28-2006, 12:37 AM

I'd rather have Losman than Smith

yodabear
07-28-2006, 12:37 AM

I would indeed wager on this given matchup

OK.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

portermvp84
07-28-2006, 12:42 AM

I would to but they both suck.

draftguru151
07-28-2006, 12:44 AM

I wouldn't.

steelersfan43
07-28-2006, 12:45 AM
lol 10

portermvp84
07-28-2006, 12:47 AM
Lets just face it their not gonna win their divsion for a long long time. The Brown days are over they ended when Jim Brown retired.

duckseason
07-28-2006, 01:16 AM
Hey, there's always a bright side. At least they still have better jersies than the Broncos. :P

yourfavestoner
07-28-2006, 01:32 AM
Lets just face it their not gonna win their divsion for a long long time. The Brown days are over they ended when Jim Brown retired.

:roll: Do you know who Bernie Kosar is? I know it's a hard question since he played before the year 2000.

yodabear
07-28-2006, 01:35 AM
I have the Browns winning the AFC North.

TCU
07-28-2006, 01:35 AM
the browns arent cursed they just suck.

steelersfan43
07-28-2006, 01:40 AM

are you joking? :?

yodabear
07-28-2006, 01:46 AM

are you joking? :?

I don't joke around.

http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25927

stephenson86
07-28-2006, 07:27 AM
ur not only cursed, but ur unable too win

Smooth Criminal
07-28-2006, 08:06 AM
No the Browns are not cursed. There is no such things as curses. They just alot of injuries for whatever reason.

turninandburnin1
07-28-2006, 08:27 AM
Cleveland just doesn't draft very well at all, they never have but they better start.

RCAChainGang
07-28-2006, 02:16 PM
No the Browns are not cursed. There is no such things as curses. They just alot of injuries for whatever reason.

Thank u.. Curses are not real...for any team!

07-28-2006, 02:17 PM

Obviously, you know nothing of UK football.

bigbluedefense
07-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Don't dispair Brown fans. Sunny days will be back in Cleveland. Give it 2 more years. You guys are in a 3-4 year rebuilding program. This is year 2, 2 more years and you'll have a nice team.

Staubach12
07-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Don't dispair Brown fans. Sunny days will be back in Cleveland. Give it 2 more years. You guys are in a 3-4 year rebuilding program. This is year 2, 2 more years and you'll have a nice team.

Yeah, I agree.

07-28-2006, 02:42 PM
The Browns are cursed because Art Modell ran off Jim Brown similar to the Red Sox trading Babe Ruth to New York.

How can we not be cursed? The Drive, The Fumble, 33-6 blown lead in the playoffs over Pittsburgh, Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Jamir Miller, A F*ING NFL REF F"D UP OUR BEST OLINEMANS EYE OF FORCED HIM TO LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and guess what our Oline has always been a problem, sure would have been nice to keep him around. Kellen Winslow, Braylond Edwards, Sean Jones now LECHARLES F'n BENTLEY IS GONE FOR THE SEASON with and injury worse than any ACL/MCL/PCL tear and may never return to form from such a serious injury.

keylime_5
07-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Let's see........John Elway's drive, the fumble, Red Right Whatever, Modell moving to Baltimore, 1st round busts since 1999, Every good player getting injured, Never going to a super bowl and losing every AFC Championship game. Pretty cursed to me.

All Cleveland Sports teams are actually pretty cursed, Cavs and Indians have their share of bad bad luck too.

07-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Let's see........John Elway's drive, the fumble, Red Right Whatever, Modell moving to Baltimore, 1st round busts since 1999, Every good player getting injured, Never going to a super bowl and losing every AFC Championship game. Pretty cursed to me.

All Cleveland Sports teams are actually pretty cursed, Cavs and Indians have their share of bad bad luck too.

88 :roll:

iripcorners26
07-28-2006, 03:17 PM
Cleveland is THE worst sports town. You can't argue otherwise.

Browns have never even been to a Super Bowl and the fashion that they lose games is just ridiculous.

Indians haven't won a World Series since 1948 and have the only player ever to be killed playing baseball (Shortstop got hit in the temple in 1918 I believe).

The Cavaliers are ******* horrible.

We don't have a hockey team.

It sucks so bad to be a Cleveland fan.

art vandelay
07-28-2006, 10:11 PM

Browns have never even been to a Super Bowl and the fashion that they lose games is just ridiculous.

Indians haven't won a World Series since 1948 and have the only player ever to be killed playing baseball (Shortstop got hit in the temple in 1918 I believe).

The Cavaliers are *********** horrible.

LeBron James anyone? PLAYOFFS anyone?

Staubach12
07-28-2006, 10:13 PM

The Cavaliers are *********** horrible.

LeBron James anyone? PLAYOFFS anyone?

Yeah, The Cavs are OK, they're getting better.

Gribble
07-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Yep, you're cursed... Sorry.

LeBron's gonna leave and go play somewhere else...

Hafner will be a Yankee...

Dam8610
07-28-2006, 11:12 PM
Curses aren't real. They are a handy psychological crutch for those who can't accept facts though. For example, if your franchise doesn't win a title for 98 years, it's extremely likely that they've had poor management and ownership, and highly unlikely that an old coot with a billy goat has stopped your team from winning for 61 years.

portermvp84
07-28-2006, 11:41 PM
The Browns have to be the worst franchise out there their never gonna win a SB.

07-29-2006, 12:52 AM

Yeah ok, I'd still take Cleveland over Arizona, New Orleans & Detroit anyday. Atleast the Browns could win championships at one time, New Orleans & Arizona never have & never will. Detroit couldn't even win a championship with their greatest player, Jim Brown brought us a title.

draftguru151
07-29-2006, 12:54 AM

Yeah ok, I'd still take Cleveland over Arizona, New Orleans & Detroit anyday. Atleast the Browns could win championships at one time, New Orleans & Arizona never have & never will. Detroit couldn't even win a championship with their greatest player, Jim Brown brought us a title.

:? I agree with the other two but Arizona is on their way up.

TheChampIsHere
07-29-2006, 12:57 AM
yeah they are gettin some tough luck. 2 straight seasons that K2 gets hurt and now this happens to Bentley on the FIRST day of camp. This just really messed up their season, he was key to their offense and the power running game they were gonna use.

07-29-2006, 12:59 AM

:? I agree with the other two but Arizona is on their way up.

Talking about the entire history of the franchises and WHO CARES Cleveland will still win one before that pathetic waste of room for and NFL team, LA could start a team tomorrow and in 10 years have a better history than Arizona.

Hail Browns
07-29-2006, 09:31 AM
I think that some of you should realize that INJURIES aren't a product of bad ownership, and in this case it has nothing to do with the management
either. The point simply is that every time that we get something going, SOMETHING, or everything really, goes wrong. We've had more freak injuries and unlikely accidents than anyone. Like the penalty flag to the eye, is that poor drafting? No, it's a ref who's either ret@rded, or he just doesn't like that particular player. You know what, I'm just going to stop there, because I really don't feel like typing all day, and I'm just making myself angry thinking about all of our problems.