PDA

View Full Version : Al Wilson released

CT Bronco Fan
04-13-2007, 01:10 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/local_story_103115905.html

(CBS4) ENGLEWOOD, Colo. The Denver Broncos released veteran linebacker Al Wilson, CBS4 Broncos Insider Vic Lombardi reported Friday.

Wilson plans to hold a news conference at his agent's office in Cherry Creek at 2 p.m. Friday. It can be seen live on cbs4denver.com.

Wilson was the subject of attempted trades by the Broncos in recent weeks. One deal with the New York Giants fell apart after Wilson failed a physical.

The team has decided to release Wilson because of his impact on the salary cap and his injury last season, according to Lombardi.

Wilson suffered a neck injury late last season and was carried off the field on a stretcher. He returned to play in the following games.

Wilson was the Broncos' 1st round draft pick in 1999 and was the team's defensive captain.

FireGruden
04-13-2007, 01:57 PM
I think hes gonna retire---hes done

Newbs24
04-13-2007, 02:16 PM
I think a team will pick him up. Hopefully my Lions. The only problem is gonna be passing that physical. I hope he still plays. Always been a favorite of mine even though he went to Tennessee

Jimmy
04-13-2007, 03:02 PM
this is a sad, sad day for denver fans.

JCutlery
04-13-2007, 03:04 PM
this is a sad, sad day for denver fans.

You didn't see this coming?

I know it sucks, but it's a business.

edit: well he's excited about playing again, according to his press conference, but he doesn't sound too optimistic about passing physicals and being cleared to play. sounds like i'm wrong and that he will play again. hopefully this is true, because i didn't want to see him go out saying "I'm done." that would be hard for any player to say.

Jimmy
04-13-2007, 04:03 PM
You didn't see this coming?

I know it sucks, but it's a business.

edit: well he's excited about playing again, according to his press conference, but he doesn't sound too optimistic about passing physicals and being cleared to play. sounds like i'm wrong and that he will play again. hopefully this is true, because i didn't want to see him go out saying "I'm done." that would be hard for any player to say.

who cares if i saw it coming..

you mean to say you have no sympathy for al?

i know... thats not what your saying... your saying it was sad a while ago, but i was hoping he might fight through it... sad day for deenveer

Modano
04-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Now are you going after Jon Beason?

JCutlery
04-13-2007, 10:08 PM

That would make sense, but I have a feeling he won't be there.

ripdw27
04-13-2007, 11:22 PM
i have a feeling we will trade up for him or willis or just trade up in general. **** i will be suprised if we actually only pick #21 in the first round

ripdw27
04-13-2007, 11:23 PM
btw him getting released screws up the entire mock draft i just started like 10 mins ago...

Diehard
04-13-2007, 11:40 PM

Only if Gold is leaving as well. DJ needs to play either WILL or MIKE... SAM isn't his forte. Getting Beason would create the same problem all over again. We need a natural SAM... Lawrence Timmons gets my vote.

Jimmy
04-14-2007, 07:26 AM
timmons is a sam... williams sucked at sam

Notredameleo
04-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Do you think he would fit in a tampa 2 def. like detroits?

elway777
04-14-2007, 11:26 PM
We should just take David Harris in the 2nd IMO.

Jimmy
04-15-2007, 11:59 AM
We should just take David Harris in the 2nd IMO.

thumbs up to that... he reminds me of wilson

Jimmy
04-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Search for new Al

Besides incumbent Nate Webster, who is considered a top reserve, there are three ways for the Broncos to replace middle linebacker Al Wilson:

1. The draft

Mississippi's Patrick Willis has surged to a top-12 pick, which puts him out of the Broncos' reach. Next best is Michigan's David Harris, with Brown's Zak DeOssie (6-5, 250) a sleeper.

2. Free agent

The best remaining unrestricted middle linebackers are Edgerton Hartwell and Peter Sirmon.

3. D.J. Williams

It's easier to go from outside linebacker to the run-first middle than vice versa.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
04-15-2007, 02:42 PM
I wish we coulda gotten rid of Gold instead.
Put Wiliams at Will, draft Harris for Mike, put some scrub in at SAM

jsthomp2006
04-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Al Wilson should coach for the Broncos and keep the leadership.

Broncos I have heard really like David Harris. I guess he is built like Al Wilson, yet faster.