PDA

View Full Version : Al Wilson Released

asmitty45
04-13-2007, 02:00 PM
I stole this from the Broncos forum

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/local_...103115905.html

(CBS4) ENGLEWOOD, Colo. The Denver Broncos released veteran linebacker Al Wilson, CBS4 Broncos Insider Vic Lombardi reported Friday.

Wilson plans to hold a news conference at his agent's office in Cherry Creek at 2 p.m. Friday. It can be seen live on cbs4denver.com.

Wilson was the subject of attempted trades by the Broncos in recent weeks. One deal with the New York Giants fell apart after Wilson failed a physical.

The team has decided to release Wilson because of his impact on the salary cap and his injury last season, according to Lombardi.

Wilson suffered a neck injury late last season and was carried off the field on a stretcher. He returned to play in the following games.

Wilson was the Broncos' 1st round draft pick in 1999 and was the team's defensive captain.

I want him

lionsfan81
04-13-2007, 02:02 PM
he may have lost a step but if he comes a cheap price i want him. Hes got great leadership skills needed. I kinda hate going after players other teams cut tho, because usually there is a reason that they are getting cut. If al wilson is so good, then why are the broncos cutting him you know??

asmitty45
04-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Big Salary cap hit, he had an injury last year, but he's only 31 and we could REALLY use him also signign himwould enable us to square in directly on Adams as our first round target instead of Willis

lionsfan81
04-13-2007, 02:05 PM
yea but wilson prolly has only a few good years left in him. With willis we have a guy who has 10 great years still in him.

Newbs24
04-13-2007, 02:12 PM
yea but wilson prolly has only a few good years left in him. With willis we have a guy who has 10 great years still in him.

No Wilson probably only has a couple of good years left in him. Willius is a guy that MAY amount to a guy that has 10 great years in him. You can't count on a kid that hasn't played a down in the NFL to have a great career or even a season.

I would definately take a flyer on Wilson. The only problem is that Dumb Dan Snyder will more than likely give him 3 years and $50 million just to hope he will do something. Snyder is a joke.

asmitty45
04-13-2007, 02:27 PM
No Wilson probably only has a couple of good years left in him. Willius is a guy that MAY amount to a guy that has 10 great years in him. You can't count on a kid that hasn't played a down in the NFL to have a great career or even a season.

I would definately take a flyer on Wilson. The only problem is that Dumb Dan Snyder will more than likely give him 3 years and $50 million just to hope he will do something. Snyder is a joke.

Only problem with that is they already signed London Fletcher-Baker and doesnt have a need at MLB.

Xiomera
04-13-2007, 02:55 PM
If we signed him it would be huge. I love Willis as much as the next guy, but we would have to reach for him to draft him because I don't see us picking outside the top 5.

Scotty D
04-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Wow if we get him it gives us even more options in the draft.

asmitty45
04-13-2007, 04:03 PM
I want him more than i want willis only because he's experienced in that defense and if they add another solid olb we could really hae a good LB corps for the next few years to come

Bootland27
04-13-2007, 04:29 PM
From what I've heard, he hasn't fully recovered from his sprained neck, somehwat limiting his range of motion and mobility.

His numbers are misleading. He ends up in the right place at the right time, but he doesn't pursue well, and he's not a smart player. He often doesn't finish plays, and it's burned him in the past.

Too many ??'s, and he'll be asking for lots of dough. The Lions should let him go.

JPLUFF
04-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Let's see him pass a physical first before we discuss signing him

asmitty45
04-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Let's see him pass a physical first before we discuss signing him

Ya that would help, but for arguments sake say he passes his physical. What then?

reinar
04-16-2007, 11:44 PM
well it would allow us to take Gaines Adams at the top end of the draft, and still fill out our Defense.

that is what then.