PDA

View Full Version : April 13th, 1 round with proposed trades

Geo
04-13-2007, 04:47 PM
March 17th, 1-round mock (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4202)
March 30th, 2 rounds without trades (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5270)

I've incorporated proposed trades, in this case in only one round of a mock draft. I'm pretty pleased with it actually, maybe moreso than any other mock I've done. Tell me what you think.
- Geo

2007 NFL DRAFT

ROUND 1

1. Oakland Raiders - QB Jamarcus Russell, LSU
Al Davis and Lane Kiffin decide to go with the elite quarterback prospect in Jamarcus Russell over the elite wide receiver prospect in Calvin Johnson. Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, and Ronald Curry certainly don't mind.

2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (f. Detroit Lions) - WR Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech
(Trade) TB - #4, #64, 2008 2nd round; DET - #2
Jon Gruden gives up the 2nd round pick from the mid-season Anthony McFarland trade and his 08 2nd round pick to get Calvin Johnson, the best wide receiver prospect yet seen by the NFL. Johnson, with his presence and bevy of talent, immedately makes life easier for whoever the quarterback will be, Cadillac Williams, and Joey Galloway.

3. Cleveland Browns - RB Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma
As tempted as he may be by Brady Quinn, GM Phil Savage can't pass up Adrian Peterson to serve as his franchise's all-purpose back for years to come.

4. Detroit Lions (f. Tampa Bay Buccaneers) - DE Gaines Adams, Clemson
Matt Millen and Rod Marinelli are able to acquire more picks and still land the player they coveted, Gaines Adams, the best defensive player in this year's class and a stellar pass rusher.

5. Arizona Cardinals - OT Joe Thomas, Wisconsin
The Cardinals can't turn in their card with Thomas' name written on it soon enough.

6. Miami Dolphins (f. Washington Redskins) - QB Brady Quinn, Notre Dame
(Trade) MIA - #9, #71; WAS - #6
Riding themselves of the injured Daunte Culpepper as well as Kansas City's asinine demands for a temporary at best solution in Trent Green, a long-in-the-tooth veteran with concerns of his own, Cam Cameron starts his era correctly with a qaurterback prospect many consider to be the best in the class.

7. Minnesota Vikings - S Laron Landry, LSU
The Vikings might have a lot of depth at safety for 2007, but Landry offers them a young playmaker and defensive captain for the next six years.

8. Atlanta Falcons (f. Houston Texans) - OT Levi Brown, Penn State
Too much is made of Brown's measurables and Bobby Petrino is quite pleased to acquire both a mauler as well as a protector for his quarterback.

9. Washington Redskins (f. Miami) - DT Amobi Okoye, Louisville
Washington acquire the additional Day One draft pick it desired, and gladly selects the remaining player at the top of their board in Amobi Okoye, who can strengthen the interior of the defense against both the run and the pass.

10. St. Louis Rams (f. Houston Texans f. Atlanta Falcons) - DT Alan Branch, Michigan
(Trade) STL - #13, #82, #117; HOU - #10, #107
The Rams are excited that Alan Branch has fallen as far as he has, allowing them to trade up a few spots for the mammoth tackle who can play the run well as well as put pressure on the pocket - all of which is important in trying to combat the opposing defenses in the NFC West.

11. San Francisco 49ers - DE Adam Carriker, Nebraska
Mike Nolan is very much tempted by Patrick Willis, but he also loves the way Adam Carriker plays the game no matter what is asked of him, and Nolan gives the nod to the big man from Nebraska to give his defensive line an immediate and impressive upgrade as his division rival Rams did a pick before.

12. Buffalo Bills - LB Patrick Willis, Ole Miss
The Bills let London Fletcher walk in the hopes of getting younger, stronger, quicker, and better in coverage at MLB, so they are quite pleased to select a warrior in both workouts and on the field in Patrick Willis.

13. Houston Texans (f. St. Louis Rams) - CB Chris Houston, Arkansas
The Texans were glad to acquire a 3rd round pick after giving up their 2nd round pick in the trade for Matt Schaub, and surprise some by taking the best cornerback on their Draft board in Chris Houston. Houston is the best man-corner in this Draft and could conceivably start from day one, giving the Texans a playmaker opposite Dunta Roibinson and making their improving defense even better - especially against division rivals Colts and Jaguars.

14. Carolina Panthers - DE Jamal Anderson, Arkansas
The Carolina Panthers didn't fuily expect promising junior DE Jamal Anderson to fall to their pick, but are glad to have the opportunity of drafting a potential playmaker opposite Julius Peppers to improve their defensive unit as a whole.

15. Jacksonville Jaguars (f. Pittsburgh Steelers) - S Reggie Nelson, Florida
(Trade) JAX: #17, #113, PIT: #15
Jack Del Rio doesn't want to risk his chance at Reggie Nelson, who the Jags war room considers to be the best ballhawk safety in this year's Draft. Even it means giving up a pick to the hated Steelers.

16. Green Bay Packers - RB Marshawn Lynch, Cal Berkeley
Ted Thompson's efforts to get younger and better at the runningback position are successful thanks to a stellar talent in Marshawn Lynch still being available at the Packers' pick. Lynch will add a great deal to their revamped offense.

17. New York Giants (f. Pittsburgh Steelers f. Jacksonville Jaguars) - CB Darrelle Revis, Pittsburgh
(Trade) NYG: #20, #81; PIT: #17, #119, #156
The Giants love what Darrelle Revis brings to the table and could bring to their defense specifically, and jump on the chance to trade up a few spots to draft him before someone else does.

18. Cincinnati Bengals - CB Leon Hall, Michigan
Karma lifts the Bengals' figurative chin up as a stellar cornerback with no character concerns whatsoever in Leon Hall falls to their lap, giving them a starter opposite last year's 1st round pick and stellar rookie CB Jonathan Joseph.

19. Tennessee Titans - WR Ted Ginn Jr, Ohio State
The Titans get some good fortunes for themselves as they have their pick of a wide receiver, including human highlight Teddy Ginn who they gladly draft for his ability to stretch all parts of the field with Vince Young as well as his superb return skills.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers (f. New York Giants) - LB Lawrence Timmons, Florida State
Mike Tomlin trades down not once but twice, but did so knowing he could land the player he wanted in Lawrence Timmons, who adds youth and an immense deal of talent to the Steelers' LB core.

21. Denver Broncos - OT Joe Staley, Central Michigan
Mike Shanahan is tempted by some of the pass rushers on the board, but ultimately decides to take a potential franchise left tackle for his team and young quarterback Jay Cutler specifically in Staley.

22. New Orleans Saints (f. Dallas Cowboys) - CB Aaron Ross, Texas
(Trade) NO: #27, #88; DAL: #22, #122
Sean Payton and the rest of the Saints war room desire both top-notch WR prospects remaining in Dwayne Bowe and Robert Meachem as they trade up here, but they love Aaron Ross' potential as a lightning-quick, number one corner and his preference for press coverage. With every rival in the NFC South upgrading their receiving cores in big ways this off-season, the Saints look to defend their division crown having Ross be a day one starter opposite veteran Mike McKenzie.

23. Kansas City Chiefs - WR Dwayne Bowe, LSU
Herm Edwards wouldn't normally draft a WR in the 1st round, but loves what Dwayne Bowe brings to the game as the best run-blocking WR in this year's Draft. Nevermind the potential of a Terrell Owens without the TO.

24. New England Patriots (f. Seattle Seahawks) - S Michael Griffin, Texas
The Patriots imemdiately strengthen their secondary and their special teams by drafting Griffin, in addition to giving them a futue at SS after Rodney Harrison.

25. New York Jets - TE Greg Olsen, Miami
Olsen gives the Jets a playmaker and a solid character at the TE position who impressively is far from reaching his best ball, and can give the quarterback a safety valve whether it be down the field for a chunk of yards or near the sideline for a first down.

26. San Diego Chargers (f. Philadelphia Eagles) - WR Robert Meachem, Tennessee
(Trade) SD #30, #62, #93; PHI: #26, #57
The Chargers jump at the chance to trade up for the surpringly available Meachem, giving them the ideal big-bodied deep threat they love to have opposite budding receiver Vincent Jackson.

27. Dallas Cowboys (f. New Orleans Saints) - DE Anthony Spencer, Purdue
Greg Ellis is dealing with a difficult injury to come back from immediately in an Achilles injury, and has 3 somewhat pricey years left on his current deal as a 32 year-old entering the season, so GM Jerry Jones decides to strengthen his defense by giving Wade Phillips a stellar pass-rusher in Spencer to play opposite stud OLB Demarcus Ware and give the defense a pass rush it can continually count on.

28. New England Patriots - LB Jon Beason, Miami
The Patriots feel they've gone 2-for-2 in the First Round as they are able to land the LB they coveted in Beason, unsurprising given their lack of depth and a future behind current veterans.

29. Baltimore Ravens - LB Paul Posluszny, Penn State
Ozzie Newsome strikes gold yet again? Poz may not be eye-popping or dynamic in spectacular fashion, but he plays the game very well on every single play, which fits right in with the consistently tough defense the Ravens want to lead their team.

30. Philadelphia Eagles (f. San Diego Chargers) - DE Jarvis Moss, Florida
The Eagles also have a knack for coming out of the First Round smelling like roses, and this year is no different as Andy Reid lands the additional draft pick he wanted in addition to drafting a stellar pass-rusher in Moss who only makes thier rotation even stronger, not to mention giving them better insurance should highly injury-prone Jevon Kearse be lost yet again.

31. Chicago Bears - WR Dwayne Jarrett, Southern Cal
The Bears are pleased to draft Muhsin Muhammed's successor in Dwyane Jarrett, although hopefully Jarrett can pick up Muhammed's toughness before the transition is complete.

32. Indianapolis Colts - DT Justin Harrell, Tennessee
Bill Polian and Tony Dungy opt to go with the BPA on their board as usual, in this case with the players that have been drafted previous, it's Harrell who can give the Colts' interior defensive line additional playmaking ability against both the run and the pass.

Acreboy
04-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Not sure if we'd trade up for Ross. He'd be great but I think we'd stay there and take the BPA

Good pick all the way around though.

go_ravens94
04-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Like this mock. A good read.

Anyway, Poz is an interesting pick for the Ravens. I'd rather have JMoss, though if we got Poz I'd be ecstatic.

princefielder28
04-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Lynch is always the right way to go

LitoSheppard
04-13-2007, 05:24 PM
I like the Eagles trade and the pick is decent because we do need a DE and Moss is good value there. However, Brandon Meriwether could be a possibility. I like the Moss Pick better though. I love Eagles Situation A- on Eagles.

RaiderNation
04-13-2007, 05:32 PM
okay raider pick

Yung Flippa
04-13-2007, 05:47 PM
i would rather have Jarvis Moss

hugegmenfan
04-13-2007, 05:50 PM
ok giants pick but NO trade up- revis is good but with timmons, beason, poz, ross there is no way we trade up.

Geo
04-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Not sure if we'd trade up for Ross. He'd be great but I think we'd stay there and take the BPA

Good pick all the way around though.
I think the Saints might look for CB or WR than LB, which is why I think they trade up in that scenario instead of risk losing out on who they really want. If the team feels comfortable with staying at #27 to take Justin Harrell, or decides to take a promising DE should they feel Charles Grant won't be with the team long-term, that might prompt them to feel otherwise.

Maybe if the Saints propose an offer for RFA CB Jason David of the Colts, which they likely won't match and thus garner a 4th round pick in compensation from the Saints, that may change the Saints as well although I think Ross is an excellent pick and will be the team's #1 CB when Mike McKenzie gets a litte older and his skills decline. As I said, every other team in NFC South has upgraded their receiving core so the Saints improving their secondary will help a great deal, I think.

I forgot to mention, but Ross could also add to their return game should the coaching staff not want to subject Reggie Bush to that many touches there.

Like this mock. A good read.

Anyway, Poz is an interesting pick for the Ravens. I'd rather have JMoss, though if we got Poz I'd be ecstatic.
Moss would also make for an excellent pick, I agree. I think Moss in the late first is going to make some playoff team quite happy, and Posluszny is the same way. Just like the Ravens can count on guys like veterans Ray Lewis and Bart Scott to bring it every week, Poz will do so as well.

I think Ozzie Newsome can do yet another great job in finding an OLB later on in the Draft, helping to keep the quality of depth after Adalius Thomas' departure in FA. They've set themselves up pretty well as is, with Jarrett Johnson and Dan Cody ready for bigger roles.

Geo
04-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Lynch is always the right way to go
I don't believe this trash about Lynch falling out of the First Round. The idea of a red flag recently being sprouted, despite the fact that Lynch's back made the trip to the Combine (I imagine he'd have a hard time leaving it behind) and that the incident involving an accussation was similarly weeks ago, is laughable at best.

If anything, it's probably the work of some POS person or team who is trying to bad-mouth Lynch in the hopes of him reaching their pick. He's an excellent fit for the Packers in both the running game and the passing game, and he has far less wear on his body and legs especially than many backs coming out of college (unless you're including workout warriors who haven't done much at all).

I like the Eagles trade and the pick is decent because we do need a DE and Moss is good value there. However, Brandon Meriwether could be a possibility. I like the Moss Pick better though. I love Eagles Situation A- on Eagles.
Honestly, I'd sooner give the Eagles Eric Weddle before I'd give them Brandon Meriweather. I'll have to see Andy Reid drafting Meriweather to believe it.

Geo
04-13-2007, 06:14 PM
okay raider pick
To the Raiders' credit:

(1) The incoming WR prospects in the next few years beat the QB prospects by leaps and bounds. Don't get me wrong, I like Brian Brohm, but he's no Jamarcus Russell.

(2) There's a school of thought that if you're paying anyone that much money, it should be a franchise quarterback.

ok giants pick but NO trade up- revis is good but with timmons, beason, poz, ross there is no way we trade up.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants ranked Revis higher than all of those players you just listed, quite honestly. But there's no way he gets past both Cincinnati and Tennessee, which is why I think the Giants trade up to take the guy they really want.

asmitty45
04-13-2007, 06:30 PM
good one for the lions

04-13-2007, 06:34 PM
March 17th, 1-round mock (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4202)
March 30th, 2 rounds without trades (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5270)

I've incorporated proposed trades, in this case in only one round of a mock draft. I'm pretty pleased with it actually, maybe moreso than any other mock I've done. Tell me what you think.
- Geo

2007 NFL DRAFT

ROUND 1

1. Oakland Raiders - QB Jamarcus Russell, LSU
Al Davis and Lane Kiffin decide to go with the elite quarterback prospect in Jamarcus Russell over the elite wide receiver prospect in Calvin Johnson. Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, and Ronald Curry certainly don't mind.

2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (f. Detroit Lions) - WR Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech
(Trade) TB - #4, #64, 2008 2nd round; DET - #2
Jon Gruden gives up the 2nd round pick from the mid-season Anthony McFarland trade and his 08 2nd round pick to get Calvin Johnson, the best wide receiver prospect yet seen by the NFL. Johnson, with his presence and bevy of talent, immedately makes life easier for whoever the quarterback will be, Cadillac Williams, and Joey Galloway.

3. Cleveland Browns - RB Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma
As tempted as he may be by Brady Quinn, GM Phil Savage can't pass up Adrian Peterson to serve as his franchise's all-purpose back for years to come.

4. Detroit (f. Tampa Bay Buccaneers) - DE Gaines Adams, Clemson
Matt Millen and Rod Marinelli are able to acquire more picks and still land the player they coveted, Gaines Adams, the best defensive player in this year's class and a stellar pass rusher.

5. Arizona Cardinals - OT Joe Thomas, Wisconsin
The Cardinals can't turn in their card with Thomas' name written on it soon enough.

Riding themselves of the injured Daunte Culpepper as well as Kansas City's asinine demands for a temporary at best solution in Trent Green, a long-in-the-tooth veteran with concerns of his own, Cam Cameron starts his era correctly with a qaurterback prospect many consider to be the best in the class.

7. Minnesota Vikings - S Laron Landry, LSU
The Vikings might have a lot of depth at safety for 2007, but Landry offers them a young playmaker and defensive captain for the next six years.

8. Atlanta Falcons (f. Houston Texans) - OT Levi Brown, Penn State
Too much is made of Brown's measurables and Bobby Petrino is quite pleased to acquire both a mauler as well as a protector for his quarterback.

9. Washington Redskins (f. Miami) - DT Amobi Okoye, Louisville
Washington acquire the additional Day One draft pick it desired, and gladly selects the remaining player at the top of their board in Amobi Okoye, who can strengthen the interior of the defense against both the run and the pass.

10. St. Louis Rams (f. Houston Texans f. Atlanta Falcons) - DT Alan Branch, Michigan
(Trade) STL - #13, #82, #117; HOU - #10, #107
The Rams are excited that Alan Branch has fallen as far as he has, allowing them to trade up a few spots for the mammoth tackle who can play the run well as well as put pressure on the pocket - all of which is important in trying to combat the opposing defenses in the NFC West.

11. San Francisco 49ers - DE Adam Carriker, Nebraska
Mike Nolan is very much tempted by Patrick Willis, but he also loves the way Adam Carriker plays the game no matter what is asked of him, and Nolan gives the nod to the big man from Nebraska to give his defensive line an immediate and impressive upgrade as his division rival Rams did a pick before.

12. Buffalo Bills - LB Patrick Willis, Ole Miss
The Bills let London Fletcher walk in the hopes of getting younger, stronger, quicker, and better in coverage at MLB, so they are quite pleased to select a warrior in both workouts and on the field in Patrick Willis.

13. Houston Texans (f. St. Louis Rams) - CB Chris Houston, Arkansas
The Texans were glad to acquire a 3rd round pick after giving up their 2nd round pick in the trade for Matt Schaub, and surprise some by taking the best cornerback on their Draft board in Chris Houston. Houston is the best man-corner in this Draft and could conceivably start from day one, giving the Texans a playmaker opposite Dunta Roibinson and making their improving defense even better - especially against division rivals Colts and Jaguars.

14. Carolina Panthers - DE Jamal Anderson, Arkansas
The Carolina Panthers didn't fuily expect promising junior DE Jamal Anderson to fall to their pick, but are glad to have the opportunity of drafting a potential playmaker opposite Julius Peppers to improve their defensive unit as a whole.

15. Jacksonville Jaguars (f. Pittsburgh Steelers) - S Reggie Nelson, Florida
(Trade) JAX: #17, #113, PIT: #15
Jack Del Rio doesn't want to risk his chance at Reggie Nelson, who the Jags war room considers to be the best ballhawk safety in this year's Draft. Even it means giving up a pick to the hated Steelers.

16. Green Bay Packers - RB Marshawn Lynch, Cla Berkeley
Ted Thompson's efforts to get younger and better at the runningback position are successful thanks to a stellar talent in Marshawn Lynch still being available at the Packers' pick. Lynch will add a great deal to their revamped offense.

17. New York Giants (f. Pittsburgh Steelers f. Jacksonville Jaguars) - CB Darrelle Revis, Pittsburgh
(Trade) NYG: #20, #81; PIT: #17, #119, #156
The Giants love what Darrelle Revis brings to the table and could bring to their defense specifically, and jump on the chance to trade up a few spots to draft him before someone else does.

18. Cincinnati Bengals - CB Leon Hall, Michigan
Karma lifts the Bengals' figurative chin up as a stellar cornerback with no character concerns whatsoever in Leon Hall falls to their lap, giving them a starter opposite last year's 1st round pick and stellar rookie CB Jonathan Joseph.

19. Tennessee Titans - WR Ted Ginn Jr, Ohio State
The Titans get some good fortunes for themselves as they have their pick of a wide receiver, including human highlight Teddy Ginn who they gladly draft for his ability to stretch all parts of the field with Vince Young as well as his superb return skills.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers (f. New York Giants) - LB Lawrence Timmons, Florida State
Mike Tomlin trades down not once but twice, but did so knowing he could land the player he wanted in Lawrence Timmons, who adds youth and an immense deal of talent to the Steelers' LB core.

21. Denver Broncos - OT Joe Staley, Central Michigan
Mike Shanahan is tempted by some of the pass rushers on the board, but ultimately decides to take a potential franchise left tackle for his team and young quarterback Jay Cutler specifically in Staley.

22. New Orleans Saints (f. Dallas Cowboys) - CB Aaron Ross, Texas
(Trade) NO: #27, #88; DAL: #22, #122
Sean Payton and the rest of the Saints war room desire both top-notch WR prospects remaining in Dwayne Bowe and Robert Meachem as they trade up here, but they love Aaron Ross' potential as a lightning-quick, number one corner and his preference for press coverage. With every rival in the NFC South upgrading their receiving cores in big ways this off-season, the Saints look to defend their division crown having Ross be a day one starter opposite veteran Mike McKenzie.

23. Kansas City Chiefs - WR Dwayne Bowe, LSU
Herm Edwards wouldn't normally draft a WR in the 1st round, but loves what Dwayne Bowe brings to the game as the best run-blocking WR in this year's Draft. Nevermind the potential of a Terrell Owens without the TO.

24. New England Patriots (f. Seattle Seahawks) - S Michael Griffin, Texas
The Patriots imemdiately strengthen their secondary and their special teams by drafting Griffin, in addition to giving them a futue at SS after Rodney Harrison.

25. New York Jets - TE Greg Olsen, Miami
Olsen gives the Jets a playmaker and a solid character at the TE position who impressively is far from reaching his best ball, and can give the quarterback a safety valve whether it be down the field for a chunk of yards or near the sideline for a first down.

26. San Diego Chargers (f. Philadelphia Eagles) - WR Robert Meachem, Tennessee
(Trade) SD #30, #62, #93; PHI: #26, #57
The Chargers jump at the chance to trade up for the surpringly available Meachem, giving them the ideal big-bodied deep threat they love to have opposite budding receiver Vincent Jackson.

27. Dallas Cowboys (f. New Orleans Saints) - DE Anthony Spencer, Purdue
Greg Ellis is dealing with a difficult injury to come back from immediately in an Achilles injury, and has 3 somewhat pricey years left on his current deal as a 32 year-old entering the season, so GM Jerry Jones decides to strengthen his defense by giving Wade Phillips a stellar pass-rusher in Spencer to play opposite stud OLB Demarcus Ware and give the defense a pass rush it can continually count on.

28. New England Patriots - LB Jon Beason, Miami
The Patriots feel they've gone 2-for-2 in the First Round as they are able to land the LB they coveted in Beason, unsurprising given their lack of depth and a future behind current veterans.

29. Baltimore Ravens - LB Paul Posluszny, Penn State
Ozzie Newsome strikes gold yet again? Poz may not be eye-popping or dynamic in spectacular fashion, but he plays the game very well on every single play, which fits right in with the consistently tough defense the Ravens want to lead their team.

30. Philadelphia Eagles (f. San Diego Chargers) - DE Jarvis Moss, Florida
The Eagles also have a knack for coming out of the First Round smelling like roses, and this year is no different as Andy Reid lands the additional draft pick he wanted in addition to drafting a stellar pass-rusher in Moss who only makes thier rotation even stronger, not to mention giving them better insurance should highly injury-prone Jevon Kearse be lost yet again.

31. Chicago Bears - WR Dwayne Jarrett, Southern Cal
The Bears are pleased to draft Muhsin Muhammed's successor in Dwyane Jarrett, although hopefully Jarrett can pick up Muhammed's toughness before the transition is complete.

32. Indianapolis Colts - DT Justin Harrell, Tennessee
Bill Polian and Tony Dungy opt to go with the BPA on their board as usual, in this case with the players that have been drafted previous, it's Harrell who can give the Colts' interior defensive line additional playmaking ability against both the run and the pass.

nice mock draft but switch the Posluszny pick with the Beason pick because Beason is more of a 4-3 linebacker than a 3-4 linebacker. Also Posluszny is the better player and he fits into the Patriots scheme better.

04-13-2007, 06:40 PM
To the Raiders' credit:

(1) The incoming WR prospects in the next few years beat the QB prospects by leaps and bounds. Don't get me wrong, I like Brian Brohm, but he's no Jamarcus Russell.

(2) There's a school of thought that if you're paying anyone that much money, it should be a franchise quarterback.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants ranked Revis higher than all of those players you just listed, quite honestly. But there's no way he gets past both Cincinnati and Tennessee, which is why I think the Giants trade up to take the guy they really want.

Mark my words JaMarcus Russell will be the next Daunte Cullpeper. That is not necessarily a good thing though. He will be a good quarterback but like Cullpeper he will be inconsistent and his weight will hinder his mobility when he gets older. He is not a hard worker and does not love the game. He will probably be good but you do not take a guy first overall to be good; you take guys that are great. He should go late in the first round but that is just my opinion. I like Brady Quinn a lot and think that he is the best QB in this draft. Also I like Brian Brohm a lot. I believe that you should have a quarterback who has a passion for the game and also is consistent otherwise your team will be inconsistent.

04-13-2007, 06:42 PM
I like Marshawn Lynch a lot and agree that he is a premier talent but I am intrigued by Ted Ginn's speed. Ginn has just gotten better each year but he is raw. The bottom line is the Packers should have a lot of great players available that can fill their needs.

Geo
04-13-2007, 06:43 PM
nice mock draft but switch the Posluszny pick with the Beason pick because Beason is more of a 4-3 linebacker than a 3-4 linebacker. Also Posluszny is the better player and he fits into the Patriots scheme better.
I think it's safe to say that Beason is better in coverage than Poz, a critical need for the Patriots at the ILB position, and doesn't give up much ground as a thumper if at all. It's not entirely surprising the Patriots have shown much more interest in Beason in the pre-Draft process than Poz by now.

FYI, you can just quote the part of the post you're referring to (deleting the rest). No need to quote the whole mock next time.

Tampa 2 4 life
04-13-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm not liking the Bucs Trade, we won't trade up for him, if he falls to us everyone will be doing cartwheels, but we have more needs than WR.

04-13-2007, 07:03 PM
I think it's safe to say that Beason is better in coverage than Poz, a critical need for the Patriots at the ILB position, and doesn't give up much ground as a thumper if at all. It's not entirely surprising the Patriots have shown much more interest in Beason in the pre-Draft process than Poz by now.

FYI, you can just quote the part of the post you're referring to (deleting the rest). No need to quote the whole mock next time.

I was talking about the whole mock draft so that is why I quoted the whole thing. FYI, i know how to do that.

neko4
04-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Good Green bay pick

04-13-2007, 07:11 PM
No me gusta JaMarcus Russell

04-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Good Green bay pick

agreed. Marshawn Lynch would be a steal at 16.

portis_clinton
04-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Close to the best possible situation for the Redskins.

Rams24
04-13-2007, 08:06 PM
i think if both branch and anerson are there at 10 then the rams will sit pretty and take the risk that one of them will be there. if not then i would agree houston is the best cb in the draft and they would take him.

on houston from what ive seen he is the only one of the top 3 cb that goes out and makes big plays and covers man really well. houston and hill would be an awesome cb duo for the rams if bartell never develops into a starter.

DraftMasterG
04-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Good draft Calvin Johnson is worth the Bucs skipping ahead of the Browns if they are afraid that he will get picked by the Browns at 3.

Caddy
04-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Leave the Bucs at #4. If we miss out on CJ it is no big deal, when Joe Thomas, Amobi Okoye and Gaines Adams are still on the board.

DraftMasterG
04-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Losing out on CJ is like a fat kid losing out on cake.

Geo
04-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Leave the Bucs at #4. If we miss out on CJ it is no big deal, when Joe Thomas, Amobi Okoye and Gaines Adams are still on the board.
I can see the Bucs trading up to #2 to land a dynamic playmaker like CJ, but I don't buy recent talk/rumor of Gruden willing to trade his entire Draft class of picks and next year's 1st round pick to move up to #1. I don't know where that came from, but that's rubbish imo.

Go_Eagles77
04-17-2007, 06:33 PM
WR isn't a 1st round need for us.

Geo
04-17-2007, 06:36 PM
WR isn't a 1st round need for us.
Did I say it was?

derza222
04-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Love the Cincy pick, I think Hall would definitely be the best fit out of all the corners there, and I like the NYJ pick as well, Olsen would do some very nice things for our offense. Nice read overall.

Jhawk386
04-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Love the Chiefs pick. Sadly, I don't think Herm will pick Bowe, but I can hope.

Finsfan79
04-19-2007, 01:39 PM

Great trade and pick. Although many folks hate the idea of giving up a day 1 pick. Thanks to ripping off the pats for welker (I wish him well) we get ourselves the player we want and still have 2 2nds to get some Oline, wr, secondary :)

tylere0814
04-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Probably one of the more realistic mocks i've seen. Could definitely see Miami trading up for Quinn after the talks of releasing Culpepper. I'd love to see you finish up day one. there is still a lot of talent on the board, might as well finish rounds 2 and 3.