PDA

View Full Version : Best Back-Up QB in the NFL?

07-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Rookies who are the #2 are included. Now, Im not totally briefed on every teams QB position so if I say your #3 is your #2 for instance please inform me nicely. Also there are too many backups to name so I only named the ones whose team name was early in the alphabet, or the ones I could remember.

Its Matt Schaub easily

Shiver
I voted David Garrard, he'd be a very good starting QB on most other teams.

07-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Its Matt Schaub easily

I should have added him but i didnt get to "F" before it was filled.

Staubach12
07-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Matt Schaub

yodabear
07-28-2006, 03:18 PM
Too bad I can't edit this poll.....GUS FEROTTE!

ny10804
Wait, so why isn't Schaub an option?

Matt Schuab, and there isn't a close second. He could start for like 10 teams right now.

Staubach12
07-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Schaub is the future of the Dallas Cowboys :wink:

Shiver
07-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Matt Schuab, and there isn't a close second. He could start for like 10 teams right now.

So could Garrard. He was very good last year for Jacksonville. Totaling 7 Touchdowns to 2 Turnovers, 200 Passing Yards and 20 Rushing Yards per game in his 5 starts.

EdReedUnstoppable
07-28-2006, 03:26 PM
I voted David Garrard but I officially vote that this poll sucks, how can you have Leinart, Cutler, Harrington and not have Kyle Boller he is better than all of them.

07-28-2006, 03:28 PM
I voted David Garrard but I officially vote that this poll sucks, how can you have Leinart, Cutler, Harrington and not have Kyle Boller he is better than all of them.

All-NFLDC, or All-Homer?

GB12
07-28-2006, 03:29 PM

All-NFLDC, or All-Homer?

stop with calling people homer. you could very easily have that lable but crybaby is there

07-28-2006, 03:31 PM

All-NFLDC, or All-Homer?

stop with calling people homer. you could very easily have that lable but crybaby is there

"People?" I don't know what you are talking about, I only called one person a homer.

EdReedUnstoppable
07-28-2006, 03:32 PM

All-NFLDC, or All-Homer?

So Kyle Boller isnt better than Cutl;er, Leinart, and Harrington? Hmm 2 rookies and a guy who constantly turns the ball over...........Boller is better than those 3.

07-28-2006, 03:33 PM
No, I don't think Boller is better than Harrington or Leinart.

EdReedUnstoppable
07-28-2006, 03:34 PM

Then you have lost your mind. 8)

njx9

All-NFLDC, or All-Homer?

So Kyle Boller isnt better than Cutl;er, Leinart, and Harrington? Hmm 2 rookies and a guy who constantly turns the ball over...........Boller is better than those 3.

seconded.

though i would add that cutler and leinart may be better at some point this season.

it is odd to see people give up on boller already... what'd he have, 2 games with a real offense?

GB12

All-NFLDC, or All-Homer?

"People?" I don't know what you are talking about, I only called one person a homer.

from yodachu's thread
After your Bears analysis, you just lost all credibility.
I wont even go into how our offense will be much better, b/c I would go on a rant

You could be labeled a homer, but i 100% agree with you.

I expect to see improvement in the passing game, I think one of your young WRs will step up, and I think if Grossman is healthy, then he is a very solid QB.

I love Cedric Benson, he will show why he was the #4 pick in the draft. I mean, if u won 12 games (or was it 13?, w/e) with Kyle Orton...

07-28-2006, 05:42 PM
Also there are too many backups to name so I only named the ones whose team name was early in the alphabet, or the ones I could remember.

draftguru151
07-28-2006, 05:42 PM

Then you have lost your mind. 8)

ERU :shock:

Yea, he lost it a while ago. :lol:

07-28-2006, 05:46 PM
from yodachu's thread
After your Bears analysis, you just lost all credibility.
I wont even go into how our offense will be much better, b/c I would go on a rant

You could be labeled a homer, but i 100% agree with you.

I expect to see improvement in the passing game, I think one of your young WRs will step up, and I think if Grossman is healthy, then he is a very solid QB.

I love Cedric Benson, he will show why he was the #4 pick in the draft. I mean, if u won 12 games (or was it 13?, w/e) with Kyle Orton...[/quote]

You misunderstood, I meant be labeled a homer by other people, but not me.

07-28-2006, 05:54 PM

wow. did you see how Boller played at the end of the year?

yourfavestoner
07-28-2006, 06:35 PM

All-NFLDC, or All-Homer?

seconded.

though i would add that cutler and leinart may be better at some point this season.

it is odd to see people give up on boller already... what'd he have, 2 games with a real offense?

I agree as well. I think they gave up on Boller too quickly. The move to get McNair seems to be no more than a panic move by Billick.

ninerfan
07-28-2006, 06:38 PM
Its Matt Schaub easily

Yep correct. I voted Dilfer though.

Gimme 8 games and best back up will be Kurt Warner

07-28-2006, 06:40 PM
Its Matt Schaub easily

Leinart isnt gonna play unless Warner goes down. And even then Davey might start instead.

ninerfan
07-28-2006, 06:44 PM
Its Matt Schaub easily

Leinart isnt gonna play unless Warner goes down. And even then Davey might start instead.

Dont bet on it. Leinart is ready and yes ideally he sits for a season but dont kid yourself - you've got an old Kurt Warner not the Kurt Warner of old. Half the season before Leinarts in

07-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Its Matt Schaub easily

Dont bet on it. Leinart is ready and yes ideally he sits for a season but dont kid yourself - you've got an old Kurt Warner not the Kurt Warner of old. Half the season before Leinarts in

are you saying warner cant produce or he'll get hurt?

ninerfan
07-28-2006, 06:51 PM
Its Matt Schaub easily

are you saying warner cant produce or he'll get hurt?

Bit of both. He'll get hurt at some stage but I just dont think he's got it anymore. Leinart will be great and with the positive media exposure, new stadium, Edge the cards cant afford to start slow. Warners only a couple of average performances away from the clipboard

President
07-28-2006, 06:54 PM
The Giants have Rob Johnson backing up Eli. :lol:

07-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Adrian McPherson.

(no, seriously.)

07-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Adrian McPherson.

(no, seriously.)

And don't give me none of this!

http://photos.tarheeltimes.com/photos/Funny%20UNC-related%20Photos/Adrian%20McPherson.jpg

thetedginnshow
07-28-2006, 07:00 PM
I can't believe Seneca Wallace isn't in that poll. :lol:

Jensen
07-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Matt Schaub.