PDA

View Full Version : Joe Staley

hugegmenfan
04-13-2007, 05:55 PM
I have seen numerous mock drafts including scotts saying how we are going to take this guy. I am soo against drafting this guy. He was regarded as a 2nd round pick may be an early 3rd rounder before the combine and now because he moved his feet somewhat quickly and ran fast hes sky rocketing? he is not worth the 20th pick and i very much object to this pick. The only realistic Olineman i would want is Levi Brown. If we trade down into the bottom 3-5 picks and we got a great deal, i would take staley but not @ 20th overall. I would much rather take a star OLB or CB there. Thoughts?

scottyboy
04-13-2007, 05:59 PM
i actually read the Falcons are interested in him. i was shocked becuz he'd be a HUGE reach at 8... read on SI.com for what its worth

Forenci
04-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Scott was talking to some Giants fans and I threw up the question on whether or not he thought we'd trade down to take Joe Staley - he said Staley going to the Giants at #20 was the best possible thing that could happen for Joe, so I don't see it being likely.

I've said in the past I really like Staley because he's a good finese pass protection guy, and if we traded down to 29-32 I wouldn't mind if we got him around there. I liked his Senior Bowl performance also, not just his combine.

GiantRutgersFan
04-13-2007, 10:46 PM
Joe Staley is a good player. I think he's better then Levi Brown to be honest with you.

Obviously having a legit Left Tackle is a major need for us. I dont think its imperative that we grab Staley, but I certainly wouldnt mind it.

Ideally I would trade down a few spots and pick up another 3rd rounder or something like that, but I wouldnt mind either way.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-14-2007, 10:20 AM
Joe Staley is a reach and a project player. He gets beat way to often, but is a workout guy who puts up good numbers. Also, has excellent athletic ability, which teams love, and their eyes get better when they see that. He cant start right away, and needs to work on his technique. Also, he gets beat way too often by guys. I believe his teammate Bazuin, owned him habitually during practices and one on one drills. If we got him in the first round, I think i'd be beyond pissed off. Anyone but him! If want to go LT than get Brown, if he is off the board, and mostly will be, than have patience until later rounds, or wait until next year.

hugegmenfan
04-15-2007, 10:46 AM
apparently mel kipers most recent mock draft has the giants taking staley...god i hope this doesnt happen

moc182
04-15-2007, 04:16 PM
I have seen numerous mock drafts including scotts saying how we are going to take this guy. I am soo against drafting this guy. He was regarded as a 2nd round pick may be an early 3rd rounder before the combine and now because he moved his feet somewhat quickly and ran fast hes sky rocketing? he is not worth the 20th pick and i very much object to this pick. The only realistic Olineman i would want is Levi Brown. If we trade down into the bottom 3-5 picks and we got a great deal, i would take staley but not @ 20th overall. I would much rather take a star OLB or CB there. Thoughts?

Staley has always been considered a first rounder by those in the know. He just wasn't a big national name because he played at Central Michigan. I've had him ranked in my top 15 for months, just cause you hadn't heard of him doesn't mean he was a third rounder.

hugegmenfan
04-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Staley has always been considered a first rounder by those in the know. He just wasn't a big national name because he played at Central Michigan. I've had him ranked in my top 15 for months, just cause you hadn't heard of him doesn't mean he was a third rounder.

for ur information i had heard of him. i knew who he was and i regarded him the 4th best tackle behind thomas, brown and slightly behind ugoh. That is not true at all that he was ALWAYS regarded as a 1st rounder. After the combine and workouts then was he recently promoted and i feel he is being a bit overrated simply based on foot drills and speed. I think he will be a good nfl player and if the giants take him i would like to see us trade down, pick up an extra 3rd or something and then do it because i think he is not worth the 20th pick overall.

GiantRutgersFan
04-15-2007, 05:21 PM
^fair enough, but he was always considered a top 50 pick for sure.

depending on the board I wouldnt mind a little trade down