PDA

View Full Version : Al Wilson

stephenson86
04-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Lets take him, hes amazing and we have cap room, we could do with him in the middle

MicktheGreat
04-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Lets take him, hes amazing and we have cap room, we could do with him in the middle

I've heard that his back is in pretty bad shape (in fact, I think I remember reading that the reason his trade to the Giants or Lions didn't go through was because he failed his physical or something).

If he's hurting enough to fail his physical, I'm not sure how much help he'd be to our LB core (especially for the price he'd likely ask). I'd rather give Tulloch/Fowler a chance to prove themselves at MLB...

Phrost
04-14-2007, 04:25 PM
You guys are stacked at LB overall spend it elsewhere.

aNYtitan
04-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Well I say lets bring him in for at least an interview and a physical. The guy was a former Pro Bowler the last few seasons, and is one of the top MLB in the game. Whats the problem with an interview?

HorusKing
04-17-2007, 02:00 AM
I say do it and the injury might not be that bad as reported. The interview can't hurt and plus he is from Tennessee. I think we need to look at MLB's Brandon Siler & Buster Davis in the 3rd or 4th round.

Bobertchin
04-17-2007, 06:10 PM
It wouldn't hurt to give him a physical. He may be willing to take a bit less too, because we can't afford to give a risky guy a lot of money (and neither can anyone else). If he CAN play, he would be a nice guy to have.

All that said, I seriously doubt we would do it. Fisher just doesn't value MLB that much anymore. We don't use them enough in our system.

Cashmoney
04-17-2007, 08:34 PM
no thanks to mr. wilson. weve invested money on fowler and tulloch and we could still draft a LB, so lets pass on this one.

MicktheGreat
04-17-2007, 08:50 PM
no thanks to mr. wilson. weve invested money on fowler and tulloch and we could still draft a LB, so lets pass on this one.

With so many needs on our team, I think the coaches are content with letting Fowler & Tulloch fight for the starting job.

Hopefully, one of the young guys will pan out...

Jimmy
04-17-2007, 09:00 PM
I would strongly reccomed you spend it elsewhere on... perhaps on hartwell.

stephenson86
04-18-2007, 03:29 PM
With so many needs on our team, I think the coaches are content with letting Fowler & Tulloch fight for the starting job.

Hopefully, one of the young guys will pan out...

fowler blows, end of story, i have no hope in him

TitanHope
04-18-2007, 09:19 PM
All that said, I seriously doubt we would do it. Fisher just doesn't value MLB that much anymore. We don't use them enough in our system.

Exactly. We run too many Nickle formations, and our MLB doesn't see the field too much. Thats why we'll never break the bank for any big name MLB, or select Ray Maulauga next year in the first round(Like I saw one '08 Mock has us selecting) or take a MLB highly in any other draft. We just don't use them as much as other teams.

HorusKing
04-21-2007, 08:50 AM
The problem with the titans defense is that they have no leader and think AL Wilson can bring leadership where he was the catalyst in that Broncos defense. If we don't address this position in free agency I think the 3rd or 4th round we need to get a good young MLB like Brandon Siler, Buster Davis. I have no faith in Fowler who was a back up in Dallas or Stephen Tulloch.