PDA

View Full Version : All - NFLDC QB - Tom Brady

stephenson86
07-30-2006, 11:31 AM
This is too find out who you here aat NFLDC think would be most suited too lead a team.

All QB's have been chosen for either their ability too pass, read defences, use their legs, lead a team

the options are as follows, if you think i have missed someone (i dont think i have) then tell me and if i think ur reason is valid enough i will add them

VOTE AWAY

PS i spelt mannings name right but then thought it was wrong, so i messed up :lol:

AND PLEASE NO HOMERISM, IF YOU VOTE AGAINST YOUR TEAMS QB IT WONT MEAN YOU GO TO HELL, IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU DONT THINK HE IS THE BEST QB FOR LEADING A TEAM OVER THE OTHERS

Ravens1991
07-30-2006, 11:33 AM
Tom Brady,good idea w/ this I was thinking about doing this. Tom Brady doesn't crack under pressure

Jensen
07-30-2006, 11:34 AM
Trent Green? And I'd go with Tom Brady.

bigbluedefense
Now...Tom Brady no doubt. I can't think of a more clutch qb in the league. This isn't about stats or TD passes, like you said, this is about LEADING your team. And Brady is easily the top candidate.

Hopefully Eli can get there in the next couple of years. :D

stephenson86
Tom Brady,good idea w/ this I was thinking about doing this. Tom Brady doesn't crack under pressure

its just something that doesnt involve people making any effort, only a little vote so i figured it would be interesting too see who we all think would be best

The Unseen
07-30-2006, 11:35 AM
Option #2.

stephenson86
Trent Green? And I'd go with Tom Brady.

I figured him but then i took him away :?

bigbluedefense
Just so you know...polls don't work. You're gonna see an unusual amount of votes for Drew Bledsoe....just a hunch.

stephenson86
07-30-2006, 11:40 AM
Just so you know...polls don't work. You're gonna see an unusual amount of votes for Drew Bledsoe....just a hunch.

hold on then

Dillen
07-30-2006, 11:41 AM
Yeah. I dont know why he's even on the thing.

I voted for McNabb because no one else will vote for him because Brady will win anyways.

Shane P. Hallam
07-30-2006, 11:50 AM
I'll take Peyton Manning. Honestly, he hasn't choked a whole lot, and against any team not in a 3-4, he dominates. You add another coach on the field, he can read defenses like no other.

As a Steeler fan, with our defense and O-line, I think Peyton would def. take us to a Super Bowl. I love Ben, don't get me wrong, but he scares me beyond belief. Peyton IS the best QB in the NFL. Brady is right up there, and one of my favorite players (despite his Michigan ties,) but he doesn't command the on field presence that Manning has. People say Peyton chokes, but his defense has choked too, so had Dungy and the coaching staff. It's not on Peyton, he is #1.

sweetness34
07-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Tom Brady...All he needs to do is put up his hand with 3 SB Rings and that's my answer.

Peyton Manning is the best All-Around QB in the NFL, but until he wins a "big game," I'm going with Brady.

I hope Peyton isn't the next Marino, great QB that doesn't get a SB.

07-30-2006, 12:29 PM
Manning.

draftguru151
07-30-2006, 12:34 PM
I'll take the best QB on this list, Peyton Manning.

Daunte can't even get on the list, not even over Brees?

07-30-2006, 12:35 PM
I'd take Daunte over Vick and Bledsoe

Shane P. Hallam
07-30-2006, 12:39 PM
Tom Brady...All he needs to do is put up his hand with 3 SB Rings and that's my answer.

Peyton Manning is the best All-Around QB in the NFL, but until he wins a "big game," I'm going with Brady.

Maybe it stems from me being a Marino fan (I'm wearing his jersey right now, maybe some subliminal message from this thread made me put it on,) but SB rings are for a team. I don't consider them a great bench mark. It's about wins, points scored, QB rating, etc, all things Peyton is good at. I mean, you need a defense to win a SB, you do, and the Colts didn't have a good one until last year, and the game they lost in the playoffs, they failed the team as the Steelers lit them up. Not saying Peyton had a good game, but your defense can pull your QB through a game (see SB,) and Peyton made big plays int hat playoff game, the defense didn't even give them a chance.

07-30-2006, 12:40 PM
how long does this run 4?

moc182
07-30-2006, 12:47 PM
I don't reallt know what the question is asking, it's phrased pretty poorly. I took it as what QB I would have if I could have any QB in the league, and that would be Carson Palmer.

07-30-2006, 12:51 PM
I don't reallt know what the question is asking, it's phrased pretty poorly. I took it as what QB I would have if I could have any QB in the league, and that would be Carson Palmer.

i think we're picking like a preseason All-Pro team.

moc182
07-30-2006, 12:52 PM

i think we're picking like a preseason All-Pro team.

O, well in that case it would be Manning.

07-30-2006, 12:53 PM
if this was for the future it would be Palmer no doubt

smittyjs
07-30-2006, 01:11 PM
Tom Brady

07-30-2006, 01:14 PM
I'll take Peyton Manning. Honestly, he hasn't choked a whole lot, and against any team not in a 3-4, he dominates. You add another coach on the field, he can read defenses like no other.

As a Steeler fan, with our defense and O-line, I think Peyton would def. take us to a Super Bowl. I love Ben, don't get me wrong, but he scares me beyond belief. Peyton IS the best QB in the NFL. Brady is right up there, and one of my favorite players (despite his Michigan ties,) but he doesn't command the on field presence that Manning has. People say Peyton chokes, but his defense has choked too, so had Dungy and the coaching staff. It's not on Peyton, he is #1.
Yes, he has. Sure he wont choke in the regular seasom but he's choked 3 straight year's in the playoffs.

07-30-2006, 01:15 PM

Yes, he has. Sure he wont choke in the regular seasom but he's choked 3 straight year's in the playoffs.

how did he choke this year? the offensive line played like crap. it wasnt mannings fault

draftguru151
07-30-2006, 01:22 PM

how did he choke this year? the offensive line played like crap. it wasnt mannings fault

People assume because the Colts lost Manning crumbled under the pressure and was awful. 90 QB rating just aren't what they used to be. :roll:

07-30-2006, 01:25 PM

People assume because the Colts lost Manning crumbled under the pressure and was awful. 90 QB rating just aren't what they used to be. :roll:Obviously it wasn't all his fault, his O-Line choked too. He still didn't play very good in a must win game. So that makes it a choke job.

07-30-2006, 01:27 PM

People assume because the Colts lost Manning crumbled under the pressure and was awful. 90 QB rating just aren't what they used to be. :roll:Obviously it wasn't all his fault, his O-Line choked too. He still didn't play very good in a must win game. So that makes it a choke job.

yes 22-38 for 290 yards and a TD while being pressured almost every play is a huge choke job. :roll: did you even watch the game?

07-30-2006, 01:44 PM

yes 22-38 for 290 yards and a TD while being pressured almost every play is a huge choke job. :roll: did you even watch the game?
I did watch the game, and I still think it is a choke. He has to be able to lead his team in times when their down. He didn't, sure he had a bunch off pass yards but he only threw for one touchdown. and that's really the only thing that matters. If he's being rushed so hard every play, it's called adjustments, he didn't make them. If he's unstoppable during the regular season then how does this happen in the playoffs.

07-30-2006, 01:47 PM
wow i didnt realize peyton was also the offensive line coach. hes not responsible for the offensive line's mistakes. how is throwing for yard not important? it gets your team down the field to set you up for scoring. he didnt choke at all and now you're trying to prove something that is completely untrue and you only said because everyone else says it.

07-30-2006, 01:48 PM
I picked Peyton because I'm gettin someone that is going to work his arse off and always comes more prepared than any other player. Can't go wrong with a gym rat.

M.O.T.H.
07-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Who pick Eli, Oh boy. :?

07-30-2006, 01:50 PM
wow i didnt realize peyton was also the offensive line coach. hes not responsible for the offensive line's mistakes. how is throwing for yard not important? it gets your team down the field to set you up for scoring. he didnt choke at all and now you're trying to prove something that is completely untrue and you only said because everyone else says it.I'm not saying this because everyone else says, this is my opinion, I could care less what others say. You have your opinion and you probably feel the same way. So let's agree to disagree.

07-30-2006, 01:51 PM
wow i didnt realize peyton was also the offensive line coach. hes not responsible for the offensive line's mistakes. how is throwing for yard not important? it gets your team down the field to set you up for scoring. he didnt choke at all and now you're trying to prove something that is completely untrue and you only said because everyone else says it.I'm not saying this because everyone else says, this is my opinion, I could care less what others say. You have your opinion and you probably feel the same way. So let's agree to disagree.

no the only reason you're saying this is because everyone says that peyton always chokes and will never win a super bowl and whenever they lose in the playoffs its automatically his fault.

M.O.T.H.
07-30-2006, 01:52 PM
I picked Peyton because I'm gettin someone that is going to work his arse off and always comes more prepared than any other player. Can't go wrong with a gym rat.

He's more of a film rat.

PACKmanN
07-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Carson Palmer, who knows what could have happend if he didnt get hurt in the Pitt game. He young and IMO better.

nobodyinparticular
07-30-2006, 01:54 PM

6 TDs, 12 INTs in his first 7 games without Randy Moss. Then he sends his knee through a meat slicer. Not a good thing...

07-30-2006, 01:58 PM
Carson Palmer, who knows what could have happend if he didnt get hurt in the Pitt game. He young and IMO better.

age doesnt matter in this

President
07-30-2006, 01:58 PM
Brady boy.

yourfavestoner
07-30-2006, 02:16 PM

Maybe it stems from me being a Marino fan (I'm wearing his jersey right now, maybe some subliminal message from this thread made me put it on,) but SB rings are for a team. I don't consider them a great bench mark. It's about wins, points scored, QB rating, etc, all things Peyton is good at. I mean, you need a defense to win a SB, you do, and the Colts didn't have a good one until last year, and the game they lost in the playoffs, they failed the team as the Steelers lit them up. Not saying Peyton had a good game, but your defense can pull your QB through a game (see SB,) and Peyton made big plays int hat playoff game, the defense didn't even give them a chance.

Wins, points scored, and QB rating are all fine in the regular season. But how about if you compiled a stat sheet of all a player's individual games in the postseason and count them as a single season. It gives you an idea at how well he performs against the best teams the league has to offer.

In postseason play Manning has completed 193 of 324 passes for a 59.5 comepletion percentage and has thrown for 2461 yards, 15 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. His postseason quaterback rating is 88.5. His win/loss record in the postseason is a measly 3-6.

Tom Brady has completed 225 of 367 passes for a 61.3 comepletion perfectage and has thrown for 2493 yards, 15 touchdowns and 5 interceptions, and also gained 2 touchdowns rushing. He has a postseason rating of 89.4. His win/loss record in the postseason is 11-1.

Take it for what it's worth.

sweetness34
07-30-2006, 02:22 PM

The fact of the matter is, Peyton has yet to win a "big" game in the playoffs. There's not denying his regular season success, but the playoffs are another story The past 3 years or so, the Colts had a good shot to go far in the playoffs, but they exited early. Now, Peyton played well against the Steelers this year, but last year against the Patriots he did not play well at all, so you could make a case that he did choke in that game. And the year before that I believe they played the Jets, and he had a bad game there too.

While Peyton hasn't "choked" everytime he's been in the playoffs, he's yet to advace his team deep in the playoffs. And when a high caliber team such as the Colts exit early after getting homefield advantage, people look and Peyton and put the loss on him.

The fact is the Colts have not done well in the playoffs, and Peyton Manning has been the QB of those Colts teams.

It's sad to say this, but until Peyton wins the "big game," many will look at him as a good QB, not a great one. Although I'd pick him to lead my team any day because IMO he is a great QB.

07-30-2006, 02:22 PM

Wins, points scored, and QB rating are all fine in the regular season. But how about if you compiled a stat sheet of all a player's individual games in the postseason and count them as a single season. It gives you an idea at how well he performs against the best teams the league has to offer.

In postseason play Manning has completed 193 of 324 passes for a 59.5 comepletion percentage and has thrown for 2461 yards, 15 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. His postseason quaterback rating is 88.5. His win/loss record in the postseason is a measly 3-6.

Tom Brady has completed 225 of 367 passes for a 61.3 comepletion perfectage and has thrown for 2493 yards, 15 touchdowns and 5 interceptions, and also gained 2 touchdowns rushing. He has a postseason rating of 89.4. His win/loss record in the postseason is 11-1.

those numbers are all pretty similar besides the record, which shows that brady isnt some immaculate qb in the playoffs and peyton isnt a choke artist.

yourfavestoner
07-30-2006, 02:25 PM

those numbers are all pretty similar besides the record, which shows that brady isnt some immaculate qb in the playoffs and peyton isnt a choke artist.

And that Manning has a completion percentage of below 60% and has thrown three more picks in three fewer games.

sweetness34
07-30-2006, 02:28 PM

I agree with you totally. But others don't. I have a lot of friends who say Marino isn't among the best QB's of All-Time because he didn't win a SB. But statistically, he was the best QB of All-Time. Which is why I hope Peyton can get a SB. Because he's the best QB in the league, and it would be a shame for people to say he wasn't a great QB just because he didn't win a SB.

07-30-2006, 02:36 PM

And that Manning has a completion percentage of below 60% and has thrown three more picks in three fewer games.

wow brady's is only 1.8 higher than mannings and most of mannings struggles have been caused by bad blocking. also notice he has equal touchdowns and yards in 3 less games

Shane P. Hallam
07-30-2006, 02:39 PM
"REBECCA: I've got a hot tip for you. I heard some people talking on the plane about Barry Bonds, who plays for the San Diego Giants--

DAN: The San Francisco Giants.

REBECCA: Right.

DAN: What about him?

REBECCA: They say he's good.

DAN: He is good.

REBECCA: They say the San Francisco Giants are
gonna be a good team.

DAN: They will, but not this year.

REBECCA: What about Barry Bonds?

DAN: Unfortunately, the rules prohibit Barry Bonds from batting before and after himself and he probably can't play right field and pitch at the same time."

07-30-2006, 02:40 PM
"REBECCA: I've got a hot tip for you. I heard some people talking on the plane about Barry Bonds, who plays for the San Diego Giants--

gonna be a good team.

DAN: Unfortunately, the rules prohibit Barry Bonds from batting before and after himself and he probably can't play right field and pitch at the same time."
:?

Shiver
07-30-2006, 03:00 PM
First of all; it's PEyton Manning.

Second of all; it's obviously Tom Brady, it just cannot be anybody else.

Shane P. Hallam
07-30-2006, 03:07 PM

He talked about the misspelling in the first post...

stephenson86
07-30-2006, 03:09 PM

People assume because the Colts lost Manning crumbled under the pressure and was awful. 90 QB rating just aren't what they used to be. :roll:

he had 104 this year

Shane P. Hallam
07-30-2006, 03:15 PM

gonna be a good team.

Did anyone get my reference?

Even not, did anyone even get the point to the post?

draftguru151
07-30-2006, 03:21 PM

gonna be a good team.

The point is Manning can't do it by himself, don't get the reference.

draftguru151
07-30-2006, 03:22 PM

he had 104 this year

I'm talking about the playoff game vs the Steelers.

stephenson86
07-30-2006, 03:23 PM

he had 104 this year

I'm talking about the playoff game vs the Steelers.

my bad

draftguru151
07-30-2006, 03:26 PM

6 TDs, 12 INTs in his first 7 games without Randy Moss. Then he sends his knee through a meat slicer. Not a good thing...

That is weak. The Vikings OL and defense was horrible. Add to that he didn't hate Nate Burleson, his top receiver from the year before. I don't see many people succeeding in that situation, except Tom Brady, because apparently he can throw to himself, and block, and play defense. :roll:

And explain how the year before Culpepper's stats when you take Moss out is 3950 yards and 26 TDs. Moss had very little effect the year before, but Culpepper had his best year. Interesting?

Shane P. Hallam
07-30-2006, 03:27 PM

gonna be a good team.

The point is Manning can't do it by himself, don't get the reference.

Sports Night is the reference, man I love it.

P-L
07-30-2006, 04:11 PM
The whole "teams win rings" argument is overrated. Teams put up stats too. Do you think Tom Brady would've won that Super Bowl without a defense or running game? Do you think Peyton Manning would put up record stats if his defense didn't keep him on the field more? Would he get all those TD if he had crappy receivers? What if he had no OL and a bad running game? Would he still put up amazing stats? The fact of the matter is that Brady was the biggest part of the Pats winning two of the three Super Bowl, and a very large part of the last one. Does Vinatieri get to attempt those FG if Brady doesn't lead the team down the field? Teams have just as much importance on the stats a QB puts up as they do the games they win. While Brady comes to play in the big games, Manning comes to throw INT.

diabsoule
07-30-2006, 04:17 PM
Ben Roethlisberger. Not only is he becoming a great QB but he can also tackle.

http://images.nfl.com/photos/img9167212.jpg

07-30-2006, 04:18 PM

why is it obviously brady?

Shiver
07-30-2006, 04:23 PM
He is not only a terrific QB, he's by far the most clutch.

07-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Because he's lead two game winning drives in the Super Bowl.

Peyton Manning has never been put in a position like that so you cant say that puts brady ahead of manning. peyton manning did the same thing against the steelers in the playoffs except he had Mike Vanderjagt and not Adam Vinatieri

07-30-2006, 04:26 PM

what makes you say peyton manning isnt clutch?

ninerfan
07-30-2006, 05:01 PM

:lol: CHOKE :lol:

Brady by a mile

07-30-2006, 05:04 PM

:lol: CHOKE :lol:

Brady by a mile

please tell me when he choked.

cuzifelt1ikeit
07-30-2006, 05:28 PM
im trying really hard to be not a homer here(with the listed qb's i dont think i would vote for favre, but still), but why isnt favre there? and drew and jake are? maybe drew is better then i think he is, same for jake, but i would take favre over them two in a heart beat. maybe he doesnt apply to this or i am not getting something here?

07-30-2006, 05:29 PM
im trying really hard to be not a homer here(with the listed qb's i dont think i would vote for favre, but still), but why isnt favre there? and drew and jake are? maybe drew is better then i think he is, same for jake, but i would take favre over them two in a heart beat. maybe he doesnt apply to this or i am not getting something here?

cuz favre had a terrible year last year.

stephenson86
07-30-2006, 05:35 PM

Brett this year and last didnt show too me he was still a massive influence on the field and i would want all the prior too lead my team before him at this current time

cuzifelt1ikeit
07-30-2006, 05:37 PM
alright thanks for clearing that up, i thought this was some kind of all-time-this-generation of qb's. like no matter how old they are now, but like how good they were throughout their time in the league. if that makes sense

i voted for brady anyway

stephenson86
07-30-2006, 05:39 PM
alright thanks for clearing that up, i thought this was some kind of all-time-this-generation of qb's. like no matter how old they are now, but like how good they were throughout their time in the league. if that makes sense

i voted for brady anyway

if im around then ill do this next year, as a season can change alot

stephenson86
07-30-2006, 05:58 PM
should i run the poll for a day? or 2 days?

07-30-2006, 05:59 PM

if its close 2 days, if its a blowout after one day then stop it.

stephenson86
07-30-2006, 06:13 PM

if its close 2 days, if its a blowout after one day then stop it.

i was thinking that

Ravens1991
07-30-2006, 07:10 PM

agreed, I think Brady would put up great # also with Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne.

I would hope Peyton could win a ring

littlewebs
07-30-2006, 07:35 PM

hmm zero so far. Perhaps everyone's Cowboy homer conspiracies are just a bit off...

stephenson86
07-30-2006, 07:36 PM

hmm zero so far. Perhaps everyone's Cowboy homer conspiracies are just a bit off...

or they cant bring themselves too be that homerish

Staubach12
07-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Tom Brady

YAYareaRB
07-30-2006, 08:59 PM
Peyton..He's nuts!

Staubach12
07-30-2006, 09:08 PM
Bledsoe and Eli are on here and Hasselbeck isn't... Hasselbeck is the NFCs best QB IMO.

YAYareaRB
07-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Bledsoe and Eli are on here and Hasselbeck isn't... Hasselbeck is the NFCs best QB IMO.

Yeah and my names is Baby Jr. Sunuvabitch

Staubach12
07-30-2006, 09:16 PM

So who's the best? Vick? Ha! Delhomme? No. Maybe McNabb.... Did you watch the playoffs? Hasselbeck took over the game when Alexander went down. He's the best in the NFC.

ny10804
07-30-2006, 10:15 PM
I went with Peyton.

M.O.T.H.
07-30-2006, 10:23 PM
Yeah, he wouldnt win but, matty should be on here.

yourfavestoner
07-30-2006, 10:34 PM
The whole "teams win rings" argument is overrated. Teams put up stats too. Do you think Tom Brady would've won that Super Bowl without a defense or running game? Do you think Peyton Manning would put up record stats if his defense didn't keep him on the field more? Would he get all those TD if he had crappy receivers? What if he had no OL and a bad running game? Would he still put up amazing stats? The fact of the matter is that Brady was the biggest part of the Pats winning two of the three Super Bowl, and a very large part of the last one. Does Vinatieri get to attempt those FG if Brady doesn't lead the team down the field? Teams have just as much importance on the stats a QB puts up as they do the games they win. While Brady comes to play in the big games, Manning comes to throw INT.

I agree completely. The Patriots were 5-13 under Bill Belichick when Tom Brady became their starting quarterback. Since then, the Patriots are 68-21 (including postseason games) with three Super Bowl titles. Gee, do you think Brady might've been the difference?

yodabear
07-30-2006, 10:48 PM
Marc Bulger

07-30-2006, 10:48 PM
who the hell picked vick?

Tubby
07-31-2006, 01:14 AM
This is bull****. Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Bledose, Jake Delhomme, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, and Mike Vick all over Matt Hasselbeck? He is not the #1 QB in the NFL, but at least give him some respect.

stephenson86
07-31-2006, 05:30 AM

So who's the best? Vick? Ha! Delhomme? No. Maybe McNabb.... Did you watch the playoffs? Hasselbeck took over the game when Alexander went down. He's the best in the NFC.

it doesnt matter about a QB's ability as such, its there ability too command a game, and i have never seen hasselbeck as a QB who does, whereas eli, ive noticed him do that, bare in mine my judgements are based on only seeing some teams play twice a year, ive only ever seen tennessee play twice so if my judgements are querstionable that is why

07-31-2006, 12:42 PM
so is this done or is voting still today?

drowe
07-31-2006, 01:10 PM
i voted for tom brady...woulda voted for peyton if whining was a category.