PDA

View Full Version : Oden to enter NBA draft

M.O.T.H.
04-14-2007, 01:29 AM
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070414/SPORTS07/704140335/1004/SPORTS

I didnt see this anywhere yet.

I think he's making a mistake.

raidersfan86
04-14-2007, 01:32 AM
im so proud of him

yodabear
04-14-2007, 01:32 AM
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070414/SPORTS07/704140335/1004/SPORTS

I didnt see this anywhere yet.

I think he's making a mistake.

Why? He is guaranteed the #1 or #2 pick this year. Matt Leinart comes to my mind and I was a guy supportive of him coming back for his senior year, but he fell from 1 to 9. This guy depending who is drafting #1 is either #1 or #2, he can't get much worse than that. So yeah, if he were to come out after a great year next year, he would be guaranteed #1, but he is an injury away from saying bye-bye to #1 or #2.

M.O.T.H.
04-14-2007, 01:36 AM
Why? He is guaranteed the #1 or #2 pick this year. Matt Leinart comes to my mind and I was a guy supportive of him coming back for his senior year, but he fell from 1 to 9. This guy depending who is drafting #1 is either #1 or #2, he can't get much worse than that. So yeah, if he were to come out after a great year next year, he would be guaranteed #1, but he is an injury away from saying bye-bye to #1 or #2.

Well, I'm not looking at the moeny aspect of it. I just dont think he's ready to come out. His game is not that rounded, his game will only benefit from staying another year or two but, of course his wallet will benefit from coming out now. Money isn't everything, he should have stayed.

Moses
04-14-2007, 01:40 AM
Well, I'm not looking at the moeny aspect of it. I just dont think he's ready to come out. His game is not that rounded, his game will only benefit from staying another year or two but, of course his wallet will benefit from coming out now. Money isn't everything, he should have stayed.

He'll get plenty of playing time in the NBA just based on his impact on the boards and his defensive abilities. His offensive game will come with time. People said the same things about Dwight Howard.

M.O.T.H.
04-14-2007, 01:47 AM
Even with this year under his belt, I believe Howard was more polished at 18. Can Oden play in the league next year? Yes, but, spending another year at the college level would have been best for his development, IMO.

thetedginnshow
04-14-2007, 01:49 AM
You know, I didn't really want him to go to Memphis, but that'd really be a great place for him. There or the Wolves so that he can be with a great PF early on in his career. Heck, even the Bucks wouldn't be that bad with Bogut and Redd there. The Suns would actually probably be bad for him with all the running and his lack of conditioning, and the Bobcats would be a dream come true for me.

ElectricEye
04-14-2007, 02:38 AM
His stock won't get any higher. It's the smart thing to do.
Anyway, good news for my Celtics. It's just all up to luck now. Oden and Al Jefferson would be a beastly C/PF combination.

HoopsDemon12
04-14-2007, 03:03 AM
When your pretty much guarenteed the #1 or #2 overall pick worth 40 mill or so.....you take it...remember its guarenteed contracts so if he isnt the big ticket he has been hyped up to be...he gets a smaller contract next time and still has the big bucks underneath his belt...goo desicion IMO

diabsoule
04-14-2007, 03:48 AM
I think he gets chosen by the Celtics, even though I do feel that he would do better by staying college for at least one more year.

M.O.T.H.
04-14-2007, 04:29 AM
I was hoping he would go with a Duncan esque decision and instead of taking the money go and refine his game for one more year. So, he would actually be a little more prepared to dive into the pro game.

OSUGiants17
04-14-2007, 07:17 AM
As an OSU and Oden fan I'm kinda upset becuse now OSU will have to replace him and he is a guy that is nearly impossible to replace, but it's his decision and he is going to the NBA were I will follow him.
________
Green Crack (http://trichomes.org/marijuana-strains/green-crack)

jets future
04-14-2007, 09:20 AM
gotta get the doe first. if he wanted to be a rally qualty player he schould of stayed and worlked on hiso ffence game. but he will turn pout really good. hope fully not a kwame brown. he ll be better than an emeca okafor probably.

Big Mike
04-14-2007, 09:23 AM
gotta get the doe first. if he wanted to be a really qualityplayer he should of stayed and worked on his offense game. but he will turn out really good. hope fully not a kwame brown. he ll be better than an emeka okafor probably.

lol i made a few corrections. why don't you use apostrophes???

I never heard the worst case K. Brown scenario though. That whould be a nightmare.....:(

Paul
04-14-2007, 09:28 AM
ESPN reported Connely and Dequan Cook may declare to. Connely I understand, but Cook? He had a terrible freshman season.

Big Mike
04-14-2007, 09:29 AM
ESPN reported Connely and Dequan Cook may declare to. Connely I understand, but Cook? He had a terrible freshman season.

He basically just doesnt wanna be left alone, thats my theory.

MaxV
04-14-2007, 09:34 AM
Well in all fairness, Cook's numbers would've been better if not for so many other Scorers on OSU team.

But I agree, Cook is better off waiting. He might not even be a 1st rounder at this point.

dRaFtDoRk
04-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Overall, as a Buckeye fan, I am sad, but you know what....money is money

Vince Lombardi
04-14-2007, 10:18 AM
It's the right decision for Oden, as well as for Durant. You go to college to get an education to get a good paying career. These guys are being offered a ton of money to go to their dream jobs now, and as far as their jobs are concerned they'll learn more about their profession by being in the NBA with the best players/trainers/coaches in the world. They really have nothing to gain by staying in college except for getting an education in a field outside of their chosen one and just having fun hanging with their friends. Don't get me wrong, those are both great things and I think it's important for all players to have an interest and education outside of their sport that they can fall back on when their career is over, but they can focus on that when the time comes or continue to pursue it as they are working. Turning down the amount of money these guys are being offered would be a foolish business move. Now they will be getting paid to develop their games and I don't believe they suffer at all from not playing against college players for another year.

scottyboy
04-14-2007, 10:21 AM
i felt it was interesting that conley and cook entered. Conley would've been the focus of the team if he stayed. He easily could've improved his stock.

also i was surprised Hibbert from G-town entered. He shoulda stayed in college to refine his game

MaxV
04-14-2007, 10:31 AM
BTW, certain players have finished their studies and got their degree while being in the NBA. It's not as big of a deal as everyone makes it out to be.

Regarding Hibbert:

Yes, he could've benefitted from staying one more year, but I do think he will still be picked within the lottery pick.

Paul
04-14-2007, 10:54 AM
I think Hibbert is pretty polished as a Post player. He's not Shaq or timmy, but he could be a brad Miller or Vlade Divac. Great passer, and has a decent jumper. Not an all-star or anything like that, but serviceable.

wiscbadgerfootball
04-14-2007, 10:57 AM
what a shock!!

NOT!

Don Vito
04-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Good news for my Celtics. Hopefully the lottery doesn't screw us (again) out of a top 2 pick.

Paul
04-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Good news for my Celtics. Hopefully the lottery doesn't screw us (again) out of a top 2 pick.

Hey you guys got Chauncey. If ya'll kept him it would of been a nasty team with Billups, Pierce and Walker.

MP123
04-14-2007, 11:10 AM
Staying would be dumb. He can already start for about half of the teams in the NBA. All he needs to do is improve his conditioning and his offensive game. In about 4-5 years, he should be a dominant offensive and defensive player.

ElectricEye
04-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Hey you guys got Chauncey. If ya'll kept him it would of been a nasty team with Billups, Pierce and Walker.

I still don't think that would have been enough to seriously contend for a title. To many guys wanting shots on a team like that.

Anyway, yeah Don. Let's hope we don't get screwed over again. Oden and Durrant would be good fits for us, but beyond them....theres not really anyone who we need. Wright, Horford, and Jianlian are good...but we already have a power forward.

thetedginnshow
04-14-2007, 12:36 PM
I don't really know if I'd like to see Oden on the Celtics just because he'll instantly get all of this Bill Russell hype and that may be too much for him. Of course, if I were the Celtics, I'd try to either trade away Pierce for a PG and C, just a Center, or a lower draft pick where they can grab a Center, and draft Durant.

RaiderNation
04-14-2007, 01:11 PM
if he played like he did in the champ. game all season, he would be the 1st overall

GB12
04-14-2007, 01:13 PM
if he played like he did in the champ. game all season, he would be the 1st overall

He still will be...

Shane P. Hallam
04-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Now the question is if he hires an agent. If not, he can wait until June, see who has the top 2 picks, and decide if he still wants to come out or not. That new rules could affect some people, maybe not Oden, but Conley and Cook at least.

GB12
04-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Now the question is if he hires an agent. If not, he can wait until June, see who has the top 2 picks, and decide if he still wants to come out or not. That new rules could affect some people, maybe not Oden, but Conley and Cook at least.

Oden to Milwaukee!

Shiver
04-14-2007, 01:23 PM
He dominated the lauded front court of Florida. He was a man among boys'. It was clear that the obvious progression is to the pros. His offensive game needs some polishing, but he has had flashes of brilliance on offense. Even as a rookie, he will immediately improve whatever team drafts him on the defensive side of the ball.

ElectricEye
04-14-2007, 01:24 PM
One thing I seem to notice when people talk about Oden is that they underrate is offense. People seem to think he's Tyson Chandler. He's not. He averaged almost 16 points a game playing with a bad hand half the year. That's quite a bit for a big man in college basketball. College Basketball is a point guards game. And while the NBA is becoming more and more perimeter oriented, it's still a big guys game. He'll be fine on offense. He might not average 30 a game, but few centers do. He'll probably average in the low to mid 20's in terms of points per game.
And yeah RaiderNation, he's still going to be the number one pick.

BengalsPwn
04-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Even with this year under his belt, I believe Howard was more polished at 18. Can Oden play in the league next year? Yes, but, spending another year at the college level would have been best for his development, IMO.

That has to be the most homer statement ever made. Oden is more polished then Howard is right now after 2 years in the NBA. Howard has almost no offense other than a nice spin move in the post and is the most turnover prone big man in the league bc he holds onto the ball way to long in the post and guards and defenders just strip it from him all day. You obviously didn't see the NC game where Oden destroyed 3 legit NBA big men the whole game. He will be #1 no doubt. I dont care whose choosing, even Houston.

DChess
04-14-2007, 01:51 PM
i knew it was going to happen, just would have loved to see him stay

WildDude
04-14-2007, 01:52 PM
to be quite honest i think the smartest thing for anyone to do if theyre in contention of a top 2 pick is seeing who has those picks... i dun know if its possible cause of the deadline and everything but there are certain teams where rookies are a lock to fail and stun their development

JF4
04-14-2007, 01:53 PM

I think that if you look at the bottom 5 teams all of them have potential to be pretty good teams in the future if they were to draft Oden. If I were Oden I wouldn't shy away from going to any of these teams.

You have Milwaukee who has Redd, Mo Williams and two young big men that have showed potential to be good. They also have some solid depth players too. What killed them this year was injury's. If they didn't get hit so hard with injuries this year I think they could have made a run at the playoffs.

There's Atlanta, who is the youngest team in the NBA (I think) and have guys like Josh Smith and Joe Johnson who will be star's in the NBA for a while. Add in guys like Marvin and Shelden Wiliams, Zaza Pachulia and Josh Childress you have the makings of a good team in the future. What has really been holding them back is the lack of a true C and if they were to get Oden it would really help there team.

Memphis has been a mystery this year, I can't say i've seen them play alot this year but if you take a look at their roster you can definately see some potential. If I remember correctly they were pretty damn good last year and they made the playoffs. Pau Gasol, Hakim Warrick, Rudy *** and Mike Miller are guys who should be able to make in impact night in, night out in the NBA. I think that like Atlanta they are missing a true big man like Oden, he would really help their team.

Boston is also a very young team and they have one of the best players in the league in Paul Pierce. They were really hurt by injuries this year too. Ryan Gomes has been good for them this year and they still have alot of guards and forwards who still have lots of potential (Green, Rando, Telfair, West). Also Al Jeferson who has been great for them this year, I just realized how young this guy was, for some reason I always thought he was older. He's a 22 year old averaging 16 points and 11 rebounds per game. If even one or two of those guards become good NBA players than I think the Celtics can be a good team in a few years, even without someone like Oden. He would really help though because outside of Jefferson they don't really have a legitimate bigman.

Then you have Portland, Seattle and Charlotte fighting for that next worst team spot. I really like where Charlotte is heading with Wallace, Okafor and Felton. Though if they were to lose Wallace in FA it would be a real blow to their team. Seattle has some depth at guard and they have the best jump shooter in the league. They lack the true bigman like Oden. I don't know too much about Portland but they do have Randy Foye, who's going to be ROY, and a guy like Zach Randolph who's a 20/10 guy. If Lamarcus Aldridge and Jarret Jack pan out and they get a good player in the draft they can definately be better in the future.

Basically the bottom teams this year aren't as awful as they usually are. All of them already have some of the building blocks in place to be a succesful team. I would gladly go to any of these teams if I were Oden or Durant.

ccB
04-14-2007, 01:53 PM
There is no way this is a mistake. Staying another year in college would have been the mistake. Hes a clear cut #1 or #2 pick. Going back to school and risking a career ending injury or anything like that would be stupid. He is making the right decision and he will come in and be a defensive force right away. Soon enough he will be one of hte top big men in the league no doubt about it.

Shane P. Hallam
04-14-2007, 01:56 PM
I just find it funny that everyone IN Basketball (Robinson, Barkley, etc. etc. etc.) say he should say and everyone OUTSIDE of basketball (beat writers, etc,) say he should go.

Icon
04-14-2007, 01:59 PM

I absolutely 100% disagree. That is a real homer statement. Im not on the Oden bandwagon by any means but right now he has more post up moves, a better shot, & better touch than Howard. He doesnt have Howards strength and I think Howard is more athletic, but there is no way he is more polished. Howard is still as raw as you can get basically.

Vince Lombardi
04-14-2007, 02:00 PM
That has to be the most homer statement ever made. Oden is more polished then Howard is right now after 2 years in the NBA. Howard has almost no offense other than a nice spin move in the post and is the most turnover prone big man in the league bc he holds onto the ball way to long in the post and guards and defenders just strip it from him all day. You obviously didn't see the NC game where Oden destroyed 3 legit NBA big men the whole game. He will be #1 no doubt. I dont care whose choosing, even Houston.

Wow, I'm pretty sure this is the biggest homer statement ever made. Seriously dude, you're wrong on so many levels. Howard averages almost 18 ppg, it doesn't matter how many moves he has as long as the ones he does have are effective. And there's no way in hell Houston would take Oden, that's just moronic. Yao Ming is the best center in the NBA and Oden has a lot of work to do before he even gets close to Yao's level.

Dwight Howards averages vs. NBA caliber talent:

PPG 17.6 | RPG 12.3 | BPG 1.9 | APG 1.9 | TO 3.82

Greg Odens averages vs. college caliber talent:

PPG 15.7 | RPG 9.6 | BPG 3.3 | APG 0.7 | TO 2.0

I'm not saying that Oden can't, or won't, be better than Howard but he's certainly not right now. He's got all of the potential in the world though.

ElectricEye
04-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Great post JF4.

GB12
04-14-2007, 02:03 PM
I think that if you look at the bottom 5 teams all of them have potential to be pretty good teams in the future if they were to draft Oden. If I were Oden I wouldn't shy away from going to any of these teams.

You have Milwaukee who has Redd, Mo Williams and two young big men that have showed potential to be good. They also have some solid depth players too. What killed them this year was injury's. If they didn't get hit so hard with injuries this year I think they could have made a run at the playoffs.

I truely believe that we would have been a playoff team had it not been for injuries. We lost Simmons for the year, Villinueva for a month+, Redd for a month and a half+, Williams every now and then, and I think Boykins has been hurt for a while recently. In the East we would have been able to make a 6-8 seed.

Williams
Redd
Villanueva
Bogut
Oden

or

Williams
Redd
Durant
Villanueva
Bogut

Either way that is a team that will compeate. I am really hoping we get a top two.

Phrost
04-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Oden=bill Russell...reincarnated

JF4
04-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Great post JF4.

My fingers hurt now.

Shane P. Hallam
04-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Can I ask one more question? If you are Oden, this year, you could end up the #2 overall pick right? Why not come back and basically be guaranteed to be #1 next year? It would basically be Oden vs. Mayo, and that isn't as tight a contest as Oden vs. Durant.

GB12
04-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Can I ask one more question? If you are Oden, this year, you could end up the #2 overall pick right? Why not come back and basically be guaranteed to be #1 next year? It would basically be Oden vs. Mayo, and that isn't as tight a contest as Oden vs. Durant.

Uhh, why? Durant is a bit of a challenger, but still almost a guarentee for Oden to go 1. He would get more money by playing the extra year than waiting so get can get first pick money.

JF4
04-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Uhh, why? Durant is a bit of a challenger, but still almost a guarentee for Oden to go 1. He would get more money by playing the extra year than waiting so get can get first pick money.

Well said, also if he's gonna be the #2 he's gonna get #1 money anyway. Kind of like what Reggie Bush did in last year's NFL draft.

ElectricEye
04-14-2007, 02:28 PM
My fingers hurt now.

Still, lol, it was a great read man. Yeah, all the teams on the bottom aren't that bad.
As for my Celtics, I think even if we don't get Oden of Durrant in the draft, we're probably a playoff team....so long as Danny Ainge doesn't do anything stupid. Thats a big if though lol. Jefferson is a beast. The homer in me says he's going to be an All Star next year. It's improved SOOOO much this year. It's almost unreal. He lost some weight, and ever since, he's been a monster offensively. If we started the season over, he would probably average 20 points. He and Oden would be a great low post combination for years to come if we win get the number one pick.

BengalsPwn
04-14-2007, 02:42 PM
Wow, I'm pretty sure this is the biggest homer statement ever made. Seriously dude, you're wrong on so many levels. Howard averages almost 18 ppg, it doesn't matter how many moves he has as long as the ones he does have are effective. And there's no way in hell Houston would take Oden, that's just moronic. Yao Ming is the best center in the NBA and Oden has a lot of work to do before he even gets close to Yao's level.

Dwight Howards averages vs. NBA caliber talent:

PPG 17.6 | RPG 12.3 | BPG 1.9 | APG 1.9 | TO 3.82

Greg Odens averages vs. college caliber talent:

PPG 15.7 | RPG 9.6 | BPG 3.3 | APG 0.7 | TO 2.0

I'm not saying that Oden can't, or won't, be better than Howard but he's certainly not right now. He's got all of the potential in the world though.

Please watch the NBA before you bring up stats. Anyone who actually watches games not just highlights will know that all his points come off rebounds and put backs. The reason that Orlando collapsed this year was bc they lack a true go to guy. Howard can't be relied on for offense bc he can't generate it consistently. Oden is a go to guy that can be relied upon to carry a team. Plus he is so good a team like Houston wouldn't even pass on him who have the best center in the game according to you. A. He is so athletic he could play the 4 in the NBA and they would have there own version of Robinson/Duncan. B. Yao is so injury prone it would provide them insurance bc Dikembe won't be there too much longer. Yao is almost a lock to miss 20 games a year. There is absolutely no way any team passes on Oden. He will be #1 guaranteed end of story.

Vikes99ej
04-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Michael Conley Jr's father, Michael Conley Sr, will represent Greg Oden as an agent.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Please watch the NBA before you bring up stats. Anyone who actually watches games not just highlights will know that all his points come off rebounds and put backs. The reason that Orlando collapsed this year was bc they lack a true go to guy. Howard can't be relied on for offense bc he can't generate it consistently. Oden is a go to guy that can be relied upon to carry a team. Plus he is so good a team like Houston wouldn't even pass on him who have the best center in the game according to you. A. He is so athletic he could play the 4 in the NBA and they would have there own version of Robinson/Duncan. B. Yao is so injury prone it would provide them insurance bc Dikembe won't be there too much longer. Yao is almost a lock to miss 20 games a year. There is absolutely no way any team passes on Oden. He will be #1 guaranteed end of story.

Umn no that's a joke, to call Oden a go to guy on offense is crazy. Maybe if you watched his last 2 games of the season and that's it maybe you could say he has potential to be a go to guy but Oden has no range on his shot and all he has is a hook shot. He is pushed out of the lane by stronger big men therefore made ineffective, and he is a horrible passer out of the paint, once he decides to bull his shoulder down he won't look back even if he is triple teamed and has 2 wide open teammates on the perimeter, he has so much work to do before he can be considered a very good center, defensively it will come much quicker.

Vince Lombardi
04-14-2007, 03:10 PM

I live in Orlando (but I'm a Bucks fan) so I see the Magic play more than most. I never said Howard isn't extremely raw, it's obvious he is, my point is that Oden is also extremely raw on the offensive side of the game. The majority of Odens points come on rebounds and put backs also. Howard still puts up better stats against much better opponents than Oden has at this point in his career. To say that Oden is ready to be the "go to guy" and a teams leading scorer is a joke, he's nowhere close to that. I love how you basically base your whole argument on the fact that he had a big game in a losing effort to Florida, while the rest of the year he struggled to even stay on the court because of poor conditioning and foul trouble.

Shane P. Hallam
04-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Michael Conley Jr's father, Michael Conley Sr, will represent Greg Oden as an agent.

Has he actually SIGNED him yet though? That is the question.

Icon
04-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Well said, also if he's gonna be the #2 he's gonna get #1 money anyway. Kind of like what Reggie Bush did in last year's NFL draft.

The NBA actually has a set contract for rookies. All 1st rounders don't negotiate any contract, it is set based on where they were picked. None of them are very high and I believe all of them are 3 years.

Vince, I love ya man (dont let my name fool you, you know me) but you can't compare NBA stats to college stats. NBA games are longer, NBA guards are 5x better at passing it into the post, NBA rules are set to allow more scoring, the paint in the NBA is less congested due to things like 3 seconds and a deeper 3 points line.

I hate Ohio State ( Michigan fan ), I do not like Greg Oden, I do like Dwight Howard, but Oden is still more refined offensively than Dwight is. Half of Dwights points probaly come from the free throw line as well. While Oden is a physical force, nobody outside of injury prone Shaq can hold a candle to Dwight when it comes to a combination of size, strength, & athleticism. Those 3 things get him his points at this stage of his career.

Nitschke-Hawk
04-14-2007, 07:07 PM
If the Celtics get Oden, with a healthy Paul Pierce, plus Jefferson and more experience for the other young players, they SHOULD be somewhere in playoff contention.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-14-2007, 07:55 PM
If the Celtics get Oden, with a healthy Paul Pierce, plus Jefferson and more experience for the other young players, they SHOULD be somewhere in playoff contention.

With Mr. Green they should trade Paul for a defensive minded SF and another pick or frontline depth. One of the PG's Rondo, Telfair, West is bound to step up.

scottyboy
04-14-2007, 08:35 PM

of course they will, they play in the East. And to top that off they play in the Titanic Division(yea, and i'm a nets fan)

ElectricEye
04-14-2007, 09:14 PM
With Mr. Green they should trade Paul for a defensive minded SF and another pick or frontline depth. One of the PG's Rondo, Telfair, West is bound to step up.

Two years ago, I would have called you crazy. But Pierce wants out. He'll never say it, but he does. He made some comments in the The Boston Globe last month that were kind upsetting as a fan.
Anyway, Telfair's done. Seriously, I forget he plays for the team sometimes. Delonte isn't a true point guard, but he can play point if he needs too. Rondo is the guy everyone is looking at right now. He didn't play much early, but he's flat out making plays as of late. The job is his to loose right now.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Two years ago, I would have called you crazy. But Pierce wants out. He'll never say it, but he does. He made some comments in the The Boston Globe last month that were kind upsetting as a fan.
Anyway, Telfair's done. Seriously, I forget he plays for the team sometimes. Delonte isn't a true point guard, but he can play point if he needs too. Rondo is the guy everyone is looking at right now. He didn't play much early, but he's flat out making plays as of late. The job is his to loose right now.

You guys must feel so good about trading Telfair for Randy Foye, lol.

mfkrush
04-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Isn't Oden a little too old to be playing with these young kids in the NBA. Oden is like 40 almost. Or atleast he looks the part.

ElectricEye
04-14-2007, 09:47 PM
You guys must feel so good about trading Telfair for Randy Foye, lol.

Foye wouldn't be the best fit, but I wouldn't feel good trading anyone for Telfair. Guys a complete bum. All hype, no game. Maybe he'll make me eat my words one day, and if he does, good for him...but he won't be doing it with the Celtics. Rondo's twice the player he is right now. Danny Ainge needs to learn that just because your the GM of the Celtics doesn't mean you have to get drunk and do stupid things.

jballa838
04-14-2007, 11:08 PM
You know, I didn't really want him to go to Memphis, but that'd really be a great place for him. There or the Wolves so that he can be with a great PF early on in his career. Heck, even the Bucks wouldn't be that bad with Bogut and Redd there. The Suns would actually probably be bad for him with all the running and his lack of conditioning, and the Bobcats would be a dream come true for me.

He can't go to the suns because that was a compensatory pick for atlanta getting joe johnson as a RFA, which means ATL gets it if it is a top 3 pick

jag
04-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Greg Oden looks like a 40 year old Parole officer?

JF4
04-14-2007, 11:20 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Greg Oden looks like a 40 year old Parole officer?

No. (10 Char.)

Shane P. Hallam
04-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Conley Sr. just came out after the Olympics celebration and said that Oden actually hasn't decided. Matta and Oden's mother don't know a thing. OSU is messing with the internet right now, or I'd get the link.

EDIT: http://www.nbcsports.com/cbk/1363270/detail.html?dest=rss|

M.O.T.H.
04-15-2007, 06:58 AM
Conley Sr. just came out after the Olympics celebration and said that Oden actually hasn't decided. Matta and Oden's mother don't know a thing. OSU is messing with the internet right now, or I'd get the link.

EDIT: http://www.nbcsports.com/cbk/1363270/detail.html?dest=rss|

ESPN just said that it is not 100% now. Oden's father said he was misquoted... K?

Misquoted... I doubt it, divulged some big info a little too early... probably.

Shane P. Hallam
04-15-2007, 10:18 AM
The fact that Oden, Conley, and Cook are sitting down today, I imagine that it isn't 100% yet. That being said, I highly doubt Oden stays. It's Conley I'm worried about.

OhioState
04-16-2007, 06:48 PM
espn says that he is undecided. they said that he could stay or go and that conley sr. said that he is still undecided whether he will be his agent. i really hope that he doesn't go for obvious reasons.

Vikes99ej
04-16-2007, 07:09 PM
The fact that Oden, Conley, and Cook are sitting down today, I imagine that it isn't 100% yet. That being said, I highly doubt Oden stays. It's Conley I'm worried about.

I believe I saw in the StarTribune that Conley said he was staying... however, it was before the Championship game, so anything can change.

M.O.T.H.
04-19-2007, 07:24 PM
Oden and Conley Jr. will enter the NBA draft. (It was just on ESPN News)

Conley will not hire an agent...official announcement will come tomorrow.

M.O.T.H.
04-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Daequan will also declare.

Boston
04-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Wow.................................