PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy's Final Mock (very well thought out)

Jimmy
04-14-2007, 08:33 AM
This mock will be updated frequently, as this finished product will be in my school's newspaper

Please rate the mock A-F, based on whateve the hell u want to base it on

I have only done the first 13 or so picks so i will update throught the day.

Mock Draft

1. Oakland Raiders- Jamarcus Russell- QB- LSU
At this point its hard to argue that Jamarcus Russell could easily be the pick here. Al Davis has desperately been trying to land every veteran QB around in hopes of having an excuse to take Calvin Johnson, however. The real reason this may be the pick we see first is because Calvin Johnson is no good with nobody to get him the ball. I think if Randy Moss isn't doing ****, cal, isnt gonna do ****. Al knows that.

2. Tampa Bay Buccanners (Via Det)- Calvin Johnson- WR- Georgia Tech
I am almost positive that if Oakland passes on CJ, that Tampa Bay will trade up to #2 from pick #4 before you can blink. We know Tampa is interested in Calvin,

3. Cleveland Browns- Brady Quinn- QB- ND
Don’t get me wrong, the Brows would love to get Russell here, especially with the connection the GM has with Jamarcus. But is it really worth trading up when you can sit back and get Brady Quinn if things don’t work out? Quinn is this years fundamentally strong and weathered college QB, and there’s nothing more the Browns could ask for than some consistency at QB.

4. Detriot Lions (Via Tampa) Gaines Adams- DE- Clemson
In the event that you aren’t sure how the Lions got here, they are very likely to trade down to this spot if Russell is taken first. The Lions would love to solidify at QB, but if the Lions look ahead, they must realize they need some improvement on the D-line.

5. Arizona Cardinals- Joe Thomas
Unfortuneatly, the Cards are stuck with the left-overs from the top 5. Im sure they would love to possibly trade up and get Joe Thomas, but there is a chance they can sit here and still get him. Unless Arizona pulls the trigger early, they are going to be stuck here draft day, and will have to wait and see if they can get their dream guy.

6. New England Patriots- (Via Was for Asante Samuel) Laron Landry- S- LSU
Yep, my guess is that Dan Snyder wants to get out of the #6 pick… Snyder will do anything on draft day to make a ridiculous, meaningless trade on draft day. The Patriots would acquire the #6 pick and Shawn Springs for Asante Samuel, and use the pick on All-American Laron Landry. Pats fans rejoice. In my opinion, this trade could very well happen, but there are not promises draft day in the NFL.

7. Minnesota Vikings- RB- Adrian Peterson- Oklahoma
The Vikings have a very, very strange situation. They would love to get Adrian Peterson, but there is a possibility they aren’t going to waste another pick on an injury prone guy. Then again, they have done stranger things. Although the Vikings have Chester Taylor, the general consensus with Vikings fans is that having a guy like AD or Amobi Okoye would be the only possibly two picks. Apparently, just the thought of a player like AD makes the Vikings want to dump their already solid RB.

8. Atlanta Falcons- DT- Amobi Okoye- UL
This guy is the real deal, and my favorite player in the draft. As you are reading this very sentence, it may surprise you that Okoye is draft eligible, and is only 19 years old. He skipped 2 grades, and according to NFL rules is eligible since he is 3 years removed from HS. He will be the league’s first 20 year old in a very, very long time. By the time he is done with his first contract, he will be around 24-25, and age where many players are still being drafted. Not to mention he is still growing at 6-1 302. Once in a lifetime prospect, and his former coach at UL is now coaching in ATL. Don’t be surprised, however if someone trades up ahead of ATL to get him.

9. Miami Dolphins- DT- Alan Branch- Michigan
The Dolphins DT position is filled with 2 aging guys, well above their early 30’s.
If the dolphins could add a solid guy to anchor the D-line, like Branch, it would be ideal because the 3-4 defense depends greatly on the ability of the Nosetackle to penetrate and stop the run. Branch is a 320 LB+ monster.

10. Houston Texans- OT- Levi Brown
This is a very iffy pick, because chances are that if draft day turns out this way, the Texans will trade down to get this guy later. Possibilities exist that Denver or New York could trade up for Pat Willis, or Denver up for Adam Carriker or Jaamal Anderson. Unfortunately, there are too many trade possibities and im not going to go around blindly stating trades that wont happen, so i have to keep houston here unless there is word of a possible trade.

11. San Fran- DE- Adam Carriker- Nebraska
The 49ers could opt for Carriker. Hey, if they’re feeling colorful, even Pat Willis. Carriker is the Ideal 3-4 player, and the 49ers lack a true end here with the power.

12. Buffalo Bills- ILB Pat Willis- Ole Miss
Trading for a 27 year old Lawrence Taylor couldn’t undo the mess that Buffalo has gotten themselves in to. Regardless, Willis is a monster, and will probably easily rack up 120 tackles rookie year. Don’t count out 150.

13. St. Louis Rams- DE- Jaamal Anderson- Arkansas
A lot of people say that Branch is a Jimmy Kennedy clone. Not a good sign if the Rams are interested. With Okoye long gone, there is no doubt that DT is a pressing need. Unfortuately, their man went a few picks ago, and there is no question Harrell is a reach here. Andeson is a very safe pick, and would make immediate impacts.

14. Carolina Panthers- S- Reggie Nelson- Florida
I can’t see anyone but Nelson going here considering the circumstances ^. Possible trade with NE?

15. Pittsburgh Steelers- Lawrence Timmons- LB- FSU
If Jon Beason had ran a 40 close to what anyone could have predicted for him, he would probably be the pick here. But Timmons simply outran him, and he just plain fits the Steelers new scheme. Posluszny?

16. Green Bay Packers- RB- Marshawn Lynch- Cal
Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch. It’s a rare commodity to stumble on such a pro-ready back like Lynch, as there are only about 2-3 every year. Lynch could very well end up rookie of the year behind a solid young Pack O-line.

17. Jacksonville Jaguars- Jarvis Moss- DE- Florida
Bobby McCray x2. Pass rusher, gets some force on the outside. Pretty unstoppable considering you have two all pro DT’s on the inside that have to be accounted for. Best D in the NFL?

18. Cincinatti Bengals- Jon Beason- LB- Miami
The Bengals have nobody left at LB. They lost their former 1st round LB for his career, and their up and comer Odell Thurman’s stock has plummeted. The Bengals could very well go for a CB, but they simply have nobody at LB, and they have Deltha O’Neal and last years 1st round pick in Jonathan Joseph.

19. Tennessee Titans- Robert Meachem- WR- Tenneessee
Simple team needs, him or Leon Hall...

20. New York Giantse- Paul Posluszny
Sky is the limit for Paul, and I’m sure the giants fans will be happy with this one. Just another common sense pick

21. Denver Broncos- Joe Staley- OT- Central Michigan
Due to popular demand, and me not knowing the value of players of teams i dont watch, the Denver Broncos are back on the clock. The Beason lovers... i dont know that doesnt make a lot of sense to me.. drafting a Randy Shannon Product similar to DJ williams and then sticking him at SAM... where williams struggled... doesn't figure for me. I like Bowe here, but it isnt a first day priority.... so... staley?

22. Dallas Cowboys- CB- Leon Hall- Michigan
Personally, gut feeling tells me that they are likely to take Dwayne Bowe, but i just have a feeling that Hall's talents are going to get gim in Dallas.

23. Kansas City Chiefs- CB- Aaron Ross- Texas
There are some clear questions about houston, and ross has good ball skills, and can hit. A lot of chiefs fans out there will tell you they'd prefer ross over houston.

24. Washington Redskins- Michael Griffin- Texas- DB
Sean Taylor needs a running mate at the other safety spot, since Archuleta wasnt that great

25. New York Jets- Darrelle Revis- CB- Pittsburgh
Well, according to scott's mock revis has top 15 potential, so he is a steal for the jets.

26. Philly Iggles- Dwayne Bowe- WR- LSU
Mehhh... this pick is here until soemone tells me otherwise

27. New Orleans Saints- Chris Houston- CB- Arkansas
Their corners just plain ****. they have very little speed on defense, and houston could start immediatly

28. New England Patriots
Brian Leonard- Can play ball

OSUGiants17
04-14-2007, 09:05 AM
So far so good but I don't think Levi Brown will go top 10.
________
STOCKS TO BUY NOW (http://pennystockpicks.net/)

Jimmy
04-14-2007, 09:07 AM
So far so good but I don't think Levi Brown will go top 10.

neither do i, but its a crapshoot, there arent many other possibilites for HOU there

Xiomera
04-14-2007, 10:13 AM
21. Detriot Lions (Via Den) OT- Joe Staley- Central Michigan
Sorry guys, Denver isn’t going to sit at #21. Lions trade their 2nd rounder, maybe Kalimba Edwards, Boss Bailey or Teddy Lehman?
Since they couldn’t get Thomas, Staley figures in nicely.

You don't have a very good grasp of the Detroit Lions team if you think this is a possibility. Detroit will not be trading back into the 1st round for an OT. They probably won't draft O-Line at all on day one (unless they are forced to pick Thomas at 2). Detroit will NOT be trading Bailey or Edwards, and Lehman has zero value right now.

Just not a realistic pick or trade.

Tampa 2 4 life
04-14-2007, 10:18 AM
I highly doubt we're going to trade up for CJ. We're interested in him, of course. But we have way bigger needs and if Oakland doesn't take him we're probably not going anywhere.

briz5x
04-14-2007, 10:29 AM
good pats trade i think it could be a real possibilty too. Wouldnt mind Landry but id rather trade down and take Willis.

scottyboy
04-14-2007, 10:38 AM
i like the giants pick, but it will be interesting if it falls this wya if we go LB or CB

LitoSheppard
04-14-2007, 10:41 AM
it's decent
I like it.

Bengals1690
04-14-2007, 11:13 AM
no to jon beason! why would we take beason with 2 better players at a need position (revis and houston)? it doesn't make sense to me.

Jimmy
04-14-2007, 11:18 AM
no to jon beason! why would we take beason with 2 better players at a need position (revis and houston)? it doesn't make sense to me.

because you have deltha o'neal and a first round pick from last year at CB?

and because your former first at LB is never playing again, and your up and comer is now no longer an up and comer?

ripdw27
04-14-2007, 11:42 AM
[QUOTE=Jimmy;304023]

21. Denver Broncos- Anthony Spencer- Purdue
Due to popular demand, and me not knowing the value of players of teams i dont watch, the Denver Broncos are back on the clock. The Beason lovers... i dont know that doesnt make a lot of sense to me.. drafting a Randy Shannon Product similar to DJ williams and then sticking him at SAM... where williams struggled... doesn't figure for me. I like Bowe here, but it isnt a first day priority.... possibly staley?

QUOTE]
we would only take a wr in the first round if we traded up for calvin johnson but that is very doubtful. i dont think they would pass on staley in that situation when they can get a solid d-lineman in round 2.

JCutlery
04-14-2007, 12:33 PM
I don't think there are any "Beason lovers", it's just an option.. Staley is the better pick here, though. As much as I like Anthony Spencer, he's a reach there, and we could find better value with our 2nd.

RaiderNation
04-14-2007, 12:39 PM
okay raider pick

Vikes99ej
04-14-2007, 12:44 PM
I like the Vikings pick very much.

TheMikey10
04-14-2007, 01:18 PM
for the titans, theyd take bowe over meachem i think

portis_clinton
04-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Im assuming that you're giving the Redskins the 24th pick, or at the very least the 28th pick.

T-RICH49
04-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Aaron Ross is fine but I am a bigger fan of Houston

LitoSheppard
04-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Wow, that Eagles pick SUXS

Jimmy
04-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Wow, that Eagles pick SUXS

can you read?
like 3 words after that pick?

LitoSheppard
04-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Can you read? Look at any Eagle forum, we will NOT take a WR...

Chucky
04-14-2007, 03:19 PM
depending on what the trade is good bucs pick

Jimmy
04-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Can you read? Look at any Eagle forum, we will NOT take a WR...

still dont get it.. here let me spell it out for you

w-h-o w-o-u-l-d y-o-u t-a-k-e t-h-e-r-e?

Go_Eagles77
04-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Give us Houston over Bowe.

neko4
04-14-2007, 03:35 PM
IT is very well thought out great job

LitoSheppard
04-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Well sense you have the Redskins taking Michael Griffin (Which all skins fans hate) Brandon Meriwether.

Jimmy
04-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Well sense you have the Redskins taking Michael Griffin (Which all skins fans hate) Brandon Meriwether.

since when has michael griffin even been brought up in redskins talks at #6?

LitoSheppard
04-14-2007, 03:50 PM
since when has michael griffin even been brought up in redskins talks at #6?

I just saw one with the same trade and skins fans complaining giving it a F

Acreboy
04-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Good Saints pick

Jimmy
04-14-2007, 03:59 PM

are you on a witchhunt? you still cant read, because clearly in my original post i was asking for an answer to the eagles pick that i knew was not going to work, in which you proceeded to call it a sucky pick, a

clearly you just dont have a real answer to my question... im sorry, did you say you thought Merriweather would be the pick? ^

Hey scott, How come you have Brandon Meriwether going to the Eagles when Andy Reid will not touch him with character issues

Packer#50
04-14-2007, 04:07 PM
This mock will be updated frequently, as this finished product will be in my school's newspaper

Please rate the mock A-F, based on whateve the hell u want to base it on

I have only done the first 13 or so picks so i will update throught the day.

Mock Draft

1. Oakland Raiders- Jamarcus Russell- QB- LSU
At this point its hard to argue that Jamarcus Russell could easily be the pick here. Al Davis has desperately been trying to land every veteran QB around in hopes of having an excuse to take Calvin Johnson, however. The real reason this may be the pick we see first is because Calvin Johnson is no good with nobody to get him the ball. I think if Randy Moss isn't doing ****, cal, isnt gonna do ****. Al knows that.

2. Tampa Bay Buccanners (Via Det)- Calvin Johnson- WR- Georgia Tech
I am almost positive that if Oakland passes on CJ, that Tampa Bay will trade up to #2 from pick #4 before you can blink. We know Tampa is interested in Calvin,

3. Cleveland Browns- Brady Quinn- QB- ND
Donít get me wrong, the Brows would love to get Russell here, especially with the connection the GM has with Jamarcus. But is it really worth trading up when you can sit back and get Brady Quinn if things donít work out? Quinn is this years fundamentally strong and weathered college QB, and thereís nothing more the Browns could ask for than some consistency at QB.

4. Detriot Lions (Via Tampa) Gaines Adams- DE- Clemson
In the event that you arenít sure how the Lions got here, they are very likely to trade down to this spot if Russell is taken first. The Lions would love to solidify at QB, but if the Lions look ahead, they must realize they need some improvement on the D-line.

5. Arizona Cardinals- Joe Thomas
Unfortuneatly, the Cards are stuck with the left-overs from the top 5. Im sure they would love to possibly trade up and get Joe Thomas, but there is a chance they can sit here and still get him. Unless Arizona pulls the trigger early, they are going to be stuck here draft day, and will have to wait and see if they can get their dream guy.

6. New England Patriots- (Via Was for Asante Samuel) Laron Landry- S- LSU
Yep, my guess is that Dan Snyder wants to get out of the #6 pickÖ Snyder will do anything on draft day to make a ridiculous, meaningless trade on draft day. The Patriots would acquire the #6 pick and Shawn Springs for Asante Samuel, and use the pick on All-American Laron Landry. Pats fans rejoice. In my opinion, this trade could very well happen, but there are not promises draft day in the NFL.

7. Minnesota Vikings- RB- Adrian Peterson- Oklahoma
The Vikings have a very, very strange situation. They would love to get Adrian Peterson, but there is a possibility they arenít going to waste another pick on an injury prone guy. Then again, they have done stranger things. Although the Vikings have Chester Taylor, the general consensus with Vikings fans is that having a guy like AD or Amobi Okoye would be the only possibly two picks. Apparently, just the thought of a player like AD makes the Vikings want to dump their already solid RB.

8. Atlanta Falcons- DT- Amobi Okoye- UL
This guy is the real deal, and my favorite player in the draft. As you are reading this very sentence, it may surprise you that Okoye is draft eligible, and is only 19 years old. He skipped 2 grades, and according to NFL rules is eligible since he is 3 years removed from HS. He will be the leagueís first 20 year old in a very, very long time. By the time he is done with his first contract, he will be around 24-25, and age where many players are still being drafted. Not to mention he is still growing at 6-1 302. Once in a lifetime prospect, and his former coach at UL is now coaching in ATL. Donít be surprised, however if someone trades up ahead of ATL to get him.

9. Miami Dolphins- DT- Alan Branch- Michigan
The Dolphins DT position is filled with 2 aging guys, well above their early 30ís.
If the dolphins could add a solid guy to anchor the D-line, like Branch, it would be ideal because the 3-4 defense depends greatly on the ability of the Nosetackle to penetrate and stop the run. Branch is a 320 LB+ monster.

10. Houston Texans- OT- Levi Brown
This is a very iffy pick, because chances are that if draft day turns out this way, the Texans will trade down to get this guy later. Possibilities exist that Denver or New York could trade up for Pat Willis, or Denver up for Adam Carriker or Jaamal Anderson. Unfortunately, there are too many trade possibities and im not going to go around blindly stating trades that wont happen, so i have to keep houston here unless there is word of a possible trade.

11. San Fran- DE- Adam Carriker- Nebraska
The 49ers could opt for Carriker. Hey, if theyíre feeling colorful, even Pat Willis. Carriker is the Ideal 3-4 player, and the 49ers lack a true end here with the power.

12. Buffalo Bills- ILB Pat Willis- Ole Miss
Trading for a 27 year old Lawrence Taylor couldnít undo the mess that Buffalo has gotten themselves in to. Regardless, Willis is a monster, and will probably easily rack up 120 tackles rookie year. Donít count out 150.

13. St. Louis Rams- DE- Jaamal Anderson- Arkansas
A lot of people say that Branch is a Jimmy Kennedy clone. Not a good sign if the Rams are interested. With Okoye long gone, there is no doubt that DT is a pressing need. Unfortuately, their man went a few picks ago, and there is no question Harrell is a reach here. Andeson is a very safe pick, and would make immediate impacts.

14. Carolina Panthers- S- Reggie Nelson- Florida
I canít see anyone but Nelson going here considering the circumstances ^. Possible trade with NE?

15. Pittsburgh Steelers- Lawrence Timmons- LB- FSU
If Jon Beason had ran a 40 close to what anyone could have predicted for him, he would probably be the pick here. But Timmons simply outran him, and he just plain fits the Steelers new scheme. Posluszny?

16. Green Bay Packers- RB- Marshawn Lynch- Cal
Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch. Itís a rare commodity to stumble on such a pro-ready back like Lynch, as there are only about 2-3 every year. Lynch could very well end up rookie of the year behind a solid young Pack O-line.

17. Jacksonville Jaguars- Jarvis Moss- DE- Florida
Bobby McCray x2. Pass rusher, gets some force on the outside. Pretty unstoppable considering you have two all pro DTís on the inside that have to be accounted for. Best D in the NFL?

18. Cincinatti Bengals- Jon Beason- LB- Miami
The Bengals have nobody left at LB. They lost their former 1st round LB for his career, and their up and comer Odell Thurmanís stock has plummeted. The Bengals could very well go for a CB, but they simply have nobody at LB, and they have Deltha OíNeal and last years 1st round pick in Jonathan Joseph.

19. Tennessee Titans- Robert Meachem- WR- Tenneessee
Simple team needs, him or Leon Hall...

20. New York Giantse- Paul Posluszny
Sky is the limit for Paul, and Iím sure the giants fans will be happy with this one. Just another common sense pick

21. Denver Broncos- Joe Staley- OT- Central Michigan
Due to popular demand, and me not knowing the value of players of teams i dont watch, the Denver Broncos are back on the clock. The Beason lovers... i dont know that doesnt make a lot of sense to me.. drafting a Randy Shannon Product similar to DJ williams and then sticking him at SAM... where williams struggled... doesn't figure for me. I like Bowe here, but it isnt a first day priority.... so... staley?

22. Dallas Cowboys- CB- Leon Hall- Michigan
Personally, gut feeling tells me that they are likely to take Dwayne Bowe, but i just have a feeling that Hall's talents are going to get gim in Dallas.

23. Kansas City Chiefs- CB- Aaron Ross- Texas
There are some clear questions about houston, and ross has good ball skills, and can hit. A lot of chiefs fans out there will tell you they'd prefer ross over houston.

24. Washington Redskins- Michael Griffin- Texas- DB
Sean Taylor needs a running mate at the other safety spot, since Archuleta wasnt that great

25. New York Jets- Darrelle Revis- CB- Pittsburgh
Well, according to scott's mock revis has top 15 potential, so he is a steal for the jets.

26. Philly Iggles- Dwayne Bowe- WR- LSU
Mehhh... this pick is here until soemone tells me otherwise

27. New Orleans Saints- Chris Houston- CB- Arkansas
Their corners just plain ****. they have very little speed on defense, and houston could start immediatly

28. New England Patriots
Brian Leonard- Can play ball

Greg Olsen is almost guaranteed to go in the first round.

Packer#50
04-14-2007, 04:09 PM
I like the Patriots trade.