PDA

View Full Version : ***Nick Barnett***

08-01-2006, 10:09 AM
Nick Barnett where would you rank him? and why and name who you would rank above him

Staubach12
08-01-2006, 10:17 AM
I say Top-12, after this season... maybe top-7.

08-01-2006, 10:20 AM
I'd give him Top 15, and after this season top 12

Jughead10
08-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Which linebacking position will he playing this year?

jackalope
08-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Which linebacking position will he playing this year?probably Mike but there is a fair chance Hodge will play Mike and Barnett will move to the outside.

08-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Which linebacking position will he playing this year?probably Mike but there is a fair chance Hodge will play Mike and Barnett will move to the outside.

i would like him to stay middle because he so smart and calls the plays perfect and can read the mind of a qb to know when to audible

08-01-2006, 10:35 AM
rank whos above him also please

Staubach12
08-01-2006, 10:41 AM

Well Hawk is playing the Sam, right? If he's playing the Sam, that means Barnett would play the Will. I don't think he'd fit well at the Will...

08-01-2006, 10:44 AM
why move some who had 3 years in a row with 100tackles and he only played 3 yrs

jackalope
08-01-2006, 10:53 AM

Well Hawk is playing the Sam, right? If he's playing the Sam, that means Barnett would play the Will. I don't think he'd fit well at the Will...i think Hawk will be playing Will which would mean Barnett would move to Sam. i would prefer Barnett to stay in the middle since he's had so much success there.

Shane P. Hallam
08-01-2006, 11:01 AM
None of the above?

08-01-2006, 11:03 AM
1.Brian Urlacher
2.Johnathan Vilma
3.Al Wilson
4.Ray Lewis
5.Zach Thomas
6.Mike Petterson
7.Antonio Pierce
8.Donnie Edwards
9.London Flecher
10.Jerrimiah Trotter
11.Andra Davis
12.Dan Morgan
13.Nick Barnett

No order just 12 better than him

08-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Top 10

Nitschke-Hawk
08-01-2006, 11:20 AM
None of the above?

:arrow:

Splat
08-01-2006, 11:21 AM
I'd give him Top 15, and after this season top 12

moc182
08-01-2006, 11:28 AM
10ish, I like him alot.

O
08-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Top 15, top 10 after this season. He's going to blow up this year. In years past he had tried to do too much because he had the likes of Paris Lenon next to him. Sometimes this would cause him to run out of position, etc.

The Fat Kid
08-01-2006, 11:31 AM
well cosidering he led the nfc in tackles in 05 i'll put him at top 7. if the packers had made the playoffs he probly would have won the dpoy. he is one of my favorite defenders, just cuz he went to oregon state

senormysterioso
08-01-2006, 11:58 AM
1.Brian Urlacher
2.Johnathan Vilma
3.Al Wilson
4.Ray Lewis
5.Zach Thomas
6.Mike Petterson
7.Antonio Pierce
8.Donnie Edwards
9.London Flecher
10.Jerrimiah Trotter
11.Andra Davis
12.Dan Morgan
13.Nick Barnett

I'd probably put Bruschi ahead of him for the time being too. Maybe Lofa Tatupa, maybe Odell Thurman, maybe Marcus Washington he plays inside right? The Packers are my team and I like Barnett he just plays a little soft at the point of attack. He rarely gets off a block and doesn't blitz particularly well. Most of his tackles are 3-5 yards behind the LOS instead of at or behind it.

yourfavestoner
08-01-2006, 12:07 PM

Because any linebacker with a pulse should be getting over 100 tackles. It really isn't the strongest stat to go by.

Barnett's strength isn't defending the run. He should be moved to Sam, where he can use his cover skills naturally. I personally think Hawk would be a perfect Mike backer. Hodge can be moved to Will, where you can let him disrupt the offense and get behind the line of scrimmage.

TitleTown088
08-01-2006, 12:15 PM
id put hodge in the middle eventually.

bearsfan_51
08-01-2006, 12:25 PM
I don't think Hodges skills are suited for anything but MIKE. Hawk should be the WILL, Barnett should be the SAM, and Hodge should be the MIKE. When they go to nickle defense they can keep Barnett and Hawk out there.

08-01-2006, 12:40 PM
1. Brian Urlacher
2. Al Wilson
3. Dan Morgan
4. Ray Lewis
5. Andra Davis
6. Antonio Pierce
7. Mike Peterson
Nick Barnett

I could see him as a possible top 5 if he has a great season.

08-01-2006, 12:42 PM
1. Brian Urlacher
2. Al Wilson
3. Dan Morgan
4. Ray Lewis
5. Andra Davis
6. Antonio Pierce
7. Mike Peterson
Nick Barnett

Are you a packers fan?

08-01-2006, 12:49 PM
I don't think Hodges skills are suited for anything but MIKE. Hawk should be the WILL, Barnett should be the SAM, and Hodge should be the MIKE. When they go to nickle defense they can keep Barnett and Hawk out there.

i want barnett in the middle like in my sig

GB12
08-01-2006, 12:50 PM

thats what I want to happen but the coaches must not think he's ready yet. Ben Taylor is ahead of Hodge right nowso for now Barnett would stay in the middle.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-01-2006, 12:54 PM
:lol: who voted top 3?

Staubach12
08-01-2006, 01:00 PM

Well Hawk is playing the Sam, right? If he's playing the Sam, that means Barnett would play the Will. I don't think he'd fit well at the Will...i think Hawk will be playing Will which would mean Barnett would move to Sam. i would prefer Barnett to stay in the middle since he's had so much success there.

Hawk fits well at the Will IMO. Barnet could play the Sam but he has had success at the Mike, and if it's not broke, don't fix it. Hodge could play the Sam. Hodge would fit better at the Sam than the Mike IMO, he doesn't have the instincts that Barnett has but he's good in coverage.That's a good starting LB core. Hawk at Will. Barnett at Mike. Hodge at Sam.

TitleTown088
08-01-2006, 03:04 PM
1. Brian Urlacher
2. Al Wilson
3. Dan Morgan
4. Ray Lewis
5. Andra Davis
6. Antonio Pierce
7. Mike Peterson
Nick Barnett

Are you a packers fan?

dude you always hate on anything to do with the pack... no matter what it is... if it is about sean taylor or the skins they suck right?

08-01-2006, 03:06 PM
who voted number one? :lol: :lol:

08-01-2006, 03:19 PM
1. Brian Urlacher
2. Al Wilson
3. Dan Morgan
4. Ray Lewis
5. Andra Davis
6. Antonio Pierce
7. Mike Peterson
Nick Barnett

Are you a packers fan?

dude you always hate on anything to do with the pack... no matter what it is... if it is about sean taylor or the skins they suck right?

All i did was ask a simple question. Why does it seem everyone stays on my nuts?

yodabear
08-01-2006, 03:22 PM
I voted top 17 cuz like that is an awesome number.

Basileus777
08-01-2006, 03:27 PM
1.Brian Urlacher
2.Johnathan Vilma
3.Al Wilson
4.Ray Lewis
5.Zach Thomas
6.Mike Petterson
7.Antonio Pierce
8.Donnie Edwards
9.London Flecher
10.Jerrimiah Trotter
11.Andra Davis
12.Dan Morgan
13.Nick Barnett

Nice list, but I'd put Barnett over Donnie Edwards.

President
08-01-2006, 03:31 PM
I voted top 17 cuz like that is an awesome number.
Oh yoda......

I say top 15.

08-01-2006, 03:32 PM
1.Brian Urlacher
2.Johnathan Vilma
3.Al Wilson
4.Ray Lewis
5.Zach Thomas
6.Mike Petterson
7.Antonio Pierce
8.Donnie Edwards
9.London Flecher
10.Jerrimiah Trotter
11.Andra Davis
12.Dan Morgan
13.Nick Barnett

Nice list, but I'd put Barnett over Donnie Edwards.

Im sure you would

yourfavestoner
08-01-2006, 03:35 PM

Why? He gets tackles, but it's not like he's a dominant middle linebacker. Like I said, if your best linebacker has a pulse, he's going to get 100 tackles. It's not some big accomplishment. Also, it's not like Green Bay's run defense was stellar last year, either. His skillset is far and away best suited to play Sam, and now that Green Bay has linebackers that may actually be capable of playing football, they can move Barnett to his more natural position.

P-L
08-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Are we ranking him as a ILB, OLB, or LB in general?

08-01-2006, 03:46 PM

wow i didnt even think about that. judging from the responses and poll im guessing as ILB

President
08-01-2006, 03:46 PM

wow i didnt even think about that. judging from the responses and poll im guessing as ILB
ILB

P-L
08-01-2006, 03:53 PM
I said top 12 as of now, he could sneak in that 10-7 range after the year.

08-01-2006, 03:55 PM
:lol: :lol:

did you change the first two options P-L?

TCU
08-01-2006, 04:40 PM
id say top 10 i have him as one of my most underrated players.

yourfavestoner
08-01-2006, 04:52 PM

Packers fans would agree with you. He's up there with Donald Driver, Al Harris, Nick Collins, Aaron Kampman, Samkon Gado, and Chad Clifton at being the most underrated at their respective positions.

If everybody's so underrated on the Packers, then why aren't they good? Oh yeah. Packers fans are homers.

And Brett Favre is still a top quarterback, right?

TitleTown088
08-01-2006, 04:55 PM
1. Brian Urlacher
2. Al Wilson
3. Dan Morgan
4. Ray Lewis
5. Andra Davis
6. Antonio Pierce
7. Mike Peterson
Nick Barnett

Are you a packers fan?

All i did was ask a simple question. Why does it seem everyone stays on my nuts?

well dude i mean seriously EVERY time anything about the packers or a packers player comes up i see you bashing on them. it's cool if you dont like them and ur totally entitled to your opinion, but it seems according to you every packer player either sucks, or they're overrated.

bearsfan_51
08-01-2006, 04:57 PM

Packers fans would agree with you. He's up there with Donald Driver, Al Harris, Nick Collins, Aaron Kampman, Samkon Gado, and Chad Clifton at being the most underrated at their respective positions.

If everybody's so underrated on the Packers, then why aren't they good? Oh yeah. Packers fans are homers.

I think I love you. Every player on the Packers is "the most underated player at their position". It's Superbowl or bust for this team. 8)

TitleTown088
08-01-2006, 04:58 PM

seriously just keep that **** to urself. how do you know the packers are going to suck, has the season started,can you see into the future? i didn't see the Jags winning the superbowl either. I guess i should just start saying all the players on my team suck, would that mke you happy? I mean who ever thought of liking the players on your team....

TCU
08-01-2006, 05:00 PM

im not saying everyone on the Packers in uderrated im just saying Barnett is.

08-01-2006, 05:01 PM

because most of this tackles are from behind or when everyone is scrambling around. He has no presence in the middle and should be on the outside

08-01-2006, 05:04 PM

Packers fans would agree with you. He's up there with Donald Driver, Al Harris, Nick Collins, Aaron KampmanSamkon Gado, and Chad Clifton at being the most underrated at their respective positions.

Bold ARE underrated

Samkon is overrated, and Clifton gets his due

bearsfan_51
08-01-2006, 05:07 PM

Packers fans would agree with you. He's up there with Donald Driver, Al Harris, Nick Collins, Aaron KampmanSamkon Gado, and Chad Clifton at being the most underrated at their respective positions.

Bold ARE underrated

Kampman was underated untill he got a 12 million dollar signing bonus this offseason (which is more than Edgerin James got by the way).

Donald Driver gets the respect he's due.

Harris might still be underated, but I find that hard to believe anymore considering how much Packers fans hype him up. He was leading the votes for the best corner in the NFC North.

The Unseen
08-01-2006, 05:15 PM
i didn't see the Jags winning the superbowl either.

Wow, what a lame comeback. What the heck does that have to do with the overrating of some Packers players? LOL, think of something more intelligent before pressing the "Submit" button.

TitleTown088
08-01-2006, 06:14 PM
i didn't see the Jags winning the superbowl either.

Wow, what a lame comeback. What the heck does that have to do with the overrating of some Packers players? LOL, think of something more intelligent before pressing the "Submit" button.

probably, but whatever i dont really care the rest of it was the point i was trying to make.

jpapa4490
08-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Top 10

08-01-2006, 06:49 PM
According to packers fans Brett Favre is the most underrated QB ever....

yourfavestoner
08-01-2006, 07:05 PM

:lol:

P-L
08-01-2006, 07:18 PM
:lol: :lol:

did you change the first two options P-L?

Maybe... 8)

stephenson86
08-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Thomas
Lewis
Wilson
Urlacher
Davis
Morgan
Trotter
Peterson
Fletcher
Bruschi
Vilma
Edwards
Quarles
Bulluck (if he was a MLB)
Brooking (when he is moved inside with Atlanta)

Id rather have them before Barnett

No offense

ny10804
08-01-2006, 07:36 PM
I said top-12.

08-01-2006, 09:13 PM

Bold ARE underrated

Kampman was underated untill he got a 12 million dollar signing bonus this offseason (which is more than Edgerin James got by the way).

Donald Driver gets the respect he's due.

Harris might still be underated, but I find that hard to believe anymore considering how much Packers fans hype him up. He was leading the votes for the best corner in the NFC North.

I would have responded earlier, but I'm at work and can only go on while on breaks.

Driver gets the respect he's due now. But a couple of years ago he was underrated.

Kampman I still believe that he is underrated around the league. I never hear many people talk about him that aren't within the organization. And that huge bonus came from the organization so it doesn't really have any affect on whether he is underrated or not

08-01-2006, 09:15 PM

According to who?.... come on, if your going to say something, try not to say something that lowers the inteligence of the forum

08-01-2006, 09:20 PM

According to who?.... come on, if your going to say something, try not to say something that lowers the inteligence of the forum

Maybe it just lowerd your intelligence

If you're going to try and down someone maybe you should learn how to spell and how to use correct grammer.

Twiddler
08-01-2006, 09:22 PM

And what does your special NFLDC title say? :lol:

But anyways, I think being around the 10-12th range is about right for Barnett but I think if he was switched to OLB he could do more for the Pack.

08-01-2006, 09:24 PM

And what does your special NFLDC title say? :lol:

But anyways, I think being around the 10-12th range is about right for Barnett but I think if he was switched to OLB he could do more for the Pack.

If you ever want to know the real reason it says that just ask

HawkeyeFan
08-01-2006, 11:12 PM
Top 10.

08-01-2006, 11:16 PM

No, according to Packer fans he is the best. Which shows homeristic some of them can be.

08-01-2006, 11:36 PM

No, according to Packer fans he is the best. Which shows homeristic some of them can be.

I haven't seen anyone in a while say that Favre was the best in the game today. As far as of all-time, a case can be made for him. I do not personally believe that he is, but he does have great numbers and a super bowl victory to his credit. Not homeristic at all.

08-01-2006, 11:38 PM

Maybe it just lowerd your intelligence

If you're going to try and down someone maybe you should learn how to spell and how to use correct grammer.

Whoopty-doo, I was rushed because I was on break so I didnt get to look it over before I submitted it.

08-01-2006, 11:42 PM

I haven't seen anyone in a while say that Favre was the best in the game today. As far as of all-time, a case can be made for him. I do not personally believe that he is, but he does have great numbers and a super bowl victory to his credit. Not homeristic at all.

Sure as case can be made but he isnt #1 to most people and when the responses are...

FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE

Sorry, but its gotta be Favre

FAVRE = GOD

I think it was PackmaN, Titletown088 and Pack_Attack that said that. But im not sure.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-01-2006, 11:51 PM
for ILB i'd probably say top 15. he's not anywhere close to the top 3 or top 5 some people voted. u could make arguement for top 10 but thats as far as u could go IMO. i feel comfortable with top 15. i've said my piece on him in the past, but we'll see what he does this year coming up with more talent around him

08-01-2006, 11:54 PM

Sure as case can be made but he isnt #1 to most people and when the responses are...

FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE

FAVRE = GOD

I think it was PackmaN, Titletown088 and Pack_Attack that said that. But im not sure.

1. Favre does = GOD.... Look at his consecutive starts. Hes industructible, thus he must be god.... so don't worry about it.

2. You don't mention in what context these were used in.

3. He has career numbers that may be looked at better than Marino. He has a ring, not as many as Joe Montana, but look at the rosters of the Packers vs the 49ers. Hell Joe Montana had the greatest WR of all time on his team. Who did Favre have? Sterling Sharpe for a couple of years, Robert Brooks, and Antonio Freeman. He also had Andre Rison and Don Beebe but that was in the twilight of their careers. They were 3rd and 4th WRs when they were with the Pack

Like I said, a case can be made for Favre as the best QB of all-time. So saying that he is, is not homerism. Homerism is saying that Tice was a great coach. I think we can both see the difference.

08-02-2006, 12:05 AM

FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE

FAVRE = GOD

1. Favre does = GOD.... Look at his consecutive starts. Hes industructible, thus he must be god.... so don't worry about it.

3. He has career numbers that may be looked at better than Marino. He has a ring, not as many as Joe Montana, but look at the rosters of the Packers vs the 49ers. Hell Joe Montana had the greatest WR of all time on his team. Who did Favre have? Sterling Sharpe for a couple of years, Robert Brooks, and Antonio Freeman. He also had Andre Rison and Don Beebe but that was in the twilight of their careers. They were 3rd and 4th WRs when they were with the Pack

Like I said, a case can be made for Favre as the best QB of all-time. So saying that he is, is not homerism. Homerism is saying that Tice was a great coach. I think we can both see the difference.

1) Ok then

2) A Best QB of all time thread

3) Well since this is opinon it really cant be right or wrong but when just as it can be looked on as possible it is looked on as homerism by most, if not all, Packer Fans.

TitleTown088
08-02-2006, 12:08 AM

FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE

FAVRE = GOD

It's people OPINIONS get over it, holy ****

08-02-2006, 12:11 AM

FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE

FAVRE = GOD

It's people OPINIONS get over it, holy ***********

Chester Taylor is the best RB ever.

See? That could be my opinon, it isnt, but if I were to seriously post that it would be torn to shreds and I would be accused of being ignorant and a homer. Just becuase a small sect of Packer Fans think that Favre is the best ever doesnt mean its not being a homer to think so.

08-02-2006, 12:11 AM

FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE

FAVRE = GOD

See? That could be my opinon, it isnt, but if I were to seriously post that it would be torn to shreds and I would be accused of being ignorant and a homer. Just becuase a small sect of Packer Fans think that Favre is the best ever doesnt mean its not being a homer to think so.

08-02-2006, 12:15 AM

FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE

FAVRE = GOD

1) Ok then

2) A Best QB of all time thread

3) Well since this is opinon it really cant be right or wrong but when just as it can be looked on as possible it is looked on as homerism by most, if not all, Packer Fans.

So basically what your saying is that one of the best QBs of all-time should never even be mentioned in a best qb of all time discussion? Hmm... makes a lot of sense. I guess it would be homerism for you to say that Alan Paige was the greatest DT of all time too then right? Or is there possibly a bit of a double standard cause our teams are division rivals and their is a jealousy/hatred going both ways

TitleTown088
08-02-2006, 12:16 AM

FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE

FAVRE = GOD

R U sure?

08-02-2006, 12:17 AM

FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE

FAVRE = GOD

Wow, not only did you double post a useless thread, but did you seriously compare Chester Taylor to Brett Favre?

RCAChainGang
08-02-2006, 12:17 AM
Top 12.

08-02-2006, 12:20 AM

FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE

FAVRE = GOD

R U sure?

Ummm yes.

Wow, not only did you double post a useless thread, but did you seriously compare Chester Taylor to Brett Favre?

Poor comparison yes, but the premise stands: Just because a couple (3) people (Packer Fans) think that Favre is 'god' and the best ever, doesnt mean that it isnt homeristic to think so. Homerism is deviating from the general view of a player and touting him as better then he is.

and yes I did double post but did you notice that it maybe was a mistake? :roll:

08-02-2006, 12:34 AM

Poor comparison yes, but the premise stands: Just because a couple (3) people (Packer Fans) think that Favre is 'god' and the best ever, doesnt mean that it isnt homeristic to think so. Homerism is deviating from the general view of a player and touting him as better then he is.

and yes I did double post but did you notice that it maybe was a mistake? :roll:[/quote]

1. 4 people (You forgot John Madden)
2. Favre=God, I said don't worry about it. But you didn't. Now I'm going to have to spend time typing a few reasons why Favre=God. Favre is a machine and has played through excruciating physical and mental pain. Not only that, but he has thrived (look at the Oakland game). Favre also brought the Vince Lombardi Trophy back home where it belongs for the first time in nearly 30 years. With Favre at the helm, the Pack is nearly never out of a game. 12 points last year was the difference between 4-12 and 9-7. When Favre=God is used, it is true because that is how much respect the Packer nation has for the guy. 9 times out of 10 when you would seriously ask the fans, they would say no, favre does not litterally =GOD. So like I said before, just leave it alone and don't worry about it.
3. I haven't double posted yet in the forum, so there :wink:
4. It is not homeristic to bring his name up in the greatest qb of all time. Is it homeristic to bring Emmitt Smith's name up in the greatest rb of all time discussion? No, even though in the "general view" of most people, he isn't even in the top 3, some may say not even in the top 5.

TitleTown088
08-02-2006, 12:35 AM

FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE

FAVRE = GOD

R U sure?

Ummm yes.

and yes I did double post but did you notice that it maybe was a mistake? :roll:

ok this is your opinion but could you please elaborate as to why including Favre as the best QB is COMPLETELY outlandish and "homerism".IMO there are 4 or 5 QB's that are too close to call as to who is the "best" ever. after all i did make a thread explaing this asking for people top 3 QBs of all time, but yes your right i always unquestoinable claim that favre is the absolute best....

08-02-2006, 12:38 AM
ok this is your opinion but could you please elaborate as to why including Favre as the best QB is COMPLETELY outlandish and "homerism".IMO there are 4 or 5 QB's that are too close to call as to who is the "best" ever. after all i did make a thread explaing this asking for people top 3 QBs of all time, but yes your right i always unquestoinable claim that favre is the absolute best....

And until Favre retires he will be the absolute best. And after that, Rodgers will be the absolute best :wink:

TitleTown088
08-02-2006, 12:40 AM

And until Favre retires he will be the absolute best. And after that, Rodgers will be the absolute best :wink:
that's right.... :D

08-02-2006, 12:43 AM

that's right.... :D

Why doesn't everybody else see it the correct way, our way? Conversations would go so much more smoother

08-02-2006, 12:47 AM
2. Favre=God, I said don't worry about it. But you didn't. Now I'm going to have to spend time typing a few reasons why Favre=God. Favre is a machine and has played through excruciating physical and mental pain. Not only that, but he has thrived (look at the Oakland game). Favre also brought the Vince Lombardi Trophy back home where it belongs for the first time in nearly 30 years. With Favre at the helm, the Pack is nearly never out of a game. 12 points last year was the difference between 4-12 and 9-7. When Favre=God is used, it is true because that is how much respect the Packer nation has for the guy. 9 times out of 10 when you would seriously ask the fans, they would say no, favre does not litterally =GOD. So like I said before, just leave it alone and don't worry about it.
3. I haven't double posted yet in the forum, so there
4. It is not homeristic to bring his name up in the greatest qb of all time. Is it homeristic to bring Emmitt Smith's name up in the greatest rb of all time discussion? No, even though in the "general view" of most people, he isn't even in the top 3, some may say not even in the top 5.

1) Madden is just insane, not just for Favre
2) Its not as if Favre doesnt/didnt have help... But yes, I do respect the guy but when only Packer Fans say he is the best (expection: Madden) then you have to be suspicous, it also helps if you are a NFC North non-Packer fan
3) I have double posted I think 2 times ever in NFLDC and its because I get angry because my computer is slow and I click submit many times
4) By my definition it is homerism but thats just me (a Vikings Fan)

I never said it was outlandish but I do think that it is homeristic. The top 5 QBs are hard to rank but it comes down to:

Unitas
Montana
Elway
Staubach

for the Top 3 honors.

08-02-2006, 12:55 AM

2) Its not as if Favre doesnt/didnt have help... But yes, I do respect the guy but when only Packer Fans say he is the best (expection: Madden) then you have to be suspicous, it also helps if you are a NFC North non-Packer fan
3) I have double posted I think 2 times ever in NFLDC and its because I get angry because my computer is slow and I click submit many times

I never said it was outlandish but I do think that it is homeristic. The top 5 QBs are hard to rank but it comes down to:

Unitas
Montana
Elway
Staubach

for the Top 3 honors.

If Elway is in the conversation, I think Favre is in the conversation. I believe that they are very close on the greatness scale. The only thing that I think would tip the scale would be Elway beat Favre in the SB

Staubach I am not a fan of for this conversation. I believe Marino deserves mention before him, but these are just my opinions. And there is no doubt all 4 were great QBs

bearsfan_51
08-02-2006, 01:05 AM
Who gives a monkey's nipple?

TitleTown088
08-02-2006, 01:22 AM
Who gives a monkey's nipple?

You are right, this is not a favre thread.

yourfavestoner
08-02-2006, 01:36 AM

Unitas
Montana
Elway
Staubach

for the Top 3 honors.

I firmly believe the top 3 are Unitas, Montana, and Otto Graham. After that it doesn't even really come close. Or matter.

TheChampIsHere
08-02-2006, 01:43 AM
top what? top LB? Top MLB? Top defender?

P-L
08-02-2006, 01:57 AM
top what? top LB? Top MLB? Top defender?

ILB

johbur
08-02-2006, 02:49 AM

Barnett had great numbers at his combine, particularly his 32 reps on the bench press. Even though he's a bit light, with his strength he could and should be the on the strong-side. With the Jim Bates defense, LBs are listed as ILB and OLB, as they're pretty interchangeable. Hawk and Barnett on the outside a great pairing, tossing in Hodge in the middle. Those three guys would offer a lot of flexibility and options for the defense.

ny10804
08-02-2006, 08:29 AM

Barnett had great numbers at his combine, particularly his 32 reps on the bench press. Even though he's a bit light, with his strength he could and should be the on the strong-side. With the Jim Bates defense, LBs are listed as ILB and OLB, as they're pretty interchangeable. Hawk and Barnett on the outside a great pairing, tossing in Hodge in the middle. Those three guys would offer a lot of flexibility and options for the defense.

:shock: -- I might need a link on that one. 32 is better than most linemen.

I question Hodge's lower body strength, and I'd only want him starting if he is indeed the 3rd best LB on the team. But I do agree Barnett's talents fit the mold of a SSLB.

EDIT - I found a link (http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=135958). That is insane.

08-02-2006, 11:24 AM

Unitas
Montana
Elway
Staubach

for the Top 3 honors.

Please pretty please explain to me how Roger Staubach is better than Dan Marino or Steve Young. You have just been drinkin the texico kool aid

Staubach12
08-02-2006, 11:36 AM

Unitas
Montana
Elway
Staubach

for the Top 3 honors.

Please pretty please explain to me how Roger Staubach is better than Dan Marino or Steve Young. You have just been drinkin the texico kool aid

Because he won more than Marino or Young. He went to more Super Bowls than either. He won more super bowls than either. He dominated the game. No one could stop him, and he had an uncanny ability to come back late in the game. He was the best, and the sooner you get over that, the better.

08-02-2006, 11:40 AM

Unitas
Montana
Elway
Staubach

for the Top 3 honors.

Its close, but the overall point I was making is that Favre isnt Top 5 to me.

johbur
08-02-2006, 04:53 PM

:shock: -- I might need a link on that one. 32 is better than most linemen.

I question Hodge's lower body strength, and I'd only want him starting if he is indeed the 3rd best LB on the team. But I do agree Barnett's talents fit the mold of a SSLB.

EDIT - I found a link (http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=135958). That is insane.

In my siggie link I posted his combine results to compare with AJ Hawk's in my pre-TC roster review. Mario Williams had 35 BP, and I think Kudla had 44 to lead the way.

On the QB note, when you are talking Best Ever, it is your opinion. If you want to say Most Wins ever, that's Elway. Most TDs ever, that's Marino. Most Championships, that's Graham. Most SB's, you have Montana and Bradshaw. Most uninterrupted starts, that's Favre. When you start talking about the Best, all those guys are or will be Hall of Famers. There's a difference in the league, free agency, league mergers, draft rounds, games played, teams in the league, turnovers made by that QB's defense, the defense, quality of WRs, RBs, O-Line and all sorts of other factors that make it very difficult to quantify BEST.

Favre is top-five in a good number of statistical categories. His string of starts is his most impressive trait to me, given the average length career of a pro-QB. Somewhere around 200 other QBs have started for other teams since he's been in GB, with 20 or so starting QBs just for the Bears in his tenure. He's also my favorite QB and I've enjoyed watching him for the past 15 or so years.

08-02-2006, 05:02 PM
that crazy how they can edit you topic "i am a very big homer"

The Legend
08-04-2006, 10:11 AM

nice sig