PDA

View Full Version : fixed draft from yesterday, with explanations+trades

Buttered toast sonic
04-14-2007, 04:11 PM
trades

Washington sends #6 overall pick to carolina for the #14 pick and DT Kris Jenkins

Why?

The redskins need a big clogging force in the middle, Kris Jenkins is still a top DT, and it allows washington to trade down, and the panthers to trade up and get the Impact D-back they want

Washington sends #14 pick to chicago for selection 31 and OLB Lance Briggs

the main reason the Lance Briggs trade hasn't happened is because Chicago doesn't want to give up Briggs, a proven pro bowler, and have to pay an unproven rookie 6th pick guaranteed money. However, if Washington where lower, Chicago would LOVE to give up briggs to move up and get the Impact Offensive Reciever they need.
Arizona trade 3rd round pick and #5 for detroits #2

Zona wants thomas, Lions want Adams, perfect swap

Philadelphia sends its 3rd rounder and 5th rounder along with WR/KR Jeremy bloom for the 60th pick of Miami

the Eagles want to add some picks, Miami needs a slot reciever/Kick returner, which bloom can (no pun intended) bloom into

1.Oakland raiders: JaMarcus Russell QB LSU

2. Arizona cardinals:Joe thomas OT Wisconsin

3.Cleveland Browns: Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame

4. Tampa Bay Bucs: Calvin Johnson WR Georgia tech

5. Detroit Lions: Gaines Adams DE Clemson

6.Carolina Panthers: Laron Landry S LSU

7.Minnesota vikings:Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas

8.Atlanta falcons:Adrian Peterson RB oklahoma (Peterson, Dunn, Norwood and vick=scary talented corp of runners)

9. Miami Dolphins: Levi Brown OT Penn St

10. Houston texans Alan Branch DT Michigan (big body in the middle)

11. San fransisco 49ers: Patrick Willis LB Ole Miss (gives the Defense a top MLB)

12. Buffalo Bills:Jon Beason LB Miami

13. St Louis Rams: Amobi Okoye DT Louisville

14. Chicago bears:Ted Ginn jr WR/KR OSU (super speedy, good hands, and can play combine with Hester for KR/PR godliness)

15.Pittsburgh steelers: Darrelle revis CB Pittsburgh

16.Green Bay Packers: Greg olsen TE Miami (Olsen's too good to fall past them, and Lynch has character issues)

17. Jacksonville Jaguars:Adam Carriker DE Nebraska

18.Cincinatti Bengals: Leon Hall CB Michigan

19.Tenessee Titans: Marshawn Lynch RB cal (no turner trade, and lynch this far down? they'll bite easy)

20. New york Giants:Lawrence Timmons OLB FSU

21. Denver Broncos:Reggie nelson S Florida

22. Dallas Cowboys:Michael Griffin S texas

23.Kansas city chiefs:Robert Meachem WR Tennessee

24. New England Patriots:Paul Posluszny LB Penn st

25. New York Jets: Jarvis Moss OLB/DE Florida

26. Philadelphia eagles: Brian leonard RB/FB Rutgers (gives the eagles a bigger, goal line playing Westbrook like versatility)

27.New Orleans saints:Chris Houston CB arkansas

28. New England Patriots: Aaron Ross CB Texas

29.Baltimore Ravens:Arron Sears OT Tennessee

30. San diego chargers:Dwayne Bowe WR LSU

31. Washington Redskins:Victor Abiamiri

32. Indianapolis colts:Justin Harrell DT tennessee

Round 2

33. Oakland raiders:Joe staley OT Central Michigan

34.Detroit Lions: Brandon Meriwhether S Miami

35.Tampa Bay Bucs: Tim crowder DE texas

36. Cleveland Browns:Marshawn Lynch RB cal

37.Chicago bears:Ben Grubbs OG Auburn

38.Arizona cardinals: Charles Johnson DE Georgia

39.Atlanta Falcons:Justin Blalock OG texas

40. Miami Dolphins:Anthony Gonzalez WR LSU

41. Minnesota vikings: Craig Davis WR LSU

42.San fransisco 49ers: Dwayne Jarrett WR USC

43. Buffalo bills: Michael Bush RB Louisville (they took a risk with McGahee, they can do it again)

44.Atlanta falcons: Marcus McCauley CB fresno state

45.Carolina Panthers: Buster davis LB FUS(take the super safety in round 1, get a solid LB this one

46.Pittsburgh Steelers: Josh beekman OG boston college

47.Green bay Packers:Kenny Irons RB auburn (every down back who can aid the pack)

48. Jacksonville Jaguars: Aaron rouse S virginia tech (address the need at S with an intriguing prospect to say the least)

49. Cincinatti bengals: David Harris LB Michigan

50. Tenessee Titans: Tenard Jackson CB Syracuse

51. New York Giants: Daymeion Hughes CB Cal

52. St Louis rams:Ray McDonald DT florida

53.Dallas Cowboys:Jason Hill WR Washington st

54. Kansas city chiefs:Ryan Kalil C USC

55. Seattle seahawks:Ben Patrick TE delaware

56. Denver broncos:Anthony spencer DE Purdue

57.Philadelphia eagles:Eric Weddle S Utah (can play S down the road, and play CB right now)

58. New Orleans Saints:Steve smith WR USC

59.New York Jets:Zach Miller TE ASU

60.Philadelphia eagles: Drew stanton QB Michigan state (gives the eagles a young QB to groom in case)

61. Baltimore Ravens: Lamarr Woodley DE/OLB Michigan (tweener who can learn from Lewis)

62.San diego chargers: Sabby Piscitelli S Oregon State

63. New York Jets:Josh Wilson CB Maryland (gives them the CB they need in that backfield)

64. Tampa Bay buccaneers: Quinn Pitcock DT OSU

princefielder28
04-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Lynch is a biggger need than Olsen

T-RICH49
04-14-2007, 04:44 PM
What A Chiefs Mock A++++++

kalbears13
04-14-2007, 05:16 PM
THE Best Browns Mock Ever Period

Crazy_Chris
04-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Jammal Anderson is a bad fit for the vikings defense, Amobi Okoye or Adrian peterson would be much better picks... the second round is just a mess you must be a 49ers fan to have the dolphins and vikings pass on Dwayne Jarret in the second for freaking Anthony Gonzalez and Craig davis. Cmon Craig davis when bothhhh Dwayne Jarret and Sidney Rice are still on the board are you kidding me?? thats just wrong give us Dwayne Jarret or Sidney rice in the second

SeanTaylorRIP
04-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Wow Awesome Skins mock. We turn the 6th pick into Lance Briggs, Kris Jenkins, and Victor Abiamiri, although I would prefer Charles Johnson in that situation.

RaiderNation
04-14-2007, 06:16 PM
1st okay pick, CJ would be better

2nd GREAT, but i doubt he falls to us

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
04-14-2007, 06:26 PM
You have Marshawn going twice, anyway its a good raven draft but give us Joe Stayley instead of Aaron Sears

Dcboys94
04-14-2007, 06:32 PM
eh not bad prefer jarrett

jackalope
04-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Lynch over Olsen. I don't see Lynch's "character issues" as a problem.

49erfaithful
04-14-2007, 11:28 PM
good 2nd round pick, doubt Jarret will fall that far, and i can live with Willis, would prefer Carriker though

WMD
04-14-2007, 11:50 PM
Er.. What do the Lions get for trading down to #5 with Arizona? Love the Meriweather pick by the way.

ripdw27
04-14-2007, 11:55 PM
A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ DENVER BRONCO DRAFT if that really happened i would be in shock from joy omg ur like a mock draft god to me now
i would advertise this mock for you if only you gave the packers lynch and maybe had lynch going only once but B E A UTIFUL denver mock

Chucky
04-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Great first two picks for the bucs, but pitcock is an awful fit

Caddy
04-15-2007, 01:03 AM
Lynch won't fall that far

stl9erfan
04-15-2007, 01:13 AM
Fantastic SF mock-- praying Jarrett at least falls into the range where the Niners could trade up for him. And despite what some posters would tell you, Willis is just as likely as Carriker to be the pick at 11.

GB12
04-15-2007, 01:26 AM
Hate it. Right positions but wrong rounds.

1.Lynch
2.Miller

kalbears13
04-15-2007, 02:14 AM
You fooled me. I thought we were gonna get Lynch. Try not to get my hopes up and make sure you don't put the same person twice.

Dam8610
04-15-2007, 02:49 AM
Marshawn Lynch is so good he'll play for both the Titans and Browns.

LitoSheppard
04-15-2007, 10:25 AM
That's Ugly
---------------------
Ew.
---------------------

go_ravens94
04-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Ravens:
We take Staley in R1.
Wilson in R2.

EDIT: My 600th Post

hugegmenfan
04-15-2007, 10:40 AM
very good giants draft

eaglesalltheway
04-15-2007, 10:45 AM
I would absolutely love to have Leonard on the Eagles, and it is a high possibility, but not in the first round. We have far bigger needs than a #2 RB. I would be fine if we got him in the second, even if we trade up, as long as we don't give up too much for him. There are a few problems with the picks, but that can be fixed with more information of players and teams needs. We will not trade Bloom away, our FO would never get rid of a player the year after they drafted him.