PDA

View Full Version : All - NFLDC WR - Larry Fitz, Chad Johnson

stephenson86
08-01-2006, 08:02 PM
This is too find out who you here aat NFLDC think would be most suited to go long

All WR's have been chosen for either their ability to run routes, catch, block and create something out of nothing

the options are as follows, if you think i have missed someone (i dont think i have) then tell me and if i think ur reason is valid enough i will add them

If a Position has two players on the field (WR, OT, OG, DE, DT, OLB, CB) then the top two players on the poll will be selected, wth the higgher of the two being the #1 and the lower being #2

QB - Tom Brady - New England Patriots
RB - LaDainian Tomlinson - San Diego Chargers
WR - Larry Fitzgerald - Arizona Cardinals (WR#1)
OT -
OG -
C -
TE -
DE -
DT -
OLB -
MLB -
CB -
FS -
SS -
FB -
K -
P -

VOTE AWAY

AND PLEASE NO HOMERISM, IF YOU VOTE AGAINST YOUR TEAMS WR IT WONT MEAN YOU GO TO HELL, IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU DONT THINK HE IS THE BEST QB FOR LEADING A TEAM OVER THE OTHERS

P.S. the only way that this can be successful is if you vote, please if you vote here check back when your on too see if a new poll has gone up, all votes are crucial as the more votes there are the more set in stone the voice of the voters will be :D

Thanks,
stephenson86

moc182
08-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Owens is still the best in my book.

stephenson86
08-01-2006, 08:07 PM
I went for Marv, purely because of the potential trouble owens could cause, all my choices are made from a view of how would the team work in the real world

08-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Larry Fitzgerald.

Ravens1991
08-01-2006, 08:17 PM
I hate to say it but TO, if he just kept quiet and played football I woul;d definetly want him on my team.

taking in attitude its Chad Johnson.

08-01-2006, 08:22 PM
TO is the best WR in football

Smooth Criminal
08-01-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm going to have to go with Chad Johnson. He runs great routes and always seems to be open. He has great hands and he is an above average blocker. Plus he isn't as much of a problem as alot of today's WRs.

Staubach12
08-01-2006, 08:35 PM
TO is the best WR in football

08-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Very tough. Fitz and Boldin are both great as are most of them. T.O. has just used up all sympathy i could possibley give to an @sshole like him.

You just cannot pass on Moss, IMO.

Fogartynyy2789
08-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Until yesterday my choice was Brian Finneran

Fitzgerald- Smart, athletic, young will only get better

cuzifelt1ikeit
08-01-2006, 09:08 PM
definitly moss. they dont say you got mossed for nothing

Go_Eagles77
08-01-2006, 09:11 PM
This is too find out who you here aat NFLDC think would be most suited to go long

All WR's have been chosen for either their ability to run routes, catch, block and create something out of nothing

the options are as follows, if you think i have missed someone (i dont think i have) then tell me and if i think ur reason is valid enough i will add them

If a Position has two players on the field (WR, OT, OG, DE, DT, OLB, CB) then the top two players on the poll will be selected, wth the higgher of the two being the #1 and the lower being #2

QB - Tom Brady - New England Patriots
RB - LaDainian Tomlinson - San Diego Chargers
WR -
OT -
OG -
C -
TE -
DE -
DT -
OLB -
MLB -
CB -
FS -
SS -
FB -
K -
P -

VOTE AWAY

AND PLEASE NO HOMERISM, IF YOU VOTE AGAINST YOUR TEAMS WR IT WONT MEAN YOU GO TO HELL, IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU DONT THINK HE IS THE BEST QB FOR LEADING A TEAM OVER THE OTHERS

P.S. the only way that this can be successful is if you vote, please if you vote here check back when your on too see if a new poll has gone up, all votes are crucial as the more votes there are the more set in stone the voice of the voters will be :D

Thanks,
stephenson86
You forgot to change that part to WR, any way, I have to go with T.O. :cry:

Go_Eagles77
08-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Even though I don't think he's the best, if you have Santana Moss on that poll you should also have Chris Chambers, who is a great deep threat.

08-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Even though I don't think he's the best, if you have Santana Moss on that poll you should also have Chris Chambers, who is a great deep threat.

What exactly are you trying to say about Moss?

Go_Eagles77
08-01-2006, 09:28 PM

Nothing, he is an excellent deep threat, I just think Chambers is right there with him, since this thread is about deep threats. You can let your guard down now.

08-01-2006, 09:31 PM

Nothing, he is an excellent deep threat, I just think Chambers is right there with him, since this thread is about deep threats. You can let your guard down now.

I knew it, this thread is about WR's. Moss is not just a deep threat i caught that **** you just tryed to pull

Ho0k Em'
08-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Steve Smith need some more love.

bearsfan_51
08-01-2006, 10:57 PM
No kidding. Larry Fitzgerald? Look I'm not hating on the guy but Steve Smith is a one man show. As a Bears fan I can attest to that. To me he's not only the best WR in the game, he's the best offensive player in the game.

HawkeyeFan
08-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Torry Holt. Great hands, very very consistent, great route running, willing blocker not great at it though, and doesn't fumble (becuase he dives after the catch which I hate)

Ho0k Em'
08-01-2006, 10:59 PM
No kidding. Larry Fitzgerald? Look I'm not hating on the guy but Steve Smith is a one man show. As a Bears fan I can attest to that. To me he's not only the best WR in the game, he's the best offensive player in the game.

He led the league in receptions and yards last year (I believe) and can only get 5 votes.

Ravens1991
08-01-2006, 11:02 PM
wow Marvin Harrison jumped a head and is leading this poll.

08-01-2006, 11:04 PM
Randy Moss, easy

Jensen
08-01-2006, 11:06 PM

How did Marvin Harrison just get 12 or something votes in the last 30 minutes?

Ho0k Em'
08-01-2006, 11:07 PM
NO EDDIE KENNISON WTF?

SuperMcGee
08-01-2006, 11:07 PM
I stand by Anquan.

Looks like this poll is all about routes and hands. It works though. Marvin and Fitz are amazing

steelersfan43
08-01-2006, 11:18 PM
I'm going to have to go with Chad Johnson. He runs great routes and always seems to be open. He has great hands and he is an above average blocker. Plus he isn't as much of a problem as alot of today's WRs.

he might throw a punch at your head coach though.

moc182
08-01-2006, 11:32 PM
Marvin Harrison is a shell of his former self, him leading this is a joke.

RCAChainGang
08-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Im a colts fan and i love marvin but Steve Smith is the best IMO.

Jensen
08-02-2006, 12:17 AM
Marvin Harrison is a shell of his former self, him leading this is a joke.

And him getting 12 votes in 30 minutes is a joke too...

yourfavestoner
08-02-2006, 12:17 AM
Steve Smith. He is the most well-rounded. He can take a screen to the house, make the tough catches over the middle, burn you deep, and return kicks. The only knock on him is his size, as he will never be able to beat a DB on a jump ball. However, with as good as he is at getting open, it's rare that a DB will be stride for stride with him on a deep ball anyways.

stephenson86
08-02-2006, 06:36 AM
this poll is going well, ill keep it up for the whole of today aswell

08-02-2006, 12:39 PM
even though im a Colts and Cardinals fan, Fitz and Marvin should not be leading this. TO is the best WR in the NFL hands down.

Tubby
08-02-2006, 01:03 PM
How is Fitz leading this? Sure, he's good, but he isnt TO or Marvin Harrison caliber.

HawkeyeFan
08-02-2006, 01:04 PM
How is Fitz leading this? Sure, he's good, but he isnt TO or Marvin Harrison caliber.
Oh yes he is. Have you seen him play? He makes the most unbelievable catchs in the world.

08-02-2006, 01:04 PM
something tells me that Larry and Marvins votes havent come from all different people.

P-L
08-02-2006, 01:06 PM
Some people may be voting based on TO's age. He is exactly a young duckling anymore.

Tubby
08-02-2006, 01:08 PM
Oh yes he is. Have you seen him play? He makes the most unbelievable catchs in the world.

So do Randy Moss and Roy Williams, but Moss has seven votes and Williams isnt on the poll. Voting for someone because they make great catches is very shallow.

08-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Some people may be voting based on TO's age. He is exactly a young duckling anymore.

if age matters then why is marvin tied for first?

YAYareaRB
08-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Where's the Superbowl MVP Hines Ward?

08-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Where's the Superbowl MVP Hines Ward?

come on. hes a good WR but he doesnt deserve consideration for being called the best wide reciever in the NFL

08-02-2006, 04:32 PM

I think he's better than Harrison right now. For sure actually.

Everyone forgets how good Moss was 2 years ago too. He was better than TO.

Steve Smith is probably better than Fitz, but i don't care what you guys say about homerism, Fitz is from Pitt so he gets my vote :D .

stephenson86
08-02-2006, 04:58 PM
this is impressive

4 on 13

im excited too see what tonights voting brings, as tomorrow they are chosen

mcdlaxbonz13
08-02-2006, 05:08 PM
i voted for starvin marvin, puting him at 14 votes

stephenson86
08-02-2006, 07:48 PM
bump

Ravens1991
08-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Larry Fitzgerald and having more votes then TO didnt see that coming

stephenson86
08-02-2006, 07:57 PM

i wan choices too be made on character aswell, so if this team was a unit in real life, would TO fit in, i dno

thetedginnshow
08-02-2006, 07:57 PM
I love Fitz, but he really shouldn't be up so high. The other three contenders deserve it, though. Owens or CJ should get it, IMO.

Ravens1991
08-02-2006, 08:01 PM

i wan choices too be made on character aswell, so if this team was a unit in real life, would TO fit in, i dno

o that explains a lot.

stephenson86
08-02-2006, 08:02 PM

o that explains a lot.

this wouldnt need too be done if it was too be done off pure ability

like manning would beat brady as hes a better QB but he cant take a team the whole way

stephenson86
08-03-2006, 04:41 AM
still really close :shock: i cant actually close this poll yet :lol:

ninerfan
08-03-2006, 04:49 AM

nah its been long enough . time to call it to fitzy

stephenson86
08-03-2006, 04:51 AM

i cant as we have the number 1 reciever

but we dont have the number 2 reciever so im waiting on the deciding vote

ninerfan
08-03-2006, 04:53 AM

i haven't got that long. if you haven't noticed its you and me baby thats it. The Aussie and the Brit to decide it

stephenson86
08-03-2006, 04:54 AM

i haven't got that long. if you haven't noticed its you and me baby thats it. The Aussie and the Brit to decide it

ill put up the next poll

and change the name on this one

ninerfan
08-03-2006, 04:56 AM

ill put up the next poll

sweet whats next ?

ninerfan
08-03-2006, 04:58 AM
what happems if someone votes for starvin marvin ?

stephenson86
08-03-2006, 05:00 AM

ill put up the next poll

sweet whats next ?

OT , so im thinking on the list will be
pace
ogden
jones
samuals
levi jones
jansen
anderson
thomas
glenn
adams

stephenson86
08-03-2006, 05:00 AM
what happems if someone votes for starvin marvin ?

then i will be in stitches lol

ninerfan
08-03-2006, 05:05 AM

ill put up the next poll

sweet whats next ?

OT , so im thinking on the list will be
pace
ogden
jones
samuals
levi jones
jansen
anderson
thomas
glenn
adams

yep

ShutDwn
08-03-2006, 09:51 AM

No freaking crap. What more does he need to do

Draft King
08-03-2006, 11:07 AM
For the most talented WR I'll have to go with Randy Moss, he demands so much attention from opposing defenses it helps free up his team's chance to make plays, and while demanding all this attention he still finds a way to get great numbers.

DMWSackMachine
08-03-2006, 12:18 PM

Um.....turn in more than one good season, maybe?

If Steve Smith plays the same way for the next 3 years that he played last year, then he will be the undisputed best WR in the league, and maybe even the best player period. But he hasn't yet. He has one great season vs. 5 or 6 for TO and Randy. 3 for Chad and 8 or 9 for Marvin.

Which is why Fitz being that high is also ridiculous, and Holt being that low is even more awful. There are too many bandwagon jumpers on this forum. For Fitzgerald to be beating out guys like TO, Randy, Torry, 85, and even guys like Ward and Chambers is simply ridiculous. The question is not "who will have the better career" or "who has the most potential" its "who is the best right now", and Fitz still has a long way to go.

That said, he is probably my favorite young WR in the league, and I love his game. So it's not like I'm hating on him. His day will come, and when it does I think he has a legitimate shot at Jerry Rice status for his generation of recievers.

08-03-2006, 12:22 PM
It should have been Terrell and 85

smittyjs
08-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Larry Fitzgerald

SuperMcGee
08-03-2006, 12:33 PM

your sig looks like DeAngelo is drowning

Hines Ward should not have gotten as many votes as Torry Holt

Surtain & Law
08-03-2006, 12:35 PM