PDA

View Full Version : Drew Olson

EdReedUnstoppable
04-15-2007, 01:29 AM
Had a very impressive first start in NFLE.

I saw some of the game he looked calm and in control, got dinged up but returned and looked dam good. His team got smoked but his stat line was....

22 of 35 for 260 yards, and 2 TDs.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
04-15-2007, 07:21 AM
Had a very impressive first start in NFLE.

I saw some of the game he looked calm and in control, got dinged up but returned and looked dam good. His team got smoked but his stat line was....

22 of 35 for 260 yards, and 2 TDs.

yea I liked the way he played and I think he could very well be a starter in the NFL IMO. He also had 2ints (i think)

go_ravens94
04-15-2007, 09:20 AM
yea I liked the way he played and I think he could very well be a starter in the NFL IMO. He also had 2ints (i think)

Yeah, but the Ravens' current QB's aren't doing much better.
Olson is going to be the next Ravens UDFA steal.

Ravens1991
04-15-2007, 10:52 AM
I think he will be a good player, I hope we keep him.

BigDawg819
04-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Hopefully his play in Europe will quiet all this garbage Troy Smith rhetoric that has re-surfaced. I liked what I saw from Drew, kind of reminded me of those days when he was UCLA ripping up the PAC-10.

EdReedUnstoppable
04-16-2007, 12:17 AM
Hopefully his play in Europe will quiet all this garbage Troy Smith rhetoric that has re-surfaced. I liked what I saw from Drew, kind of reminded me of those days when he was UCLA ripping up the PAC-10.

I would still prefer Troy Smith to Drew Olson, if we can get Smith in a rd 4th or lower.

neko4
04-16-2007, 12:19 AM
do yall know who his WR's were?

BigDawg819
04-16-2007, 12:32 AM
I would still prefer Troy Smith to Drew Olson, if we can get Smith in a rd 4th or lower.

Kordell Part Deux to Drew? BLASPEMY!

Troj2man
04-16-2007, 01:50 AM
I'd prefer Troy Smith over Drew Olson also. Drew just isn't that good, and there's a reason why 32 teams passed on him through 7 rounds of the draft. He had a very good career in college, but his game just doesn't translate well to the NFL.

BigDawg819
04-16-2007, 01:53 AM
I'd prefer Troy Smith over Drew Olson also. Drew just isn't that good, and there's a reason why 32 teams passed on him through 7 rounds of the draft. He had a very good career in college, but his game just doesn't translate well to the NFL.

They said that about Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, and countless other QB's just like I say Troy Smith doesn't translate into the NFL other then a wasted draft pick.

EdReedUnstoppable
04-16-2007, 06:31 AM
They said that about Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, and countless other QB's just like I say Troy Smith doesn't translate into the NFL other then a wasted draft pick.

Did you just use your own argument against yourself? I believe you did!

ccB
04-16-2007, 08:18 AM
I highly doubt Olsen ever does anything for the Ravens.

BigDawg819
04-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Did you just use your own argument against yourself? I believe you did!

No I used it correctly, it was meant to show that everyone thinks they know what a guy can do before he even gets a chance to do it on the field. I've been saying Kordell Jr is going to be garbage forever, just because there is a huge contingent on his nuts after his senior campaign means nothing to me. All these peeps seem to forget all the drama and bs he was a part of earlier in his career and that he wasn't even good enough to start until his senior year. Plus it sickens me to hear Ravens fans bash on Olsen simply because he was undrafted. HELLO! So was Bart Scott, Will Demps, Mike Flynn, etc, how soon they forget the past.......

dcarey20
04-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Olson had an ok day for the Admirals. I only got to see about 5 of his passes, but his finals stats were something like 60% comp, 2 TD, 2 INT, and 260 yards. His blocking wasn't great. Interesting thing: He got crushed, fumbled it, and Jim Cotrell(also a Raven) picked it up.

BigDawg819
04-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Olson had an ok day for the Admirals. I only got to see about 5 of his passes, but his finals stats were something like 60% comp, 2 TD, 2 INT, and 260 yards. His blocking wasn't great. Interesting thing: He got crushed, fumbled it, and Jim Cotrell(also a Raven) picked it up.

Good to hear Jimmy Cotrell is getting some playing time, I really like him as a player.

Ravens1991
04-16-2007, 03:47 PM
No I used it correctly, it was meant to show that everyone thinks they know what a guy can do before he even gets a chance to do it on the field. I've been saying Kordell Jr is going to be garbage forever, just because there is a huge contingent on his nuts after his senior campaign means nothing to me. All these peeps seem to forget all the drama and bs he was a part of earlier in his career and that he wasn't even good enough to start until his senior year. Plus it sickens me to hear Ravens fans bash on Olsen simply because he was undrafted. HELLO! So was Bart Scott, Will Demps, Mike Flynn, etc, how soon they forget the past.......

If that is your belief then y do you constantly bash Smith without Troy ever getting to play a down in the NFL.

PS- I love the sig bigdawg I will + rep you when I can again

America
04-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troj2man
"I'd prefer Troy Smith over Drew Olson also. Drew just isn't that good, and there's a reason why 32 teams passed on him through 7 rounds of the draft. He had a very good career in college, but his game just doesn't translate well to the NFL."

I'm sorry bigdawg, you kind of put yourself in a pickle there. That's what they say about Troy Smith, we haven't seen him play in the pro's so you cannot discredit them yet. And about guys like Demps, Scott and Flynn...they were in different situations than Olson. Scott was a safety/LB from a small school. Demps was from a small college program(although not as small as Scott or Flynn, and was a walk on there and didnt start till his RS Jr year. Flynn just came from Maine, and no one comes to the NFL from Maine...and he was a center and those, especially unathletic ones rarely get drafted. Olson was a big time player at a big time college. His game doesn't translate for physical limitations. I really like him, but I agree with what the others are saying.

niel89
04-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Kordell Part Deux to Drew? BLASPEMY!

Kordell had a winning record in the NFL just like kyle boller:D

"Led Steelers to 46-29 regular season record and two AFC Championship Game berths during his eight years in Pittsburgh"

Ravens1991
04-16-2007, 08:14 PM
you know mike Flynn weighed like 265 out of college.

EdReedUnstoppable
04-16-2007, 08:17 PM
you know mike Flynn weighed like 265 out of college.

You know I wish Mike Flynn would retire right?

BigDawg819
04-17-2007, 12:57 AM
Look Smith is garbage, look at his career at Ohio State and you see "bad seed" written all over him. Right now Olsen is a better QB due to him being in a NFL system for a year and Smith is not worth the gamble. Stop drooling over his senior year and look at the rest of his career and maybe my thought process with shine through. I'm am so tired of always arguing/debating over QB's for the Ravens, would they just trade for Peyton and be done with it!

ChewyRaven318
04-17-2007, 04:32 AM
Look Smith is garbage, look at his career at Ohio State and you see "bad seed" written all over him. Right now Olsen is a better QB due to him being in a NFL system for a year and Smith is not worth the gamble. Stop drooling over his senior year and look at the rest of his career and maybe my thought process with shine through. I'm am so tired of always arguing/debating over QB's for the Ravens, would they just trade for Peyton and be done with it!

Not really. His sophomore and junior years are good from a statistics standpoint. I hate to say it, but Troy Smith is far from "overrated" at this point, seeing as he's expected to go in the 3rd/4th round anyways. Do I think the Ravens should take him? No. But I believe that he'll do ok wherever he goes, as a viable backup at least.

ccB
04-17-2007, 07:43 AM
I dont think in no way is Troy Smith overrated as a prospect. Maybe as a college player he was, but in terms of the draft I do not ever see anyone overrating him.

niel89
04-17-2007, 02:04 PM
I dont think in no way is Troy Smith overrated as a prospect. Maybe as a college player he was, but in terms of the draft I do not ever see anyone overrating him.

4th round doesnt seem to overratted to me. the guy had some productive years in college. a 4th rounder would be worth the shot if he is still even there. hell he could be a good back up even

BigDawg819
04-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Not really. His sophomore and junior years are good from a statistics standpoint. I hate to say it, but Troy Smith is far from "overrated" at this point, seeing as he's expected to go in the 3rd/4th round anyways. Do I think the Ravens should take him? No. But I believe that he'll do ok wherever he goes, as a viable backup at least.

His off the field antics are just a show of his bad decision making process and subpar character. That is not needed in Baltimore, let him get his wish and go to Cleveland.

Troj2man
04-17-2007, 05:44 PM

I'm sorry but Drew Olson is not better than Troy Smith despite what you may think. Being in an NFL system for one year does not automatically make him the better QB. With that logic, I guess you think Kyle Boller is a better QB than Vince Young.