PDA

View Full Version : Boarding School

Jimmy
04-15-2007, 06:58 AM
Just wondering, does anyone here go to a boarind school? ever had a friend go to boarding school
if not; what are your views of it

before i got there i pictured it as a place full of freakin preps and just snobby kids who got sent there because their parents hate them

which i quickly discovered was only a litte true
most of the kids are rediculously wealthy, and just obliviously ignorant about life, but there are a few good kids regarless of that, and the class size doubles next year

the one thing i can't stand is there is NO diversity.

if you broke down my grade it would look like this

38 Caucasian
5 Asians
1 Latin American
0 African American

Next years size figures to look like this

60-70 Caucasian
6-12 Asians
1-3 Latin American
2-4 African Americans

its honestly pretty sad, but fortunatly there is more diversity in the upperclasses, and im not giving boarding school a bad rep, this is just my assesment

princefielder28
04-15-2007, 07:38 AM
Stay where you are if you like it otherwise give it a try

Vince Lombardi
04-15-2007, 10:03 AM
I went to a boring school. ;)

GiantRutgersFan
04-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Whats so great about diversity????

BigDawg819
04-15-2007, 11:13 AM

Getting away from TOOLS such as yourself! As for boarding schools I see it as just another form of education and as long as the teachers are educating then I see no problem with it. But your stats on the number of students and there lack of diversity is a bit questionable, but hey you get plenty of diversity in college.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
04-15-2007, 11:14 AM
I go to a catholic school in Canada in the Burbs. We have diversity numbers not a lot better than that. Except less Latin Americans. Lots of asians though. 12 black people. give or take.

Big Mike
04-15-2007, 11:16 AM
My school is dominated by Blacks and Italians. If I went to Boarding School I woouldnt mind but there would have to be an all girls school close by unless my Boarding School had girls itself. I would also need like 3 black guys with me.

BuckNaked
04-15-2007, 11:24 AM

I know, don't you just wish everybody in the world was the same race?...........dumbass

Big Mike
04-15-2007, 11:27 AM

I was wondering what gave you such a bad rep...

BigDawg819
04-15-2007, 11:44 AM
I was wondering what gave you such a bad rep...

GRF types, therefore he's a DUMBASS!

steelersfan43
04-15-2007, 12:18 PM
my school is dominated by whites and asians, its like 70% white, 25% asian, 1%black, 1% latino, 3% other.

Draft King
04-15-2007, 12:21 PM
My school is pretty much a complete mixture of all races. We have about an equal number of Asians, Whites, Blacks, and Arabs.

neko4
04-15-2007, 12:33 PM
My school has mostly white, black, and latinos. Theres like two (asian) indian kids(and theyre twins) and an okay amount of asians

A friend of mine was about to go to boarding school but then he dropped out of High school and got his GED

Ho0k Em'
04-15-2007, 01:41 PM
My school is mostly white. Like 60 white 20 black 10 mexican 10 other.

Big Mike
04-15-2007, 02:17 PM
My school domination was depicted earlier but it's hard to say because my HS has a whopping 2000 people.

I would say 30% Africans | 20% Jamaican | 25% Italiano | 10% Asians(indian and chinese) |15% Other

* I live in the suburbs too

jets future
04-15-2007, 02:20 PM
my cousin went to boarding school in india he didnt like it at all.
he said it was really boring, and they were really strict

my school is like
55% hatians
30%jamacians
10%asians
5%white

Ho0k Em'
04-15-2007, 02:23 PM
My school domination was depicted earlier but it's hard to say because my HS has a whopping 2000 people.

I would say 30% Africans | 20% Jamaican | 25% Italiano | 10% Asians(indian and chinese) |15% Other

* I live in the suburbs too

When the **** did Jamacians move to canada?

jets future
04-15-2007, 02:25 PM

lol i was going to say are you sure live in canada

Big Mike
04-15-2007, 02:27 PM

LOL, a while back. Same with the Africans (Ghanains to be more specific.) My family was like the 1st to move from the ghetto in to the GTA suburbs like ten years ago. Now there are so much black ppl in Brampton, Ontario. The Jamacains and Africans are rivals in everything but we hate the italians to a harmless degree.
In the end we are all friends though nonetheless. One love, one heart.

http://www.1uptravel.com/flag/images/g/gh.gif

VS

http://www.flaggenkiste.de/images/big/jamaica.jpg

Ho0k Em'
04-15-2007, 02:32 PM
LOL, a while back. Same with the Africans (Ghanains to be more specific.) My family was like the 1st to move from the ghetto in to the GTA suburbs like ten years ago. Now there are so much black ppl in Brampton, Ontario. The Jamacains and Africans are rivals in everything but we hate the italians to a harmless degree.
In the end we are all friends though nonetheless. One love, one heart.

http://www.1uptravel.com/flag/images/g/gh.gif

VS

http://www.flaggenkiste.de/images/big/jamaica.jpg

Did they just start moving to Canada for a change of scenery or what?? I know alot of the black people up there moved there back in the slave days.

Big Mike
04-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Did they just start moving to Canada for a change of scenery or what?? I know alot of the black people up there moved there back in the slave days.

thats part of it but also for better opportunity. i was born in Canafa and most others were too, nut have parents who came up here like 20 yrs ago.