PDA

View Full Version : Who will have a better year, Peyton or Eli?

pav
08-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Peyton lost Edgerin James and Marvin Harrison is getting old. Last year Eli had more passing yards than Peyton, in case you didn't know. I think Eli will break out this year, and maybe even contend for the MVP trophy. Tell me if you think i'm crazy, but this kid has all the tools.

08-02-2006, 03:57 PM
If Eli is a MVP candidate right now then so is Brett Favre

eazyb81
08-02-2006, 03:57 PM
I guess Peyton, but this reminds me of a topic on Cold Pizza..... (shudder)

M.O.T.H.
08-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Eli barerly threw over 50% last year.

08-02-2006, 04:01 PM
i cant wait until the Giants homers all start coming in here.

pav
08-02-2006, 04:02 PM
neither can i.

08-02-2006, 04:03 PM
neither can i.

the first one has arrived

raiderfan_89
08-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Its just a fans hopes.

portermvp84
08-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Peyton has a lot better offense.

M.O.T.H.
08-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Giants' fans dont realize that if Eli didnt have 6'5 Plax, he would have had a comp % in the mid 40's.

08-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Eli & Tiki vs Peyton & Joseph is more like it

boy the colts will lose there edge

08-02-2006, 04:45 PM

you really hate the colts dont you? Addai and rhodes will combine for at least 1300 yards and Peyton will have an MVP type season while Eli will probably do the same as last year just with a few less picks and a little higher completion percentage.

08-02-2006, 04:51 PM

you really hate the colts dont you? Addai and rhodes will combine for at least 1300 yards and Peyton will have an MVP type season while Eli will probably do the same as last year just with a few less picks and a little higher completion percentage.

no i dont hate the colts i hate that the colts let james go

bigbluedefense
08-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Ok, before us Giants fans get a bad rap, let me try to clear it up. No, Eli will not have a better statistical year than Peyton. Can he have a better year though in terms of wins/losses, yeah thats possible.

But I do expect him to have a break out year. He'll make the Carson Palmer 3rd year leap. Will he be an MVP...I don't know. The homer in me says its possible, but I'll stay neutral for now and say no.

But a 60 %, 30 TD season isn't out of question for Eli. He will make the leap this year no doubt.

And to MOTH...you do realize Plax dropped his fair share of balls too don't you? And Eli only had accuracy issues in the 2nd half of the season, when he got worn out and fell into bad tendencies.

Go_Eli
08-02-2006, 05:21 PM
Everyone else doesn't realize that last season was Eli's second season in the league, and his first as a full time starter.

johbur
08-02-2006, 05:30 PM
If Eli is a MVP candidate right now then so is Brett Favre

And your point?

Brett and Eli = Co-MVPs... :wink:

Eli not an MVP candidate now, but if he throws 30 TDs and his team goes 12-4, that makes an MVP candidate out of any QB, including Kurt Warner this year.

duckseason
08-02-2006, 05:34 PM
IMO, Eli has been a better player than his brother at every stage of his career. I'm not talking about stats, either. He was better in college, he was a better prospect coming out, and he was a better rookie. I think it makes sense because he is just as, if not more physically gifted than Peyton, and he's not only benefited from their father, but by learning from Peyton as well. He's basically "Manning 3.0". I think he will end up being the better QB when it's all said and done, but no way will he be better than Peyton this year.

08-02-2006, 05:43 PM

they couldnt afford him. its not like they just let him walk

08-02-2006, 05:48 PM

keep james over wanye

duckseason
08-02-2006, 05:48 PM

Also, people forget the fact that Addai is a legitimate home-run threat. James wasn't. I loved James' consistency, but watch for Addai to break a few long TD's against those 7 man fronts. Just the fact that he plays for the Colts automatically makes him a good RB anyway. I think their ground game will be just fine.

yourfavestoner
08-02-2006, 05:49 PM

Try to understand the salary cap. Resigning Edge=losing Dwight Freeney, and Freeney is a far more valuable player than Edge.

08-02-2006, 05:51 PM

Try to understand the salary cap. Resigning Edge=losing Dwight Freeney, and Freeney is a far more valuable player than Freeney.

im not taking freeney whihc they may not even keep

im say wayne - james over wanye how did james get paided by the cardz
and how much did the colts pay wayne im not sure

duckseason
08-02-2006, 05:53 PM
keep james over wayne

That's ridiculous. Wayne is their best receiver right now. Without him, their entire offense would decline. You can't just put a rookie WR in there and expect them to be solid. Especially this year. On the other hand, there were no less than 4 RB's in the draft who could easily start for them, and their offense shouldn't stall at all. Don't forget, the object is to win a Super Bowl. I don't think they want to wait 3 years for another WR to develop, and by then, they don't have Marvin anyway, and James would be old too. Letting James go was easily the most logical thing to do.

Smooth Criminal
08-02-2006, 06:17 PM
I'll take Peyton. Losing James won't be to big. Rhodes and Addai will be able to fill. Harrison hasn't showed a sign of slowing down and even if he does there is always Wayne on the other side.

Though the Giants offense looks very good and Eli could have a huge year with the tools he has.

Still Peton has the experience so I'll give the edge to him.

TCU
08-02-2006, 06:22 PM
i think Eli will be the best in the NFC and Peyton will be the best in the AFC so i cant vote because they will both be the best but ill say Peyton throws one more TD than little bro.

Shiver
08-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Eli will play better, but the statistics won't show it. He'll be more consistent, more accurate, and have less bad decisions. But he won't have cupcake defenses to pad his stats with, like he did last season. To see his progress, you'll have to read between the lines. So no, he will not out-perform his Brother next year.

08-02-2006, 06:36 PM

keep james over wanye

it easier to find running backs in the draft than it is recievers and losing wayne would be a bigger hit to our offense. I would rather have Peyton, Rhodes/Addai, Marvin, Reggie and Stokley than Peyton, Edge, Marvin, Stokley and Chad Jackson.

08-02-2006, 06:38 PM

Try to understand the salary cap. Resigning Edge=losing Dwight Freeney, and Freeney is a far more valuable player than Freeney.

Freeney will stay. he has said time and time again he wants to stay in Indianapolis and we will have enough money to keep him.

Draft King
08-02-2006, 06:43 PM

I agree, Freeney makes Freeney look bad.

08-02-2006, 06:53 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Staubach12
08-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Is this a joke? Peyton always has been and always will be better that Eli.

Draft King
08-02-2006, 08:30 PM

You put your laughing smilies in my genius quote. :(

critesy
08-02-2006, 09:17 PM

you dont make any sense!!!!

i cant believe people tolerate this...wow!

President
08-02-2006, 09:42 PM
As much as i'd love to say Eli....Peyton will have the better season.

yourfavestoner
08-02-2006, 10:07 PM

You put your laughing smilies in my genius quote. :(

I fixed it. Freeney is more valuable than Edge blah, blah, blah. You got my point.

Jensen
08-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Is this a serious question?

cunningham06
08-03-2006, 12:33 AM
Peyton for sure, people on this site are obsessed with Eli, ok mainly Giants fans, but he hasn't done anything really noteworthy except get a lot of yards, which Kerry Collins did his whole career, so it's not that great of an accomplishment. His accuracy is terrible, as is another qb who is hated on this site, Michael Vick. Eli's accuracy is terrible, and that brings his whole qb rating down, so no he won't have a statistically better season than Peyton will. Better than last year? Probably, but until his accuracy picks up I will not consider him close to what his brother is.

jetvilma51
08-03-2006, 12:36 AM
Is this a joke? Peyton always has been and always will be better that Eli.

Is this a serious question?

Tobzilla
08-03-2006, 01:18 AM
maybe in two or three years I will take this question seriously.

President
08-03-2006, 06:27 AM
Peyton for sure, people on this site are obsessed with Eli, ok mainly Giants fans, but he hasn't done anything really noteworthy except get a lot of yards, which Kerry Collins did his whole career, so it's not that great of an accomplishment. His accuracy is terrible, as is another qb who is hated on this site, Michael Vick. Eli's accuracy is terrible, and that brings his whole qb rating down, so no he won't have a statistically better season than Peyton will. Better than last year? Probably, but until his accuracy picks up I will not consider him close to what his brother is.
Eli is far better then Collins....

Jughead10
08-03-2006, 06:48 AM

Please don't compare Eli to Vick. Vick has been in the league for 5 years now. Eli 2. You will see the progression this season. Mostly because Eli is a student of the game and has half a brain in his head and Vick isn't a student of the game and doesn't have half a brain in his head.

eacantdraft
08-03-2006, 07:23 AM
IMO, Eli has been a better player than his brother at every stage of his career. I'm not talking about stats, either. He was better in college, he was a better prospect coming out, and he was a better rookie. I think it makes sense because he is just as, if not more physically gifted than Peyton, and he's not only benefited from their father, but by learning from Peyton as well. He's basically "Manning 3.0". I think he will end up being the better QB when it's all said and done, but no way will he be better than Peyton this year.

You got to be kidding. Peyton was better in college. Eli was never in a position to win the national champtionship.

Peyton had 26 TD passes his rookie season, a 90 QB rating his second. Eli hasn't even come close to those numbers.

Peyton plays at least half of his games inside or in nice weather while Eli has to play in windy Giants stadium and play in Philadelphia and Washington every year.

Who cares if Eli has all those passing yards. Passing yards is a very overrated stat. No QB has ever won a Super Bowl while leading the league in passing yards.

The Eli fangirls are such an embarrassment to Giant fans.

Jughead10
08-03-2006, 07:28 AM

You got to be kidding. Peyton was better in college. Eli was never in a position to win the national champtionship.

Peyton had 26 TD passes his rookie season, a 90 QB rating his second. Eli hasn't even come close to those numbers.

Peyton plays at least half of his games inside or in nice weather while Eli has to play in windy Giants stadium and play in Philadelphia and Washington every year.

Who cares if Eli has all those passing yards. Passing yards is a very overrated stat. No QB has ever won a Super Bowl while leading the league in passing yards.

The Eli fangirls are such an embarrassment to Giant fans.

Your username is an embarassment to Giants fans.

08-03-2006, 07:56 AM
This cant be a serioius post..

Jughead10
08-03-2006, 08:06 AM

I think it stems from the fact that the NFL put them up against each other Week 1 on the big NBC game.

Smooth Criminal
08-03-2006, 08:14 AM

I think it stems from the fact that the NFL put them up against each other Week 1 on the big NBC game.

Still there is no reason to say that Eli will do better than Peyton.

Tell you what, all of the Giants fans have been writing off Eli's problems saying he is young and still learning. Thats fine after 2 years but is that still going to be the excuse next offseason if he doesn't improve greatly this year?

bearsfan_51
08-03-2006, 08:20 AM
Archie.

Jughead10
08-03-2006, 08:26 AM

Tell you what, all of the Giants fans have been writing off Eli's problems saying he is young and still learning. Thats fine after 2 years but is that still going to be the excuse next offseason if he doesn't improve greatly this year?

I don't think so. The third year is always the big step in a QBs development historically if you look at all the greats. Not every young QB is put on a great team and is expected to just throw 15-18 passes a game. I'm expecting a big improvement this year and if not I'll be dissapointed. I'm not going to be happy if I'm waiting in year 6 for Eli to come around like Falcons fans are with Vick.

08-03-2006, 08:40 AM

I think it stems from the fact the giants are the biggest homers on this board.

Jughead10
08-03-2006, 08:43 AM

Not really. I think it just still bugs the Skins and Cowgirls fans that we came away with the East last year, and upgraded our team just enough to probably still be considered favorites.

08-03-2006, 09:11 AM

Not really. I think it just still bugs the Skins and Cowgirls fans that we came away with the East last year, and upgraded our team just enough to probably still be considered favorites.

Lets see how you do with the same amount of home games as everyone else. Redskins and Cowboys are both better than the Giants.

Smooth Criminal
08-03-2006, 09:12 AM

I don't think so. The third year is always the big step in a QBs development historically if you look at all the greats. Not every young QB is put on a great team and is expected to just throw 15-18 passes a game. I'm expecting a big improvement this year and if not I'll be dissapointed. I'm not going to be happy if I'm waiting in year 6 for Eli to come around like Falcons fans are with Vick.

It will be very interesting to see if you still say this after Eli has another average year this year. Next offseason I'm sure we'll hear about how Manning will have a breakout year. Fact is he needs to improve his accuracy alot before he can really breakout.

Smooth Criminal
08-03-2006, 09:13 AM

Lets see how you do with the same amount of home games as everyone else. Redskins and Cowboys are both better than the Giants.

Cowboys yes. Redskins no.

And having NO switched to a home game didn't help them any. They would have crushed NO anywhere in the world.

Jughead10
08-03-2006, 09:15 AM

Oh please. We could have played that game in Greenland. Do you really think the Saints would have beaten us.

Jughead10
08-03-2006, 09:20 AM

It will be very interesting to see if you still say this after Eli has another average year this year. Next offseason I'm sure we'll hear about how Manning will have a breakout year. Fact is he needs to improve his accuracy alot before he can really breakout.

I'm too lazy but you can go look up the improvements QBs such as Elway, Aikman, and Palmer (just to name a few for example), all made in their third year. The third year is the key year for improvement. Eli got his lumps his first half season. Got his team to the playoffs his second year with very good numbers, accuracy killed him the second half. Now I would expect him to improve on those acurracy numbers. Reports from camp are extremely positive, but I don't put too much faith in those. I'd like to see it myself. If Eli doesn't improve his accuracy, I will be very upset and vent in on this board. However if the Giants get to the Super Bowl despite accuracy problems, I would be a little less upset about it. Who knows if that will happen though.

08-03-2006, 09:23 AM

Cowboys yes. Redskins no.

And having NO switched to a home game didn't help them any. They would have crushed NO anywhere in the world.

I would love you hear your opion on why the giants are better than the redskins.

bigbluedefense
08-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Eli has a max of 4 years for me personally. If he shows improvement this year but doesn't make a "leap" I'll give him one more year. But thats it, if he doesn't get it by year 4, then yes, he is a dissappointment.

But I don't see why anyone would believe he won't have a breakout year. Look at his progress. It has been exponential. Say what you want about him last year, his improvement was light years ahead of his rookie year. He ran an extremely complicated offense (Aikman himself reported on espnradio that Eli was running a 5th year QB's offense in his sophomore year), he is responsible for audiblling all the pass protection schemes himself, and he runs a vertical pass game that has everyone go deep, which doesn't really help completion % when you think about it.

The offense also revolved around him. We set up the run with our pass. Eli had more responsibility than 95% of the qbs in the league in only his 2nd season. Last year, our offense wasn't asked to "manage" games, we expected them to WIN games. There were games where we expected him to outscore the opposition for us to win. He shouldered alot of responsibility, he was literally expected to win games for us by himself at times. And look how much pressure was thrown on him during the season. In week 1, you ask anyone what they expected out of Eli last year theyd say an 8-8 season with growing pains. The second he did what he did against SD, people were talking Super Bowl. Thats what he has to deal with. Ive never seen a qb in my life with so much scrutiny and pressure thrown on his shoulders so quickly. Hes handled it very well so far.

His 3rd year should be another leap. People forget that his accuracy was an issue in the 2nd half of the season. Thats attributed to him losing muscle mass during the season, wearing out mentally and falling into tendencies, and a worn out arm (the kid threw damn near 40 times a game, at least 35). He's bulked up in the offseason and has run 3 miles a day (i think its 3 miles) and has built stamina to keep his increased muscle mass this offseason. He's studied oodles of tape, and he's HUNGRY. You can feel it. He is really hungry to prove everyone wrong this year. All reports indicate at least right now his accuracy is dead on as well.

bigbluedefense
08-03-2006, 09:50 AM
I would love you hear your opion on why the giants are better than the redskins.

Let's not get into that. You guys have your opinions, we have ours. No matter what you say, you won't change our mind and vice versa. So we'd be arguing for nothing. The only way to truely find out is by watching the season. The season will answer all questions and debates. No need to side track the point of the thread with a debate that will go unresolved forever and ever and ever.

eacantdraft
08-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Eli isn't even the best QB of his draft class, let alone anywhere near his brother.

The offense also revolved around him. We set up the run with our pass. Eli had more responsibility than 95% of the qbs in the league in only his 2nd season. Last year, our offense wasn't asked to "manage" games, we expected them to WIN games. There were games where we expected him to outscore the opposition for us to win. He shouldered alot of responsibility, he was literally expected to win games for us by himself at times.

QB's that manage the games are the ones that go to the Super Bowl. Hope you notice that little fact. Expecting to outscore the opposition every week is not going to you far in the playoffs either.

pav
08-03-2006, 10:55 AM
i'll be back after that sunday night game to rub it in all your faces.

bigbluedefense
08-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Eli isn't even the best QB of his draft class, let alone anywhere near his brother.

The offense also revolved around him. We set up the run with our pass. Eli had more responsibility than 95% of the qbs in the league in only his 2nd season. Last year, our offense wasn't asked to "manage" games, we expected them to WIN games. There were games where we expected him to outscore the opposition for us to win. He shouldered alot of responsibility, he was literally expected to win games for us by himself at times.

QB's that manage the games are the ones that go to the Super Bowl. Hope you notice that little fact. Expecting to outscore the opposition every week is not going to you far in the playoffs either.

Yes, football managers are the ones that win SBs. I agree with that. Im a fan of old school football and prefer running the ball 70% of the time etc and a punishing defense. But thats not the only way to win SBs. Joe Montana won a bunch of them and he wasn't a game manager. And how can you pass judgement on whos the best qb from that draft class only after 2 seasons? Thats pretty dumb.

Number 10
08-03-2006, 12:01 PM
To make this question easier to answer.....I would take Peyton on the Giants for the 2006 season over Eli and not even think twice about it. Eli has a shot to be great, but he isn't at Peyton's level yet.

eacantdraft
08-03-2006, 12:57 PM

Yes, football managers are the ones that win SBs. I agree with that. Im a fan of old school football and prefer running the ball 70% of the time etc and a punishing defense. But thats not the only way to win SBs. Joe Montana won a bunch of them and he wasn't a game manager. And how can you pass judgement on whos the best qb from that draft class only after 2 seasons? Thats pretty dumb.

And that was 15 to 25 years ago. Also Joe Montana threw short high% passes, Eli and the Giants don't. I will take the QB in 2004 who has better mobility, throws better on the run, has better arm strength (hint, it's the one with the Super Bowl ring).

bigbluedefense
08-03-2006, 01:34 PM

And that was 15 to 25 years ago. Also Joe Montana threw short high% passes, Eli and the Giants don't. I will take the QB in 2004 who has better mobility, throws better on the run, has better arm strength (hint, it's the one with the Super Bowl ring).

If I remember correctly Kurt Warner won a SB with a high powered vertical pass game didn't he? Yeah...

And if youre talking about mobility, Eli Manning has better footwork in the pocket. You don't need to scramble, you just need to buy time in the pocket with subtle body shifting. Ask Tom Brady, he'll tell you all about it. And in terms of arm strength, their arms are very comparable, Eli can launch it too, his poor mechanics in the 2nd half of the season led to some poor throws, but if you watch tape of the first half, he threw the deep ball with the best of them.

Youre obviously here just to cause trouble. Do some homework before you make inaccurate statements.

M.O.T.H.
08-03-2006, 01:46 PM
Are you trying to compare Eli to Warner? Kurt Warner is an incredibly accrurate passer and well Eli is not.

bigbluedefense
08-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Are you trying to compare Eli to Warner? Kurt Warner is an incredibly accrurate passer and well Eli is not.

Eli will not have accuracy issues this year. And thats besides the point, I was just giving an example of how having a high powered vertical pass game can result in SB trophies.

M.O.T.H.
08-03-2006, 01:51 PM

Eli will not have accuracy issues this year. And thats besides the point, I was just giving an example of how having a high powered vertical pass game can result in SB trophies.

I'll believe it when I see it.

eacantdraft
08-03-2006, 01:53 PM

If I remember correctly Kurt Warner won a SB with a high powered vertical pass game didn't he? Yeah...

Youre obviously here just to cause trouble. Do some homework before you make inaccurate statements.

You heard of the saying "Exception to the Rule"? That was the Rams. And even Warner didn't lead the league in passing yards then. Notice how no other team with a high powered vertical passing game has won a Super Bowl since? We are talking 6 seasons here.

The Rams were like the 2002 California/Anaheim/ LA Angels. A fluke that an offensive team won the championship game in their sport.

Jughead10
08-03-2006, 01:54 PM

I'll believe it when I see it.

Like I'll believe Drew Bledsoe staying on his feet for more than half the game when I see it. :lol:

eacantdraft
08-28-2006, 08:40 AM
And of course the Eli of the 2nd half of the 2005 season will show up a few times, just as he did this past Friday.

Eli still has a long way to go before he close to Peyton. He will never equal Peyton is his prime. Of course Peyton plays in a dome while Eli gets to play in ugly northeast weather.

And to the person who said the Rams won the Super Bowl with a deep vertical passing game. They won it in a dome, just as most of their regular season games were in a dome

SeanTaylorRIP
08-28-2006, 08:48 AM
13 votes for Eli, must be all Giants fans, no one in their right mind would choose Eli, Peyton is the top quarterback in the NFL, Eli barely cracks top 10.

eacantdraft
08-28-2006, 09:29 AM
13 votes for Eli, must be all Giants fans, no one in their right mind would choose Eli, Peyton is the top quarterback in the NFL, Eli barely cracks top 10.

Can't tell that to the Giant homers and Eli fangirls.

Number 10
08-28-2006, 10:48 AM
Do you guys think Eli has a shot at winning a Super Bowl before Peyton?

SeanTaylorRIP
08-28-2006, 10:50 AM

They both have equal chances but if I were to choose for the next 3 years I would go with the Colts, but still answering the Question Peyton is much much better.

Number 10
08-28-2006, 11:00 AM

They both have equal chances but if I were to choose for the next 3 years I would go with the Colts, but still answering the Question Peyton is much much better.

Agreed.

Number 10
08-28-2006, 11:05 AM

As long as he improves on a yearly basis, I will always look to "next year". I would say that at the end of the 2007 season, I could give more of a real evaluation on Eli as an NFL QB.

bigbluedefense
08-28-2006, 11:32 AM
The Eli Manning debate is old and tiring. The kid was in his 2nd year, and we are comparing him to Peyton Manning...what a joke. Have we not forgotten that he's only played 2 seasons, and 1 as a full time starter? How can you possibly make a career evaluation of him after 2 years?

Talk to me about it after year 4, then we can make accurate declarations about Eli Manning. Until then, treat him the same as all other qbs. If we all sit here and are willing to give Carr some more years to prove himself, how can we write off Eli Manning after 2 seasons? Thats just dumb.

Number 10
08-28-2006, 11:38 AM
The Eli Manning debate is old and tiring. The kid was in his 2nd year, and we are comparing him to Peyton Manning...what a joke. Have we not forgotten that he's only played 2 seasons, and 1 as a full time starter? How can you possibly make a career evaluation of him after 2 years?

Talk to me about it after year 4, then we can make accurate declarations about Eli Manning. Until then, treat him the same as all other qbs. If we all sit here and are willing to give Carr some more years to prove himself, how can we write off Eli Manning after 2 seasons? Thats just dumb.

What do you expect? So many people hate New York sports for no reason and so many people hate Eli Manning for what he did at the draft. They know it is insane to throw Eli's name into a discussion about Peyton, but they get a thrill out of saying that Eli isn't as good or Eli isn't even close.

frogstomp
08-28-2006, 11:45 AM

What do you expect? So many people hate New York sports for no reason and so many people hate Eli Manning for what he did at the draft. They know it is insane to throw Eli's name into a discussion about Peyton, but they get a thrill out of saying that Eli isn't as good or Eli isn't even close.

It was actually a New York fan that started this.

Vikes99ej
08-28-2006, 11:51 AM
This is the dumbest question I have ever heard in my life.

eacantdraft
08-28-2006, 12:06 PM

It's the homerism and arrogance that prevades all New York sports that make people hate New York sports. I'm embarrassed by the amount of homers in NY sports. People who think the Knicks are going to the NBA finals when everyone else knows there are about the worst team in the NBA.

Eli spoiled kid act two years ago was not going to win him fans either. And then you have the Giant homers who go around stating Eli is a top 5 QB in the league.

The Giants homers are our own worst enemy.

Number 10
08-28-2006, 01:15 PM

It's the homerism and arrogance that prevades all New York sports that make people hate New York sports. I'm embarrassed by the amount of homers in NY sports. People who think the Knicks are going to the NBA finals when everyone else knows there are about the worst team in the NBA.

Eli spoiled kid act two years ago was not going to win him fans either. And then you have the Giant homers who go around stating Eli is a top 5 QB in the league.

The Giants homers are our own worst enemy.

Again.....can you please show me where Giants fan consider Eli a top 5 QB?

And every team has it's outrageous homers, but the NY fans in all sports are exploited simply because there are more NY fans than any other city. A lot of that has to do with population by the way. Not a hard concept to pick up on.

TimD
08-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Ok, before us Giants fans get a bad rap, let me try to clear it up. No, Eli will not have a better statistical year than Peyton. Can he have a better year though in terms of wins/losses, yeah thats possible.

But I do expect him to have a break out year. He'll make the Carson Palmer 3rd year leap. Will he be an MVP...I don't know. The homer in me says its possible, but I'll stay neutral for now and say no.

But a 60 %, 30 TD season isn't out of question for Eli. He will make the leap this year no doubt.

And to MOTH...you do realize Plax dropped his fair share of balls too don't you? And Eli only had accuracy issues in the 2nd half of the season, when he got worn out and fell into bad tendencies.

ahhh one of the only Giants' fans that isnt a homer makes another good point....