PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State's Ginn piques Rams' interest... or is it all smoke?

NGSeiler
04-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Link (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/EEFA8AFCB3BD75E0862572BB0010A0DF?OpenDocument)

The article brings up a very interesting point. As the draft approached last year, the first round talk related to the Rams really began to start turning towards Jay Cutler. In the end, the Rams had a chance at Cutler but traded down and went defense in Tye Hill.

So what do you think? Is Linehan tossing the smoke grenades with a little more than two weeks left before the draft? Or is the interest in Ginn legit and he's a real target for us at pick #13?

freebirdsrams02
04-15-2007, 03:15 PM
The only thing I can say is we will find out in two weeks.

nfrillman
04-15-2007, 11:33 PM
Personally I have to think that this is a smokescreen. Many people are of the opinion that Ginn will wind up being a pretty good number 2 WR with no real shot at being a legitimate number 1 WR. I really don't like the idea of taking WR's in the first round in general, but especially once you reach that range from about 10 on. Most guys chosen after that end up as random number 2 WR's around the league. Top flight WR's in the NFL are usually chosen in the top 10 and the other top flight guys are guys that come out of the later rounds that nobody was real high on in the draft. I guess mostly I'm not a fan of those quick smallish college WR's. Not so much height, but under 5'10" is getting a tad shorter. It's mostly just how powerful they are for their size or if they have good height, i.e.- Steve Smith (Panther's one) is short but very strong and has leaping ability to make up for height; and Boldin, Fitzgerald, etc are very tall with break tackle ability.

keylime_5
04-16-2007, 07:00 PM
I think you guys will really consider Teddy at #13, but in the end if Carriker, Okoye, or Anderson is still available you'll probably take one of those 3. I think Revis is a real possibility. Having Ginn and Holt on offense would really murder opposing secondaries though.

Rams24
04-17-2007, 10:02 AM
having bulger, holt, bruce, bennett, jackson, and mcmichael with klop is goin to be enough to murder opposing secondaries. its time to start taking top defensive guys like anderson and then trading for kris jenkins

freebirdsrams02
04-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Big article on the Rams homepage today about Ginn, so there is a big fire burning under Ginn's name in St. Louis. So we will have to wait to see what happens.