PDA

View Full Version : Article on Darnell Bing...

Komp
04-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Not sure if anyone has seen this or not....Darnell Bing talking about his offseason and his upcoming rookie year. He's 6'2 230 [!!!!!] now...lol....I personally can't wait to see him out there. He hit like a truck in college, now he has an extra 20+ lbs to add to the pain train.

http://www.raiders.com/Common/Article.aspx?id=18434

remix 6
04-15-2007, 01:53 PM
hes 6"2 230..he was 6"2 225-228 coming into NFL lol..

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-15-2007, 01:54 PM
I hope he can be a good starter at the LB position.If all goes well with this draft our Run D could have solved its problems and we could easily have a top 3 defense.

RaiderNation
04-15-2007, 02:41 PM
hopefully he can do well with morrison and thomas. we would be set for a couple years with that LB crew

Komp
04-15-2007, 06:06 PM
hes 6"2 230..he was 6"2 225-228 coming into NFL lol..

There was no way he was 225 in college...

UPDATE - I just checked, he was 220 as a senior.....the thing with Darnell is that he is a mean, nasty and ripped 230. Not much fat on that man....

portermvp84
04-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Is there a good chance he will start next season?

Komp
04-15-2007, 10:24 PM
I'd say he's in the mix for the other OLB across from Howard....depends if he can beat out Sam Williams or not. We will have to see how he handles blockers, NFL RB's etc....

bernbabybern820
04-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Robert Thomas outplayed Sam Williams by a lot.

goonie61
04-15-2007, 11:11 PM
This is a little off topic but, it is amazing me that the Raiders lose so much since your defense is so good, the Raiders were ranked very high statistically last season in defense. You would imagine that you could win some games with pure D. What is also amazing is that all of your defensive players are virtually unknowns (people dont really know about Derrick Burgess, Kirk Morrison, Thomas Howard), except for Warren Sapp. Do you guys think the Raiders will soon turn into a team like the Baltimore Ravens, or the old Bucs team, with a dominating defense but no offense?

Xonraider
04-15-2007, 11:22 PM
This is a little off topic but, it is amazing me that the Raiders lose so much since your defense is so good, the Raiders were ranked very high statistically last season in defense. You would imagine that you could win some games with pure D. What is also amazing is that all of your defensive players are virtually unknowns (people dont really know about Derrick Burgess, Kirk Morrison, Thomas Howard), except for Warren Sapp. Do you guys think the Raiders will soon turn into a team like the Baltimore Ravens, or the old Bucs team, with a dominating defense but no offense?

It's not like the old Bucs or Ravens had no offense.

RaiderNation
04-15-2007, 11:38 PM
. You would imagine that you could win some games with pure D.

we did when we played the steelers. has 98 yards of offence, carr ran back a 102 yard int and scrabble ran a 20 something int back

zCaddyz
04-16-2007, 02:51 AM
i forgot yall got bing what u guys think about moving back some and getting quinn

bernbabybern820
04-16-2007, 01:18 PM

Our defensive stats are a tiny bit inflated because in a couple of games teams played vanilla offense and even ran it on 3rd and long 3 straight possessions since they knew we were going to give it right back to them on offense.

TheChampIsHere
04-16-2007, 01:21 PM
I think we can expect to see THomas Howard move to SLB, he has the size to play the position. And Bing we are hoping is the eventual starter at WLB. Bing, Howard and Morrison could be a great LB crew for many years to come. Sam Williams I think is more of a situational player than a 3 down player and Robert Thomas was good last year but I dont think he is the future for us, I like him a lot as a backup though.

portermvp84
04-16-2007, 01:53 PM
I hope Samw Williams doesn't start he really hasn't proven him self, he's been injured or has had medicore seasons. We should either give the starting job to Robert Thomas or Darnell Bing.

skatman
04-16-2007, 01:58 PM
I hope Samw Williams doesn't start he really hasn't proven him self, he's been injured or has had medicore seasons. We should either give the starting job to Robert Thomas or Darnell Bing.

Bing on the left side, at 230 pounds? Asking him to go from a college safety, sit out a year, than start on the strong-side, taking on TE's all game long, is a lot, IMO.

Stash
04-16-2007, 03:49 PM
I don't think we should even be worrying about the LB position. Morrison and Howard will start and the other three (Williams, Bing, Thomas) will probably switch off until one of them rises above the other two.
IMO the problem with the run D (actually wasn't much of a problem, but when your defense is #1 against the pass I guess this is the only area to improve in) was with the DT's, not the LB's. Sapp and Kelly are not exactly run stuffers, hopefully Sands will see more time so he can eat up blockers and let the LB's make big plays.

bernbabybern820
04-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Bing on the left side, at 230 pounds? Asking him to go from a college safety, sit out a year, than start on the strong-side, taking on TE's all game long, is a lot, IMO.

agreed next year all hes probably going to be is a special teams player as well as an lb on obvious pass situations.