PDA

View Full Version : All - NFLDC - LT - Walter Jones

stephenson86
08-03-2006, 05:08 AM
This is too find out who you here aat NFLDC think would be most suited to anchor the line

All LT's have been chosen for either their ability to pass block, run block, pull, handle blitzes

the options are as follows, if you think i have missed someone (i dont think i have) then tell me and if i think ur reason is valid enough i will add them

If a Position has two players on the field (WR, DE, DT, OLB, CB) then the top two players on the poll will be selected, wth the higgher of the two being the #1 and the lower being #2

QB - Tom Brady - New England Patriots (Runner Up - Peyton Manning - Indianapolis Colts)
RB - LaDainian Tomlinson - San Diego Chargers (Runner Up - Larry Johnson - KC Chiefs)
WR1 - Larry Fitzgerald - Arizona Cardinals (Runner Up - Terrel Owens - Dallas Cowboys)
WR2 - Chad Johnson - Cincinnati Bengals (Runner Up - Marvin Harrison - Inidianapolis Colts)
LT - Walter Jones - Seattle Seahawks (Runner Up - Orlando Pace - St Louis Rams)
LG -
C -
RG -
RT -
TE -
DE -
DT -
OLB -
MLB -
CB -
FS -
SS -
FB -
K -
P -

VOTE AWAY

AND PLEASE NO HOMERISM, IF YOU VOTE AGAINST YOUR TEAMS LT IT WONT MEAN YOU GO TO HELL, IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU DONT THINK HE IS THE BEST QB FOR LEADING A TEAM OVER THE OTHERS

P.S. the only way that this can be successful is if you vote, please if you vote here check back when your on too see if a new poll has gone up, all votes are crucial as the more votes there are the more set in stone the voice of the voters will be :D

Thanks,
stephenson86

stephenson86
08-03-2006, 05:11 AM
if needs be ill change this too the sole LT and then do one for the RT, but ill see how it goes, as i can see walter running away with this

ninerfan
08-03-2006, 05:13 AM
if needs be ill change this too the sole LT and then do one for the RT, but ill see how it goes, as i can see walter running away with this

change to left / right

08-03-2006, 05:13 AM
walter jones would/should completely own this poll

stephenson86
08-03-2006, 05:16 AM
HMMMMMM im really bad on RT's so when i do the poll for them i will need a hand in selecting them :wink:

ninerfan
08-03-2006, 05:16 AM

and he will

stephenson86
08-03-2006, 05:17 AM

and he will

although i would want pace there

08-03-2006, 06:13 AM
I think Jones is very slightly ahead of Pace...I think he is better vs. the run.

08-03-2006, 07:34 AM
Orlando Pace is best of this era. Walter Jones is overrated.

Stufazz
08-03-2006, 07:44 AM

Walter Jones is no way over rated! he is a beast

08-03-2006, 07:51 AM

Orlando Pace is a top 5 tackle of all time, Jones anit

Smooth Criminal
08-03-2006, 08:08 AM
I'll take Jones.

Smooth Criminal
08-03-2006, 08:08 AM

Walter Jones is the best tackle in the NFL right now.

Caddy
08-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Walter Jones without a doubt

08-03-2006, 09:25 AM

Walter Jones is the best tackle in the NFL right now.

Orlando Pace is the best tackle in the NFL right now.

The Unseen
08-03-2006, 09:51 AM
Jones...Levi Jones...

jets future
08-03-2006, 09:54 AM
johnathan ogden>walter jones>orlando pace

Jughead10
08-03-2006, 09:55 AM

3 years ago.

Ravens1991
08-03-2006, 10:00 AM

3 years ago.

aint nothin wrong with reminising about the past. But I will vote for Walter Jones.

Jughead10
08-03-2006, 10:16 AM

3 years ago.

aint nothin wrong with reminising about the past. But I will vote for Walter Jones.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that at all. If this was an all time thing, I would be inclined to put Ogden before Jones, but currently I'd have to go with Walter.

Staubach12
08-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Walter Jones.

Ravens1991
08-03-2006, 10:40 AM

3 years ago.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that at all. If this was an all time thing, I would be inclined to put Ogden before Jones, but currently I'd have to go with Walter.

yea same here, I only said that because he had Ogden #1.

pav
08-03-2006, 10:51 AM
I'm going with levi jones over walter jones. Walter Jones isn't that special. Last year Osi Umenyora burned him and sacked hasselback twice in one game.

Ravens1991
08-03-2006, 10:57 AM
I'm going with levi jones over walter jones. Walter Jones isn't that special. Last year Osi Umenyora burned him and sacked hasselback twice in one game.

everybody gets beat once in a while, even the GOAT Munoz gave up a sack, its just a part of the game.

DMWSackMachine
08-03-2006, 11:27 AM
I couldn't resist the homer impulse, so I went with my boy Flozell.

That said, I think that last year Walter played better than Pace or Ogden, but that Pace has had the best career to this point, closely followed by Ogden with Jones a distant third. The one thing I will say, is that Jones seems to be aging much better than Ogden (who seems to be badly declining even though he's not that old) and a little better than Orlando, who doesn't seem to dominate quite as much lately as he did two years ago. But maybe that's just me.

08-03-2006, 12:03 PM
obviously walter but its good to see tarik glenn being nominated

Jensen
08-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Walter Jones no doubt.

Don Vito
08-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Walter Jones is the best and most complete LT in the game.

smittyjs
08-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Walter Jones

XxXdragonXxX
08-03-2006, 01:29 PM

Yeah, Osi is the ONLY guy to get a sack on Walter Jones in the past 2 seasons. There aren't many lineman that have gone a full season without giving up a singe sack like Jones did in 2004...Orlando Pace has never done it, Ogden has never done it, and Levi Jones sure as hell has never done it (In fact the only time he's given up fewer than 8 was last year when he gave up 5.)

P-L
08-03-2006, 03:26 PM

Yeah how many sacks has Jones given up the past two season? Alright, compare that to how many Levi gave up last year.

stephenson86
08-03-2006, 07:21 PM
ok im closing this poll
could i have help with the RT's as i dont know who too put :?

XxXdragonXxX
08-04-2006, 12:00 AM
ok im closing this poll
could i have help with the RT's as i dont know who too put :?

Willie Anderson for sure.

And of course Sean Locklear.

RCAChainGang
08-04-2006, 12:22 AM
I dont know much about lineman but i think Orlando Pace is the best...

cunningham06
08-04-2006, 01:05 AM
I love that Tra (William) Thomas is a choice here, much more that someone voted for him. BTW it wasn't me. He isn't nearly as good as most of the guys on the list.

no love
08-04-2006, 03:23 AM

3 years ago.

I would take Ogden as my right tackle at this point in his career. He is such a dominant run blocker even at this stage that he is a better fit for that road grader position. Plus he is still good enough to own most left ends in the NFL

BTW I nominated Glenn just bc he dosn't get enough credit for the job that he does and if salary cap were ever a consideration he wouldn't cost nearly the cash that those other super-hyped players would get.

Liberi
08-04-2006, 03:40 AM
I would take Ogden as my right tackle at this point in his career. He is such a dominant run blocker even at this stage that he is a better fit for that road grader position. Plus he is still good enough to own most left ends in the NFL

BTW I nominated Glenn just bc he dosn't get enough credit for the job that he does and if salary cap were ever a consideration he wouldn't cost nearly the cash that those other super-hyped players would get.
But with an increase in pure-speed rushers these days, Ogden has become more and more ill-equipped skills wise. Freeney owned him hard. Freeney got owned hard by Pace (and I'm sure Jones could handle him too). Ogden is the first of those three guys to start showing signs that he is heading down the hill now. Give me Jones or Pace over him any day.

This whole Jones > Pace & Ogden thing is kind of annoying, people act as though they've been saying that forever. When in reality, half those people probably jumped on the bandwagon after this season. If I ran a power-blocking scheme, I'd go for Jones. If I ran a zone scheme I'd go with Pace. This season should provide a better comparison between Pace and Jones than last year. We'll see both guys with more equal guys beside them, we'll see them in more similar offenses, we'll see them in more similar blocking schemes.

Basically, Pace edges out Ogden for the best out of the three. Jones edges out Pace for the best 05-06 season.