PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper could be released

Bootland27
04-15-2007, 04:07 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=rotowire-aunteulpepperouldbee&prov=rotowire&type=fantasy

Sounds tempting, but not sure we should get him if he's released.

TheMadLionsFan
04-15-2007, 04:34 PM
If he comes cheap....I don't see a reason why we shouldn't.....as long as he gets a contract where the reward is greater than the risk....

LionSmack
04-15-2007, 04:40 PM
He won't come cheap, he'll take the time to totally rehab his knee and then he will go shopping for a big contract and someone will give it to him

WMD
04-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Let's hope that the Raiders don't try to sign Culpepper.

asmitty45
04-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Id love to have him at a reasonable price.

detroit4life
04-15-2007, 06:57 PM
no no no he was bad before he injured his knee why should he get any better after he rehabs once he gets back he's going to have lost his speed and will be 2 or more years out of the game this guys done theres no reason to bring in the distraction of even having him at back up

Iamcanadian
04-16-2007, 12:17 AM
I really think Culpepper is done and that is the real reason Saban bolted to Alabama. It's always sad when an injury ends a player's career but unfortunately that looks to be the case with Culpepper.

Addict
04-16-2007, 06:40 AM
The return of Culpepper-Moss?

JPLUFF
04-16-2007, 02:25 PM
If we get another QB, we need to get a young guy who can learn the system and will be around for maybe 10 years. Culpepper has yet to prove two things...that he can be successful without Moss and that he can stay healthy. Unless we sign him to a close to base salary, heavily incentive based contract, there's no way we should be looking at him.

detroit4life
04-16-2007, 04:59 PM
even gettin him cheap (which we won't) i still dont want him because he causes a distraction even as a back up. when ever anything goes wrong with our QB everyone wil be calling for Culpepper and IMO he will never be what he was in minnesota with moss.

Xiomera
04-16-2007, 05:20 PM

Yeah, that would be really bad for our hopes of dealing down . . .

J-Hype
04-16-2007, 06:56 PM
even gettin him cheap (which we won't) i still dont want him because he causes a distraction even as a back up. when ever anything goes wrong with our QB everyone wil be calling for Culpepper and IMO he will never be what he was in minnesota with moss.
yeah he wont have moss but he will have roy willams,furry,and maybe calvin johnson