PDA

View Full Version : best Conference

neko4
04-15-2007, 04:07 PM
An age old debate it seems, this became a popular subject in the Mathis/Ginn discousson so I made an official thread for it.
IMO its the SEC...
These guys continue to beat up on eachother and every year theres always one suprise, but teams like Florida and LSU stay on top.
After SEC...
Big 10
ACC
Pac-10
Big 12
Big East
CUSA
WAC
MAC
MWC
Sun Belt

BigJohn98
04-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Every year we hear how "dominant" the SEC will be. Then once the season goes on, it looks like a terrible confrence.

moc182
04-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Every year we hear how "dominant" the SEC will be. Then once the season goes on, it looks like a terrible confrence.

Care to explain that?

neko4
04-15-2007, 04:13 PM

how??? Is it that they had 6 ranked teams, more than any other conference?

1) Florida
3) LSU
9) Auburn
15) Arkansas
23) Georgia
25) Tennessee

Pac-10
4) USC
14) Cal
21) Oregon State

Big 12(Off year IMO)
11) Texas
13) Oklahoma

Big 10
2) tOSU
7) Wisconsin
8) Michigan
24) Penn st

Big East
6) Loovile
10) West VA
12) Rutgers

ACC(Another off year conference)
18) Wake Forest
19) V Tech
20) BC

Mountain West
16) BYU
22) TCU

WAC
5) Boise St

Dcboys94
always has and will be the Pac-10

JC the Savior

What the????

neko4
04-15-2007, 04:14 PM
always has and will be the Pac-10

please explain, just saying means nothing

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-15-2007, 04:18 PM
I'll take the Big Ten.then the SEC.

BigJohn98
04-15-2007, 04:20 PM
how??? Is it that they had 6 ranked teams, more than any other conference?

1) Florida-Best team in the confrence/country, No question
3) LSU- Second best team in the confrence
9) Auburn- Many picked them to go to the National Title. They were an average team
15) Arkansas- McFadden and Jones are their whole offense
23) Georgia- Georgia was terrible last year
25) Tennessee- Another average team

Pac-10
4) USC
14) Cal
21) Oregon State

Big 12(Off year IMO)
11) Texas
13) Oklahoma

Big 10
2) tOSU
7) Wisconsin
8) Michigan
24) Penn st

Big East
6) Loovile
10) West VA
12) Rutgers

ACC(Another off year conference)
18) Wake Forest
19) V Tech
20) BC

Mountain West
16) BYU
22) TCU

WAC
5) Boise St

See above.

neko4
04-15-2007, 04:23 PM
And some how a ranked team is bad? And who cares if they only had two good offensive players, a good team is a good team and teams ranked for a reason. Also the only reason Auburn wasnt in the N'tl champs game is because they lost to Arkansas and UGA...two Conference oppponets. This only backs up what i said about SEC teams beating up on eachother. Only Tennessee and Arkansas were the ranked SEC teams to lose out of conference games.

Also Kentucky, South Carolina and Bama all had bowl bids

sodar21
04-15-2007, 04:27 PM
Last year the SEC was the best. The year before the Big Ten was the best followed by the Big 12. Changes from year to year.

TigerBait45
04-15-2007, 04:28 PM
I can confidently say the SEC. There are only 2 teams in the conference that look like locks to miss bowl games (Mississippi and Mississippi State), and they should both be much improved.

I think the Pac-10 is gonna surprise a lot of people this year, though. USC is the team everyone talks about, but UCLA could just as easily win that conference. Cal is still solid, Oregon State, Oregon, Arizona State and Washington State look like good teams, and Washington is on the rise, as is Arizona. The only real "bad' team in the conference is Stanford.

neko4
04-15-2007, 04:30 PM
I can confidently say the SEC. There are only 2 teams in the conference that look like locks to miss bowl games (Mississippi and Mississippi State), and they should both be much improved.

I think the Pac-10 is gonna surprise a lot of people this year, though. USC is the team everyone talks about, but UCLA could just as easily win that conference. Cal is still solid, Oregon State, Oregon, Arizona State and Washington State look like good teams, and Washington is on the rise, as is Arizona. The only real "bad' team in the conference is Stanford.

I cant definatly see Pac-10 moving to 2nd or possibly 1st in the next few years

Michigan
04-15-2007, 04:52 PM
As I've posted before in countless threads...

1. SEC
2. Big Ten
3a. Pac 10
3b. Big 12
5. ACC
6. Big East
7. MWC
8. CUSA
9. WAC
10. MAC
11. Sun Belt

neko4
04-15-2007, 05:03 PM
As I've posted before in countless threads...

1. SEC
2. Big Ten
3a. Pac 10
3b. Big 12
5. ACC
6. Big East
7. MWC
8. CUSA
9. WAC
10. MAC
11. Sun Belt

I really dont think the Big12 is better than ACC, ACC had a down year but they typically have better teams.

TigerBait45
04-15-2007, 05:09 PM
The ACC will be pretty mediocre next year, I think.

Virginia Tech is head and shoulders above anyone in the conference. After them there isn't much of anyone.

The Big XII looks much stronger. I think Nebraksa, Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M and Missouri all have a shot at winning the conference.

moc182
04-15-2007, 05:23 PM
The ACC will be pretty mediocre next year, I think.

Virginia Tech is head and shoulders above anyone in the conference. After them there isn't much of anyone.

The Big XII looks much stronger. I think Nebraksa, Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M and Missouri all have a shot at winning the conference.

BC is a very, very good team. Miami should be much improved. Clemson and FSU both have a ton of talent. NC State and UNC both brouht in excellent coaches, and might not have immediate results but should be much improved in the near future. Maryland and Georgia Tech have alot of talent, and this isn't even mentioning the conference champion from last year. Outside of Duke any team in the conference could make a bowl.

neko4
04-15-2007, 05:30 PM
BC is a very, very good team. Miami should be much improved. Clemson and FSU both have a ton of talent. NC State and UNC both brouht in excellent coaches, and might not have immediate results but should be much improved in the near future. Maryland and Georgia Tech have alot of talent, and this isn't even mentioning the conference champion from last year. Outside of Duke any team in the conference could make a bowl.

Maryland should have the ACC's top TE and has good depth at RB. Also maryland always fields good D's

moc182
04-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Maryland should have the ACC's top TE and has good depth at RB. Also maryland always fields good D's

NC State has the ACC's, and arguably the country's best tight end.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-15-2007, 06:02 PM
UVA has the ACC won already.

BigJohn98
04-15-2007, 06:04 PM

You sure about that?

neko4
04-15-2007, 06:08 PM

Brahahaha...okay w/e u say

neko4
04-15-2007, 06:09 PM
NC State has the ACC's, and arguably the country's best tight end.
Maryland has the
2nd best TE in the ACC

GB12
04-15-2007, 07:00 PM
And some how a ranked team is bad? And who cares if they only had two good offensive players, a good team is a good team and teams ranked for a reason. Also the only reason Auburn wasnt in the N'tl champs game is because they lost to Arkansas and UGA...two Conference oppponets. This only backs up what i said about SEC teams beating up on eachother. Only Tennessee and Arkansas were the ranked SEC teams to lose out of conference games.

Also Kentucky, South Carolina and Bama all had bowl bids

Exactly they just beat up on each other. Then when they played a good non conference game, which happened to be Big Ten, Wisconsin beats them in the Capital One Bowl.

princefielder28
04-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Exactly they just beat up on each other. Then when they played a good non conference game, which happened to be Big Ten, Wisconsin beats them in the Capital One Bowl.

Thats right baby!

BigJohn98
04-15-2007, 07:13 PM
So the SEC is the only confrence where teams beat up on each other? What's it then when teams in the ACC or Big 12 play each other?

iowatreat54
04-15-2007, 07:36 PM
I'll save everyone the trouble and recap this whole thread before it even gets started...

The SEC and Big 10 will be debated for about 30 pages and ultimately it would seem that the SEC comes out on top with Big10 a close 2nd...this may not be completely accepted but its basically how the argument will end...there will be a handful of others for the ACC and Pac10 respectively, with maybe a few more or less for the Big 12 and Big East depending on who responds...there will be occasional homerism/joking votes for MAC, Mountain West, etc...someone will plug that ND is the greatest because they aren't in a conference...eventually everyone gets pissed or just starts making fun of eachother and possible thread being locked

:D

neko4
04-15-2007, 07:42 PM
I'll save everyone the trouble and recap this whole thread before it even gets started...

The SEC and Big 10 will be debated for about 30 pages and ultimately it would seem that the SEC comes out on top with Big10 a close 2nd...this may not be completely accepted but its basically how the argument will end...there will be a handful of others for the ACC and Pac10 respectively, with maybe a few more or less for the Big 12 and Big East depending on who responds...there will be occasional homerism/joking votes for MAC, Mountain West, etc...someone will plug that ND is the greatest because they aren't in a conference...eventually everyone gets pissed or just starts making fun of eachother and possible thread being locked

Thats about what happend last time

iowatreat54
04-15-2007, 07:44 PM
well I mean I thought we could atleast wait until fall to start this argument again...I was looking forward to an offseason where we didn't have to go through this...

neko4
04-15-2007, 07:50 PM
So the SEC is the only confrence where teams beat up on each other? What's it then when teams in the ACC or Big 12 play each other?

this coming from the guy that argued that Georgia sucks...By beat up on eachother its meant to say that they dont normally loose non-conference games but get bad records because of the confrence play. Look at Vandy this year, 4-8, but 1-7 in the confrence. That means they went 3-1 out of confrence(or OOC as i will now say and IC for in conference)
South Carolina, 8-5 overall, 3-5 in confrence, undefeated OOC
Kentucky 8-5 overall, 4-4 IC, 4-1 OOC
2 out of 3 of Miss St's wins came from OOC opponets
Alabama went 6-7, 2-6 IC, 4-1 OOC
Florida's only loss was IC

neko4
04-15-2007, 07:50 PM
well I mean I thought we could atleast wait until fall to start this argument again...I was looking forward to an offseason where we didn't have to go through this...

it was being debated in a thread about Teddy Ginn, I had to take it out of there

BigJohn98
04-15-2007, 08:35 PM
this coming from the guy that argued that Georgia sucks...

Ok, so how good was Georgia then?

TigerBait45
04-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Good enough to beat Virginia Tech.

neko4
04-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Ok, so how good was Georgia then?

Good enough to be top 25 and their only losses were IC
and to beat GTech
Losses: Tenn, Vandy, Florida and Kentucky

constant cough
04-16-2007, 09:47 AM
There is the SEC then there is everyone else. Not that it matters though I'm a fan of the college game and I'll sit there and watch confrence usa matches if they're good. I watch it all.

terribletowel39
04-16-2007, 10:45 AM
There is the SEC then there is everyone else. Not that it matters though I'm a fan of the college game and I'll sit there and watch confrence usa matches if they're good. I watch it all.

totally agree. there more top 25 teams in the SEC more top 25 defenses. the fastest defenses in the nation are in the SEC. you saw it in the NC game. ohio state did not know what to do with the speed that florida was bringing. while it isn't even close that SEC is the best conference i still will sit and watch LA Tech play Houston St.

neko4
04-16-2007, 10:49 AM
totally agree. there more top 25 teams in the SEC more top 25 defenses. the fastest defenses in the nation are in the SEC. you saw it in the NC game. ohio state did not know what to do with the speed that florida was bringing. while it isn't even close that SEC is the best conference i still will sit and watch LA Tech play Houston St.
I love watching big conference games, but i hate how people automatically reject small school games. In '04 probably one of the funner teams to watch was Hawaii because of Chang and the rest of the offense

terribletowel39
04-16-2007, 10:56 AM
I love watching big conference games, but i hate how people automatically reject small school games. In '04 probably one of the funner teams to watch was Hawaii because of Chang and the rest of the offense

thats no lie. Chang with Nasti Nate and the whole defense plays with such reckless abandon. like a bunch of troy p's on one team. or so everyone doesn't say that i said troy p b/c he is samoan, i will say a bunch of bob sanders on one team.

OhioState
04-16-2007, 11:43 AM
right now it is SEC then Big Ten

Sportsfan486
04-16-2007, 01:27 PM

Quoted for extreme truth.

mad36092
04-23-2007, 09:28 PM
Lately the ACC has been a down conference, with Miami and Florida St. not playing up to their standards. The SEC does have a lot of good teams (LSU, Arkansas, Florida, Auburn), the Big 10 has 3 pretty good teams (Michigan, OSU, Wisconsin), the Big 12 was a little disappointing last year but they still have decent to good teams (Texas, OU, Nebraska), the Pac-10 has an elite in USC and good teams in Cal and Oregon. Either the SEC or Big 10.