PDA

View Full Version : Bucs+Lions Trade

eaglesfan_45
04-15-2007, 07:14 PM
So the lions have the second pick, and they want to trade down and it is well known that the bucs want Calvin Johnson. Well the bucs have 2 second round picks and it would be awesome if the lions switched first round spots with the Bucs and got both second round picks. Even gettting just one more second round pick would be awesome. What do you guys think.

princefielder28
04-15-2007, 07:16 PM
The Lions know that Cleveland won't take Gaines and they'd pick up atleast one more 2nd rounder so I think it would be a good idea for them

JC the Savior
04-15-2007, 07:16 PM
It would work and the Lions could nab Gaines Adams at #4 but it will be a draft day trade since Oakland has shown interest in Calvin Johnson.

WMD
04-15-2007, 07:27 PM
It would benefit the Lions a ton if the Raiders could sign their #1 pick before the draft.. as early as possible..

Caddy
04-15-2007, 07:32 PM
I would rather keep 2 2nd rounders and not draft CJ than lose them and draft him. I am hoping the Bucs feel this way too. They have so many wholes to fill and CJ wouldn't be able to do it on his own.

asmitty45
04-15-2007, 07:39 PM
We need as many picks as possible, and there are plenty of offers on the table so theyll coem out on top.

eaglesfan_45
04-15-2007, 08:26 PM
On the trade value chart the trade is almost exactly even, but in order to get it as even as possible the lions would have to give up a 6th rounder. The deal would be a good deal for both sides; the Bucs get their guy in Calvin Johnson and the lions get the depth they need. The deal could go through but I don't think Matt Millen will be smart enough to try and pull it off, heck he'll probobly draft Calvin Johnson. What trades would you guys like to get pulled off?

eaglesfan_45
04-15-2007, 09:08 PM
What if the raiders switch first round spots with the bucs and then get both second rounders. One of the top qaurter backs would fall to them at #4 and then with all 3 second rounders they could draft o-line men to protect them.

Rd.1 Pc.4-Brady Quinn
Rd.2 Pc.1-Justin Blalock
Rd.2 Pc.4-Tony Ugoh
Rd.2 Pc.32-Ryan.Harris
Rd.3 Pc.1-Samson Satele

QB problem solved
OL problem solved

detroit4life
04-15-2007, 09:50 PM
why do u say one of the QBs will fall if we get stuck at #2 with no CJ and no trade down we may take a QB and cleveland will take one too so the raiders won't be taking that chance and noone will be trading for #1 IMO

Caddy
04-15-2007, 09:53 PM
On the trade value chart the trade is almost exactly even, but in order to get it as even as possible the lions would have to give up a 6th rounder. The deal would be a good deal for both sides; the Bucs get their guy in Calvin Johnson and the lions get the depth they need. The deal could go through but I don't think Matt Millen will be smart enough to try and pull it off, heck he'll probobly draft Calvin Johnson. What trades would you guys like to get pulled off?

The deal wouldn't be good for the Bucs at all. The Bucs would set themselves back even further and really need a youth infusion on defense. They won't trade up at the expense of the defense just to get CJ.

detroit4life
04-16-2007, 08:00 AM
i doubt the lions could get both 2nd round picks but if they offered one of them and maybe something else the lions would probably still do it

Thomas7399
04-16-2007, 10:30 AM
The deal wouldn't be good for the Bucs at all. The Bucs would set themselves back even further and really need a youth infusion on defense. They won't trade up at the expense of the defense just to get CJ.

I'll agree with this......not having CJ wont lose you games (although him on the other sidelines might lose you games ;) but not having a D will lose you games.

Notredameleo
04-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Im not opposed to this trade, obviously!!

TRJ997
04-16-2007, 12:51 PM
TB isn't giving up both 2nd rounders, but obviously the Lions would jump all over this deal. I'm pretty sure they will take any trade that offers them fair value according to the chart for the #2 pick.

iloxygenil
04-16-2007, 12:53 PM
I just don't see anyone giving up 2 2nd rounders to move up to #2 overall, I think the Lions are just dreaming there. Even Atlanta from #8 shouldn't give up 2 2nd rounders to get up for CJ. It's just not a good value.

reinar
04-21-2007, 04:47 AM
i think that many people believe that there are only so many "elite" players, and Atl isnt in the spot to get one of them, so perhaps, to give vick that go to threat, I could see Cj being a target, and why not, who else you going to get at #8 for ATL that they need?

Addict
04-21-2007, 06:24 AM
i think that many people believe that there are only so many "elite" players, and Atl isnt in the spot to get one of them, so perhaps, to give vick that go to threat, I could see Cj being a target, and why not, who else you going to get at #8 for ATL that they need?

landry? peterson?

WMD
04-21-2007, 01:57 PM
landry? peterson?

Well that's just foolish!;)

DrEvil63
04-22-2007, 01:25 PM
I saw a rumor of #2 for #4 and Simeon Rice..

woodnick
04-22-2007, 02:36 PM
I saw a rumor of #2 for #4 and Simeon Rice..

I'd say that would be last resort if we can't get any other offer with better value, Rice is getting pretty old.

detroit4life
04-22-2007, 02:53 PM
not only that he has a 7 million dollar salary and the bucs are going to cut him anyway we wouldnt have time to restructure his contract in the 15 mins we would have. So i actually doubt we make that deal its terrible for us