PDA

View Full Version : Round 1

chrlopez1
04-15-2007, 11:17 PM
13 Days to go and this week is going to fly by..............my first round prediction is:

Meachem
Jarrett
Merriweather

thule
04-16-2007, 12:51 AM
After seeing our FO come out and really talk about character I'd be really surprised to see Meriweather or Jarret in big D.

Dcboys94
04-19-2007, 11:36 PM
jarrett has never been arrested, and has a good work ethic...minor character issues he is just your typical WR...jaws all day, but most...MOST...of the good ones do...ex. Keyshawn, ocho cinco, TO, Moss, Plaxico...its containable, its not like he gets arrested like pac-man, or henry, he doesnt cause team detrimental...he's a baller!

Go Cowboys
04-20-2007, 12:14 PM
And the fact that Merriwether has character problem is wrong. The only thing I have ever heard of him doing is the fight in which the whole team and the whole other team were in. So why doesn't that drop Greg Olsen and Jon Beason too? How about the other guys who were in the fight? You can't say a guy has character issues because he was in a fight. Just because he was caught stomping on a guy that gives him character problems? Come on at least he didn't pull out a gun then that would be character problems.

M.O.T.H.
04-20-2007, 12:23 PM
And the fact that Merriwether has character problem is wrong. The only thing I have ever heard of him doing is the fight in which the whole team and the whole other team were in. So why doesn't that drop Greg Olsen and Jon Beason too? How about the other guys who were in the fight? You can't say a guy has character issues because he was in a fight. Just because he was caught stomping on a guy that gives him character problems? Come on at least he didn't pull out a gun then that would be character problems.

The whole deal with Meriweather....

1. Initiated fight against FIU (stomping on an opposing player)
2. Played key role in LSU/Miami brawl in 2005
3. Gun incident (fired three shots after friend had been shot)

I always disregard #3... he used his gun legally in an obvious self defense case. (Hurt his stock initially but, seems to be a non-issue now.)

For the record... Meriweather swears he no longer owns a gun.

I see him as a late 1st rounder.

leroyisgod
04-20-2007, 12:25 PM
The whole deal with Meriweather....

1. Initiated fight against FIU (stomping on an opposing player)
2. Played key role in LSU/Miami brawl in 2005
3. Gun incident (fired three shots after friend had been shot)

I always disregard #3... he used his gun legally in an obvious self defense case. (Hurt his stock initially but, seems to be a non-issue now.)

For the record... Meriweather swears he no longer owns a gun.

I see him as a late 1st rounder.

I think Meriweather is an early to mid 2nd round pick. He's a first round talent though.

thule
04-20-2007, 06:04 PM
It'll be interesting to see if Meriweather and Griffin make it into the first round.