PDA

View Full Version : Three Round Mock - No Trades

daullaz
04-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Insightful analysis is appreciated. Thanks for your time.

1. OAK - WR Calvin Johnson. Number one talent in the draft. Oakland should trade away Randy Moss and trade for Josh McCown with the next few weeks.

2. DET - QB JaMarcus Russell. I've had the Lions taking Gaines Adams for a long time, but with Russell falling past Oakland, Detroit decides to gamble on him.

3. CLE - QB Brady Quinn. If you don't have a franchise QB and you get the opportunity to draft one, do it. Charlie Frye is O.K., but Quinn has much more upside.

4. TB - DE Gaines Adams. Probably the best defensive prospect this year. I don't think he'll slip out of the top five.

5. ARI - OT Joe Thomas. If he is here, this pick is a virtual lock. Arizona needs a franchise tackle more than anything else.

6. WAS - DE Jamaal Anderson. The Redskins need to upgrade the defensive line with this pick. If Adams is off the board, they turn to Anderson.

7. MIN - S LaRon Landry. This is as far as most people are willing to let AD slip. Minnesota need a playmaker like Landry in their secondary much more.

8. ATL - RB Adrian Peterson. Surprised? Atlanta will probably focus on adding Landry or Petrino-product Amobi Okoye, but with Dunn close to the end, this could happen.

9. MIA - DT Amobi Okoye. Okoye is going to be a star for a long time, and he's just the type of young talent Miami needs in their front seven.

10. HOU - OT Levi Brown. The Texans and Cardinals could be the two teams with the biggest need for a franchise tackle. It's fitting that both land theirs in the first ten picks.

11. SF - DT Alan Branch. Will he play tackle or end in San Francisco's 3-4? Don't worry; he's talented enough to play either.

12. BUF - ILB Patrick Willis. After losing London Fletcher and Takeo Spikes, the Bills can't afford to use this pick on a RB.

13. STL - DE Adam Carriker. Carriker's journey up the draft boards lands him in the top half of the first round.

14. CAR - TE Greg Olsen. Olsen and Reggie Nelson should be pretty closely rated on the Panthers' board. I'll give the slight edge to Olsen.

15. PIT - CB Leon Hall. Hall could go as high as the top six or eight picks, so getting him at 15 would be a good value for the Steelers.

16. GB - RB Marshawn Lynch. If the Packers really do trade for Randy Moss, pairing him and Lynch might be trouble. Could be better to just take Ted Ginn here.

17. JAC - S Reggie Nelson. This is almost as much of a lock as the Cardinals' Thomas pick. If Nelson is on the board, the Jaguars should pounce.

18. CIN - OLB Jon Beason. If you are the head of the scouting department of the Bengals, you should probably spend 90% of your budget on defensive prospects.

19 - TEN - CB Chris Houston. The Titans came into the offseason needing a CB. With Pacman suspended, now they need two. Houston or Aaron Ross should be targeted.

20. NYG - OLB Lawrence Timmons. Sure, the Giants could pick Lynch here, but then what would you do with Reuben Droughns?

21. DEN - DE Jarvis Moss. If the Browns cut another DE before Draft Day, this pick could change.

22. DAL - CB Darrell Revis. Very talented DB that could easily go in the top-half of the round. Dallas is lucky to get him here.

23. KC - WR Dwayne Jarrett. Eddie Kennison will have to hang up the cleats sooner or later, and right now the Chiefs are looking at Samie Parker and Jeff Webb as the future.

24. NE - OT Joe Staley. The strength of the Patriot offense in their Super Bowl years was the O-Line, and Staley is another piece to add to the unit to build depth.

25. NYJ - CB Aaron Ross. Early mocks had the Jets fans salivating over Lynch, but with Thomas Jones in the fold they turn their attention to upgrading at cornerback.

26. PHI - WR Ted Ginn Jr. Kevin Curtis was a great addition, but the Eagles need at least one more talented WR to add to the receiving corps.

27. NO - OLB Paul Pozluzny. The Saints have bigger needs, and this pick should be a cornerback. Poz is a much better player than what's left at CB though.

28. NE - S Michael Griffin. New England would like to bring in a top young ILB, but after Willis there really isn't much. Griffin on the other hand is a nice apprentice to Rodney Harrison.

29. BAL - OLB Justin Durant. The loss of Adalius Thomas saps up a lot of the depth the Ravens had at LB. Durant could come in and compete for a starting job.

30. SD - WR Robert Meachem. Meachem probably did enough this offseason to get him drafted ten spots higher than this. Could easily go to the Titans or Chiefs.

31. CHI - OG Ben Grubbs. The Bears would love to trade up and get in a position to get either Beason or Timmons. Don't be surprised if they do.

32. IND - DT Justin Harrell. The Super Bowl champs aren't without flaws. They definitely need to add impact players up the middle to improve their rush defense.

33. OAK - RB Brian Leonard
34. DET - DE Charles Johnson
35. TB - WR Dwayne Bowe
36. CLE - CB Marcus McCauley
37. CHI - RB Kenny Irons
38. ARI - DE Anthony Spencer
39. ATL - S Brandon Meriweather
40. MIA - OG Justin Blalock

41. MIN - WR Sidney Rice
42. SF - WR Anthony Gonzalez
43. BUF - RB Michael Bush
44. ATL - DE Tim Crowder
45. CAR - OT Tony Ugoh
46. PIT - C Ryan Kalil
47. GB - WR Steve Smith
48. JAC - QB Trent Edwards

49. CIN - CB Eric Wright
50. TEN - WR Craig Davis
51. NYG - CB Tanard Jackson
52. STL - OT Arron Sears
53. DAL - DT DeMarcus Tyler
54. KC - CB Daymeion Hughes
55. SEA - TE Ben Petrick
56. DEN - ILB David Harris

57. PHI - S Eric Weddle
58. NO - TE Zach Miller
59. NYJ - DE Victor Abiamiri
60. MIA - QB Drew Stanton
61. BAL - OT Ryan Harris
62. SD - DT Turk McBride
63. NYJ - OT James Marten
64. TB - DT Marcus Thomas

65. OAK - QB Troy Smith
66. DET - ILB Brandon Siler
67. CLE - DE Lamarr Woodley
68. TB - S Aaron Rouse
69. ARI - OLB Rufus Alexander
70. DEN - CB Josh Wilson
71. MIA - DE Ray McDonald
72. MIN - DE Quentin Moses

73. HOU - WR Jason Hill
74. BUF - CB Jonathan Wade
75. ATL - K Mason Crosby
76. SF - DE Ikaika Alama-Francis
77. PIT - DE Brian Robison
78. GB - OG Marshal Yanda
79. JAC - DE Dan Bazuin
80. TEN - DT Quinn Pitcock

81. NYG - WR Aundrae Allison
82. STL - C Samson Satele
83. CAR - S Josh Gattis
84. KC - OT Doug Free
85. SEA - OG Josh Beekman
86. DEN - DT Ryan McBean
87. DAL - WR Johnnie Lee Higgins
88. NO - CB Michael Coe

89. NYJ - TE Matt Spaeth
90. PHI - RB Tony Hunt
91. NE - ILB H.B. Blades
92. BUF - OLB Stewart Bradley
93. SD - S Sabby Piscitelli
94. CHI - DT Brandon MeBane
95. IND - OLB Quincy Black
96. SD - ILB Anthony Waters
97. SF - CB Fred Bennett
98. IND - WR Courtney Taylor
99. OAK - DT Paul Soliai

T-RICH49
04-15-2007, 11:58 PM
like KC's draft

neko4
04-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Terrible Green Bay draft! Lynch is good, but did you see last year's draft when we took 3 O-linemen and all 3 had starts and improved over the course of the year? Sorry if that sounded rude but ive read 3 mocks today giving Green Bay an O-lineman day 1...its ridiculous. Also TE is a much bigger need than #3 WR so Patrick or Miller maybe better choices in the 2nd than a guy that wont start for us this year

KCJ58
04-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Solid Rams Pick

Crazy_Chris
04-16-2007, 12:06 AM
i would be very happy if the vikings came out of the first three rounds with those three but i think with the doss signing they will chose to go with the BPA which would be Adrian Peterson.... but still i like it good job

Caddy
04-16-2007, 12:16 AM
Dwayne Bowe and Marcus Thomas are poor picks for the Bucs, please explain them.

RaiderNation
04-16-2007, 12:33 AM
1st GREAT

2nd bad,trent Edwards or Kalil

3rdA HORRIBLE, troy smith isnt a 3rd rounder, give us Woodly or Ikaika Alama-Francis

3rdB good, i think we should go oline here if we dont in the 2nd, if we do keep it the same

GermanSaint
04-16-2007, 04:42 AM
dont like the talent and the value for the saints overall

JPF
04-16-2007, 07:33 AM
Don't see much way possible the Panthers would pass on Weddle in the 2nd with only one starting caliber safety on the roster.

LitoSheppard
04-16-2007, 07:36 AM
LMFAO!ROFL!LOL!ROFLZOPTER!LMAOOOOO!LOL!OMG!AHAHAHH AHAHAHAHAHH!"

.....Worst Eagles draft EVER!
You Win The Award! Congratulations!

hugegmenfan
04-16-2007, 08:06 AM
ok giants draft
tarnard jackson is going to wind up playing safety in the pros so give us either daymeion hughes or josh wilson 2nd round

matts22
04-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Great Chiefs draft...I would have preferred Mebane in the 3rd, but I can live with Free...

Go_Eagles77
04-16-2007, 07:02 PM
WR isn't a 1st round need, the 2nd and 3rd rounds are good.

asmitty45
04-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Dont like JRussel in the first but Johnson and Siler are solid picks

princefielder28
04-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Steve Smith isn't a good 2nd round pick and Green Bay won't spend a Day 1 pick on their O-Line

Bengals1690
04-16-2007, 07:11 PM
why would the bengals pick beason with two great corners left and two better OLB's left?\

we wont take Wright, character concerns.

i give it a d.

jackalope
04-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Good first round pick, definitely don't change it to Ginn. Second round is alright. 3rd round is terrible. We have no need for a guard.

49erfaithful
04-16-2007, 07:41 PM
good SF mock, even though i would prefer Carriker. And we need an ILB to be taken on day one

PalmerToCJ
04-16-2007, 08:13 PM
I would love that draft going down but Wright is a no-no for us given his off field stuff. Unfortunate too because he'd be a great fit. Josh Wilson or Fred Bennett instead I would think.

fenikz
04-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Give the Cardinals Meriweather in the 2nd(although there is no chance he falls to them)

but good job overall

DaBears0530
04-16-2007, 09:30 PM
give the bears Dwayne Bowe with the 31st Zach miller with the 37th pick and with the 94th give us quincy black OLB. than I'll love the mock!

Bengals1690
04-16-2007, 09:44 PM
LMFAO!ROFL!LOL!ROFLZOPTER!LMAOOOOO!LOL!OMG!AHAHAHH AHAHAHAHAHH!"

.....Worst Eagles draft EVER!

.....Worst Post EVER!

Jensen
04-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Solid Cardinals draft.

aNYtitan
04-16-2007, 10:42 PM
I got to say I am disappointed with the way the Titans draft turned out. IN the first round, Jarvis Moss is a reach and I don't think is the answer at DE for the Titans. Give us Robert Meachem or Ted Ginn, both viable #1 recievers. In the second, give us Lamar Woodley or Ray McDonald. Great pick in the third though

bored of education
04-16-2007, 11:09 PM
like KC's draft

ME 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finsfan79
04-17-2007, 08:25 AM
9. MIA - DT Amobi Okoye. Okoye is going to be a star for a long time, and he's just the type of young talent Miami needs in their front seven.

Appears to be BPA, I have no problem with the pick

40. MIA - OG Justin Blalock

Solid pick and all, kalil or rice would be better

60. MIA - QB Drew Stanton

Solid pick

71. MIA - DE Ray McDonald

Interesting pick not a need specially with Okoye already picked for a DE spot