PDA

View Full Version : All - NFLDC TE - Antonio Gates

stephenson86
08-05-2006, 02:55 PM
This is too find out who you here aat NFLDC think would be most suited to block and recieve

All TE's have been chosen for either their ability to pass block, run block, catch

the options are as follows, if you think i have missed someone (i dont think i have) then tell me and if i think ur reason is valid enough i will add them

If a Position has two players on the field (WR, DE, DT, OLB, CB) then the top two players on the poll will be selected, wth the higgher of the two being the #1 and the lower being #2

QB - Tom Brady - New England Patriots (Runner Up - Peyton Manning - Indianapolis Colts)
RB - LaDainian Tomlinson - San Diego Chargers (Runner Up - Larry Johnson - KC Chiefs)
WR1 - Larry Fitzgerald - Arizona Cardinals (Runner Up - Terrel Owens - Dallas Cowboys)
WR2 - Chad Johnson - Cincinnati Bengals (Runner Up - Marvin Harrison - Inidianapolis Colts)
LT - Walter Jones - Seattle Seahawks (Runner Up - Orlando Pace - St Louis Rams)
LG - Steve Hutchinson - Minnesota Vikings (Runner Up - Larry Allen - Dallas Cowboys)
C - Olin Kreutz - Chicago Bears (Runner Up - LeCharles Bentley - Cleveland Browns)
RG - Will Shields - KC Chiefs (Runner Up - Chris Naeole - Jacksonville Jaguars)
RT - Willie Anderson - Cincinnati Bengals (Runner Up - George Foster - Denver Broncos)
TE -
DE -
DT -
OLB -
MLB -
CB -
FS -
SS -
FB -
K -
P -

VOTE AWAY

AND PLEASE NO HOMERISM, IF YOU VOTE AGAINST YOUR TEAMS TE IT WONT MEAN YOU GO TO HELL, IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU DONT THINK HE IS THE BEST TE

P.S. the only way that this can be successful is if you vote, please if you vote here check back when your on too see if a new poll has gone up, all votes are crucial as the more votes there are the more set in stone the voice of the voters will be :D

Thanks,
stephenson86

cgf
08-05-2006, 02:58 PM
AND PLEASE NO HOMERISM, IF YOU VOTE AGAINST YOUR TEAMS TE IT WONT MEAN YOU GO TO HELL, IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU DONT THINK HE IS THE BEST QB FOR LEADING A TEAM OVER THE OTHER

i love shockey but there are better QBs out there.

frogstomp
08-05-2006, 03:01 PM
AND PLEASE NO HOMERISM, IF YOU VOTE AGAINST YOUR TEAMS TE IT WONT MEAN YOU GO TO HELL, IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU DONT THINK HE IS THE BEST QB FOR LEADING A TEAM OVER THE OTHER

Did you get banned again? Or something?

Shane P. Hallam
08-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Gates, obviously...

cgf
08-05-2006, 03:04 PM

Did you get banned again? Or something?

Again? That was my first suspension.

cgf
08-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Gates, obviously...

Why obviously? Gates isn't a great blocker. Isn't very fast, explosive or quick. He's just got an amazing wingspan, great hands and insane hops. Guys like Gonzo, Shockey, Witten and Crumpler are better TEs and would put up better stats if they were used in the same ways as gates.

Paranoidmoonduck
08-05-2006, 03:07 PM
I personally feel that Heap is a better blocker than Gates and much more dangerous reciever than Witten, so I went with him.

Shane P. Hallam
08-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Gates, obviously...

Why obviously? Gates isn't a great blocker. Isn't very fast, explosive or quick. He's just got an amazing wingspan, great hands and insane hops. Guys like Gonzo, Shockey, Witten and Crumpler are better TEs and would put up better stats if they were used in the same ways as gates.

Pfft, Gonzo is a bit past his prime, as is Crumpler, especially after his surgery. Gates brings such a threat that you have to plan for him. His size and speed makes him much better than the rest in terms of ability. It's not like he is a horrible blocker either, he can and has done it.

cunningham06
08-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Gates, he uses his body really well and is a huge guy with good speed. If you don't believe he's the best look at Drew Brees's stats before and after Gates got to San Diago.

Jensen
08-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Antonio Gates.

cgf
08-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Gates, obviously...

Pfft, Gonzo is a bit past his prime, as is Crumpler, especially after his surgery. Gates brings such a threat that you have to plan for him. His size and speed makes him much better than the rest in terms of ability. It's not like he is a horrible blocker either, he can and has done it.

SPEED!? That's just false Gates doesn't have even above average speed.

Easy
08-05-2006, 03:39 PM
If I had to pick one player out of these players, I would pick Antonio Gates. He is a great recieving Tight End. I don't pay any particular attention to Tight End's blocking, so I don't really know who's good at blocking and who's not. Tony Gonzalez is also a really good recieving Tight End, and he would probably be my second choice.

sweetness34
08-05-2006, 03:40 PM
No Desmond Clark? :shock: :lol:

Well the best recieving TE is either Gates or Gonzalez. The most complete...Witten or Heap.

Depends on what you consider the best TE being....

cunningham06
08-05-2006, 03:41 PM
If I had to pick one player out of these players, I would pick Antonio Gates. He is a great recieving Tight End. I don't pay any particular attention to Tight End's blocking, so I don't really know who's good at blocking and who's not. Tony Gonzalez is also a really good recieving Tight End, and he would probably be my second choice.

Blocking is important, but if it were the most important factor in the skill set of a TE, then I guess they would just have 6 offensive linemen.

sweetness34
08-05-2006, 03:54 PM

Blocking is important, but if it were the most important factor in the skill set of a TE, then I guess they would just have 6 offensive linemen.

In a system like ours in Chicago, we need a blocking TE because we run a lot with our TE lined up next to the OT. But in an offense like San Diego's, Gates isn't really required to block much, well at least that's what I've seen from their offense.

08-05-2006, 04:02 PM
I take Crumpler. He is sort of underrated, and just think the amount of work he has to do to always be available for Vick. He is an improving blocker and as good of athlete as the rest of these guys, he just not 6'5.

Two years from now, if not next year, this will be Kellen Winslow HANDS DOWN. (Marcedes Lewis will also be in the mix.)

yourfavestoner
08-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Gonzalez. He's only slightly behind Gates in terms of receiving ability, and because of this, his blocking ability gets really overlooked. He's actually one of the most underrated tight ends when it comes to blocking ability.

08-05-2006, 04:12 PM
i cant believe how terribly you butchered Dallas Clarks name

smittyjs
08-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Todd Heap

Ho0k Em'
08-05-2006, 04:20 PM
So many Cowboy homers it's shame.

SuperMcGee
08-05-2006, 04:21 PM
we really need to decrease the value of an Admin vote

cunningham06
08-05-2006, 04:21 PM
So many Cowboy homers it's shame.

Damn Cowboys homers, Witten is not the best tight end in the NFL.

08-05-2006, 04:24 PM
how did witten get 13 votes? he had 0 when i looked at this 5 minutes ago.

Ravens1991
08-05-2006, 04:39 PM
why does Witten have 14 votes and Gates has like 11, what is up with this, Gates is hands down the best TE in the league.

cunningham06
08-05-2006, 04:43 PM
why does Witten have 14 votes and Gates has like 11, what is up with this, Gates is hands down the best TE in the league.

Cowboys players should just not be on the polls because some of the fans are complete homers and will vote for them. The Cowboys don't have any players who are the best at their position in the NFL, they have a lot of good players, but none of the best.

Shane P. Hallam
08-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Lol, that was a real quick turnaround for Witten :wink:

Didn't George Foster win RT? Yeah, this is going down real quick...

Smooth Criminal
08-05-2006, 04:59 PM
I'll take Witten.

cunningham06
08-05-2006, 05:03 PM
I'll take Witten.

Why?

ny10804
08-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Gotta be Gates.

08-05-2006, 05:16 PM
stephenson dont put anymore cowboys in this

Shane P. Hallam
08-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Lol, there is no reasosn not to put some Cowboys players in on defense.

08-05-2006, 05:47 PM

only one who can be considered the best at his position is Roy Williams. they have other good players on D but not guys best at their position

cunningham06
08-05-2006, 05:47 PM

only one who can be considered the best at his position is Roy Williams. they have other good players on D but not guys best at their position

Ha Roy Williams. :lol:

Smooth Criminal
08-05-2006, 05:55 PM
I'll take Witten.

Why?

HE is definately better than everyone and its close with Gates. I gave Witten the nod because I think he is a better blocker and a very good reciever.

TE isn't all about being the best recieving threat. The best ones are the ones that can block very well and still be able to catch the ball.

Smooth Criminal
08-05-2006, 05:55 PM

Roy the best.

:lol:

08-05-2006, 05:56 PM

Roy the best.

:lol:

hes definitely not the best but he should get a nomination

cunningham06
08-05-2006, 06:00 PM
I'll take Witten.

Why?

HE is definately better than everyone and its close with Gates. I gave Witten the nod because I think he is a better blocker and a very good reciever.

TE isn't all about being the best recieving threat. The best ones are the ones that can block very well and still be able to catch the ball.

I say Gates is better than Witten because he uses his size better than Witten does, he is more of a red zone threat, and can certainly jump higher than Witten. Witten's the better blocker, but the Cowboys use him to block more than SD uses Gates in that respect, they don't require him to block as much, and he is a decent blocker. Also he does more with the ball once it's in his hands than Witten does. Gates gets double teamed pretty often, but a lot of the time makes the reception anyway. He is much more of a threat in the passing game than Witten is anyday.

stephenson86
08-05-2006, 06:11 PM
im aware of the cowboy player standings so i may not include them because there is obvious homerism

ninerfan
08-05-2006, 06:48 PM
:evil: quit joking people this is not funny - gates is the man

08-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Gonzalez. He's only slightly behind Gates in terms of receiving ability, and because of this, his blocking ability gets really overlooked. He's actually one of the most underrated tight ends when it comes to blocking ability.

I love tony G but he isnt the best blcoker in the world, he is very average at it.

Texico From Mexico
08-05-2006, 06:58 PM
im aware of the cowboy player standings so i may not include them because there is obvious homerism

Well thats real nice...nice polls you are running here. I personally voted for Gonzo but you are telling us that you are going to keep Cowboy players out because of 1. Homerisim and 2. You dont feel that any of them belong on the polls? These polls are hardly accurate because 1. There is cheating going on, a blind man can see that 2. Regardless of team every last one of you is a homer and 3. What makes you think your opinion is any better than the next guy?

Its a popularity contest...and has nothing to do with real talent. You people are just pissed off because the polls are not going your way..so when they arent you wine and cry...

I have an idea...why dont you stop all these BS polls. :roll:

America
08-05-2006, 06:59 PM
Yeah Gates now has 18, Witten 20. All yall people who voted for Witten know that is complete crap. Gates is the best, and there's not anyone who really can come close to him. The rest are second tier.

RCAChainGang
08-05-2006, 08:16 PM

Cowboys players should just not be on the polls because some of the fans are complete homers and will vote for them. The Cowboys don't have any players who are the best at their position in the NFL, they have a lot of good players, but none of the best.

Ive heard cowboy ans say jason witten and roy are the best in the NFC. Do u guys think thats true?

I think alge crumpler is the best. Man im the one who votes somebody only like two other people have voted for.

cunningham06
08-05-2006, 08:25 PM

Ive heard cowboy ans say jason witten and roy are the best in the NFC. Do u guys think thats true?

I think alge crumpler is the best. Man im the one who votes somebody only like two other people have voted for.

A case can be made for Witten being the best in the NFC, but Alge is a great and reliable target. Shockey also has a lot of potential.

Roy being the best in the NFC is a complete joke, just like his coverage. He's not even the best in his division. He isn't close to as good as Brian Dawkins or Sean Taylor.

08-05-2006, 08:26 PM
This is bogus ********. Theres no one close to Gates.

Ravens1991
08-05-2006, 08:26 PM
good to see Gates ahead of Witten.

stephenson86
08-05-2006, 09:12 PM

Well thats real nice...nice polls you are running here. I personally voted for Gonzo but you are telling us that you are going to keep Cowboy players out because of 1. Homerisim and 2. You dont feel that any of them belong on the polls? These polls are hardly accurate because 1. There is cheating going on, a blind man can see that 2. Regardless of team every last one of you is a homer and 3. What makes you think your opinion is any better than the next guy?

Its a popularity contest...and has nothing to do with real talent. You people are just pissed off because the polls are not going your way..so when they arent you wine and cry...

I have an idea...why dont you stop all these BS polls. :roll:

no im just dissapointed that on two occasions a dallas players vote count has sky rocketed in a matter of minutes and its not happened with any other team. fact of the matter is these polls have been running nicely and there has been no homerism. but as i see it something is going on with the dallas votes as they are the only ones that sky rocket so suddenly

Staubach12
08-05-2006, 09:13 PM

I voted Gates. Did it ever occur to you that some people think he's the best?

Shane P. Hallam
08-05-2006, 09:20 PM

Apparently not, so many people are on track minded in everything here...

08-05-2006, 09:27 PM

Theres no reasoning that would make me or any sane minded football fan believe that hes better than gates.

RCAChainGang
08-05-2006, 11:01 PM
I don't think all Dallas fans are homerish, I hate to say it, but some are. Jason Witten is a more complete TE than Gates. Jason comes close to being the best. I'm not freaking cause of the TE, but i don't think Roy is the best SS in the NFC. :roll: I do hate the way that Everyone is sayin Witten doesn't come close cause he does! Gates doesn't come close to being as good at blocking than Witten. There are cowboy homers, but I don't think it is a problem on these polls. They just say outrageous things.

Alge Crumpler is the best :wink:

cunningham06
08-05-2006, 11:10 PM

I'm sure some do, however it is crazy to think that almost as many people on this board think that Jason Witten is as good as Gates. I'm glad you voted for Gates, because I think he is better than Witten. I'm just saying that it's odd that a player on a team that has the most fans on this site is being chosen as the best TE when most people agree that he's not. The fact that he is embarassing Gonzo in the polls right now is ridiculous.

RCAChainGang
08-05-2006, 11:37 PM

I'm sure some do, however it is crazy to think that almost as many people on this board think that Jason Witten is as good as Gates. I'm glad you voted for Gates, because I think he is better than Witten. I'm just saying that it's odd that a player on a team that has the most fans on this site is being chosen as the best TE when most people agree that he's not. The fact that he is embarassing Gonzo in the polls right now is ridiculous.

I think the reason cowboy fans are mad is because lots of people have said they are all homers wich is totally wrong i know plenty of cowboy fans that are great posters and arent.

cunningham06
08-05-2006, 11:44 PM

I think the reason cowboy fans are mad is because lots of people have said they are all homers wich is totally wrong i know plenty of cowboy fans that are great posters and arent.

I agree, not all cowboys fans are homers, but some are. There are homers for every team, but since the Cowboys have more fans, naturally they have more homers.

stephenson86
08-06-2006, 05:34 AM
I don't think all Dallas fans are homerish, I hate to say it, but some are. Jason Witten is a more complete TE than Gates. Jason comes close to being the best. I'm not freaking cause of the TE, but i don't think Roy is the best SS in the NFC. :roll: I do hate the way that Everyone is sayin Witten doesn't come close cause he does! Gates doesn't come close to being as good at blocking than Witten. There are cowboy homers, but I don't think it is a problem on these polls. They just say outrageous things.

Alge Crumpler is the best :wink:
i know witten is he best, but i get somewhat bemused at the sudden sky rocket of votes for him

Splat
08-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Gates is the best but Tony Gonzalez is still #2 and a better all around TE.

no love
08-06-2006, 02:23 PM
NO DAVIS?! BOOOOOO :cry: Jk. But Davis would be my pick....no homerism involved, i don't even need to see him play. He's still my pick.

08-06-2006, 02:24 PM
NO DAVIS?! BOOOOOO :cry: Jk. But Davis would be my pick....no homerism involved, i don't even need to see him play. He's still my pick.

:roll:

jsagan77
08-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Cooley will be better than all them this year.... 8) Hopefully.. :lol:

Smooth Criminal
08-07-2006, 10:10 PM
Gates is only better than Witten at recieving and Fantasy football.

Witten is a much better blocker than Gates and I would much rather have a great blocker than another WR at TE. Plus Witten is a good recieving TE. While he isn't as good as Gates at catching he makes up for it by being a much better blocker.

Gates is only the concensous best TE to people because he is a more flashy pick.

RCAChainGang
08-08-2006, 12:23 AM
Gates is only better than Witten at recieving and Fantasy football.

Witten is a much better blocker than Gates and I would much rather have a great blocker than another WR at TE. Plus Witten is a good recieving TE. While he isn't as good as Gates at catching he makes up for it by being a much better blocker.

Gates is only the concensous best TE to people because he is a more flashy pick.

I think Alge Crumpler is a lot like Jason Witten.

DMWSackMachine
08-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Well, I voted for Witten after the poll was closed and Gates had won, because I figured that it wasn't even going to be close. If I would have known that someone was messing with the poll, I would have voted Gates. There is no one even close to what he (Gates) can do in the recieving game with his sheer physical ability, but I think Witten has mastered the nuances of the position along with all the technical aspects of it much much better than Gates, including all the elements of the passing game. However, Gates is such a superior physical and instinctive player that no TE can come close to him. He is already the best ever, and I don't think there is even a close #2.

I voted for Witten because I believe that he (along with several other Cowboy players) is vastly underrated on this forum because of all the anti-Cowboy bias. He has refined his game and worked to improve until he is legitimately at the top of the league as far as "learned" skills go. Plus he is a natural football guy that just loves to play. He doesn't have great speed or explosiveness, and that ends up being the ultimate deciding factor in this argument.

It has gotten to the point on this forum that, because of all the stupidity bandied about by a few - Balaskonis primarily, along with the occasional involvement of Tex Mex or another of our teenaged fans - nearly everyone here has a built in predjudice against all of our players. Roy Williams - once one of the most over hyped players in the league - has now become vastly underrated by the majority of posters here based off of three plays from last year, of which only one was his fault.

Newman, Witten, Roy, and a few up and comers all are deserving of being included in the discussions of the best at their positions and yet the vast majority of people have already decided that there is no way in hell any of these guys has a chance. I understand that this is the penalty for being a fan of the most scrutinized franchise in the league, one that has probably attracted more bandwagon jumpers than any other in our sport. But anyone interested in objective, impartial commentary and fandom should consider that there are those of us that live and breathe Cowboys, and have done so through thick and thin, and yet still can make a fair, untainted analysis of our place in the league. If you're going to complain about something, it would serve you well not to fall prey to it in the process.