PDA

View Full Version : Sleepers

ricky bobby
04-16-2007, 03:37 PM
What are some sleepers that you would like to see the giants take?

Here are a couple of mine

Usama Young - CB - 5'11 190
Great athleticism, good size, but is a small school guy. He recently had a great workout with a sub 4.4 forty yard dash and a wowing 43 inch vertical jump. I've seen him being projecting in the second round, as the sixth best corner. A bit early in the second, but if he is around in the third, he is a must get IMO.

Walter Thomas - DT - 6'4" 370
Another small school guy who is very athletic, and very big. He may be a late first day pick come draft day.

Laron Harris - DT - 6'3" 345
Did a backflip at a recent workout. Was a big time recruit, but became a bit lazy. Has picked up his work ethic since then, which is evident in his workouts. Probably a fourth or fifth round guy.

Arkee Whitlock - RB - 5'9 200
Put up huge numbers production wise at Southern Illinois. I was very surprised when he didn't get a combine invite. Probably a 7th round UDFA guy.

Eldra Buckley - RB - 5'10 200
Small schooler. Pretty much the same type of scat back as Whitlock. 5th-7th

Craig Dahl - SS - 6'2" 215
Small school guy out of North Dakota state. Very athletic for a guy his size, may develop at safety, but could be an immediate special teamer. Ran the fastest 60 yard shuttle out of anyone at the combine. 5th - 7th round

Jordan Kent - WR - 6'4" 210
Very athletic guy out of Oregon who was a two sport guy. If he concentrated on football he could be special. UDFA.

ricky bobby
04-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Add these guys to my list

Jackie Battle RB/FB - Who doesn't know him by now?
Taurean Charles LB - former Florida recruit
Chad Nkang OLB/SS - Great production at small school. Also very athletic
Daren Stone S - Very athletic and plays with an attitude.
Derrick Stanley WR - Don't know much other than he looks like he can make a good KR
Mike Mason WR - Same as Stanley

Kevin Boss - Not really a sleeper anymore
Mike Walker - Same as Boss

Damix
04-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Just something, you know there is a difference between a back flip and a back hand spring, while its still amazing for a man of his size and shows how athletic he is, its not a back flip.

Sorry for that.

bigbluedefense
04-16-2007, 04:40 PM
I like Ramonce Taylor as a return man, Mike Walker, Marvin White, Garrett Wolffe, Kyle Young, Lorenzo Booker, and theres others, but I'll get back to ya on it, I can't remember off the top of my head.

ricky bobby
04-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Just something, you know there is a difference between a back flip and a back hand spring, while its still amazing for a man of his size and shows how athletic he is, its not a back flip.

Sorry for that.

Amazing nonetheless for a guy of that size. I think that it actually takes more coordination to pull off a "back hand spring". You have to land on your hands, and then use your arm strength to flip yourself again. It seems even more complicated.

Damix
04-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Amazing nonetheless for a guy of that size. I think that it actually takes more coordination to pull off a "back hand spring". You have to land on your hands, and then use your arm strength to flip yourself again. It seems even more complicated.

Nah its a ton easier, my high school gf was a cheerleader and she was constantly complaining that half the squad couldn't do full backflips so they had to edit all the moves into back hand springs