PDA

View Full Version : I found our RB.

Mr. Stiller
04-16-2007, 11:20 PM
I Don't find very many guys in a draft that I'll stick to before I find a new guy that I think will be better, However... No one can beat out Jackie Battle In My eyes.

Youtube Highlights (http://youtube.com/watch?v=4ShuIHhITZ0&mode=related&search=)

Battle has big time speed, FB Frame, and is seriously near unstoppable.

He has just a hair less agility than Michael Bush, but is faster than Both Bush and Hunt. He has a great Explosion. He has amazing downfield vision, and he can move the pile.

This guy is perfect as our #2. He can be our Michael Turner (Ironically he's bigger/faster), he's a 5th rounder, and he can do everything we want as a 2nd RB.

People will argue (By looking at his draft stock) and saying "As a 5th rounder, what if Parker goes down". Regardless of who the #2 is (Short of AP) your in trouble. But this kid is still a player. 4.42 speed, at 6'2 235lbs. Hits like a ton of bricks, has a 4 Ft vertical (41in), and can do the Goal-line dives (10'11" broad jump).

for his pro day video, see here.

Pro-Day (http://youtube.com/watch?v=CECS_WsOPU4&mode=related&search=)

After seeing those Videos please explain how he's not a perfect fit for our #2 needs and Short Yardage packages.

SuperKevin
04-16-2007, 11:22 PM
4 foot vertical would be 48 inches :)

Mr. Stiller
04-16-2007, 11:25 PM
4 foot vertical would be 48 inches :)

Nice catch Kev!

terribletowel39
04-16-2007, 11:48 PM
me likey but i always have. as i once attended La Tech and that is WAC as well. i definitely think he could be our #2.

mikehop05
04-16-2007, 11:51 PM
yea his #'s are pretty nice...

i wonder why hes not ranked higher in peoples pos rankings

terribletowel39
04-17-2007, 01:39 AM
yea his #'s are pretty nice...

i wonder why hes not ranked higher in peoples pos rankings

Sam Houston State. have you ever heard of it??

SuperKevin
04-17-2007, 01:49 AM
Sam Houston State. have you ever heard of it??

Yes and I've also heard of the University of Houston which coincidentally is where Jackie Battle went to

terribletowel39
04-17-2007, 09:52 AM
Yes and I've also heard of the University of Houston which coincidentally is where Jackie Battle went to

well aren't you just in a correcting mood today?? they are the same thing basically so it doesn't really.....count...as uh....mistake.

glennjamen3
04-17-2007, 09:58 AM
damn... yeah he looks pretty good. He would be a really good fit for us

DeathbyStat
04-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Nice but i had the same feeling when i watched the Nate Iloa you tube video.

richdg
04-17-2007, 12:50 PM
I scopped Mr. Stiller! I had Battle in my mock draft last week! He would be a great pick on day 2. Size and speed, good numbers as a player.

Man_Of_Steel
04-17-2007, 02:26 PM
I dont often agree with you Stiller but this guy looks like he could be a capable number 2 back.

Mr. Stiller
04-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Nice but i had the same feeling when i watched the Nate Iloa you tube video.

Nate Ilaoa doesn't have his size/speed. Ilaoa is undersized 5'9, at 240 lbs. He's a 4.7+ Runner where as battle is a 4.42 Runner.

Ilaoa is considered a FB, Battle was considered an FB (Which is why I lost hope on him since the Bowl game)...

Ilaoa didn't run crazy on Missouri and SC... Battle did. Battle reminds me of a Taller, more powerful Michael Turner (The guy we should've picked in the 5th round over ... Adibi was it?)

And I'm sure Ilaoa was tackled behind his LOS more than 4 times in his career.

SuperKevin
04-17-2007, 09:37 PM
well aren't you just in a correcting mood today?? they are the same thing basically so it doesn't really.....count...as uh....mistake.

Sam Houston State and University of Houston are two completely different colleges. Sam Houston State is D1-AA and has a decent RB of their own in DD Terry

mikehop05
04-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Sam Houston State and University of Houston are two completely different colleges. Sam Houston State is D1-AA and has a decent RB of their own in DD Terry

i think he was being sarcastic ;)

terribletowel39
04-18-2007, 01:22 AM
i think he was being sarcastic ;)

nice catch. :) i guess it is a steelers thing.

slurve
04-18-2007, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the vids Mr. Stiller, he stood out in a few Houston games(as did Will Gulley, Willie Gaston, and Rodney Hannah)I saw this year as well. I could of run through some of those holes(though I would be caught pretty quick), maybe we should be looking at the Houston lineman as well. Great nickname potential as well; from the Bus, to the Dumptruck, and next the Battleship.

How high might we have to go to get him now, 4th round? I think the knock on him before his pro day was scouts were looking at him as a FB, and they thought he didn't have the heart/toughness to be a lead blocker.

Let the Battle pimping begin

PittPete
04-18-2007, 10:42 AM
How about putting him in the same backfield as fast Willie?

terribletowel39
04-18-2007, 10:45 AM
How about putting him in the same backfield as fast Willie?
that would be some scariness. that would be the saints backfield right there. willie just isn't as agile as bush is and battle would prolly need a yr or two to be as powerful or know how to run with enough power as mcalister. but we would be the next greatest duo backfield.

Mr. Stiller
04-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the vids Mr. Stiller, he stood out in a few Houston games(as did Will Gulley, Willie Gaston, and Rodney Hannah)I saw this year as well. I could of run through some of those holes(though I would be caught pretty quick), maybe we should be looking at the Houston lineman as well. Great nickname potential as well; from the Bus, to the Dumptruck, and next the Battleship.

How high might we have to go to get him now, 4th round? I think the knock on him before his pro day was scouts were looking at him as a FB, and they thought he didn't have the heart/toughness to be a lead blocker.

Let the Battle pimping begin

I don't think it was the "Heart/toughness" I mean he was a physical runner.. I think they didn't realize he had real NFL Caliber speed. They guestimated around 4.72. thats .3 seconds slower than he is. Doesn't sound like much, but he gets out in front of the LB's, it's over.

The way I See it is he's used to a spread offense/1RB base formation (Guess what we're running!)

Man_Of_Steel
04-18-2007, 02:14 PM
that would be some scariness. that would be the saints backfield right there. willie just isn't as agile as bush is and battle would prolly need a yr or two to be as powerful or know how to run with enough power as mcalister. but we would be the next greatest duo backfield.

my mistake

mikehop05
04-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Are you kidding, saying that Parker has as much agility as Bush. Have you ever seen the two play. Bush has about all the agility a single person can have and Parker's agility is middle row. Do you know what agility is?

um, did you read what he said?

he said willie "isnt as agile as bush is"

Man_Of_Steel
04-18-2007, 02:21 PM
um, did you read what he said?

he said willie "isnt as agile as bush is"

my bad.

On another note we should have our second round pick in the NFLDC Draft by tonight.

mikehop05
04-18-2007, 02:23 PM
what direction u headed towards?

cb / line / receiver?

Man_Of_Steel
04-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Well, i cant say exactly who stiller and i are targeting but right now it seems we may take a guy with the intention of switching his college position.

terribletowel39
04-18-2007, 02:36 PM
that could be any number of ppl. let us know who is available with 2nd rd grades and who yall are thinking of. and if we can help, i'd be more than happy to give my opinion.

BigRob
04-18-2007, 06:45 PM
I like Battle, but I think his running style and height reminds me more of Chris Brown(TN), than Michael Turner. I am not saying that in a bad way. Before Chris Brown started getting injured being the main back he was a great back-up running back.

Mr. Stiller
04-18-2007, 07:33 PM
I like Battle, but I think his running style and height reminds me more of Chris Brown(TN), than Michael Turner. I am not saying that in a bad way. Before Chris Brown started getting injured being the main back he was a great back-up running back.

Well Chris Brown I can agree with the fact neither lower their center of gravity to run the end arounds, but Battle isn't an upright runner.. Brown was a physical standup runner that i'd compare favorably to Bush, whereas Battle is a guy taht will lower his shoulder and lower his center of gravity.