PDA

View Full Version : NBA #1 Draft pick if you had a choice.

eacantdraft
04-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Assuming Oden comes out, who would you pick, Durant or Oden? No one else is close.

I would lean toward Durant. I think he can contribute more sooner. Oden is more foul prone and is not a great shooter. Durant has a great all around shooter. It may take a few season for Oden to develop and he may be doing that for another team if he leaves as a free agent

Bengals1690
04-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Oden's defense will be fine, and it will make up for his offenensive shortcomings until he develops more post moves and a 10-12 foot jumper

Vikes99ej
04-17-2007, 10:32 AM
There is already an NBA Draft thread...

Moses
04-17-2007, 10:33 AM
Depends on your team needs. In most cases Oden because centers are a premium position.

etk
04-17-2007, 10:37 AM
I would build a team around Oden. Forwards don't guarantee Championships when you look at guys like Garnett/Nowitzki,etc. Great Centers are invaluable to playoff success.

NYmoney
04-17-2007, 10:37 AM
There is already an NBA Draft thread...

exactly. why do people insist upon creating the same threads again and again?

M.O.T.H.
04-17-2007, 10:39 AM
There arent many Centers out there that could put up 20 and 10 a night... potentially he can be that type of guy... even better.

JoeMontainya
04-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Anyone that would take Durant is a moron. SF's dont win championships in the NBA (sorry Lebron). a combination of a good PG and CENTER, win championships.

wogitalia
04-17-2007, 10:42 AM
I'd take Oden 99 times out 100. Just a better prospect overall.

M.O.T.H.
04-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Well... if you want the sure thing you go with Durant. He's the next great Forward, in the mold of the Lebron's, the T-Macs, and Melo's out there. He's gonna give you 20 a night right from the get go... In Oden you have potentially a more superior player but, as of right now he is more of the project. He should play well his rookie year but, it will take longer for him to become a super star. Overall, although Durant is the better of the two now, Oden gives you more in the long run...IMO. Of course you must consider... Centers are never a sure thing.

NYGibril28
04-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Durant. Oden may be the better propsect, but in this era of up and down play with alot of teams relying on the fastbreak more so than the halfcourt offense, Durant makes more sense to me

Don Vito
04-17-2007, 11:37 AM
For the Cletics I would have to say Greg Oden. Our offense can get it done, but on the defensive end they get it handed to them every night. Durant is a great scorer and a great player, but we need a big, imposing defender who can score as well to take some of the pressure of Pierce. We would have a nice frontcourt rotation with Oden, Al Jefferson, Kendrick Perkins, and Ryan Gomes.

ccB
04-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Oden easily. The only team that should take Durant in front of Oden would be a team like Phoenix or possibly Golden State. They are teams that like to run and gun with an abundance of young bigmen already (Stoudemire in PHO and Biedrins and O'Bryant in GS) and Durant would fit well there. Theres no way phoenix gets the 1st pick and GS's chances are slim so Oden should be the #1 pick without a doubt in my mind.

jets future
04-17-2007, 12:25 PM
well i dont see durant as a winner, he seems like another tracy mcgrady. he will throw up the stats but lets look at playoff experinces. Tracy mcgrady still hasnt made it to the 2 nd round of the nba playoffs.
oden seems like a winner, and seems like he will do any thing for the team.
so i d rather have oden.

Homicide
04-17-2007, 01:27 PM
Oden at the moment, but I would take Durant for the long run. If Durant can develop his post moves, he will be better than KG in his prime.

Acreboy
04-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Durant and it's not eve close. Durant can play offense and defense all Oden is good for right now is defense.

moc182
04-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Oden easily, every great team needs a dominating defensive presence in the middle, and Oden is going to be just that. Throw in the 20 and 12 he's going to average and he should have a ring on each finger before it's all said and done.

Vince Lombardi
04-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Assuming the question means we're building a team from scratch I'd go with Oden every time. Durant is a stellar talent, but it would be easier to eventually add a SF that comes close to Durants talent than it would be to find a talented big man that comes close to Odens.

jets future
04-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Oden at the moment, but I would take Durant for the long run. If Durant can develop his post moves, he will be better than KG in his prime.

lol you got it upside down. oden is better in the long run, durant will show more of an immidate impact. if durant can get stronger,and probably improve an inside game he well be amazing. but oden is the better prospect. because the point of the nba is to win. and oden seems like the better winner.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
04-17-2007, 06:11 PM
in general, i know Durant is,well amazing, but u can't teach size with the type of ability that Oden brings. u gotta take a dominant big because they are harder to get then a capable SF in the future

DChess
04-17-2007, 06:15 PM
oden, its hard finding an athletic center, or a center at. its like in baseball, if you have two identical players one an outfielder or one a catcher, you would take the catcher because of the surplus of them and the lack of good catchers

LitoSheppard
04-17-2007, 06:17 PM
Durant, great shooting period. He looks like a Lebron James type of player (No im not saying he is as good as James)

energizerbunny
Oden is the type of prospect that comes around every 12-15 years... no one in their right mind would pass him

Chucky
Me being a raps fan i would prefer Oden. Can you imagine a frontcourt of Bargnani, Bosh, and Oden

cardsalltheway
04-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Durant and it's not eve close. Durant can play offense and defense all Oden is good for right now is defense.

key words right there.

MP123
04-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Greg Oden. Centers like him come along less often than forwards like Kevin Durant.

ElectricEye
04-17-2007, 06:58 PM

I disagree.
People are underestimating Oden's offensive game. Without question, he has some work to do, but college basketball isn't very friendly to big guys. The NBA has quite a bit more post play. He's not going to average 20 a game right away like Durrant will, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see his offensive numbers look the same or a little better than they did in college.
I would take Oden, and I don't even have to think about it. Players like Durrant come around every 5 years or so. Big time scorers. A true center comes along less often these days.

sweetness34
04-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Oden without hestiation. The man has a chance to be one of the best C's in recent memory defensively and has a ton of upside offensively.

Big Mike
04-17-2007, 07:40 PM
It really depends on which team I am. If I'm Boston, I already have Al Jefferson but I could use him as a PF so I would take Oden. But If I was Memphis I would take Durant unless I'm gonna trade Gasol.

skinzzfan25
04-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Oden easily for the wizards. They are missing that dominate force down low. That's probably the last piece of the puzzle they need before they can make a legit playoff run.

Oden has an elite post game, and there aren't too many high scoring centers in the NBA at the time.

Paranoidmoonduck
04-17-2007, 07:54 PM
I'm by no means an NBA expert, but I think Oden definitely represents more value due to the overall lack of real NBA centers in the league right now.

RaiderNation
04-17-2007, 07:58 PM
greg oden.

BuckNaked
04-17-2007, 08:10 PM
I would have to go Oden

princefielder28
04-17-2007, 08:14 PM
For Milwaukee I think Oden b/c Simmons will be back and Patterson has done a nice job but bogut and Villanueva just don't dominate inside

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
04-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Oden Oden Oden. With the lack of good centers in the NBA, Oden could be top-10 without developing his offensive game. Since he probably will, there's a good chance he's in the HOF. There's only one dynasty in the NBA that did it without that franchise center: and that team had probably the greatest player of all-time on it.

ElectricEye
04-17-2007, 08:21 PM
It really depends on which team I am. If I'm Boston, I already have Al Jefferson but I could use him as a PF so I would take Oden. But If I was Memphis I would take Durant unless I'm gonna trade Gasol.

Al Jefferson is used as a power forward. Kendrick Perkins plays center most of the time, and not very well either.

RoyHall#1
04-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Oden, he just has way too much upside.

NickBam
04-18-2007, 12:38 AM
Depends on the team, but for the most part I'd take Oden since a franchise center can take you a long way and I'm an Ohio State fan.

art vandelay
04-18-2007, 06:57 AM
It definitely depends on the team but I would go with Oden because most teams are in need of a C.