PDA

View Full Version : Giants bring in Merriweather for a private interview....

GiantRutgersFan
04-17-2007, 12:31 PM
in the second, I wouldnt hate it.

He has talent, and seems like he could bring some fire to our secondary. But there is some character issues there.

Depends on the board for me. I wouldnt take him over Weddle in the second however.

Damix
04-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Favorite player in the draft as its been well documented, would love him, even in the first.

ricky bobby
04-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Thanks, you just ruined my day.

Osi4life
04-17-2007, 03:16 PM
oh hey where did you read they brought him in?

Number 10
04-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Player visits, especially the well documented ones are larely due to an attempt at a smokescreen. But the visit with Meriweather had to happen because he is a good player at a position of need that needed to be interviewed. There were some red flags with his character but it appears that the kid is a very nice, down to earth, non-thug.

Oh and for those that are concerned, he does not own a gun.

BaLLiN
04-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Player visits, especially the well documented ones are larely due to an attempt at a smokescreen. But the visit with Meriweather had to happen because he is a good player at a position of need that needed to be interviewed. There were some red flags with his character but it appears that the kid is a very nice, down to earth, non-thug.

Oh and for those that are concerned, he does not own a gun.
If he's there in the second we got to take him, he delivers the hit, but can still come down and cover the slot. I see great potential in him and Beason, they play until the whisle and give it their all.

fenikz
04-17-2007, 04:44 PM
there is no way he last til the 2nd, im pretty sure they brought him in to see if they want to take him in the 1st

Osi4life
04-17-2007, 05:44 PM
ill take him in a second at 20 some might think im crazy but i think he's going to be really good, a force in the secondary and he's a leader something we need in our DB's.

hugegmenfan
04-17-2007, 05:46 PM
we have interviewed a lot of guys it does not necessarily mean anything but if he is there in the 2nd i wouldn not mind it

moc182
04-18-2007, 01:01 AM
I'd be fine with him in the first. He's an incredible player, and his character issues are overblown.

Damix
04-18-2007, 09:29 AM
We interviewed him at the senior bowl as well, I think we have a genuine interest