PDA

View Full Version : rogers works out for the giants

jbombul
04-17-2007, 01:12 PM
http://blog.mlive.com/highlightreel/2007/04/charles_rogers_works_out_for_g.html

Charles Rogers works out for Giants
Posted by Bill Emkow April 15, 2007 15:02PM
Trying to keep up with former Lions first round picks who don't pan out? It's a tough job following so many. Fortunately, we do get an update on Charles Rogers.

April 13, NJ.com: Former Lions WR Charles Rogers is visiting the Giants today. The troubled former No. 2 overall pick was out of the league all last season after being cut by Detroit in early September. His three-year stint with the Lions included two broken collarbones and a suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

It's unclear at this point if the Giants are simply doing their due diligence or planning on offering Rogers a contract. I guess it all depends on how well he works out today. If he runs a 4.8 40-yard dash (as he reportedly did during a recent workout with the Chiefs), I doubt the Giants will start clearing a locker for him. And even if he scorches the FieldTurf, I wouldn't expect an offer much higher than a 1-year minimum contract.

i think if he can work out well and get himself a contract, state fans will be obligated to watch every single lions game this year (Burress and Rogers)

asmitty45
04-17-2007, 04:16 PM
you mean every single Giants game? and yes i will, thatll be mt favorite tandem bar none

dreadedluck
04-17-2007, 05:07 PM
A mininum contract for sure, with possible incentives if he gets signed. If he is serious, which would be a first in a while, he could regain his quickness and route running abilities, but huge ifs, got to feel sorry for him if he never got hurt he probaly would have been an average wideout helping a team but his attitude matches his recreational habits.

Thomas7399
04-17-2007, 05:43 PM
Good for CRog....I hope he finds a niche with the Giants

Addict
04-18-2007, 02:44 AM
Good for CRog....I hope he finds a niche with the Giants

I have a hard time sypmathizing with a guy who set the Lions franchise back five years single-handidly. Besides... he ran a 4.8 in Kansas and the article says he'll get a one-year deal IF he scorches the turf.

Even if he does... it's C-Rog.

reinar
04-18-2007, 03:36 AM
I wouldnt so much say that he set our franchise back, I mean 2 broken collar bones pretty much sealed that deal.

Millen was in charge, or at least stood there when the rocks flew. He could ahve drafted someone else. he didnt.

detknowitall
04-18-2007, 06:59 AM
I have a hard time sypmathizing with a guy who set the Lions franchise back five years single-handidly. Besides... he ran a 4.8 in Kansas and the article says he'll get a one-year deal IF he scorches the turf.

Even if he does... it's C-Rog.

The only way that guy scorches the turf is if he drops his blunt.

Addict
04-18-2007, 07:05 AM

or the zippo he uses to light his pot.

jbombul
04-18-2007, 12:23 PM

haha positive rep for that one